Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 08:36:51
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
First time you were CL? Started by: Sonny-Black on Oct 01, '20 05:10

quite chaotic and such a joy and terror at the same time :)

Report Post Tip

it was full of ups and downs with headaces, but once they started to to become a close nit group it was great and then it ended to soon. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I have the logs from #crewleader the day the SammyNoShoes set up and was taken down when UN was around (hope I shared them with you pal?)

Some great memories in here, especially of the early days when it was a solid grind to MM, no BG’s or Forts and flying by the seat of your pants for the first few days!

Anyway, despite having been on these shores for some time, I had never really made it to CL, on a good run, I would make it to being a hand and then something would happen and it would be back to square one! I would lose a little love for the game and then it would be years before I put any effort in - well, it was one of the “recovery” accounts o had been on for some time, was having a good bit of fun and was just starting to put some effort in when admin banished my CL. So I bought a HQ, thinking “eff it” I ended up taking on a container crew - managed to work out auth and was just settling in to start making the temporary house a home, when a rogue took me down, paintbrush in hand... No whisper.

Gone are the days of a good whisper eh!
Yeah Cognito you showed me, lol. Damn I was drunk. Think it was Coldwar not Coldest (auto correct) who shot me. A 50 mam crew, and that was small. Fun times.
Report Post Tip
Lhm killed a CH CA and the city head killed us for being generous
Report Post Tip

I felt like the first time I made CL it was an amazing experience. I had a fantastic GF who taught me everything I needed to know, fantastic partners, a great RH and LH and a bangin crew tag. This was back when NO was still a city. 

My second time was pretty good but I panicked. Most of my crew was deadweight but I had a great set of hands. Overall though, I realized it wasn't for me to be CL. 

The first time I went bold was a short-lived 48 hour stint. I think I had a total of 10 members before an Earner who bought an HQ went rogue shot my n00b ass. It was the first name I actually played rather than signing up and going inactive because I talked to who I needed to contact. He was a dupe as well.

Yes, you read that right... Earner with a headquarters. Back in the old, old, old days that's what the min rank to set up was.

First time i was CL I mean....I did get Godfather but i was complete fucking trash and IA CL with an whole IA crew lol. 2nd Time i think i was champ at for sure.

Report Post Tip

it was a total trainwreck to be frank, but a good learning experience to be sure. i learned a lot during that time, enough to know that i don't want anymore unless its absolutely necessary.

Report Post Tip

I enjoy hoping on to read everyone's experiences! A earner with his own HQ? That's wild asf lmao

Report Post Tip

Yeah, that was back on .org in 2003. Was a different time back then, different playing styles etc...

Report Post Tip

Full of mistakes, it's how you learn. I'm of the belief that a good CL looks back on it and asks themselves how they could have done better, been better, rather than dwell on how shitty it may have gone or how it ended. 

FWIW, the real pleasure in it for me is handing the privilege to others. I've authed something like 10 people and it's always so exciting to watch them flourish and make me proud. :)

Report Post Tip

I actually got crew leader on my first account surprisingly, picked up the game very quickly I suppose. It didn't last a super long time, 2 weeks max if that but was definitely what kept me addicted and coming back! It definitely made me learn a lot and after that I didn't take CL for a bit, decided to go through hand positions until I was ready for the responsibility again as I know it was very stressful with learning the game as well as trying to run a crew.

I have been playing for 5, 6 years now. Haven't been a CL yet. Been a hand a few times, but was short lived. Days or a week at the most.

Report Post Tip

So long ago....I have a vague recollection of buying my hq in the wrong city, not the one I was authed in!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I believe my first time i died within 20 minutes.

it was rather underwhelming.

Report Post Tip
Back in 2010 I became a CL for about a few months. I was a royal pain, but at the same time it was quite enjoyable. The money flow was insane
Report Post Tip

my first time was a after a site wide war, didnt last long but learned a lot about what it takes to be a CL. 

Report Post Tip

Must've been... 2015? Probably. Not the greatest success, not too memorable. Looked good though.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: First time you were CL?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL