Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Draco's Cauldron Started by: Draco on Oct 05, '20 03:06

╔════════════════▣◎▣════════════════╗

Draco's Cauldron

1701 Bagley Street, Corktown.

Detroit, MI 48216

Detroit's Finest Home Brewed Whiskey.

╚════════════════▣◎▣════════════════╝

On the corner of Bagley and Trumbull street stood an elegant brick building with tavern doors. A large sign hung from the front with the name displayed in large bold letters that quickly welcomed you in. The interior was basic, wooden mahogany floors and tapestries, and a long bar going through the center of the place where Draco served all his concoctions. All walks of life were welcome in this pub, but if you had the secret password, you could enter the back room where Draco ran his own type of 'card game' in the back known as "Wizard's Chess" .. it was quite popular and brought in plenty of revenue for the Malfoys.

Specialty Drinks Served:

-

The Phoenix Feather: Guaranteed to perk you right up, even if you've been bitten by a basilisk.

-

Butter Beer: This is a little boozier than the Three Broomsticks' finest, so you may want to skip the bourbon.

-

Polyjuice Potion: Be careful with stuff; you might not turn into exactly the person you had in mind just ask Hermione.

-

Felix Felici's Liquid Luck: This fizzy version of Felix is sure to boost your confidence levels on and off the Quidditch field.

-

Unicorn Blood: The blood of a unicorn will keep you alive, even if you are an inch from death, but at a terrible price.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The sun was setting in the front window as Draco was finishing up his polish job on the wooden bar surface, it left a glistening on the surface that projected a glare back up towards the ceiling, perfect, he thought to himself. Today was the grand opening of his new pub, he slung the rag back over his shoulder and dusted his hands together as a smile formed on his face as Crabbe and Goyle assumed their positions guarding the front door.

Draco casually strolled behind the bar before barking out to one of them to open the doors, which let the cold air seep into the place as night turned to dusk. Draco's Cauldron was open for business..

Report Post Tip

Morticia was enjoying her usual midnight stroll, the moonlight shining on her porcelain skin, making her skin glow preternaturally. Her blue eyes seemed filled with more merriment then usual as she recollected the fun she and her partner Gomez had had in Hawaii, setting all those ships belonging to the International Fruit Company ablaze. It reminded her of their first date and the way the sparks flew, she thought to herself, smiling fondly at the memory.

As she strolled along, she found herself in front of a new establishment that seemed to have popped up overnight. Peering up at the sign, she read the name and exclaimed out loud with glee! Finally somewhere where she and Gomez could fraternize and not feel as though they were out of place. Morticia was beyond pleased to see that the Cauldron was indeed open for business as she pushed open the heavy tavern door. 

She stood inside the doorway and slowly took in the interior. There really wasnt't much to see other than the long bar in the middle of the room. It was too bad that Gomez was busy with Mist_and_Shadows at ACI. They definitely needed to come check it out. But since she was already here, she could have one little drink perhaps, she told herself.

Morticia strode up to the bar then seated herself and waited to be served.

Report Post Tip

Draco quickly noticed the woman come strolling through the tavern doors, his first customer, he thought to himself. Crabbe quickly took her coat and directed her to the bar and observed as she elegantly sat down. He gave her a quick smile and ran his hand along the smooth and freshly polished bar until he reached where Morticia was seated.

"Good evening ma'am, welcome to Draco's Cauldron.. Party for one or two?"

He said calmly before widening his smile as she told him she was waiting on someone, he placed a menu down in front of her on the bar.

"Ah lovely! he can take the seat next to you when he arrives. So the kitchen is very small, mostly just appetizers.. breadsticks, cheese bread.. and some small pasta dishes but mostly its just alcohol we serve here. I highly suggest one of our specialty drinks!"

Draco paused as he pulled out a small notepad and pencil and flipped it open and put the mercury tip to the paper.

"So, what sha'll I get you started with?"

Report Post Tip

Morticia returned the young man's smile then thanked him. She wanted to take her time to peruse the menu but he seemed so exuberant over the fact that he already had a customer, the way he was poised over his notepad just waiting to take her order. She was fond of his energy and liked him instantly. 

"Hmm, tell you what. These drinks all look to die for," she said, laughing out loud at her own joke. "I know already that I will want to eventually try them all. Bring me the Liquid Luck. Not that I need it, of course. And a bowl of cashews please. Salted. That will be all for now."

Report Post Tip

The lead from the pencil let off a faint noise as the mercury scribbled into the paper before pulling it away as he re read his writing, the tip of his tongue sticking from the corner of his mouth. He smiled again when he was satisfied with the writing on the paper and folded it up and shoved it into his pocket.

"An excellent choice! I will be right back you just hang tight!"

He turned and swiftly bolted off down the bar and into the backroom behind the bar where Luigi sat in a chair in the corner snoring, the fat old man was always sleeping, Draco had the slightest idea why his father Scorpius insisted on him hiring this man, but he was stuck with him.. He shook his head and grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and filled it with cashews, the loud clanking of them against the bowl woke the man up who immediately grumbled at Draco.

"I've got no time for you, you filthy sleeping mudblood.. now be quiet before I make you regret speaking to me like that"

Draco waved his hand at the man whose lips immediately sealed. Draco chuckled as he finished pouring the Liquid Luck into it's glass and made his way back out the doors to Morticia where he placed both down infront of her.

"Bowl of cashews.. and your liquid luck.. go easy on that stuff ma'am.. it's pretty heavy!"

Report Post Tip

Before Morticia even had a chance to finish checking out the menu, Draco returned with her order. She had heard a slight commotion from where he had reappeared from the back room and was going to ask about it but was distracted once he placed the Liquid Luck before her with a flourish. She could tell that he was anxious for her to taste the concoction.

Her drink was presented in a tall glass decorated with curls of orange peels. The liquid inside was golden and fizzed and it tickled her nose when she took a small sip. It's taste was strong indeed, as she was forewarned but once it slid down her throat, she was left with a pleasant tingling sensation on her tongue.

"Draco, this drink is divine!" she exclaimed. "I have to know, what is in it and who is Felix Felici?"

Report Post Tip

Draco smiled with a slight chuckle as he watched the woman take a sip off his drink and beamed with pride as he could tell she liked what she tasted, she continued to visually inspect it as she held it in her hands before asking about it.. Draco leaned forward against the bar as he began to speak..

"Ah yes! Well, it was brewed.. well.. its actually quite a secret.. a magician after all does not reveal his secrets! But you almost had me rolling there for a second.."

He chuckled a bit more before continuing on..

"But, Felix Felici is the name of the man who first came up with this stuff, its also its second name.. Liquid Luck... they mean both in the same if that makes sense? Which bring you to the drink itself.. It is rumored it brings you luck from just taking one small sip, so if you plan to do some gambling.. chances are your going to win tonight!"

Report Post Tip

Morticia listened intently as Draco was about to spill the beans. She was disappointed with he started to reveal the secret recipe only to button up. Perhaps it was better she didn't know anyway. A little mystery was so much more fun! She perked back up when he identified himself as a magician! He was sure to have many tricks up his sleeve. She was going to have to keep a wary eye on him!

The second sip tasted even better than the first, now that she was more used to the bitter citrus flavour. The after taste left her mouth tingling again but now her head seemed to be swimming a bit as well. She blinked to clear the fog behind her eyes. She almost missed what Draco said...

"Gambling? What kind of gambling?" she asked, her voice slurring slightly.

Report Post Tip

Gomez wanted to celebrate with Morticia after having had a successful first mission with her in Hawaii. He strolled along Bagley street keeping an eye out for her as he knew that this was the route she normally took on her late night walks. As he wandered along the quiet, dark street he was surprised to find that one of the establishments still remained open at this ungodly hour. 'Draco's Cauldron' the sign read at the front of the pub and as he peered in through the window he saw Morticia perched atop a bar stool.

He pushed the door open and walked inside the warm and cozy pub, thoroughly impressed by the decor. Flashing a smile at Morticia he took a seat beside her. "You are a hard woman to find," he said jokingly with a chuckle before taking her hand and placing a quick kiss on the back of her hand. "I see that you started the celebrations without me."

Glancing at the menu, Gomez tried to make up his mind on what to order before settling on something simple. "Can I have a mug of butter beer," he asked the man behind the bar. As he waited for his drink he examined the place which had a mystical aura about it.

"What a neat place you found my dear," he turned to Morticia and stated. Putting on a serious face he added, "Did I hear you say something about gambling? You remember how it went the last time you took on a bet don't you?" Gomez had a wide grin on his face as he mentioned it.

Report Post Tip

Draco continued to watch the door as he spoke to Morticia and noticed a man walk through the front door and begin to be patted down by one of his fat bodyguards, Vincent Cragge. He redirected his attention to the woman who was setting her drink back down while licking her lips.

"Gambling what kind of gambling"

His face lit up with a smile as she asked, he ran the most popular gambling game in all of Detroit, perhaps he just found himself another gambler..

"Ahh, you know.. your average card game! Theres plenty of them around the city.. you just gotta know who to talk to!"

Draco paused as the man finally made it to the bar and sat down next to the woman and kissed her on the hand, he quietly stood back as the two talked for a few moments before subtly placing a menu down infront of the man so he could browse it while he stepped away for a moment to help another patron at the end of the bar before being beckoned back by Gomez.

"Certainly sir, coming right up!"

He side stepped to the drink dispenser and took a tall glass mug and began to fill it with various liquid, Milk, butter, beer... and a few other.. other wordly things.. that these mudbloods would have no idea what it is, when it was all done, he turned and set it down back on the bar infront of the man and waved his hand over it which then magically filled it with whipped cream to the top. He smiled as they both were in awe..

"One butterbeer, here we are.. if you need anything else.. don't be afraid to ask!"

Report Post Tip

Ron firmly believed that the only magic was the american bald eagle soaring majestically over the grand canyon.

Enough of this malarky sir!

Report Post Tip

One of the patrons sitting at the bar noticed Draco use some of his magic as he filled the remaining contents in the glass that sat infront of Gomez.. he chuckled and slowly trudged his way down to him and smiled as he crossed his arms.

"Excuse me? I'm not quite sure I heard you.. did you need a drink or something perhaps?"

The man repeated himself as he pointed to the beer and back to Draco, calling his magic 'malarky'

"I can assure you it is not malarky my good friend.. I went to school to learn such arts, but perhaps a muggle would not know of such. things.."

Report Post Tip

Juanita sashays in and strikes a pose

Looks like pappy paid the price for dissing the dark arts homes.

Report Post Tip

While Cragge and Goyle hauled what appeared to be a drunk Ron Swanson out of the building a interesting character entered and made a comment about the man being helped out of the building, almost claiming he was dead for insulting Draco, to whom which chuckled and shook his head at the.. woman? Man? ...

"The man is merely too far for intoxicated, he was not dead when he left here nor would I do such a thing to one of my paying customers... Although you talk of the dark arts, what do you know of it?"

Report Post Tip

Madhatter walked and walked, he didn’t know where to go. All these places where so nice, he didn’t want to go to a nice place. He needed something a bit more rough. At that moment he saw the place he walking towards. Draco’s Cauldron , a place named after a ugly black thing you wouldn’t want in your house. It was a strange place because from the inside of the place looked nice. Some people where sitting in the corner playing a card game. I seems that this was a place for the geeks of our time.

Our time, maybe it was there time but Madhatter was an old man. He remembered the time that there where just bars to drink you beer and watch girls. Now there where bars where you could play cards with your geek friends. Maybe he should join those guys, those geeks could well be as crazy as he was. They didn’t even notice the pretty girl that walked by.

Madhatter walked towards the bar and saw the menu, feathers, butter, potions, luck and blood. Strange drinks, but Madhatter ordered a Polyjuice Potion. He wasn’t scared to become someone else. He already had 10 voices in his hat, so I guess one more wouldn’t be a bad thing.

As he looked for the pretty girl he noticed that Juanita was talking to a man. That wasn’t the pretty girl he noticed before. This was the strangest girl he had ever seen, but it seemed that the man he/she was talking to was really into her or him, Madhatter was going to call him or her just it. He knew that wasn’t nice but it was the easiest way to do it. He had never talked to it so he didn’t know if it was female or not.

As he was drinking the potion he noticed his mind change. He was getting a bit more feminine he wanted to brew a love potion for Draco. Why would he want to brew a potion for Draco, or better yet he was Draco. Had he drugged him to do his work, why does he have to drug people to do his work.

Madhatter switched back to his own crazy mind. He placed the girl called Pansy Parkinson to the back of his mind. Strange girl and a good alter ego to get back when he needs to. Some inside information or just an opinion of a lady could be useful. This girl was already saying that he couldn’t call it, it . It was looking like a girl ,sort of, so it would want to be called a she.  

Report Post Tip

Venus had yet to visit the new establishments in Detroit and today is a good day to check out some of them. The first place she comes to is Draco's Cauldron.

The interior is simple but the names of the drinks sound like something out of a movie. Venus loves the vibes that the place gives her.

She takes a seat and orders their Unicorn Blood which really aroused her curiosity.

"Oh, I also heard there's some kind of special card game that this place offers. Could I get some details?"

Report Post Tip

The odd muggle that looked like a woman sat down but didn't mumble w thing further, Draco chuckled and shook his head before pulling the rag from his back pocket and wiping down the counter as his next patron walked in. He was a strange fellow and to no surprise he ordered the polyjuice potion..

"Wicked stuff, go easy on it.. you never know what your mind may turn you into.." Draco had an evil chuckle after he set the drink down.

The man shook his head and made some crazy statement about being The Madhatter? Or Madhatter ... No matter, he was in for a real shock. The doors opened again and it drew his attention, a woman walked elegantly in and up to the bar where Draco quickly wiped it clean. 

He made a point to the seat infront of him and gave off a slight smirk to the woman as she sat down and began browsing the menu.. 

"Welcome to Draco's Cauldron miss.. don't mind the man sitting next to you.. he's a bit distraught on the polyjuice potion.. I warned him about it the darn muggle."

Draco looked back and saw himself, he made a slight gasp before waving his hand at the man and mumbled Tergeo and the man returned to normal. He shook his head before reaching down into the cooler below the bar and pulled a large metal thermast that was chilled to keep the blood fresh.

He placed the glass down infront of vGoddess and listened as she inquired about the card game he ran here.. the blood filled to the top and Draco waved his hand over it as he held the woman's gaze, filling the glass with vodka and other fruit sweeteners and pushed it towards her as he replied to her question.

"Ah, so you wish to play a little wizards chess? Have you played before miss?"

Report Post Tip

Madhatter heard Draco say:

“Welcome to Draco's Cauldron miss.. don't mind the man sitting next to you.. he's a bit distraught on the polyjuice potion.. I warned him about it the darn muggle."

Madhatter  looked at the woman Draco seemed to really like. Draco’s white face was even getting red it seemed like he really liked the ladies. And he really was impressed by the one that walked into the bar and sat next to him.

He looked over to the person next to him and was in shock. It seemed this Draco was warning vGoddess for him. The man with the funny rabbit in his hat wasn’t good enough for Venus. It was time for Madhatter to step in .

“Hey Draco, could I have a Butterbeer. I think I don’t need any more of your old girlfriends stuck in my head.”

Then he turned over to Venus, his partner at the Mad Venus Candy Shop, the girl that was the first person to order rabbit ears at his hat shop.

“Hey Venus, what are you doing in this place? Still looking for great new ideas for our shop? Or are you looking for love. I noticed that Draco over here has a little crush on you.”

He looked over to Draco as he got his Butterbeer. It seemed like the redness of his face was even going into his red hair. Or was he actually one of those Weasley brothers while using Polyjuice potion himself.

“Maybe you should go and play a game of Wizards Chess with him. I think you would make his day, I’ll run his bar for him if someone else walks in I’ll serve that person”

As Madhatter said that he pulled a but of draco’s hair out of his head.

“Just in case people expect to see draco behind the counter I can change into him with a little sip of one of those drinks”

Report Post Tip

"I've only heard about it. Although I'm not much of a card games player, this sounds interesting. How do I play it?"

Venus then realised Madhatter was right next to her.

"Oh, Mr Hatter! Actually I'm here for some drink and to play this mysterious card game that this place is famous for."

She took a sip of the Unicorn Blood that was served to her. Just then, Madhatter tried to pull some of Draco's hair to wear as a wig. Venus grimaced at the thought of the pain. 

"I think this would be helpful at a time like this."

She handed Madhatter one of his candies that could transform him into someone else.

"I was carrying a pack of these to advertise them to people."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Draco's Cauldron
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL