Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 18:19:08
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Food songs Started by: RosaliaOrazia on Nov 03, '20 00:18

LOL I remember a song my mother used to play.  It was  Buttered Popcorn by The Supremes.

When she would play the album I always laugh how they were singing about how their baby loves buttered popcorn.  I don't think it was a hit, just a song to fill their album I guess.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Blessed are the peacemakers chastening the spirit of the greed-takers
creating a consecrated belief out of an anointed belief
that we breathe, we feel, we eat of the same flesh body and blood, we breaking our daily bread in pieces
we feeding the movement of the multitude Hardt & Negri, we nourishing an attitude of gratitude
satiating our hunger with some real soul food

Leaders RMX (Official Music Video) - L-FRESH The LION, Luka Lesson & Farid Farid

Report Post Tip

Some one already beat me to the Weird Al songs (Lasagna, I love Rocky Road, and Eat it, etc.) So that made it tougher to come up with some. If alcohol counts, then the classic "There's a Tear in My Beer" by Hank Williams fits easy (as do way too many old school country and western songs. See Cigarettes, Whiskey, and Wild Wild Women for example). As for actual food, you can't go wrong with Jimmy Buffet "Cheeseburger in Paradise" (food and beer  in that one). And of course, the nonsensical "fried chicken" at the end of "One Vision" by Queen. The list just goes on... :) 

Beverages count any mention of food or beverage.  Just not commercial jingles have to be a song is all. :) 

Report Post Tip
Weird Al had a whole Food Album I had as a kid. So many good ones, but I’m partial to “The White Stuff” (about Oreos.)

McDonald's McDonald's Kentucky fried chicken and a pizza hut.

I think that's pretty much the o my so g about food that I know, it's a good song and I do love all of the above 

Report Post Tip

There's actually a french song called j'aime bien le biftek, which is like a minute long song you would sing in class which goes something like:

Bifteck, bifteck

j'aime bien, j'aime bien (repeat)

j'aime bien le bifteck (repeat)

{repeat first two lines..with repeats}

les carrots les pommes de terre (repeat)

la salad et le desert (repeat)

les carrots les pommes de terre (repeat)

la salad et le fromage (repeat)

Cardi B’s WAP

“ I said, certified freak
Seven days a week
Wings and Pizza....”

I am getting hungry now.

There are a lot of songs listed here that I have heard being the age of the song but I really didn't have a favorite one, I kinda liked Lime in the Coconut and I can't remember who made it.

There was a pop-punk band back in the 90's called Supernova. They had a good song called Oreo and the album Ages 3 and Up. Pretty catchy little tune and I think that counts as food??

I work with special needs kids and we listen to this song every day at lunch time. Be warned though if you listen to this song it gets stuck in your head lol

https://youtu.be/SY1VL-Jhn90

Trapped in the Drive Thru by Weird Al, it's not EXACTLY a food song, but it does have a lot to do with a very specific event going to GET a burger.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

Savory Truffle: The Beatles

Creme tangerine and montelimar
A ginger sling with a pineapple heart
A coffee dessert, yes you know it's good news
But you'll have to have them all pulled out
After the Savoy truffle

With the recent passing of Eddie Van Halen, I've been hearing Ice Cream Man a lot....

I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by, oh, my, my
I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by
See now all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy

Mayonnaise by the smashing pumpkins 

I know its only a condiment but its super tasty and super versatile 

Grinspoon - Hard Act To Follow

You're hooked on coke and hoochies
I want my milk and cookies.

Report Post Tip

Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson. There is not much in the songtext itself about the pancakes, only one part of it:

Maybe we could sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like its the weekend now

Sounds to me like a plan :)

Was a song kids sang in my youth. Was about how awful the school dinners were. You would just switch around the school name.

The school of Colgrain

The Food was mighty fine

The chip fell off the table and broke a toe of mine

Oh I don't like this school of mine

Teacher, I want to go home!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Heavy Metal Kibbles by Nanowar

Kind of about some special cat food that some people ate, that worked kind like a drug, and made them more feline and animalistic.

Usually when I think of Thanksgiving and food songs, I'm reminded of a Brock Baker Dub of Thanksgiving by Nicole Westbrook. It's uh... pretty funny.

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Food songs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL