Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 06:57:55
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Panda time Started by: Huxley on Jun 04, '11 02:36

Huxley grabs the megaphone

"If that reflects badly upon me as a crewleader, so be it" Phreaking-Panda

Ladies and gentleman,

This quote is a great example of someone who quite clearly has no respect for the position that he is in. 

As a low ranking crew member, you are taught that your actions have consequences not just for yourself but for your family. You are expected to conduct yourself in a certain way. 

As a high ranking crew member, one who is made, it is expected that this basic principle needs no further explanation. 

As a crew leader, this goes without saying, this is what you should be telling your members.  Perception is everything. Hard earned reputations can crumble far too easily. 

Panda, you should know what it means to have the honor of being chosen to lead a family. Your quote says it all. 

Respect is earned not given. People seem to quick to forget that.

Your actions this afternoon have shown what you are truly worthy of. 

Puts the megaphone down, and takes a seat. 

Report Post Tip

To simply take a quote out of context and apply your own meaning to it is not really helping any point you are attempting to make whatsoever. 

Honeslty, we all understand.  You are outraged and angry that your father met his demise and now you, fresh off the boat wish to express every level of frustration he was silent on for so long, but really enough is enough. 

To take a reference in a speech that deals with member whoring and flip his comment to apply to anything in a broad sense is nonsense.

Report Post Tip

Janus, I am not angry or outraged about the death of my father. That is not what motivates me. 

What motivates me is people like Phreaking-Panda who feels that he has earned the right to bully people and tell them what they can and cannot say in a public forum.

Someone who resorts to running his mouth in an abusive and aggressive manner without any consideration for anyone else, particularly his own family and those higher up than him who he represents.  

Report Post Tip

And one more thing Janus, I have quoted a statement, which put in to any context is a tragic opinion to take, especially for someone in Phreaking-Panda's position. 

As a crew leader, you are expected to hold yourself out with a little more dignity and composure. 

Report Post Tip

"This is where I correct you."

Simplicity kindly smiled at the man before her.

"Respect is given to someone who has earned it whether you think they have or not. Panda has obviously earned his right to be a family lead and you, sir, have to respect that. The mafia is not a democracy. You do as your told and deal with it. Granted, our new leaders try to offer this in a way. They try to be nice and caring, but in the end you listen to those above you. If you cannot understand and respect that I think that this world isn't for you."

"Another thing. I like how you only take a part of a quote and don't add in everything he said. You just take things and let them reflect poorly on yourself."

Then pointing to the door, Simplicity smiled once again.

"The door is that way. Start walking if you can't learn our ways of life."

Report Post Tip

Simplicity, I am not in a crew, I am not working my way up in this world. We are all entitled to our own character and to develop it how we want. If mine does not last much longer than so be it.  

Just because Panda has a "crew leader" badge does not give him an automatic right to respect, it just gets his name in bold. 

I stress again, that as a crew leader, there is an expectation of him to behave in a certain way. He has failed to do so. 

Resorting to name calling, threats and abuse is not what is expected from someone in his position. 

Report Post Tip

And to add, Simplicity. Too many people in this world remain silent. 

Report Post Tip

"I speak the way I wish to speak and if you can't handle that, it's your problem. If that reflects badly upon me as a crewleader, so be it. At least I have a voice. At least I feel some of our customs need to be upheld and not pushed aside by young punks that believe they can take cheap shots at Crewleaders."

I believe that the listeners should hear the whole quote instead of just the part you have put forth that slanders my name.

Panda wanders off to his HQ.

Report Post Tip

Frowns deeply at what Huxley is saying and wanders if the guy is having a heat stroke or losing his sanity very fast.

First off you don't need a megaphone, you already have a foul mouth to begin with we don't need the streets to be polluted by your words. You are saying that because he is a crewleader that he didn't earn the respect of the people here in Chicago? He already earn that respect when he is Authed by the Godfather...else you are suggesting that the Godfather that authed him thinks it otherwise.

As I qoute " Your actions this afternoon have shown what you are truly worthy of. " Yes he did he defended himself and the other crewleaders out there.

Report Post Tip

Well, since your so fond of quoting Huxley..

"Just because Panda has a "crew leader" badge does not give him an automatic right to respect, it just gets his name in bold. 

I stress again, that as a crew leader, there is an expectation of him to behave in a certain way. He has failed to do so."

You do realise, the reason so much onus is placed on these leaders is because they are in a position of power and respect? But yet you wish to have them held in high esteem and carry themselves differently, without respecting them? Major fail on your part there. You can't have it both ways, kid.

Grow up, either join the mafia and change how things are run, or quit complaining about how leaders do things. Like you said yourself, you have no intention to rise up in this thing of ours, so why should anyone give you the time of day? Your nothing to us. Now run along with Brutus.

Report Post Tip

my respect for Panda has increased due to the stance he took in your discussion...that is all

Report Post Tip

El_Nino walks from the local bar with a pint of bitter and passes it to Huxley

Here you go youth, that will go down well with the chip on your shoulder.

I have a lot of time for PP and his family.

I do like your quoting technique though. Let me try.

This quote is a great example of someone who quite clearly has respect for the position that he is in.

My respect for PP is from the actions I have witnessed, the respect my Godfather Roman has for him is shown in that he has chosen to Auth him in the city of Chicago. To date the only thing I could question him on is the big gay bear he has as his left hand man, but that is just me picking fault.

Report Post Tip

Just the fact that some young gangster would come out and call out a crew leader in public and try to preach to us on how a crew leader should conduct him or herself is enough enough proof that this is someone who's modus operandi is not one that will lead to any kind of success in this thing of ours. Why should anyone care about Huxley or his opinion? Has he been a better man that has done his best to succeed where he feels Panda has failed? Has been an example by which others can by judged? No. All he has done is shot his mouth off since he father was killed in a war. The only thing he's shown us is how to get killed as soon as the -48 stigma wears off. In the end this conversation, as will the others, will float away eventually having made no impact and Huxley will be a forgotten name in the obits. Congratulations on that achievement.

Report Post Tip

You know something, I'm rather confused. In a number of speeches and responses you have made you have referred to your "Right to Freedom of Speech". Just where do you think you are? Sure, you may live and operate in The United States of America who's First Amendment grants that right, but, sir, you also are operating in the shadier side of society. The side where the only rights you have are those given to you by someone strong enough to protect your right to have them, like a Crew Leader.

Sure, you have the ability to say anything you want in the streets. No one can deny that, obviously. But people here also have the ability to shoot you if they don't like what you say. Don't like it? Find someone who is willing to protect your right to speak. It shouldn't be too hard to find a Leader that you haven't insulted...

Report Post Tip

Phreaking-Panda claims to be the enforcer and the supreme power on the streets. He seeks to do this by running his mouth, petty name calling and making threats. 

A crew leaders behaviour and actions in public are a good representation of the crew he runs. He had no reason to become invovled yesterday but he chose to out of arrogance. 

Having your name in bold is not an automatic right to respect. 

Report Post Tip

Huxley your half assed attempt at trying to smear Pandas name and reputation with some cut and chop quote has showed yourself up as another idiot that hides behind a low ranked life that can be thrown away so easily in our world. What you need to learn when you grow up one day kid is that for Panda to address his family over any concerns he has shows the complete oposite of what you were trying to achieve here. It shows that he does he does not take hes position for granted in any way and respects hes familys opinion on issues, for Panda to be open to his familys feedback shows he is willing to hear advice and values input. I am sure I am not on my own in saying that shows he is a great leader who is and will continue to do great things for Chicago.

If I were a petty child I would find your city and pick your dummy up and use it to end your life for bad mouthing my leader which in turn is bad mouthing my city, but what would be the point you know yourself from your birth that you wanted to cause a reaction which in turn would end your life. So why give you what you want aye?

You have achieved something Huxley showing how narrow minded and stupid you are and for that I thank you.

Report Post Tip

I did not once claim to be an enforcer of the streets young man. And, as for not being in a position to join the sad excuse for a discussion you had put forth, I am a crewleader and had every right to join in. I felt that my fellow crewleaders were under attack and felt the need to step forth and defend them. If you do not understand that we crewleaders stick by each other's side, then perhaps you don't understand the ways of our life. As for me running my mouth, I will admit that the way I worded things were harsh, but what you put forth is what you get, Huxley. If you don't like being treated badly, behave properly.

Report Post Tip

Crew leaders stick by each others sides? What kind of garbage are you spouting now? Do not be fooled Panda, you are a soldier just like everyone else. You follow orders just like anyone else. If Roman says jump, you respond with how high. 

As I have already told you. Having your name in bold is not an automatic right to respect. Being a sheep is not an automatic right to respect. Respect is earned, not given. And last time I checked, you have done nothing worthy of any respect. 

Typical arrogant crew leader, thinking he is more important than he actually is. 

Report Post Tip

You are under no obligation to run to another city's rescue. Your concern should be for Chicago. At no point has Chicago been mentioned in anything and at no point has New York been mentioned in anything. So why you felt the need to run in to the streets without any consideration for what reputation (or what little reputation you had) is beyond me. 

Rather than act as a family head should do, you allowed yourself to become so bogged down in defending the honor (what honor in member whoring I ask you) that you did not even realize how arrogant and ignorant you were coming across. 

Report Post Tip

I am a soldier for Roman, because I respect Roman. I would do anything for Roman, out of respect and admiration for what he has done. Does that make me a sheep? Perhaps. However, I am proud to be so. If you've not noticed that crewleaders stick together when times are tough, then you are truly blind. Also, as many have stated to you, being bold DOES entitle respect. As for you, young man, I couldn't care less if you respect me. In fact, I don't want you to. For, if I was respected by you, it would be for doing exactly what you want me to do, which would be backing down and allowing you to continue to romp around our streets. I may not be under any obligation to defend the other crewleaders, or our streets, but I wish to and that reason alone is enough to do so.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Panda time
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL