Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 07:32:59
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Joyner's Started by: JoynerLucas on Jan 24, '21 16:35

Looking at the selection of nuts she smiled at JoynerLucas " Can I have a bowl of mixed nuts please? Oh and a  glass of Port would be lovely too.. something different"

Velvet smiled at  ShaynaAmherst " That looks like a really nice drop of whiskey, Sorry I overheard you were looking at doing a spot of shopping, mind if I tag along after a couple drinks?"  popping a cashew into her mouth she looked back over at Joyner ' How's Business treating you?"

Report Post Tip

Tammy bursted through the door of the new place

Quick! she yelled at JoynerLucas

I saw the sign and I am throwing a birthday party for Takkar and I have to little attendees.. This place is called Joiner's, right? I saw it from the outside.. So yes.. I need some more people to join the party!

As she waited for a reply, she realized she had no idea of when Takkar was having his birthday any time soon..

Report Post Tip

JoynerLucas left LA in such haste, Velvet thought she'd stop in to Detroit yo check  on him, pushing the door open  glancing around the bar, she see's Joyner with his brow furrowed, flicking through some papers. 

closing the door quietly she approaches the young man

"Hey dear, you ok? You left like there was a fire earlier in LA"

Report Post Tip

Joyner was cleaning up the place when his friend Velvet arrived. She followed from Los Angeles, where they were having a drink and thinking about dinner.

"Hello sweety, Yes. I am ok. Sorry about earlier, some family business had to be handled here in Detroit."

Joyner smiled and winked.

"Would you like a drink?

Report Post Tip

Glancing around at the tidy bar, all seemed in order. She slid herself onto a stool by the bar

"Hope it's all sorted... if you ever need back up just drag me along next time  aye?... I'd love a drink, Whiskey  neat please"

smiling warmly  as she stacked the coasters  neatly on the bar beside her 

Report Post Tip

Joyner grabs a cup and adds some ice to the cup. He bends over to grab the whiskey bottle and he opens it. Joyner slowly pours the whiskey over the ice and then he adds a small black straw to the drink. He slides the cup over to Velvet.

"Here you go doll. Have at it. There is more where that came from!"

Joyner smiled again and winked.

Report Post Tip

Taking a sip of the whiskey, coating her mouth, she nodded pleased with the taste.

"Where's the brewery of this whiskey hun... it's got a nice Smokey flavour to it"

Taking another sip, her mother taught her you always try a drink twice to adjust your palate to it's flavours

" May need to order this fine drop for the lounge in Philly, Where'd you say you were looking to expand to again hun?"

Leaning back slightly removing her jacket feeling the warmth from the whiskey wash over her, she pulled out the contract she managed to get from the Business owner of the speakeasy over in LA

"Have a gander at that JoynerLucas lemmie know your thoughts on the price and conditions"

Report Post Tip

Foamy walks down teh business district and sees another enterprise that seems to have been operating without a license, city rules are after all, city rules.

'Hey Joyner, give me a shout to see how we can work together to sort this situation out'

Report Post Tip

Joyner looked at Foamy with a confused look on his face. He looked around then back at Foamy.

"I am sorry sir, I thought when I purchased this business that it came with a license. What do I need to do to rectify this? I want no problems with you or the city of Detroit."

Joyner extended his hand to shake Foamy's

Report Post Tip

Foamy shakes his head and shakes JoynerLucas hand

'I meant to give you this as a gift for your new family, may you prosper and I hope you have success here in the motor city with your enterprise'

Foamy hands over the business license and pours a couple of glasses of scotch

Report Post Tip

Joyner smiles and shakes Foamy's hand.

"Wow! Thank you sir. You are so kind. You are a great man. I will speak to my friend, Godfather NathanExplosion and praise you!"

Joyner grabs a drink for himself then offers one to Foamy.

"You can have anything on the menu for free. What would you like?"

Report Post Tip

Saanvi had celebrated the start of his family together with JoynerLucas. Of course, they had drunk a little too much. Saanvi's whiskey supply had gone down a bit. 

It doesn't matter, I'll let the new recruits take care of it. I must say that they are getting smarter every day. I only get half full bottles back. They have already drunk the rest. Bastards.

A little half-drunk, JoynerLucas had told her that he had opened a bar in Detroit. He had set it up with his friend _Issei_. Now Saanvi was very curious by nature and decided to look for the bar when she was back in Detroit.

She got a tip from Joe Melizzano that there was a dealer in Detroit paying high prices for Coke. Saanvi decided to travel to Detroit. After all the expenses of the last time, she could use a little profit.

She decided to meet this dealer in Joyner's, the bar that JoynerLucas had opened in Detroit. That way she could visit his bar at the same time.
When she arrived at the bar, Saanvi looked at the outside and she liked what she saw.  It was exactly the way she expected JoynerLucas to decorate it. Some screaming colours, but they all seemed to fit together perfectly. Yes, really beautiful.
She opened the door and went inside. Because it was cold outside, it was nice that a warm air came to meet her.

It was still early, so there was probably no one inside.

"JoynerLucas are you here?"

She saw someone moving at the end of the room and she walked towards him. 

"Hello JoynerLucas, good to see you here. I have an appointment with a gentleman who has made me an good offer. I hope you don't mind that I have planned this appointment here. I'm not very well known in Detroit and you told me the other day that you had a bar here".

"Of course that's fine. I suggest you sit here in the back and as soon as your appointment arrives, I'll bring him to you".

So said, so done. Saanvi sat down at a small table.

"Thank you JoynerLucas. Give me a whiskey and if you have today's paper. My appointment is coming up in half an hour".

Report Post Tip

Avoiding her responsibilities and feeling rather melancholy she made her way down the streets of Detroit looking for something to spark her interest. She saw Joyner's place, the sign lighting up the street in front of it and she figured what the hell, she already insulted the man earlier, surely he would want to spend even more time with her. She pushed open the door and nearly tripped over her own stupid shoes, the lip of the door sticking up a few centimeters. "Curse you, Fashion!" she said with a growl as she righted herself and slowly made the ever so dainty steps into the place. "Being a woman is the tits." she said as she took a seat, tossing her useless purse that could fit four pennies and a dime into it, onto the counter. "But in the bad way," she explained, "although..." she looked down and smirked before shaking her head, "nah, definitely just in the bad way." 

Report Post Tip

Joyner laughed as Godmother Saanvi scheduled a meeting at his place. Most would be upset but Joyner took this as a compliment. A compliment because she felt that Joyner's place was perfect for this meeting. You don't want to just meet anywhere right? Or he may have been overthinking it.

"Sure Godmother, You are more than welcome! I hope it isn't too loud in here."

Just as he got those words off his tongue, Jen walked in. At first, Joyner looked away and sighed because of the conversation they had earlier. However, half of the problem was she caught him at the wrong time. This time, he had cleared his mind a little and was willing for playful banter.

"Good evening @Jen-nifah! How are you? Glad to see you are here."

Report Post Tip

As she entered the building a group of strange men were lugging a small woman out. She stood to the side and held the door open so they could pass, "Damn shame," she said looking at the corpse. "Quite the beauty, that one." she crossed herself quickly and stepped into the bar. "Do people often off themselves in this establishment?" she asked as she made her way to the bar, "Because I would hate for a sudden urge to come over me," she added as she took a seat and crossed her legs. "But perhaps your drinks are that bad."

Report Post Tip

King Solomon landed in Detroit to scope the scenery. He noticed Joyner's and felt like it was a good place to grab a drink. Entering the establishment, Solomon saw many other people enjoying themselves as he took a seat at the bar. 

"Glass of wine please!"

Report Post Tip

Joyner looked around as Jen just up and vanished after he made the joke of calling her Jennifah. He shook his head as to think he was possibly dreaming but this was no dream. Just as he shook his head he noticed two people walk into the establishment. One looked like a young lady who was new to this thing of ours and the other was a Vegas Don by the name of King_Solomon.

"Good day to the both of you. Frances, here is a menu in case you want to order any food or drinks. And King_Solomon, What brings you around these parts of town? Far flight from your homecity."

Report Post Tip

King Solomon takes a few sips of his wine and notices JoynerLucas approaching him.

"How's it going? Yeah it's quite a trip from Las Vegas. I just haven't touched down in Detroit in quite some time. Felt it was time to come back and handle some business."

Report Post Tip

Taking the menu from his outstretched hand she nodded her head in thanks. He had already moved onto conversation with someone who looked a bit more important than her, so she kept her mouth shut for once. She tapped her toe in time to the music playing in her head as her eyes moved over the list of food. Once there was a natural pause in the conversation she met the owner's eyes and asked, "Feeling a bit peckish, what would you suggest?" before closing the menu and placing it on the bartop, leaning against it. 

Report Post Tip

Dino happened across Joyners and his growling stomach persuaded him to pop in and see what's what.  On seeing Frances, Dino went straight over, not wanting any awkwardness

'look, i promise i'm not stalking you, but i really need an answer on the whole room mate thing, also, anything good on the menu?'

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Joyner's
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL