Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:34:17
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Joyner's Started by: JoynerLucas on Jan 24, '21 16:35

A few days had passed and Frankie found herself back in Detroit, which wasn't her favorite place to be, but it was better than other places. She frowned as she looked around the streets of the city, devoid of people and no longer bustling. It was strange what a week could change for people. She pushed open the door and headed straight to the Piano, she didn't bother calling out for him, he'd come out when he was ready. 

Taking a seat at the bench she pulled her winter clothes off and tossed them on the floor next to her and kicked off her shoes, wiggling her feet to stretch them out from the confines of the heels she had forced them into. Placing her feet on the first and second pedal she cracked her knuckles and then spread her fingers out on the keys. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes and started playing a soft and slow melody. 

Report Post Tip
As the dude walks through the streets of detroit he sees Joyner's, it looks like a good place so he decides to enter.
He pushes open the door and heads inside and heads to the bar.

"Nice place you've got here reminds me of this lovely place in Chicago.... anyway White Russian if you he so kind"
Report Post Tip

Evil sat propping up the bar. He liked bars, or bars liked him, or more importantly he liked to drink. Since his 9th birthday he couldn't remember a time that he wasn't drunk, mind you, since his 9th birthday there wasn't a lot he could remember. Sometimes he just thought he was mad, too unstable, Kicking in chairs and knocking down tables, sometimes in a restaurant in a West End town and then they'd call the police, "there's a mad man around." He had a reason to drink, there was always a reason, but this time dammit he had a real reason. Vargas had set him up, made him do what he did, and he had been shot for it. His career in tatters, and no doubt a warrant out for his arrest he had gone on the run, and now he was nothing better than a common thug, if he could even call himself that.

And so he drank. Not the good stuff, the cheap, rot gut shit that they served in dive bars across the country, where a million guys just like him drank to forget, drank to get away, drank because there was nothing else to do than eat a bullet or get so shitfaced that you couldn't even hold the gun straight.

Report Post Tip

She had found herself in Detroit again, and wondered if her friend was around. It had been a while since she had seen him, he'd been so busy with his new role lately. She entered the bar and said hello to the staff, who were quick to bring her a whiskey sour to the piano. She smiled at them, grateful for their service before she took a sip of her drink and sat down at the piano. She wasn't paid to play here, but it was the only Piano she knew of in town, and after her strange and awful introduction to Gunther, the godfather of the city, she needed to relax and clear her head. And there was no better way for her to do that, other than through music. She poured her feelings into the music, moving from one tempo to another, a whirlwind of notes and emotions. She sat there playing, with no one listening but those staffing the building. 

Report Post Tip
The dude picks himself up from the bar after finishing several white Russians and looks around slightly blurry eyed.

"Jesus, I thought I left this place already!"

He takes a smoke out of his pocket before blinking a few times

"Thanks barkeep my man"

The dude lights up and gets of his stool, he tosses several notes onto the counter before slowly walking to the door, pushing it open then leaving.
Report Post Tip

As the man left she finally let her fingers leave the keys of the piano and let out a groan as she stretched. "What time is it?" She asked one of the staff as she twisted her body to get the blood moving. Once done she stood and headed to the bar to cash out on the few drinks she had during her time here, "Thanks for the Piano rental." She told the staff with a grin and wink before heading out the door to catch her flight home. 

Report Post Tip

Thomas Crown was in Detroit on a business trip. He had spent the better part of his morning running around and taking care of some business matters. Part of that business matter also, included setting a young thug straight. Thomas hated that aspect of the job. He knew it was necessary, but at the same time he hated bleeding a young thug dry. Sometimes the mistakes were too great to let them walk. Sometimes examples had to be set. Thomas took no real pleasure in this. However, business was business. 

So as his car drove back to his friends place. He spotted a bar. He had heard about this bar, that Joyner was running. He had the driver pull over. Thomas got out the car. And went inside for a drink. After these kinda days. He always needed a bit to unwind. Thomas opened the door and walked into this bar. In there he saw some familiar faces, as he shook hands with Ravina, Kousei and Gunther. He walked up to the counter and asked the bar tender for his drink and then went and sat next to Frances and the rest. 

So hows, yall doing? Hows everyones day going? Someone trying to get plastered with me? Where is that guy? Joyner anyways? 

Thomas kicked back as he started to get ready to drink his night away. 

Report Post Tip

She found herself back in Detroit with some time to kill. And rather than go and meet people, or whatever it was people did these days she came here, to play the Piano and drink quietly by herself. She was getting more and more isolated, and she didn't enjoy the way her brain was allowing it, but at the same time she didn't mind having the time to clear her head away from the noise and demands of Philly. 

She idly played a song with one hand, while taking a sip of her drink with the other. Once the glass was nearly empty, she put it down and started to properly play, something upbeat and light that didn't match her mood, but she was hoping it would soon. 

Report Post Tip

The young Francesco was in Detroit only for the second time in his life. Since he started working with Race Street and met new and influential people, he also started making contacts around the country. In a constant attempt to set up a profitable business and get noticed by his superiors, Francesco was in Detroit for one of those meetings.

He arrived a day before the meeting, and, after a few questions, found that Joyner's was the hot spot for those with a thirsty throat. Francesco drank little, and never on important work days, but he allowed himself to go to the place.

Francesco entered and went straight to the bar. Someone was playing a beautiful melody on the piano but he didn’t pay much attention.

"A whiskey on the rocks, please" he ordered.

Report Post Tip

With the song coming to an end she grabbed her tumbler and stood up to head to the bar. The place was usually dead so she was a bit startled to see a person at the bar. She looked the man over and felt a smile come over her face before holding up one finger to her lips and winking at the bartender as she snuck up behind the man. "Ah the Second Frankie!" she said excitedly before wrapping an arm around his neck and mussing up his hair a bit. "Shame little brother," she told him before tweaking his nose and taking a seat, "Shoulda double checked who was around to torment you." She laughed and nodded to the bartender, "My tab please." she said gesturing to the other man and her own glass. 

Report Post Tip
Startled, Francesco turned to find his dear Frances. He hugged her affectionately.

"Oh my God, Frankie. I should indeed have checked, wasn't expecting to find anyone here! It's so good to see you! You certainly will have a drink or two with me, right?" 

Report Post Tip

Thomas Crown had just finished his long day running around and making sure his shipment from the West coast was on point. After that he had to run to his Firearm shop to get some stuff sorted there as well. By the time he was done, checking up on his businesses in the city and getting his meetings out the way. His day was already gone. But it had been a long day. So needless to say, Thomas was ready to unwind a little. JoynerLucas place was quickly becoming one of his favorite watering holes in the city. So without thinking much about it. Thomas got in his car and had the driver pull up to Joyners. Thomas jumped out the car, with a little bounce in his step and walked into the establishment to see a few familiar faces. He saw Frances was in prime shape at the bar holding up a tumbler. 

Hey there sweetheart? How's it going? 

Thomas takes the empty cup from Frances and puts it on the bar. 

Refill? What are you having? 

Thomas orders a scotch with the bartender and looks over at Frances. 

And you miss? 

Thomas smiles as she places her order. 

Its good too see you in Detroit Frances. What brings you to the city today? 

As Thomas struck up a conversation with Frances, she introduced him to her friend Frankie. 

Why, nice to meet you sir. 

Thomas greeted Frankie with a handshake and offered the pair a cigar. 

Seems, like you guys are having a ball here. I think I am going to join the festivities. 

Thomas leaned back as they got back to their escapades. 

Report Post Tip

She shook her head, "No no, He's Frank and I'm Frankie" she said gesturing first at the man and then herself. "I'm older than him, so I got the cooler nick name." she explained before the bartender placed her drink down. "Thank you for this by the way." She told Thomas with a smile, and tipped her glass in his direction. They caught up a bit, filling him in on the job at the club, and how she came here to play piano in her free time. When he said his goodbyes she gave him a quick hug, "I should try to get here more often, really." She told him before waving bye. 

She turned to Frank and looked at his glass, "Are you ready for this?" She asked, referring to the job Jack asked them to do. 

Report Post Tip

Dino hadn't been back to the motor city for quite a while so was pleased to see his aquaintance Frances at the watering hole

'Frankie, hows things?  it's been a while, want to get white girl wasted?'

Report Post Tip

A few days had passed and Dino magically appeared, because time was wibbly wobblely and that was fine. "Boy, do I!" she said as she motioned for the bartender to come over, "Bottles, of..." she peered at the array, "Whatever will fuck us up, really." she finally said with a nod, "And I spoke to JoynerLucas and he said everything was on the house." she winked at Dino, because the best drink was a free one. 

Report Post Tip

'wow, JoynerLucas is seriously jealous, do they know how many zombies you can drink in one session?  I mean, it's fucking scarey, also, you forgot this when you left this morning'

Dino hands Frankie a tiara and wand

Report Post Tip

"Oh!" she exclaimed before removing her lovely jaunty hat and placing the tiara over her dark locks, "Well now it absolutely feels like a proper Tuesday!" she waved the wand, "Abra..." and magically the bartender brought over a bottle of Whiskey and 2 glasses, "Wow, I'm super good at magic." she said suspicious of the timing, looking at the wand. 

Report Post Tip

Dino was impressed, a bottle arrived before the 'cadabra' had been uttered, it truly was going to be a good day.

Frances, you know it's my birthday this weekend? how about we play some poker and sing some songs?

Report Post Tip

Thomas Crown was in Detroit on business. After attending a few funerals and paying his respects to the fallen GodFathers of Detroit. He made his way to a local bar that was owned by a old friend from Chicago. JoynerLucas place was always one of Thomas's favorite places to visit on his trips. As Crowns car pulled up to Joyners. Thomas fixed his suit jacket and tie. Opened his car door and made his way into the bar, as one of his guards held the door open for him. As Thomas walked in, he saw some familiar faces in the crowd. First of which was Dino. He saw that Dino at the bar getting rowdy. Thomas, couldn't resist. He took off his hat and walked in his direction and sneaked up behind him. As he loudly exclaimed!!!

BOOO! 

Dino turned around looking not so amused. As he was trying to start some trouble with Frances sitting next to him. 

How are you lad? Hows everything going for you? How have you been? 

Thomas gave Dino a firm handshake as he took a seat next to him. 

So I see your trying to get into some ruckus over here. Whats happening? 

As Thomas was just finishing his sentence. The bar tender walked over to Dino with a bottle. 

Oh! So thats the kinda night we going for tonight? 

Thomas laughed. As he placed his own order with the bar tender. 

So Birthday weekend. How you planning on celebrating it? I guess, Im going to be joining the festivities. 

Report Post Tip

McCreary entered and approached the bar. As he took his seat, he ordered whiskey on the rocks.

There was a faint scent of alcohol on his breath from his early drinking though the buzz was long gone.

Just enough to get him through work and tonight is to forget the past.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Joyner's
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL