Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 05:48:29
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
How to recruit?? Started by: Huxley on Jun 04, '11 20:05

Ladies and gentleman, 

I have been a strong advocate lately of where member whoring belongs and what I think of the crew leaders and City heads who turn a blind eye to it and plead ignorance. 

This is how a made member of Detroit goes about his business:

To: Clone1
Subject: 

hey how are you?are you looking for a family

To: Scottie
Subject: 

hey how are you are you looking for a family or maybe you need some help with the game

To: Leadface
Subject:

hey ho ar things?do you need any help or maybe you are looking for a family

Is this acceptable for a made member to behave? Is it acceptable for a crew leader to endorse this behavior? Who should be held accountable?

Report Post Tip

Terry Sighs

Here we go again...

He pulls up a seat in anticipation to see another discussion about member whoring

Report Post Tip

It is very acceptable, if a crewleader wishes for his members to recruit in that way. As it has been stated several times in the past couple days, it's not about how you get members, it's about what you do with those members after they've joined your family. If a crewleader tells their family members it is okay to recruit new players and the Godfather is okay with that, then it's fine and I don't see a problem with it.

Report Post Tip

Panda, nice to see you looking as well as ever. 

This is not how you go about recruiting, this is damn lazy and inexcusable. 

How hard is to put some thought in to it, rather than sending out 1 sentence garbage? 

Report Post Tip

Well, surely, if someone send you a 1 line introduction, and you dont like that, just ignore it?

Terry shruggs

well, thats what i do, rather than coming to the streets and moning

Report Post Tip

Want to know what got me into the morningwood elite? "A fine choice of a city!" or something along the lines of that. Was it an attempt to whore me? Yes. Did I realize that? Yes. Did I accept the whoring? No. I went on to learn about the family and have grown into a crewleader. Just because new members of our society are sent whoring messages does not mean it is bad, as several people have already said to you. If someone wishes to put forth more effort into their approach, then they can. If they don't wish to, they don't need to and it's not your place to attempt to force them to do so.

Report Post Tip

New members sending out whoring messages? Is a Capo a new member? 

A made member of a family acting like this, especially when his crew leader has already expressed how shocked and disappointed she is ..... I call that ignorance. 

Report Post Tip

If you cannot control your members, then do not have such a big family. Simple. 

Report Post Tip

If you would listen carefully, I said, and I quote, "Just because new members of our society are sent whoring messages does not mean it is bad, as several people have already said to you." Did I state in the sentence anywhere that new members are sending out whoring messages or imply that Made Men and Capo are new members? I don't believe I did.

Report Post Tip

Panda, what is your personal viewpoint on member whoring? Do you allow it? 

Report Post Tip

Huxley if all city leaders are ok with that then i dont see why are you bothering to change something when you arent in that position.

Report Post Tip

Not all city leaders are ok with it. And there are those that publicly disagree with it, but yet let it go on openly in private and later play ignorant. 

Report Post Tip

Funny how the world seems to be okay with this sort of behavior all of a sudden.

Whoring, to a certain extent, is expected. Repeatedly sending the same garbage to new folks and your CL not giving a shit at your piss-poor effort? That's the problem. Train your sponsors, show them examples of proper recruiting, and revoke their sponsorship abilities when they make you and your crew look like a bunch of potatoe-heads. 

Report Post Tip

"Panda, what is your personal viewpoint on member whoring? Do you allow it?"

You have asked me this question at least twice now, both times I have told you my viewpoint. BOTH times, you have went from this to belittling me. The city leaders are Godfathers and have any of them told you they do not agree with member whoring? If I'm not mistaken, RoRoG told you to get your head out of your ass and leave him alone when you brought it to his attention.

Report Post Tip

But Clone1, that would require those in bold to actually have to do something .... why would they want to do that? Much easier to let the HQ walls grow stagnant (apart from the drug prices thread) then spend time teaching a member how to recruit properly. 

Report Post Tip

Panda, Chicago does not agree with member whoring. So why are you defending it? 

Report Post Tip

out of all this, me, personally, doesn't count those two statements as whoring.

Now, if they said "i got 50k for you if you join"

thats whoring.

Report Post Tip

"Whoring is one thing and one thing only sending unrequested invites to join a family without first mailing you." -El_Nino.

Report Post Tip

ahh ok, our views differ then!

apologies great one.

Report Post Tip

We should do a poll, don't you think?  Really see where we are in this community when it comes to member whoring.  Or recruiting.  Or whatever you want to call it. 

I'm opposed.  I'm not necessarily opposed to having a conversation with somebody when they arrive.  In fact, I think it's beneficial to have that conversation.  If that assistance leads to a request to join my family ,so be it.  I don't think that's member whoring.  I am opposed to unsolicited invites, and unsolicited mails offering a spot in families. 

Where does everybody else stand? 

I think we should really put some numbers on this thing.

Okay - wait.  I think we'll have to ask some more questions. 

What exactly is "member whoring?" Where is that line drawn.  Is any communication with somebody when they arrive bad?  That would be silly, but I think some people think that is member whoring.  It's not. 

So, what other questions should we ask before putting together this poll? 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: How to recruit??
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL