Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 06:58:17
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Glass Room Started by: solace005 on Jun 06, '11 05:10

Upon strolling through the city one day, you come across a small shop with an old wooden sign hanging above the door.  The shop is called the glass room, and from looking inside the window all you can seem to see is a small, out-of-the-way book store.  You decide that you've got enough time to browse a bit, and so step inside.

Once inside a feeling of warmth comes over you, and as you inhale the first breaths instead of a dusty, dank, old-book smell, you smell coffee, chocolate, and warm bread wafting over you. 

After looking around once, you realize that all the books are arranged on shelves around the outside of the building and in the very center is a small glass room decorated like a sitting room would be in your home.  The beautiful chairs inviting, the fireplace near the back of the building warming the place nicely.

To your right there is a small spiral staircase leading upstairs to a small cafe styled area.  A few chairs, and few tables, nothing fancy, just enough room to grab a coffee and a bite to eat before going back downstairs to select some reading.

A short, but averagely built, man steps out from the glass room and looks at you.

"Good morning, my name is Solace, is there anything I can help you look for?"  His smile inviting, but the rest of his features no more than average, if that.  His suit looks older than he is, and his hair looks as if it had been combed back far too many times, with far too much oil.  A small silver chain is attached to his lowest button and runs into his pocket of his vest, a pocket-watch to be sure, fitting for the place, but not the man.

"If you're looking for a drink, I'll come right up and serve you, and if your looking for a book, I will be placing a few away, just call my name and I'll be happy to assist you."  He bows to you and heads in the direction of the fire.

Report Post Tip

Martyr finds herself walking in from the streets and finds a pleasant surprise as she feels the cool air greet her. The streets had been quite but hot and she was happy to be able to have found some relief.

Slowly taking a seat at the looks up at solace005 and quietly not to draw any attention to herself speaks.
Might I get a cold beer sir? She shifts in her chair as she looks around. I have heard some things going on knowing you run your business I wasn't sure if you had heard anything or not?

She lights up a smoke and slides some money across the counter top as she peers at him hoping if he had heard weather or not the deal was going down or not. It wasn't something she took lightly and she knew if he knew the severity of the situtation he wouldn't either. She found herself crossing her fingers as she awaited.

Report Post Tip

Solace walks around from behind the bar and places a beer in front of Martyr.  He opens it for her and pours it into a glass.  Using the pouring as a cover he leans close enough to whisper,

"If you're hear for a specific reason, you won't be disappointed."

He stands back up and looks down at her with a smile.

"Anything else I can get for you Miss? And might I add that I'm surprised a pretty young thing such as yourself has deemed this establishment worthy, you might possibly try a book to pass the time?"

Solace takes a book off the nearby shelf and leaning down he places it in front of her.  "This piece is for your safety, ya know, just in case, we can't have a pretty woman going and dying on us now can we?" He whispers to her before leaving to help another customer.

Report Post Tip

Strolling in through the doors, Crawford could help but break out into a smile. Liquor and literature. His favorite things in the world. Patiently he browsed through one of the stacks of books, tracing his finger across the finely bound leather. He certainly didn't want to interrupt the proprietor from attending to the seated woman, he was content to wait for a free moment while wandering between the pages of the books piled around him.

Report Post Tip

Solace makes his way over to the gentleman who just walked in and holding out his hand greets the man with a smile.

"Good afternoon sir, and how might I help you this fine day?"

Report Post Tip

Turning to Solace, Crawford smiled.

Some place you've got here. Rather convenient location, for one.

I've a handful of books I'd like to track down that I was hoping you might be able to help me with. Care to join me in a drink first? I'll have a whiskey and a pint- I'm a Jameson man.

Report Post Tip

"Coming right up sir, just step this way." Solace leads Crawford to a seat at a table and hands him a pencil and paper.  "Feel free to write down the books your looking for while I get your drinks together. I won't be but a moment.

Solace disappears behind the counter and comes back a few moments later with a glass of whiskey, a pint of Jameson, and a large leather-bound book which he places gently on the table.

"So tell me good sir, what is it that your looking for?"

Report Post Tip

Grinning incredulously, Crawford stared at the pint of Jameson, his eyes going back and forth between the glasses.

Good Lord. Well, you know what they say. Waste not, want not.

The pint of Jameson quickly vanished. Shaking off the aftereffects, Crawford took his time with the glass.

For now, I believe just the two books. First, I'm looking for a copy of Joyce's Dubliners. I'm also looking for Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. If you have a first printing of either of those, I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for them.

Report Post Tip

Solce opens up his big book and flips through a few pages,  after staring at the page for a minute he writes something down on his pad and flips through the book some more.  "Gatsby I've got, Dubliner's I'm not so dure of, but I can tell you when I'll be getting a new ship...

Before he could finish a slam echoed throughout the building shaking the glass room around and knocking a book or two off the shelves.  Solace jumps up out of his chair and immediately turns to face the door while taking a few steps toward the counter, he never takes his eyes off the door and the figure standing there.

Report Post Tip

Dropping quickly back below the bookcase and out of sight, a pistol quickly appears in Crawford's hand. Deciding it best to stay out of sight for now, he softly moves back towards the shadow of the many stacked books, waiting for the situation to development further before potentially intervening.

Report Post Tip

Martyr set her drink down and slid her hand to where her gun was and quickly swung around and faced the door. The figure seemed to take up the entire frame and she couldn't quite get a good look on the person, but something told her that what she was looking for just found her.

She glanced back as solace005 and then slid slowly out of the chair and grabbed her drink finished and glanced over her shoulder as she watched Crawford hiding behind the bookcase. "Wish I had sat closer to the case" her thoughts filled her head as she took a breath and tried to focus on the being invading her comfortable space.

Report Post Tip

Solace reached for and slowly grabbed the shotgun attached to the underside of the bar.  He quietly swung it toward the door and then said with a smile. "Good afternoon gentlemen, please come in and have a seat, I was just about to start making your drinks."

As he finished his sentence one large man with a scar above his left eye, dressed as finely as any man one might encounter in the government, entered the room.  Following closer than must have been comfortable were two others, one male and one female, each wearing seemingly large coats, hands invisible in the large pockets.  All three took a seat at the same table as Martyr.  The gentleman looks her up and down before whispering to her in a thick European accent, "Well, have you any good news for me, or am I wasting my time?" 

Report Post Tip

<em> Colin  walks in noticing Martyr and sits with her </em>
whats going on? you ok?

Report Post Tip

Martyr nearly smacks Boston_Colin off his feet.

Throwing doors open like that is a great way to watch yourself get shot a few times. Takes her seat and shakes her head as she watches the tension in the air slowly calm a bit as everyone comes out of the hiding places.

She puts her gun back away and sinks in the chair and motions for another drink.

Scared the hell out of me Colin... She pulls out a smoke and lights it.

Report Post Tip

feel her smack leave a mark on his face and kind of shock he gets up and looks at every on else
"what did i do!?"

Report Post Tip

Solace walks over to the table and places two beers on the table. "For the two of you, please enjoy."  With a smile he walks over to one of the bookshelves, removes a book and makes his way back to Crawford.

"I believe this is one of the books you were looking for sir, and the other I will have to place in my next order." With a bit of a hurry he disappears into the back room.

Report Post Tip

"stands up and talk to martyr "
i hope you werent expecting some one to meet you here...
"looks out the window"

Report Post Tip

Melody never usual walked the streets, but today found herself standing just outside the door to the Glass Room. With guitar in hand, she pushed open the doors and found herself surrounded by books and books. She glanced around at the shelves and noticed all the people scrolling through the shelves and people sitting and reading. Than she saw people sitting down and having a drink and spots Martyr. Melody makes her way back and makes sure her guitar does't knock off any books.

Hey Martyr, fancy meeting you here. How're you doing this fine day?

Mel sees Solace and smiles.

I would like one beer good sir.

Report Post Tip

Solace smiles at the young woman, prepares her drink and brings it out to her. "For you." He says as he pours. "And is there anything you might be looking for?" He asks with a smile. "I don't just have literature you know, I also have a small section of sheet music you might be interested in."

He gestures toward one corner of the room where the shelves are seemingly less full of books, and more full of loose papers. "If anything fancy's your interest, you might find it there." 

With that he walks back over to his counter and begins writing something in his large ledger.

Report Post Tip

<em> Could help but notice Melody he walks up to her and say's </em>
hey the names Colin and you are?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Glass Room
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL