Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 12:09:29
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Distant Memories Started by: Gunther on Feb 14, '21 23:46

Gunther nodded.

"Jack would be able to very soon, but he falls under the same situation I did before I got it. He's already serving a God Father Chairman. So he'll be ancient before he gets it, like I am."

Gunther laughed and then looked back towards the kitchen for a moment, then back to Frances.

"I always order the same thing. A filet mignon, with the edges of the cut wrapped in bacon, a side of mashed potatoes and brown gravy, and fried asparagus."

Gunther could hear his stomach growl just thinking about it.

"It's really quite something."

Report Post Tip

"If anything, I'm just aging him more I'm sure." she told him before closing her menu and setting it down on the table. "Well, that settles it, I'll give that a try. I haven't had a proper steak in ages." she told him before taking a sip of her drink. She went quiet, staring off into the distance for a moment or two, and then turned her attention back to the man, "Sorry, I have no idea how to have a conversation with someone important." She admitted, "I mean, I do, but its all so strange." she shook her head, "Right.." she said putting her forearms on the table, "Fire trucks or police cars?" she asked him

Report Post Tip

Gunther waived the waitress back over to their table. He gave her the order and she went back towards the kitchen. He looked at her puzzled by her actions.

"What? Is that some sort of game?"

He'd never in his life seen this before. He scratched his head and then replied.

"Police cars I suppose."

Report Post Tip

She laughed, "Interesting response." She told him, "What with our line of work and all. Although I suppose by this point you don't have to worry much about them eh?" she added, "I personally always loved a fire truck. Pretty colors but the most important part," she held up a finger to accent her point, "They all have dogs." she nodded her head.

Report Post Tip

Gunther was even more puzzled by her response, it wasn't a game after all. Just a completely random question. He slammed his eyes shut and then chuckled.

"Hmmm.. No I suppose in my position the police don't bother me anymore. In fact, the protect me more than anything in their own way."

He smiled.

"You watch too many picture shows I think.. finding a firetruck with a dog is actually pretty rare if at all. You have a higher chance of police cars having a dog in them than anything."

As Gunther said that, the food arrived and a plate was placed before each of them.

Report Post Tip

She frowned, "Well, you saw through that one pretty quickly." She told him, "I like the IDEA of dogs on trucks, but I must confess I've only seen a handful of firetrucks in my life." she thanked the waitress as the food was brought over, picking up her cutlery she sniffed the plate. "If it tastes anything as good as it looks.." she said, before cutting into the steak and getting a dollop of potato on it before trying it. Once she had swallowed her eyes went wide, "Why do you bother having anything else on the menu?" She asked him. 

Report Post Tip

Gunther couldn't help but laugh at her reaction after having her first bite. He was pleased she liked it. He took his fork and knife, cut a piece with the bacon encrusted to it, ran it slightly across the top of the gravy and ate it. He closed his eyes, savoring the taste. Then he washed it down with his rum.

"I must say.. I can't help but to agree with you.

He then opened his eyes and looked around.

"However, I have to appeal to anyone who may come into this place. So that's that, I hired a staff capable of cooking literally anything. I also keep a store of many many ingredients for them to have access to."

He sighed.

"That's just the cost of doing business I suppose."

Report Post Tip

"Yeah, the cost and amount of waste is one of the reasons I don't plan on getting into the food business," She said, "Plus I'm a terrible cook, I don't think anyone would pay me for crunchy rice and over salted meat." she smirked, "Perhaps Dino, but that man has terrible taste." she continued eating for a while, before after a few bites asking, "What did you want to be when you were a kid," She held up the hand that held her knife, "bah, bah, bah," she said as he opened his mouth, "It can't be Mafioso. Surely at some point you wanted to be something else." 

Report Post Tip

Gunther was amazed not by the simplicity of questions she was asking him, but how much the questions were causing him to think. He laughed and shook his head.

"You're not going to believe me I feel, but a carpenter." 

He remembered his younger days working under an artisan.

"When I was about 13 until I was 16 years old, I worked as a carpenter's apprentice. I basically hauled wood around, sanded pieces for my artisan for ages, and did small labor intensive tasks for him. Though, the reason I say so, was I'd watch that old man work with his chisels and turn simple pieces of wood into works of art seamlessly without effort. It's an amazing process to watch, especially at such a young age."

He took another sip of his rum.

"How about you? What was Frances going to be? Perhaps an ear doctor?"

Report Post Tip

She carried on eating while he answered, occasionally glancing up so he knew she was paying attention. "People who can create physical things with their hands, they baffle me." She said, "Artists amaze me with being able to create and know that it will last forever, if cared for." She said, wistfully. 

She wiped her mouth with her napkin and placed it back in her lap, furrowing her brow. "Well, I wanted to be a dinosaur." She told him. "But once I learned that wasn't possible, I decided I wanted to be a gardener." she chuckled, "Ours, Johnny, knew everything there was to know about plants. And you got payed to play in the dirt!" she explained. 

Report Post Tip

Gunther slowly ate his steak as he listened. His mouth dropped open when she stated she wanted to be a dinosaur. He then smiled and took his bite as she continued. He heard the sound of heavy rain beginning to fall outside, and he took another sip of his rum.

"I see, and what makes you think you can't become a dinosaur?"

He leaned in and whispered.

"All you need to do is yell, scream, run around and maul people.. not too difficult in my opinion."

Report Post Tip

She tucked her arms in closer to her sides, at the elbows and waved them a bit, "Arms too short, couldn't reach the piano keys properly." she told him before laughing. "Also, I never grew tall enough." she let out a dramatic sigh, "Curse these genes of mine." 

Report Post Tip

"Oh..."

Gunther said rather defeated. He lifted a finger into the air.

"You can still be one of those small dinosaurs that just eats grass though! That's even easier and you'd still get to play in the dirt!" 

Gunther said crossing his arms across his chest with pride.

Report Post Tip

She tapped her chin thoughtfully for a moment, "A solution, but hardly one that inspires fear and pants wetting." she told him. She took another bite, nearly done with her meal. "What was the best thing about growing up?" she asked him, before shoving another bite into her face. She was rather enjoying herself, random questions to put the man on the other foot for a moment or two. She wondered if he'd had a conversation quite like this one ever in his life. 

Report Post Tip

"No, I guess your right. Certainly wouldn't frighten me at all."

He said as he finished the rest of his meal. He finished the last sip of his rum as well. He motioned over for a waitress to come with new drinks.

"Hmm, best thing about growing up. It's certainly got to be the sex."

He said matter of factly as the waitress brought more drinks. He thanked her and took another sip.

Report Post Tip

She rolled her eyes, "Such a man." she told him, "I mean what was the best thing when you were a kid?" she shook her head, "Christ, I was thinking like fishing, or building forts... you go right to the adult garbage." 

Report Post Tip

"Oh.. well that's not what you asked at all."

He said with a grin across his face.

"Let's see, the greatest thing about growing up for me... I would have to say it was traveling. I spent a large part of my early years traveling from country to country. It was through that experience that I got to learn many different ways of life."

He took a large swig of his rum.

"What was yours?"

Report Post Tip

"I'm not the only one who needs their ears checked, it would seem." She told him with a smile. She poked the ice in her glass with the stirrer and thought about her childhood, the good and the bad. "Travelling seems like it would be fun, I haven't been out of the States before, regardless of how many times I asked." She stabbed a cherry in her glass, "I think the best part about my childhood was that I had a big house to explore, full of family memories and adventure if you had an imagination." she lifted the stick, cherry attached, "And as you can imagine, I had quite the imagination." she popped the cherry into her mouth and ate it. Really the only reason to get a drink was the free snacks included in them. 

Report Post Tip

Sera arrives at Distant Memories wearing a leopard maxi dress with matching pumps. Sera had a casual yet glamorous vibe going on. She was looking radiant, and her unblemished light honey color skin was extra smooth and soft. As for her hair, she kept it simple with Hollywood wave for her long thick locks.

As Sera walked up to the entrance of Distant Memories, she had no problem getting in. The gentleman knew who she was and allowed her to go in with no troubles.

Sera had heard and read so many good things about Distant Memories but experienced it in person was so surreal.

A handsome young host named Maxwell approaches her and leads her to a private booth.  Sera was amazed that he knew who she was before she could open her mouth.

A few minutes later, Sera was sitting at one of the VIP Booth, waiting on her wine.  She was already having fun; she could tell that Distant Memories had a neat mixture to appeal to just about anybody as she hums and sways to the music playing background.

Report Post Tip

The building that house "Distant Memories" was done tastefully, and it seems like a few in attendance, eyes were on her. Sera smiles and feels her cheeks redden a little as she thought she heard a few whistles. Maybe the guilty parties were drunk.

Sera was now drinking a Fizzy passion fruit cocktail as she nibbled on some jerk wings. She was getting a kick out of trying different beverages and foods overseas, building up her favorite list.

She got a message from Sydni via Chance, her server for this visit, about modeling for a few up-and-coming designers that went by the name of Chanel and Dior. Neither rang a bell with her, so she sent word back that she graciously declines both offers.

Most designs she dislikes;  they didn't really cater to the average or curvy built types.  There was one designer she would consider, though, and that was Balenciaga. She read his life story, and Sera could see herself wearing his stuff.

Chance interrupts her, and Sera ask for more wings and a Gin Rickey for this round. Before he leaves, he tells her Duke Ellington would be in the house this evening, performing a few sets with his orchestra. Sera was left speechless; this would be a first for her this evening. A small voice within whispers, "Best is yet to come”

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Distant Memories
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL