Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 07:34:16
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
The Burger Pit Started by: Seraph on Feb 23, '21 13:31

Squirrelly-Dan was fuckin hungry and knew that he needed to feed the machine.  Steaks and lobsters were way too classy for him.  A homemade burger was the only thing that was truly going to do him in this situation and he knew exactly the place to go in Detroit.  He looked up and down the menu but thought that he wanted something a little more custom.  He called over Vera to put in his order...

"Heys there Ms. Vera.  I'd like a hamburger with 2 1/2 pound patties, melted cheddar, and 8 strips of bacon on it.  I'd like some frings on the side and a cherry coke to drink.  If yous don't mind - I'd really appreciates it if you were able to put some Jack Daniels whisky in my drink."

Squirrelly-Dan gave Vera a nod as he lit up a dart.  What else would he do with 5 minutes of his time whilst he waited??

Report Post Tip
After a night of poker at the home of a business associate, Mike Salino, Turco decided it was time to go to his apartment. On the way, sitting in the backseat of the car, one of his bodyguards driving, Turco suddenly patted the guard twice on the shoulder.

"Stop right there." He said to the man, that immediately parket on the spot Turco had pointed to him. It was in front of The Burger Pit. "Wait in the car. Do you want something, kid?"

"Nah, thank you, Mr. Ferrante." The man simply said.

Turco nodded, jumped out of the car and went inside the place. Quickly, he ordered some sandwiches, fries and some onion rings to go. While he waited, he lit a cigarette. He had been drinking all night and was starving. He had planned to go to a whorehouse in Corktown after the poker game, but he was exhausted.

A few moments passed and the attendant called for him at the counter. His order was ready. He paid for it, left a decent tip for the attendant and left. After getting into the car, he threw one of the sandwiches bag on the front seat, for the bodyguard.

"You have to taste these sandwiches." He said to the bodyguard.

The car started to move as Turco started attacking the fries.
Report Post Tip

"Hey! Watch the fuck out! Do you know who I am?" this sort of posturing was normal for the Freak even since his ascent into the echelons of Made Man; the power completely getting to his head for short bouts of what looked to be awkward arguments with random strangers in the middle of the road.

"No, I don't..." the kid looked to be in his teenage years which made the whole thing all the more embarrassing for the 6 foot 10-inch tall man who had just hopped out of his car in a hurry to pick a fight.

"I'm the Greek mother-fucking Freak, and I'm wearing an expensive as fuck bow tie! You will respect me!" at this point nothing could save anyone here any sort of face as a crowd began to gather around what was a five-foot child being yelled at by a man who was wearing a purple bow tie and twice his size.

Before it was too late to turn back, the man realized how ridiculous it was that he had started this argument... without a gun in his hands, so he walked briskly back to his car to pick one of the pistols up from the floor of the vehicle. There was a brief whizzing sound and then a rock smacked the Freak directly against the temple by what was most likely an angry bystander to the event taking place, and the fella must have been a real crack shot because it knocked the humongous freak out with a single blow.

"This is some real David and goliath shit, huh?" before the joke from someone in the large crowd could land for any laughs, the sound of sirens made them all disperse, including the child who clearly started the entire thing with his disrespectful ways. 

"You alright, man?" one of the officers said to Greek while his eyes opened slowly, the sun blinding him temporarily while things slowly perched back into view, and his first sight was of two policemen who were hovering above him with their notepads in their hand; this was normally not a sight that anyone in the Freak's line of work would want to see, but at the moment all that he could remember was... nothing. What happened, and where was he? 

"I... I don't know."

"You don't know what?"

"I don't know where... who I am." the startling realization made a few cracks appear in his sentence, as the police officers nodded towards each other and continued scribbling down into their pads-- they knew exactly who the very famous Greek Freak was, but if he didn't then surely they would be able to fish some information out of him, or maybe even get some sort of confession. Unluckily for them, however, he could at least remember a lot of his life, just not very many specifics.

"Look, I'm fine. I just need..." looking up, he took note at The Burger Pit that was conveniently only a few seconds away from where everything had taken place. Using that as an excuse, he began walking towards the doors and waved away both of the police who were starting to understand that this was a dead end.

"I just need to go grab a burger and a drink, then I'll be right as rain." opening up the doors to the burger joint, he stepped inside as calmly as he could while racking his brain in an attempt to remember anything that had specifically happened in the past few days or even weeks, as most of it seemed to be a complete blur. 

Walking towards the counter, he took a few dollar bills out of his pockets and slapped them down while reading the menu: "I'll take a classic burger and a nice tall glass of water with extra ice." with his order finished, he felt serious pain in the side of his head and upon reaching up could feel the thick ooze of blood, which was confirmed when he lowered his hand to reveal the red thick globs that had smeared all over his fingers while feeling around.

"Can I also order a bandaid, too? Thank you. Also, do you happen to know what I was doing here?" the question was in vain as a random cashier would most likely not know anything, but it was worth a shot. 

Report Post Tip

Apollyon stopped in Detroit for a quick moment. However he realised, he had business fixed elsewhere and had to run. As he was passing by the streets - he saw the burger joint. 

Apollyon received confirmation from his handler that his Charter Flight had been booked out of DT to NY and was departing in 2 hrs time. 

"Well I better get myself a quick bite and get going". Apollyon went inside and the decoration and interior was well done and simple. 

He walked up to the counter and ordered "Double Classic Hamburger Deal please". The lady was quick to get to work and brought him his order in less than 2 mins. 

Apollyon took the order on go, as his taxi was waiting outside already. 

Report Post Tip

Starving after a long morning of work, Lissa slipped out of the Speed Demons Headquarters. Deciding that she would treat the family to lunch, she stumbled into The Burger Pit. Drawing up to the counter, she smiled politely and dumped a large bit of bills on the counter.

"I hope you won't mind, I have an awfully large order to go. I would like 19 double cheeseburger deals. I have some help just waiting a little bit behind me to carry it back to the Headquarters. We are willing to wait of course."

Lissa smiled politely. Knowing what an inconvenience it was but hoped the money would make up for any inconvenience.

Report Post Tip

Carmen had just arrived from Chicago. She had a double whiskey at the North Side Tavern, then she had more three shots at the plane. She was feeling miserable and annoyed, cause she wasn't getting drunk and that was her goal. Maybe her liver was so used to it, that booze had no effect anymore. She was sipping the fourth shot, smoking her cigarette, sitting inside the limo and thinking about her internal organs when she noticed they were passing in front of The Burger Pit. She always passed in front of it, but never stopped: either she was too busy drinking, on her way to some pussy, going to a party or just heading home to barf her ass off a hangover. So she decided to stop and do something different, and to be honest, she was starving.

The place was cozy and there was the delicious smell of grilled burgers in the air. She sat on one of those booth seats and the menu was already on the table. She thought for a bit and then called the waitress. The waitress, a woman named Vera (or so she said), had a very kind smile. Carmen said:

"I will have two double cheeseburgers, big curly fries and a chocolate milkshake. Also i want a slice of cheesecake for dessert. Hmm, can you bring me one big cup of ketchup, too?" Vera answered: "Or course, miss! I'll bring your order right away." Carmen smiled and thanked her. She lit a cigarette and before she could finish, the woman returned with her food. Vera said: "If you need anything else, i'll be right there, honey!"

The smell of the homemade burgers filled Carmen's nostrils and her stomach rumbled. She started eating like a Viking or a teenager on the munchies. She finished the first burger in two minutes and slurped half of the delicious milkshake. She grabbed the second burger and ate it while eating fries drenched in ketchup at the same time. She even put some fries into the burger. She finished 'em and the milkshake. She was full, but not quite. The slice of cheesecake was there, teasing her. She pulled it closer and started eating it. It was fucking amazing, like little pieces of sweet cheesy heaven. When she ended it all, she was about to explode and so lazy, that she couldn't stand up without making lots of effort.

She finally decided to get up. She headed to the front counter, payed her bill, said goodbye to Vera and headed to the limo. All she wanted now was her comfy bed.

Report Post Tip

The time passed so fast that HERO didn't feel it when the sun started to go down, He was busy most of the day in his office, he finally decided to take a walk and check few places and look around the city.

While he was walking around the shops he smelled one of the best things that he loves, it a smell of the grilled meat and burger aroma, he looked around and saw the place where these smells are coming from.

HERO walked to the burger pit and took a table close to the window, the waiter came to him and gave him the menu, the first thing came to his mind to try their specials, he looked at them and asked for a hunger buster and a hotdog sandwich.

Report Post Tip
Genesis was spending the day running errands and doing some sightseeing. He grabbed a newspaper from the stand by a thrift shop on the corner. he sat down at a bench and opened the newspaper and began to read. After about ten minutes was feeling kind of hungry.

He stood up and folded his newspaper and started to walk down 12th street. It didn't long to find a place that sparked his interest. He stopped by The Burger Pit. He walked inside and found am empty table. he sat down and grabbed a menu. He did a quick read and made his decision. He saw a waiter come his way and ask for his order.

"Good day. May I have two cheeseburgers and a coke please?"

The waiter wrote down his order and made their way to kitchen. While he waited, Genesis took out a cigarette from his pocket. He got out his lighter, lights it and takes a drag. About ten minutes later the waiter walks out of the kitchen and approaches his table. Genesis thanks them and starts to dig in.
Report Post Tip

Pete was back in Detroit and hungry as hell he was there on business.  He saw the Burger Pit and all he thought on was a burger with lettuce, cheese on a toasted bun.   The beer needed to be cold and the fries hot.  He wanted the food quickly but he would wait for the food while he downed a few beers.   He placed his order and he was handed a cold beer in a frosted mug.  Nodding to the man behind the counter pete took his beer over to a table and took a seat looking out the window.  

Report Post Tip

Seraphyna had been wandering around Detroit after a busy few days. She was starving, could probably eat a cow if she really wanted to. Whole and uncooked. She came across The Burger Pit and smiled.

"Sounds about right," she smiled.

Walking through the doors, she inhaled the smell of food as her stomach rumbled. Smiling, she found herself at the counter, deciding to take a small order so she wouldn't look completely crazy. Once it was her turn, she settled.

"I'd like two cheeseburgers and a lemonade please. Thank you."

Brushing the hair from her face, she included one last thing like an after thought.

"I'd like it to go though. Anything I could carry it in and leave here with it."

Report Post Tip

As McCreary entered The Burger Pit, he saw Seraphyna in passing and reactively smiled and waved. Too bad she was leaving, he thought as he continued to make his way inside. The fumes from the grill was rightfully hitting him as he inched closer. Once seated, he was given a menu to look over and it didn't take long before the waitress, Vera, returned to him for his order. 

"I'll have the cheeseburger deal with a coke"

Report Post Tip

Pete walked into the Burger Pit and sat down.  Looking over the room before looking over the menu was a habit that he would not give up on.  Whenhe looked at the surroundings he then focused on what he wanted.  He choose the classic Double cheeseburger meal and ask that his dring be upgraded to a large.  The wautress smiled and noddedokay.   Pete grabbed the newspaper that say on the next table the owner had abandon it.  He looked at the obits and saw a few friend and shook his head in disbelief.  He looked over what the paper said about the war and by the time he was finished his food arrived.  He nodded and started eating.

Report Post Tip

Relentless was having a perfect day. All his bank heists, robbery were going as planned. He called Joey and got an update on the things, Joey told him it was at least a few K that had been raked in today. 

"Right, Keep on it mate...Ill give you a call in 2 hrs time and we can reconcile then again. Meanwhile Ill go grab myself some chow and get that energy back up there. Hit me up if anything goes down. "

Relentless was walking up the street and he came across a food joint. It was the Burger Pit and he chose a nice corner table as he always does wherever he goes for eating/drinking or for meeting purposes. It was a feeling of the lowkey and quite Mafioso that he liked while still getting things done in the dark. 

He ordered the Hunger-Buster-A turkey burger and took his table marker and sat down on his table waiting for his meal to arrive. 

Report Post Tip

The wind blew through the streets of Detroit, as Mojito stood on the street corner. Face directed upwards towards the sun that was shining down onto the city. It was a warm day, not hot just warm and the sun on her face felt rather nice. Was welcoming, comforting, especially in a city that she had never been.

Why she was here wasn't the point but the fact of the matter was that she was and well she needed to find something to do. Was still quite a bit of time before she was able to leave. Plus she still had a bit of business to do within Detroit but that wasn't until later.

With eyes closed, Mo took in a rather deep breath, that's when she smelled it. Her eyes widened as the smell of cooked beef and fried goodness overtook her sense. Her stomach growled, which in itself was funny because prior to smelling it, she wasn't the slightest hungry. Now though... basically instantly, her hunger consumed her.

Looking about, trying to see if she could spot a storefront that could have been producing this delicious smell, she couldn't see anything. So she resorted to just following her nose. She probably looked like a bloodhound on the scent of an escaped prisoner but she didn't care, that one tracked mind of her had put her on a mission. A mission to find food.

Didn't take too long before she was brought in front of a place called The Burger Pit. The smells coming out of this place were insane, even though it looked like just another burger joint. Perhaps it was the hunger that was making it so? Regardless, she pushed herself through the door. For a burger joint, it looked rather fancy. Well not fancy but not what she was actually expecting.

With a slight smirk and a subtle shrug, Mo made her way over to an opened table. She wasn't sure if this was how she was supposed to go about things here but figured if she was wrong, that someone would say something. This was not the case, as a waitress brought over a menu, handed it to her.

"Can I get you something to drink."

Mo, quick scrolled through the menu.

"Iced Tea, please... sweetened."

The waitress smiled and walked away, giving Mo a moment to look about the menu.

"So many choices..." She thought to herself. Knowing she was over complicating things, she placed the menu down in front of her. Just in time for the waitress to return with her drink.

"Looks like you know what you'd like, what can I get you?" She asked.

"I'll just have the cheeseburger combo thingy but can I have curly fries?"

The waitress nodded, didn't even scribble it down, took the menu and walked off. Mo, reached up grabbing the iced tea. She brought it to her lips and took a sip. It was delightful, just the right amount of sweetness. A smile crept from the side of her mouth. This was a great idea, now she just needed to wait for her food.

Didn't take too long, within 10 minutes the waitress had slid her plate in front of her. Needless to say it was mouth watering just from the glances of it. First thing first, she picked up a curly fry and dangled it in front of her. Watched it spring up and down in her hand a moment before popping it into her mouth. It was hot, it was greasy, it was potatoey but it was amazing.

Picking up another fry, she did the same thing. Cause you know, you can't eat just one of those things.

The burger though, that was calling her name. Reaching forward with both hands, Mo gripped it off the plate. It was rather large in her tiny hands, no way she was gonna be able to finish the whole thing but for the life of her she was going to try. She brought it up to her, opened wide and took a big ole bit.

The flavors were spot on, this was completely the right call.

Report Post Tip

After completing his latest drug run R-L_Stine found himself where he often does, stuck in Detroit for a few hours.    With a couple of hours before his is scheduled to head out, he decided to walk around town a bit to get some much-needed food.

Ater passing a few other establishments, he found the Burger Pit, a place sure to have what he was craving right now:  a good burger.   He told his gaggle of bodyguards to wait outside and he entered briskly.

He walked up to the counter and reviewed the menu....

"Hello, sir.   I'll take the double cheeseburger combo.  To go please."

The man behind the counter nodded as R-L_Stine tossed a few bucks on the counter for payment and tip and waited for his food.

Report Post Tip

Pete finally return to Detroit  the last time he was in the Detroit he went to the burger pit where he got one of the best burgers he has had in a long time.  So he wanted to test them out once more.  He ordered the same thing a burger with lettuce, cheese on a toasted bun.   This time he wanted lemonade instead of beer.  He took the same seat next to the window.  Whispers and Robert were with him and they ordered the same thing Pete did.   

Report Post Tip

Julius was starting to hunger but he still had much work to do. His bodyguard, Emilo, was a native of Detroit and told him about a famous burger joint nearby. The two went there immediately. Julius would order the double cheeseburger deal and Emilio with his childhood favorite, the classic cheeseburger with curly fries. Both orders would be made to go and they would leave just as quickly as they came.

Report Post Tip

The Burger Pit became Pete's hangout.  He ordered a bacon classic cheese burger and fries with a glass of lemonade.  Pete sat with Robert and Neil as they ordered their meals.  Pete looked at the waitress and shook his head she was to young to be working she should be in school.  Neil told Pete the little girl is older then Pete just young looking.  Pete was surprised when he heard that she was five years older then him.  

Pete gave the woman a tip she made $25 every two weeks Pete gave her that amout as a tip and then started eating his food.  As they ate Pete told them the line up for that days work.  Neil had secured a car for them and they all had heaters on them.  They were ready for whatever cam their way.

Report Post Tip

Double classic cheeseburger please, friend onions and a side of pickles

CoolHandLuke moved from side to side, so excited to begin eating. The smells were electric inside.

Once his order was complete, he made his way to a small table. Just nerves he was telling himself. He found himself eating every other hour.

Report Post Tip

Roger walked into the nice establishment.  He was wearing a black and dark grey pin-stripe suit, with black leather wingtip dress shoes.  Roger was always seen with a cigar in his mouth as well.  Coming to the great city of Detroit was perfect for Roger considering he did grow up here after all.  The first time he had joined a family was right here in Detroit.   Stone always loved the food that came along with the motor city as well.  

Roger was welcomed by the waitress Vera who was very timely on getting his seating arrangements all squared away.  His table was set up perfect, every condiments anyone may need was all tabletop.  Vera was very nice as well.  

“What can I get you today sir?”

Roger took another puff of the cigar before speaking.

”Yeah, I’ll take one of those classic burgers with some fries.”

The waitress wrote in the little blue flip notepad before she asked about a beverage to go with the meal.  Roger agreed to the suggestion and added a cola to his order.  After all whats a burger if you can’t wash it down after.  

The food was amazing, Roger was very pleased with the quality, the service, the cleanliness and of course even management.  Oh yeah he noticed the manager Franklin over in the kitchen making sure the whole operation ran smoothly.  Mr.Stone finished up the burger, took another sip of soda before putting a dollar on the table.

”That should cover it Vera, oh and I almost forgot!”

Roger reached back into his wallet and pulled out a freshly printed 100$ bill.  He handed it to Vera with a smile before he got up and walked back out to the boulevard.

”And that’s for your service, Thank You.”

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Burger Pit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL