Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 05:25:00
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
NOW HIRING: HelpDesk Positions Available Started by: Kendra on Jun 15, '11 00:11

The title pretty much says it all! The admin team of MafiaReturns has decided it's finally time (and long overdue!) to take on some new additions to the game's staff. We currently have open a few HelpDesk Associate positions, which we are looking to have filled as soon as possible.

We are looking for candidates who have good, quality experience within the game; people who can preferably provide examples and references to a time when they have held a position within a crew where you were accountable for helping/mentoring other players. People with pleasant, outgoing dispositions will be at an elevated advantage. Patience, a virtue, is also a must for our team members. A good HelpDesk candidate is also available, open to taking on projects as assigned by the admin team, and then some.

"Oh wow Kendra, please let me be on the HelpDesk team! What a dream!"

Does the above sound like your inner voice? Then have no fear, you will definitely get the chance to apply.

All interested parties must mail their applications to Kendra. A strong application will include the following:

* Who you are (current player name, IRC name, name you are most well-known by)
* Your years of playing/experience with MR
* Why you want to join the HelpDesk team
* What in-game positions you have held that make you feel you are qualified to help other players on the site
* What you feel you can bring to the HelpDesk team
* A time when you feel you have shown exemplary 'assistance' to another player
* Where you feel you will do best
* Whether or not you have ever broken a site rule, or have been in trouble with the staff in any way (if the answer to this question is 'yes', please site what rule was broken/what the circumstances surrounding the situation were).

Your application can be as long or as short as you wish it to be, as long as it includes the above information. Any additional information is a plus, as we are looking for well-rounded, respectable individuals to help with our team.

Remember, this application must be sent via MobMail to Kendra to be considered.

I will be taking applications through June 22nd, 00:01 game time, which should give all those interested more than enough time to get their materials together.

From there, chosen candidates will be given a sample sheet with typical questions asked of HelpDesk, and will be required to answer them to the best of their ability. Those who have the best applications and the best sample sheets will be announced as the new HelpDesk staff members.

To summarize:
Apply for HelpDesk
Send application mail to Kendra as the clock strikes midnight and moves into June 22nd
Select few chosen, sample tests given
Final HelpDesk team selected and announced
Jazz hands

Any questions, comments or concerns, please contact me.

Thank you all for your time, and I cannot wait to see some great candidates apply!

Report Post Tip

raises his hand

And what sort of salary/compensation is being offered for this position, Miss Kendra?

Report Post Tip

Are jazz hands mandatory? Will not including them hurt an applicants chances?

Report Post Tip

The sheer pride and secure knowledge that you are doing a great thing for a website you love. Npnp.

Report Post Tip

Excellent. I would like to officially nominate Harpsichord. I would have picked Guitar, but they seem to have disappeared.

Report Post Tip

Jazz hands earn you extra credit.

Report Post Tip

I nominate Kates to do everyone's work.

Report Post Tip

Harpsichord, pretty sure she's dead. Thank God.

Report Post Tip

Gonna start a credit fund to get your account renamed.

Report Post Tip

I second the Kates nomination.

Report Post Tip

I third the Kates nomination.

Report Post Tip

Thank you to everyone who applied for a HelpDesk position this past week! As of 00:01 the application process was closed: we are no longer accepting any more applicants.

We have received some amazing applications, so thank you to those who took their time to really send over some great material. I will be contacting many of you with the second, more in-depth 'interview' applications within the next two to three days.

Once again, thanks to all of those who applied! Please check back here for more information, as I will be updating during the entire process.

Report Post Tip

Good luck to all that applied, I would have if not for being too busy right now in RL.

Report Post Tip

I've a to busy RL too. Otherwise, I'd take the opportunity with both hands.
Good luck to the applicants! 

Report Post Tip

Hope to hear update soon

Report Post Tip

I am also curious to hear feedback about my haiku application.

Report Post Tip

Patience young padawans. We must calculate your Midi-chlorian count and look into if you are worthy of being trained. Jedi Master Kendra is busy doing this count and research. Give her time.. she is over 900 years old.

Report Post Tip

Fuck midi-chlorians. Han shot first.

fin

Report Post Tip

My apologies for the delay, the last week has been crazy. As of now, all second applications have been sent out to candidates. Please check your mailbox, as you will have received a communication from me whether or not you are moving on.

All applicants with second mailings, you have until 12:00 game time on July 4th to reply to your mail. If I do not receive any communication from you before that time, you will not be considered in the final selection for the HelpDesk positions.

Thank you very much to everyone who applied- I received some great applications from every single one of you! I'm glad to know the site has so many talented and dedicated players. Those of you who were not selected, please check the forums regularly as we will be opening more positions in the near future.

Thanks once more!

Report Post Tip

Are you still looking for Assistants?

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: NOW HIRING: HelpDesk Positions Available
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL