Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 05:10:31
Page:  1 
Offering a Retraction and Solution Started by: Mezzo on Apr 02, '21 19:27

On 30 March under the JackMezzo character I wrote a Street thread concerning the use of the hitlist and specifically called out those with credit balances which were way above average. 

The purpose of the thread got lost, which was to steer discussion on how we should/could be using the hitlist feature and eventually I made the following statements:

The level of wealth we are talking about means that nobody, ever, will be able to surmount it. The options to gamble that amount of credit assets has been revoked.

I can't comment on the efforts made to accumulate the wealth, other than I know a vast majority was made in another time, through bets made with City Hall. Not by working the streets. No common gangster in this life will ever get a chance to earn that kind of credit assets, and so will never get the chance to challenge a hit placed on them.

Since making those remarks I became aware of several facts which make these false. 

In short, the availability of historically larger bets is not a factor in how credit wealthy an individual is. I was also speaking under an assumption that the bets made directly between a user and an admin were an off the cuff, spur of the moment arrangement made simply because of the interest and excitement such large bets would generate. Essentially, not being offered under any official capacity.

I was wrong, as clarified by the administration in this announcement, and I'm sorry.

I am retracting this to ensure that anyone who has ever engaged in bets with an admin does not feel I was in any way intending to accuse them of special treatment at the action of an admin user. This is also my last word on the topic, I will not be engaging any future discussion attempts regarding it individually or publicly.

With that out of the way, I'd like to leave you with my last concept which is proposed solution to support accountability fears.

During the private discussions I had with the administration before the JackMezzo character was removed, I understood how important the hitlist feature is and the role it plays in accountability. Combined with the announced changes to how it works, I was already preparing a speech to propose a new approach for it.

With the exclusion of Tyler Durden as a potential shooter, there is no dire need to remove a listed hit. Anyone can still place them - for any amount. These changes provided me with the anonymous form I had been hoping for as a leader to encourage accountability between the leadership in the 6 cities.

I would propose you hitlist your leadership for nominal amounts, and with constructive reasons. There is no additional risk to those hitlisted, as whether small or large amounts placed, the same steps will be taken to remove the listed hits. 

I suggest the leadership hold council on the feedback received in this manner and decide on appropriate action to take to resolve. I expect reasons such as:

• Stop authing the same people
  • Do something about inactive leadership
  • Be more creative with your ceremonies for Made Man

It could be false, it could be genuine. We have the same effect with anonymous credits, except this is public. It's also nothing that couldn't have been done before, the only difference would be this time the wider population knows the leadership expects to receive feedback in this manner and has a plan to action it.

I mean, maybe. It's up to the current CL's to decide if they want to take this forward and ratify it. I can only give you what my last thoughts were before the end.

I've got nothing more to say, other than to thank you all for the support where it's been given to my obscene schemes over the years. For all the mentors, all the peers, all the friends and all the aspiring individuals I've had the pleasure to try and mold into mafioso. I'll miss the respectful interactions which are just assumed and never requested, such is the nature of the role we play in this game. I'll never forget lost friends and departed friends.

So, I guess stay safe/dangerous/awesome/well.

Best,

LG

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

One of my favorite runs was also one I never expected to have under Mezzo in the PH Race Street. I never intended to play MR until I lucked into your crew and somehow got sucked in. My intention, like now, was to simply have a character around to participate in the drama and partake in the occasional act of violence. I hope you return to this thing one day one day LG, you're easily my favorite character in game and in the streets.  I wont comment on the drama that led to your recent demise for various reasons, one of them being my ignorance. But when I saw your names in the obits that day I knew the community just lost a powerhouse.

Also, who the heck gets 80 units on multiple occasions and then has the nerve to die from other than in-game violence? :)

-doogle

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Offering a Retraction and Solution
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL