Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 17:57:40
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Streamline and bring tradition to "Our Thing" Started by: Crazy_Carmine on Apr 18, '21 16:28

Cosa Nostra, the Mafia, the Honoured Society - whatever you call it should be a very secret society.

While I know there are various groups that are in existance today.  I truly do think there should be more of a linked structure to how the factions are created - and even adjustments to the ranks.

Bring Secrecy

When a young thug on the street is trying to make themselves known to a mafia family, they do not know which family they are joining.  If you are in NYC, you don't really know if you are an associate of the Bonanno, Gambino or Genovese families - or even the DeCavalcante family of NJ.  

Families should really have a secrecy about them to where many of these identities are kept within those that are "made men/women" in the society.  That is all who should know.  

When you make new members, circulate the names like they do with the commission.  Allow for formal roleplay to introduce each other.  In the Mafia, you cannot admit your membership to another person without a PROPER introduction by a third party that you both know.

Strip Ranks

I'd like to hear what the difference is between a Boss, Capo, Don or even Godfather.  These ranks are all worded differently and mean the same thing.  Keep it simple - "Associate, Soldier, Caporegime/Capodecina/Captain, Consigliere, Underboss, Boss" - That's all there should be.  

Crews or Families?

When I see these "Crews" in the game, I'm really not sure what's what.  If you lead a "crew" you should be a capo.  But these crews should essentially fall under a "borgata/family" which really isn't defined within this game - at all.  Find a real definition and stick with the structure.

I'll be adding more ideas on rackets soon.... This is high level but I could go on..

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
While you’re at it, remove all women, aliens, robots, and hard core wrestling icons too. But don’t stop there, the zombie hordes known as the Durdens have to disappear, along with the mass amounts of BGs that people hire.

Also, remove dicing. No one was worth billions of dollars during this time frame.

In closing, completely redo the game to make your suggestion come to life

/s cause some of you are dense
Report Post Tip
Those are your words, not mine.

But okay, the game gets smaller and smaller.

Thank you for being respectful. It speaks volumes.
Report Post Tip
The game isn’t getting ‘smaller and smaller’ because of things you want to see changed. Provide actually proof that users are leaving because exact terminology isn’t used in the suggested way, until then, don’t be a bozo.
Report Post Tip
Nah, I'll continue to post as I want considering this is a suggestion's thread. Have a great day. Also, try not to be so miserable. Life is beautiful.

Sincerely,
Bozo
Report Post Tip

I think the tradition you are seeking in your game play needs to be found within your crew and not by some built in  game dynamic. 

That traditional feel that you  are missing has nothing to do  with the built in features and everything to do with the way the Crew and the uppers in that crew function and interact . 

The secrecy in the family is there if the uppers add that dynamic, for example some Cl's have a Made ceremony that only the Made are privy to. Only they know what happens there. 

While  I agree the ranking system is more mainstream media and less actually depicting the Mafia hierarchy. This discussion has been run into the ground  over the years and it is not going to change . The majority want it left the way it is. 

Circulating the names of new members being Made would make that process so tedious and it would slow down the game play immensely with people waiting for responses.  Also opening a gateway for blood lining. How the uppers  of a city or even district choose or who they choose for  their Made men is not up to other cities anyways.  It is up to them ultimately, even if they do seek others advice on the matter. 

If you feel that the family isn't defined in this game then maybe you need more education on the game. Or maybe your leaders don't share this information with you because it  is part of the secrecy you are looking for and you are not high enough to be told it yet. 

Report Post Tip

Now, that is some excellent feedback.  I really appreciate your response as opposed to a blatant insult.  Much appreciated :)

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip
Always open to enriching the gameplay through community efforts. Especially for developing a ceremony or formality for the when a crew's books are open.

I think for ranks and crew v families, it was more intended to be generic for an average joe player. At least that's my perception.

Any other thoughts? Good topic to have a discussion on, Carmine.
Report Post Tip

Hi Genovese,

One thing I was thinking was a city (with the exception of New York City) would have one Boss/Don/Godfather - a leader of a "family" basically.  Then in each district you'd have a Capo (probably a district boss) and then soldiers and associates operating underneath them.  All other groups that were not part of the family - basically pay a street tax to the family - or join them.  

As for New York - five families - five boroughs, either you claim a borough for each family (probably nto the best) or what you have is families in NYC operating in any borough they want and then going from there - as is currently done.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Streamline and bring tradition to "Our Thing"
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL