Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:30:43
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Check, check, have you carried through? Started by: TheDame on Apr 25, '21 14:08

So many people make a New Year's resolution. Many people make these with good intentions, but never carry through.

Have you carried through with your New Year's Resolution? If not, what kept you from this goal?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I kept mine it was to cut down on energy drinks I used to drink 2 per day now I drink 2 a week
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I wanted to quit smoking and I failed.
In fact, I am smoking as I type this. :/
Report Post Tip

I don't bother coming up with them as I never used to keep them, don't think I know anybody who actually ever did keep all their resolutions (they maybe did one or two at a push).  Always seemed like a nice idea in principle but just a pain in the year in practice. 

Report Post Tip

Mine weren't resolutions for personal benefits but covid hampering both, for now, we were trying to shift our house as already moved, unfortunately, covid stopping people coming into sell and put the money elsewhere for a stupid flat possibly.   Was hoping for a trip to Japan, but Covid against has put this back with no-fly zones etc and qualrantines

Report Post Tip

I've always thought the idea of new years resolutions was a bit dumb. Embrace your vices, they make you more interesting.

Report Post Tip

Nope, don't think I've ever respected my New Year's Resolution, and not because they were incredibly high. I did just a little minor part of some and the others... kinda just dropped them for not applying enough. But sometimes I could get to make some improvements that were not planned.

Report Post Tip

Uhh. Nope. Yes. Hell, I dont remember if I even made any. Probably not to be honest

Report Post Tip

Fun fact:

Virtually every study says that about 80% of new year's  resolutions will get abandoned by February.

This is according to Forbes

Report Post Tip

God bless those that even just try until February!  That's some amazing will power even to do it until then.  As I mentioned previously I don't bother, but I remember one year when I did and I bought a gym membership.  Around 5 years later I tried to cancel it and that was a right uphill battle...

Report Post Tip

I mean I guess I sort of have. I have a vape to stop smoking cigarettes and I got the patches and shit from my doctor but I'm still using the nicotine instead of weaning myself off at the pace I had originally planned, thats for sure haha

Report Post Tip

I don't make New Year's resolutions because anything worth doing is worth starting now, not waiting for an arbitrary date.  That's why so many get broken. The people who make them are never really serious about it in the first place, otherwise they would already be doing it.

Report Post Tip

Fun Fact: 

Studies show that only 8% of Americans who make a New Year's resolution actually keep them all year and 80% have failed by the start of February. Clinical Psychologist Joseph J. Luciani, Ph. D, says most resolutions fail due to sabotage caused by a lack of self-discipline.

https://www.thetimestribune.com

Report Post Tip

I didn't make a single new years resolution. So in a way, yes, yes I have carried through with absolute excellence! :D

Thank God, I don't do that silly shit lol

Report Post Tip

I did use to love the gym that way, come january is packed with all the people who will change their lives forever, come march back to the normal 10-15 people in there Thedame

Report Post Tip
I have actually kept up with mine. Though there have definitely been many of years I’ve said I was gonna do something and it fluttered out rather quickly. Not this year.... not yet at least.
Report Post Tip
I didn’t make a resolution this year. I normally stick with them for a time and then go off them anyways so I just skipped to the end to start with this year
Report Post Tip

Oh for sure I did, I lost about 15lbs. It was hard though, fell off the wagon for a few days after vaccine side effects but I am back on it. Plan to keep on going all year!

Report Post Tip

I have managed to always avoid the problem of not following through with silly resolutions by my sullen determination to never .. i mean never as in ever, making any. If i actually decide to change something or another, i do it then and there, without the announced intention, actions speaking louder than words, and all that jazz. 

Report Post Tip

I use to do New Years' resolutions, but I would never fully commit to them. The first month or two, I'd be doing hard core whatever I chose, but by April, I'd be back to normal. So for the past decade or so, I always pick something easy to give me a false sense of accomplishment. This year was go to a Con when they reopened, since they were all shut down last year. I accomplished it, though I go to at least one a year (last year being the exception due to Covid), so it was a fool's bet. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Check, check, have you carried through?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL