Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 06:38:49
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
12th Street Dinner. Started by: Enzo on Apr 29, '21 18:32

As you walk into the dinner you notice the long bar stretched across the room with wood all along the walls. The booths a white leather seated and glass tables the counter has a red color to it. It was a more long-gated then it was wide. You had the option of taking a booth or sitting up at the bar where you could see into the back room where the kitchen was. It was all open and there was a bell on top the door also one where the cook was to let the waitresses know the food was ready. They had something that many of the other stores didn't have. The glasses were always cold.. The cook walked to the front of the dinner and began. Also over to the right hand side there was a fire place with a perfect fire going to keep customers warm. Also, you notice that the waitresses are the prettiest little things you could find in Detroit .

"Welcome everyone my name is Enzo and I am the owner,  make sure to give your order my beautiful waitresses. So enjoy everyone." He walked back into the kitchen and began to cook the some food.

The menu was on the table as you pick it up it reads:

Spaghetti  $2

Pasta  $1.50

Pizza by the slice .75 cents

Cheeseburgers $1

Hamburger $.50

Any specialties you'd like $.05-$2

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

the twins, having been on the beer for the last few hours decide to get a munch to soak up the booze

'I'd like your special please, can you toast my baps??' asked Nadia

'I''ll toast your baps, hur hur hur' said Aidan, becoming a bigger dick by the day

Report Post Tip

Enzo looks over the twins lost at words not knowing how to respond he shrugged and let his waitress handle it. Enzo made his way to the office in the back sitting back taking a sip of the whiskey on his desk.

Report Post Tip

the twins take their order and head for the exit

'I'm sorry for my brother and any offence he may have caused, he is, as i'm sure you've guessed, a real dick'

Report Post Tip

Looking over the books at all the costs for just opening sitting at his desk smiling as he thinks they should be good for the start. 

His waitress just looked dumb founded as the twins left the dinner. She headed over to clean up some tables. 

Report Post Tip

Every time that Orko found his way to Detroit from Chicago he would always stop at a place to eat before the more important business began, all of the hustle and bustle of criminal activity did a real number on his gut and only a four-course meal could really help settle it down. That's why when he entered the 12th Street Dinner the very first thing to be done was to make an order of one of everything in the establishment.

The slice of pizza rolled in last while the burger was already nearly devoured, looking down at his plate all that Orko could do was chuckle at all of the spaghetti which was still left. You'd not think that one small creature could finish all of this, but packing it away for later like a camel was one of his special tricks.

"Oh, waiter. One more slice of pizza to go, please!"

Report Post Tip

Enzo made his way back out to the front to noticing Orko smiling, hearing him ask for some za to go. Enzo went and grabbed a slice of za putting it in a container to go. Smiling as he brought it up to him and spoke. 

"Here you go sir on the house for the slice. Thank you for your business." 

Report Post Tip

As I walked in, I could here the crackling of the fireplace. I walked up and looking at the menu, notice it was mostly, Italian food, aside from the hamburger. I wondered, would it really kill me, just this one time for a plate of spaghetti? Pasta does have a lot of sugar in it, but I will at least make sure to get it topped with marinara sauce, and not my real favorite, alfredo. I ordered a water as well, to stay hydrated too. Actually, I do not remember diet being discussed last time we trained. Maybe that comes later, or I have to ask. This sure was a nice atmosphere, cute little place in the Motor City. I paid for my order and followed the waitress to my table.

Report Post Tip

the squirrel god enters what looks to be a feasting hall and sits down at a plinth

'bring me a goat please, and a tankard of mead, my nuts are drying up over here'

Report Post Tip

Nodding politely at the other diners, Elle walks in and immediately heads into the back office where she finds Enzo nursing a drink.

"Full house out there, must be great food." Grinning, she picks up a letter opener from his desk.This would have gone more smoothly with a good paring, or even de-boning, knife from the kitchen, but you worked with what was available to you.

"We've been through some things, you and I." Resting a hip against his desk, she used the point of the letter opener to dig into the palm of her hand until blood was drawn. 

"You've been a steadfast crew member, Enzo, from the very start. Loyal, attentive, and true. It would be my pleasure to introduce you more formally into the crew, as a Made Man. Would you accept that offer?" 

Flipping the blade in the air, Elle caught it by the handle after the second rotation, then presented it towards its owner. If he chose to accept, Enzo would pierce his own palm, accept the handshake that mixed their blood into that of family, and walk out of the room as Solutions' newest Made Man. 

Report Post Tip

Smirking as he was sipping his drink seeing Elle walk into his office. Setting his glass down and standing up as his father had taught him to be respectful when your boss or someone higher status of you enters the room. 

"I am pleasantly surprised how some of ma's ol' recipes are ordered up quick, but yea we got ourselves full house." Watching her pick up the letter opener.

"That we have been through somethings." As she drove the letter opener into her hand. "Oh shit. You could have asked for something sharper." Raising his arm up and flicking his hand back, a blade appeared from his sleeve, showing her. As he moved his hand back the blade retracted into his sleeve. "But I get the sentiment." 

Enzo smiled at her as he took the envelope opener from her, she was pretty skilled with a 'knife'. Looking at the opener then back up to Elle, this must be that moment his buddy was talking about being Italian, and how one day you will make a tough choice. Enzo stuck his hand hard with the opener till it drew a good amount of blood. 

Taking her hand in a firm handshake with the bleeding hand and making sure to keep eye contact, "How can I say no to you Elle? Of course I accept. I got ideas too for more business opportunities for you as well." 

Report Post Tip

The squirrel god amused himself watching the mortal bipeds go about their business.  no laser bollocked shows for them, no sirree

'humanoid, where is my goat and mead?  my stomach thinks my throats been cut'

Report Post Tip

Peter was in a rush, he had places to be and people to see.   Some fast(ish) food would cover the extra calories that were necessary.

"A slice of pizza please" Peter said as he tossed a dollar onto the counter.

"Please keep the change, I'm in a rush."  He then grabbed his food and left the establishment to go on about his business.  

Report Post Tip

Fernando had a busy schedule ahead of him today so he figured he'd stop by 12th Street Dinner for a quick meal. He walked in and noticed that they had pizza, that was the perfect quick meal and best of all it didn't require knives or forks.

"I'd like four slices of pizza to go please."

He placed down a few dollars on the counter and smiled as he got his food rather quickly.

"Thank you."

He walks out and starts to eat as he walks, the pizza was wonderful he thought as he headed down the street.

Report Post Tip

There used to be a paper stand across the street from "12th Street Dinner"

Rembrant smokes a cigarette across the street from 12th Street Diner, she is standing at a paper stand.  Her eyes are covered with her sunglasses and she is looking at Fernando who is inside placing his order. 

Who is this guy, why is he always around?  First in LA at the boardwalk, then at the café in Philly, now in DT?!  

And always eating, this guy is always stuffing his face.  He is hiding something under that guise of gluttony.

She considers following but doesn't want to ruin another pair of heels.  

Reminded, She looks through the paper for a shoe repair shop.

"Hey Lady you buying dat or what, dis ain't a library" Lenny steps into Rembrant's space, his belly almost rubbing against her.  He smells like stale cigars, beer, and some urine.  

There used to be a paper stand, it was across the street from the "12th Street Dinner"

Report Post Tip

Fernando had just woken up, he quickly got dressed and left the hotel he was spending the night at. He made his way outside and jumped into a taxi, looking at the driver he cheekily smiles.

"Take me to somewhere they got decent food and step on it."

He was starving and the driver obliged as he pretty much just took him around the corner from where he got in and there was a restaurant for him. He paid the cab driver generously before walking into 12th Street Dinner.

As he walked in he quickly sat down at a open table as he picked up a menu, he spotted what he wanted instantly.

"I'd like a large serving of spaghetti and a glass of water please."

He sits there excited as it had been a while since he had some decent spaghetti, hopefully it would live up to his expectations.

Report Post Tip

the squirrel god re enters 12th street diner and demands to be seen to

'BRING ME MEAD AND NUTTY CONFECTIONS! errrrrr and do you have anything for piles?  the bark on these earth trees is fucking killing me'

Report Post Tip

The cab came to a halt across the street from 12th Street Diner

"That's the place, right there" said the driver, pointing. "You want I should turn it around and drop you right out front?"

"No, no, here is just fine" said Eggs pulling a bill from his roll and handing it to the driver, "keep the change".

He folded his newspaper one more time to make it easier to tuck under his arm while he lit a cigarette. Shaking one up from the pack he noticed it was considerably less full than he realised. "Rats! Why the hell doesn't someone put a newspaper stand here? It's right outside a diner, the perfect location". There was a drugstore though, that would be fine, and he needed to make a call anyway.

Stepping out from the drugstore he checked his watch. He was still half an hour early, but that would be fine. Crossing the street Eggs paused as he entered the diner, removing his hat. Looking around he noticed a booth near the back, that would be perfect.

"Mind if I take that one?" Eggs said to the waitress, pointing with his hat at his selected booth

"Knock yourself out sugar, I'll be there in a jiffy to get your order" came the reply.

Eggs sat with his back to the wall, facing the door, he'd see anyone entering or leaving, this was a good spot.

After ordering some food Eggs unfolded his newspaper and sat back, waiting for the contact to arrive.

Report Post Tip

Finishing his third cup of coffee Eggs checked his watch. This guy was half an hour late, he'd been here an hour, something must be wrong.

Deciding this meeting wasn't happening Eggs was about to request the check when a young guy walked in, kind of preppy lookin', quickly scanned the room and made for his table as soon as his eyes settled on Eggs.

He sat, somewhat breathless and sweating. "Mr Benedict?"

Eggs looked up from his paper, "Nah, you got the wrong guy Kid" he said in a distinterested way before looking back to the sports pages.

"Only you look like the man I was told to find, I'm with Bobbie.... err, Mr Bianchi"

This wasn't right, why was BeeBee not here? Why was this kid here? Who the hell was this kid? Eggs looked at him, he was wearing a sports jacket, this was definitely not right.

"What time were you supposed to meet him? I've been here a while and you look like you're late, maybe I saw him leave?"

"Did you see him leave?"

"Maybe. What was the message?"

He seemed a little unsure but he carried on anyway, "Well, he said he's real sorry, something came up, change of plans, and I'm to find out what hotel Mr Benedict is staying in so Bobbie... I did it again, Mr Bianchi, can call him later to make other arrangements".

Why was he calling him Bobbie? Everyone called him BeeBee. OK, he was Roberto, which used to be shortened to Bobbie, but with the initials BB Bobbie had quickly become BeeBee amongst his 'friends'.

"Yeah, well, that's a real shame Kid, you remembered all that but it looks like the guy you want ain't here. But look, I been round the block a few times, I think if the guy you're lookin' for has been stood up he'll probably call your boss later, that's how these thing usually work out".

Eggs folded his newspaper, picked up his hat, and walked to the counter. Placing a bill there he nodded towards it

"Somethin's come up, I gotta run, this should cover it"

Stepping outside Eggs paused to light another cigarette, this really didn't add up, he needed to find out what was up with BeeBee, he was about to cross the street to the drug store again to make a call, but he turned and saw the preppy guy had switched the to seat he had been in, his eyes moving between him and two guys standing on the corner trying to blend in. So, time to go.

Eggs whistled, then shouted "Taxi!"

They didn't look like wiseguys, which could only mean one thing. Feds.

Report Post Tip

Fernando was sitting in 12th Street Dinner eating his spaghetti and kinda making slurping sounds with it as some people did when they ate spaghetti, this one smaller fella a table over was giving him a dirty look so he gave him one back. The man got up and left, clearly he got spooked by Fernando's presence and stature. He continued eating and a couple of seconds later he had cleared his plate. He reached for his wallet and placed down a 20 dollar bill for the food and some for a tip, then got up and walked towards the exit. Stopping to thank the waitress.

"Thanks for a good meal, I hope you have a great day miss, I'm stuffed."

He gave her a smile as he walked out the door before getting into a cab.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: 12th Street Dinner.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL