Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 23:35:56
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
NFL Draft Night! Started by: Wayne on Apr 29, '21 22:15

Tonight is the night kiddos! In just under two hours, the NFL draft commences in the beautiful and not at all smelly city of Cleveland OHIO. It's fucking cold and rainy but at least we got a cool event.

So, I want to know your predictions for the draft. 

Biggest sleeper? Biggest shock pick? Best player in 5 years? Most overrated?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

No idea how its gonna go especially with Rodgers announcing he wants a trade now! I'm excited though I'm on my way to a bar to watch it with some buddies before our state closes back down tomorrow! Yay covid

Report Post Tip

Im super pumped myself, ready to see what the Dolphins are going to do with all of their picks, and how this season is going to go for us. JohnnyLawrence that is an interesting fact, this will be the another franchise long term QB that won't retire with their teams, but definitely going to be interesting.

Report Post Tip

I worked in Downtown Cleveland for several years.  It is one of the nicest cities in the country.  That's a fact. The days of rivers catching on fire and the smell of sulfur in the air are decades behind us. That being said, I am a huge NFL fan but I do not pay much attention to the players drafted, since it is about a 50/50 chance, at best, that they will live up to expectations.  I prefer to get players through free agency, when you know what you're getting.  For the draft, I believe it is more important to add depth in positions that are weak.  The biggest mistake a team can make is taking a QB with the #1 pick. I mean, other than Peyton Manning, when is the last time that paid off in recent history?

Report Post Tip
I'm not sure what the bid hipe is. It seems like a silly sport to me (from a girls stand point).

I know its a multi billion dollar game but really how don't know why.

To me it seems a little homo erotic.
Grown men chasing other men and wrestling each other to the ground over a ball. While they are all wearing tights.... how gay is that really.

And then don't get me started on fantasy football...OMG a bunch more men who fantasize over their prefect dream team.
Report Post Tip

My thoughts are with anyone who hates reckless speculation today.  There have been a few Qb's that have worked out recently.  One that may have been overlooked,  Pat Mahomes.  That being said,  it is a crap shoot.  One of my most favorite days of the NFL season.   

Report Post Tip

For the first time in my time watching the Browns don't need shit and are picking way late. Sheeesh. So ready for next year. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Gonna be a fee years till we know who is a guy and who is a bust I think this 1st rouns has abou seven through ten guys whk I think will be all pro pro bowlers ECT ECT but most will end up hurt and washed out or just suck
Report Post Tip

Biggest surprise so far has to be the Raiders reaching almost a full round ahead for Alex Leatherwood. I mean, if you can get your guy, get him, but if it's basically a given you could get him 10 picks later, why not trade back and horde more capital? Classic Raiders reallly.

Another one is the 49ers taking Lance at 3rd overall. I get they are super high on him, I just don't see the sense in trading up like they did for an FCS player with that high of a risk/reward.

Report Post Tip

I'm interested to see how Trey Lance, the new quarterback for the 49ers is going to work out. He's fast on his feet, which isn't the typical type of quarterback the 49ers are used to.

I was reading an article about the 49ers missing out by not picking up Mac Jones as a QB, someone who is accurate with a strong throwing arm, the type of quarterback the 49ers have always had.

In my opinion, someone more composed behind the pocket, that takes time to throw the ball accurately, would be less likely to get injured or throw an interception compared to someone who would probably take almost every opportunity to run the ball, to impress his coach or throw on the run and end up throwing an interception.

I don't think the 49ers learned their lesson with Colin Kaepernick.

Report Post Tip

Thanks goes to the Raiders for the big reach of the draft.  Taking Leatherwood allowed Darrisaw to fall to the Vikings.  Like to see that the Vikes drafted for a qb of the future possibly.  If Mond can play will save some room on that cap in a couple years. 

Report Post Tip
Raiders floundered with their pick, in my opinion. They have a history of poor choices on the offensive line.
Report Post Tip
I completely forgot to watch but was receiving alerts. I'll need to dig deeper but I guess Oakland messed up from the other replies? I haven't done my research but I'm definitely following. It didn't seem like they had any star athletes in the draft this year, no?
Report Post Tip

It's a fairly loaded class as far as star athletes go. The first round had what, 5 QBs and 5 WRs go? Several good looking corners and linebackers as well. The Raiders went Offensive line, which was good, but they took a player who was ranked in the second round. In the end, the rankings don't mean shit, he could turn out to be the best player drafted, it's just the Raiders we'll get shit for it until he develops.

Report Post Tip

Justin is cracked at football my guy. He's gonna be the best QB from this draft without a doubt.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
People are sleep on Kyle trask to the bucs and Greg Rousseau to the bills and it’s fucked up my boy Dylan Moses went undrafted
Report Post Tip

Mac Fucking Jones. The next Tom Brady! at least we can hope! He is a good college QB, let's see if that translates to the NFL Field! Cam will start the season and depending on how fast Mac can progress will depend if he takes over mid season, or next.

Report Post Tip

I dunno Joyner, if Mac learns the playbook quick enough, I could see him stealing the job from Cam earlier than that. Two TE sets and a bruising running game would seem to be more of a match for Mac than Cam, either way. I could foresee a very short leash for Cam.

Report Post Tip
One of the things I really like about the draft is watching the kids get the calls from the teams. Shows a whole different element to the players and how excited they are just to be given the chance.
Report Post Tip

The Houston Texans are the worst franchise in the NFL currently.

Worse than the Browns even.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: NFL Draft Night!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL