Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 03:57:05
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Chicago Summertime Block Party Started by: Olivia on May 16, '21 11:19

If New York was the city that never sleeps, Chicago was the city that never shut up. With expansions happening every day, and changes coming now that the Depression was nearing an end, it was time for the city to celebrate and enjoy what they had and the future might hold. A beautiful day in May, brilliantly blue skies dotted with a few pure white clouds. The sun was shining, there was a slight breeze, and the sounds of the music that only this city could make floated through the air. Today was a day of celebration, as Winter was finally over and they had survived another grim season of cold snows and grey skies. 

The families of Chicago had gotten together, deciding that everyone had been cooped up inside for too long. The speakeasies were dark, full of smoke and everyone had a slight pallor of sickness to them and needed a bit of fresh air and sunshine to bring them back to life. This is where the plan set into motion. Saanvi & JoynerLucas worked with some of their more entrepreneurial family members to help pull the party together. The end result had been set up in Grant Park with Lakeshore drive closed off, so the beach could also be utilized. 

Tables and chairs littered the grass, for people to sit and chat and get to know one another. With the street blocked off, people could easily cross to the beach of Lake Michigan where a Tiki bar of sorts had been set up, as well as a large bonfire for when the sun finally went down. There were chess tables, beanbag games, grossly oversized board games, a sporting net on the beach, and everything in between. Help had been hired to walk around serving drinks and food to those who wished it, although tables had been set up at various points in the park to help yourself to the food. Grogu and Orko had managed to go around to the food vendors of the city and with a small payment convince them to set up in the park today. So the smell of hot dogs, sugared almonds, popcorn, and other street food wafted through the air. 

And it wouldn't be Chicago without music, and so Biba and Konstantin had been tasked with exploring the hot spots of the nightlife of the city and finding the best blues and jazz musicians, and also several up and coming. The stage in Grant Park was booked solid for the 12-hour event, with some new groups forming, with some classics, but regardless of what was played or who was on the stage, the love and passion were heard, and the result was astonishing. 

Olivia was one of the first people to get to the event, dragging Dihajh towards the stage. It was early yet, and not many people had shown up. But she knew once word got out about the event that Chicago was hosting, she knew people would come. Like that pretty lady Velvet who bought her ice cream. And that weird little creature Ratatoskr and not to mention the funny Pilot who said stuff she didn't understand PilotPhil and his fancy hat. She knew Mr. Bear would be here soon, although he often slept in because who was going to wake him, certainly not her. 

The band on stage was warming up, and Olivia gave a wave yelling "Hello!" to them before she started dancing to their slightly off-key notes, and random chords and scales. "Today is going to be amazing!" she said to Mister Dean, her face flushed with excitement and pure joy. She spotted a table with cakes and with a scream of happiness, dashed off towards it to see if any of those special Pastries Saanvi had made for her were there. 

Report Post Tips: 68 / Total: $1,360,000 Tip

Dragging his suitcase behind him hardon heard what sounded like a distressed cat calling for help......this disturbed him it was to the day he lost poor dinky doo his gorgeous if not overly loyal cat.....he sighed deep remembering the good old days and how much he missed her....he needed a drink and fast and to....dispose of some of this weight in the bloody suitcase passed on from his mother....in the air he caught a wiff of cakes? Could it be cakes....? He wandered over to see bunting and a few people gathered around tables and noticed the reason for the distressed cat noises on the stage, all seemed friendly - this was nice after a long day with the case, he was hoping all that people were noticing was the case....just the case please just for once....he needed a drink and to rest his legs so wandered in...

Hi I am so needing a drink and somewhere to rest these....legs....could I get an anything please on the rocks....or is this a private party if so my apologies...

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

Saanvi woke up after tossing and turning all night. It was an exciting day. @Olivia had organized a party and everyone was invited. In her dreams, Saanvi had seen a downpour that ended the party early. She got up quickly and opened her curtains and looked out.

The weather was beautiful. A brilliantly blue skies with some clouds. As always, Saanvi looked at the clouds to see if she could detect anything in them of a pattern, a face, or an animal. It could be an optical illusion, but Saanvi really saw a cloud in the shape of a heart. This was a good precursor and Saanvi put on her best dress and went to Grand Park with Herbert.

Once there, she saw that Olivia was already mobilizing and directing everyone to their tasks that day. A number of people had also arrived who were having a drink. She saw Ariana and Bryan- standing by the ice bar. She greeted them with a big smile.

Ahead she saw CO6PTerek and Elara play a game of chess. It all looked very nice. Everyone was laughing.

Saanvi walked over to Olivia and hugged her.

"Thank you dear for this organization. I hope that many people will come and that we can create fun on this beautiful summer day."

Continuing further, she watched the preparations for the music event. She was very curious about the musical talents of Biba and Konstantin.

Saanvi walked on to her own table where she handed out delicious pastries.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Dokuhebi had just lit his favorite cigarette brand and puffed it while covering his eyes from the sun.

In front of him there was four bodybags, or kind of bodybags. All that mattered was simply that the bodies would never be found. Everything was set, Dikuhebi had hired an coment truck to finish the new building's fundation. Happily the sun would help drying the cement a little faster. Those bodies belonged to a rival gang on the outskirts of Chicago and Dokuhebi had just killed the last members.

While still blocking the sun with his hands, Dokuhebi sudenly remembered the Chicago Families were hosting a party Downtown. Quickly he throwed his cigarette in the soil and stomped on it while vesting his suit.

"Mayumi! Run back to your car and take my package that just arrived at the Post Office today. Leave it inside my car and you are good to go!"Dokuhebi then proceeded to fast walk toward his car.

The package was sent from Japan and it had marked "Raigyo Ichizoku" as Sender. It was Dokuhebi's central Yakuza Clan office, located on Tokyo.

These small packages were expected to arrive every week and contained a extremely rare type of plant, known only to grow in Japan, at the base of a specific waterfall.

Dokuhebi was one hell of an Tea addict and the plant had the best flavor, aroma and relaxing properties on the world.

Already at his car, Dokuhebi proceed to quickly open the package and put the dried flowers inside of a giant mug he always carried with him. It was a really really big mug. Like a gardener pot, but bigger. He then proceeded to open a sealed bottle with hot water, recently boiled on his house.

Finally pouring the hot water, the smell quickly filled the car. It was time to hit the gas.

Dokuhebi drove an Bugatti Type 57SC, all black, and could make it to the party in just ten minutes. If there were no traffick.

There were traffick.

There were a ginat traffick.

Dokuhebi never liked to miss appointments, specially if it was an party held by the leaders of Chicago. Only one thing could be done.

Dokuhebi gave a sip on his giant tea mug and started to accelerate his car.

VROOM!!! VROOM!!!

Dokuhebi then released the break and speeded all along the avenue, cutting the traffick as a maniac, even along the sidewalk, honking and cursing at people and shooting his gun upwards, OCCASIONALLY.

At the last five hundred meters Dokuhebi managed to hit his car on a street lamp, spilling his hot tea all over his suit, slightly burning his groin area.

"FOR FUC*S SAKE!!!! THIS BURNS LIKE A MOTHERFUC*ER!!!!" - Dokuhebi steps out of his car.

Still in pain, he proceeded to holster his Model-26 revolver and grab his cigarette package and lighter.

Puffing his cigarette, he grabbed his giant mug and started to limp toward the party.

Few meters after, Dokuhebi was intercepted by a police car that suddenly stopped, blocking his path. It was certainly a new cop looking for trouble. In Chicago no police officer dared to mess with the mafiosi, specially a Right-Hand-Man to a Godfather.

But for his surprise, it wasn't a police officer. It was Badboy who had just stolen the police car so he could also attend to the part.

Oh well, i wasn't expecting to see you in a police car, specially driving it. But to hell with it, hit the gas, and turn the siren on, we on a hurry!

Badboy hit the gas and proceeds to open the traffick with the siren.

Dokuhebi speaks.

"So, i see you are excited for the party. First thing i want to do is simply jumping in the sea. The sun is spectacular and one or seventeen drinks would fit ok. What can i do? I spilled my tea! - Dokuhebi puffs his cigarette. How about you Badboy?"

After a couple more meters they arrive at the party.

It was more like a parade or a mard grass kind of party. There were a million options to enjoy the sunny day. It was just perfetct.

After admiring the party, both Dokuhebi and Badboy proceeded to the nearest bar, but before reaching it, they manage to recognize a lot of famous faces around. Olivia at the stage, PilotPhil near stage crowd playing with his paper plane, @COP6Terek and Elara Playing GIANT chess, Saanvi, our Godmother - Chairman, and a few other mobsters around.

The day had just started!!!

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

Badger heard the horn blow signaling the end of another long shift in an endless succession of weeks.  Putting away his factory provided tools, the grizzled worker grabbed his empty lunch box and began his nightly trudge toward the simple apartment he called “home”.  As happened every night, his thoughts wandered to the fragments of his past that hadn’t been wiped away in the accident many years before.  It was all he had left and he would never openly admit it, but he was terrified he might even lose that if he ever relaxed his focus on those memories.

As if the sound caused a fog to dissipate, the music in the distant began to transform from simple noise to a beautiful melody.  Something was different and that was a change in pace he wasn’t sure if he was prepared for after a long day.  As he rounded the corner, it was if we walked into a different world.  Gone were the shadows in every corner alone with individuals avoiding eye contact, keeping their gaze to the ground to avoid any type of personal interaction.  Glorious music filled the air along with truly guttural long withheld laughter.  The streets were filled with energy as Chicagoans were genuinely enjoying their evening and time with others.  

Badger felt something stir inside as the energy of the night was slowly being absorbed.  Then he saw a happy power couple from one of the prominent families playing a game of chess and laughing at some unknown conversation only shared intimately between them.  He had crossed paths with @CO6PTerek and Elara briefly at a recent family function, but gone were the serious scowls and no nonsense air, now replaced with smiles and laughter.  But there was something about the beautiful LHM that tugged at long lost memories forcing him to not look away.

Badger found a seat on the corner of a planter at the edge of the park where he could watch the happy couple along with all the activity of the emerging city.  He hadn’t realized how withdrawn he had become.   The energy of the night was intoxicating as he just took in everything, emotionally moving from the initial panic and slowly becoming a long missing excitement for his new life in Chicago. 

Glancing one more time at Elara, he made a promise to himself that he would introduce himself at some point in the future, but not tonight.  Looking down at his dirty stained hands and filthy clothes, he knew he was outclassed but in the back of his mind, he believed she somehow held a key to some of his missing memories.  A long time missing smile formed across his lips as he felt more alive than he had in years.  He needed Chicago and hoped he could repay the debt.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Lhyrra made her way down the street, eyes focusing on the ground in front of her as her mind was deep in thought. Passing by a couple of boisterous ladies, she overheard the banter of a party between giggles and cigarette smoke. 'A Party..?' She thought. Stopping her walk, she pivoted and began following them at a safe distance, curious as to what or who would be having a party and this time of day. As she followed, she soon caught the smell of cakes and other pastries along with other tantalizing smells that made her eyes widen slightly. Her eyes soon fell upon people laughing, gathering around tables, cheering at games and sipping at their drinks. 'It really is a party..' she thought to herself as she smoothed a hand over her lavender dress and adjusted her hat. She didn't know many people in the city and wondered if she should stay but the joyous voices and overall happiness brought a smile of her own to her lips. "Why the hell not" she muttered under her breath as she proceeded forward to a table for a cool drink. "Cheers!" She spoke cheerfully to the server and she turned to watch the many people gathering, unsure of what to do next or where to go she simply idled and enjoyed the feeling of carefreeness. "A beautiful day indeed..." she said aloud and smiled.

Word was there was a huge block party going on. All of the Chicago people were probably going to make an appearance, most of whom I had not met ever. They probably did not know who I was or that I was alive. Do I even consider attending a party where all these people are attending just so I can make an idiot out of myself? 

​​​​Then I thought, there will be alcohol and such there, so maybe I am reading into this too much, maybe I can relax a little. I am sure there will be guys from my crew as well going, so I should be okay. I will just find one of them to start with. I see Badger, and I go up to him,  as I arrive at the party, seeing everything, and anything a person could want. There were already a lot of people here already, so more than likely, not many I would know. Well, here goes.....

While partying with each other was all well and good, there was one thing that every summer festivity needed that had been sorely overlooked so far. So with that in mind, Orko quickly shuffled away from the guests and deftly worked his way behind one of the local buildings where a seedy-looking man stood holding an oversized bag.

"Do you have it?"

"Yes, I've got the good stuff straight from China. These things pack a major punch so make sure no one is around, not even yourself. It's very important that you... "

Once the fireworks were in his view, Orko had stopped listening to what the man was saying and dozed off into a world of imagination. Large, powerful bursts of color would fill the night sky with splendor and everyone in Chicago would know that the proud Capo Orko had brought them this delight-- he was surely going to be the talk of the city, and with that vision in mind, he handed the salesman a large stack of cash and was on his merry way.

"Pssssst. Psssssssssssssst Grogu, come here. Psssssssssssssst. Can you hear me? Pssssssssssssst.", speaking a bit louder than he had hoped, a few of the men and women at the party were now staring directly at the tiny man who was draped in all black in such a way as to camouflage himself in the dark back alley that he was standing awkwardly inside.

Once Grogu realized that they were being called, they walked over to the alley and their eyes glossed over a bit with disappointment or maybe confusion. Orko could never tell, but right now all that he needed them to do was light a few fuses and run; it was a simple enough task, and once both of them began to set fire to the fuses there would be only a couple of seconds to escape.

tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The sound was a bit concerning, but Orko wouldn't have to worry about it once he scuttled off. Which was going to be his next step, until he realized that the long black robes he was using to be sneaky had gotten caught on a nail protruding from one of the buildings in the alley. Luckily he had a few tricks up his sleeve, and pulling a water bottle from his hat he started frantically spraying at the wicks that were burning down in what felt to be slow motion as he couldn't possibly get them all out in time.

"HEEEEEEEEEEEELP HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP."

Bang. Pop. Booooom.

If he were a human, at this point his life would be flashing before his eyes, but instead, he flew up much higher than he was comfortable with and what would have been a spectacular spectacle in the night's sky was barely visible thanks to it still being midday. All you could hear were the yelps and cries of a man receiving third-degree burns and the loud pops of the fireworks that were giving them to him.

Thanks to a few miscalculations, Orko would not be putting on the show that he had intended, but at least it was still a show, and hopefully, one that everyone would soon forget.

The day had finally arrived for the highly anticipated Chicago Block Party. It was important not only to be there but to look the part now that Ariana had been promoted to Consigliere. Ariana looked out the window of her modest apartment, was pleasantly surprised that for once the "Windy City" was not so windy and that the sun was trying its damnest to win its battle with the clouds. Today called for a suit, cream linen with a blood red sweetheart neck blouse to match her favourite red stilettos that made every woman envious.

As she walked the short distance from her place to the party, she regretted not organising a driver as her heels were already starting to rub. No sooner as she arrived and scoured for a familiar face, she spotted her friend Bryan- at a bar ordering a drink. 

"I'll have a bourbon on the rocks." she interrupted as Bryan was ordering his drink. Bryan turned and flashed a smile.

As they moved to a table, Ariana looked round at the fantastic set up and knew this was going to be a party to remember. Few people were there but one in particular peaked her curiosity. She watched carefully and after a few minutes, nudged Bryan. "Don't look now, there is a strange looking man at the table behind you that keeps opening a suitcase and putting food inside it."

At that precise moment Saanvi arrived looking as usual a million dollars as any Godmother should. Ariana stood up to go over and greet her as she noticed the man with the suitcase also stand to do likewise....

Hardon sat quietly in the corner with his something on the rocks and watched as more people arrived and hugs and smiles were exchanged all around the place....he was feeling the vibe this was going to be a great day, maybe it was the booze playing games again with him....god dam his father and his alcoholic ways that lead to him loosing a poker bet meaning his first born could be named anything the winners decided....he would do things differently he was sure of it, or was he....bloody booze, he decides to have another just to be sure he has the plan right...

My good sir another thingi thing on the rocks please, in fact make it a double, also could you move me please to a table closer to the stage and others but please don't introduce me by name.....

Hardon gets the nod on the drink and a table move and breathes easy again whilst slowly slipping another pastry into the suitcase hoping no one notices....she gets hungry around this time of day it helps as it coincides with his longing and need for a stiff.....drink or 17....at the same moment he sees Saanvi enter and the whole room is captivated and a respectful calm follows, he knows he can do this....just to say hello if she might spare him the time of a glance in response.....he wanted this so badly however was more than aware of the crumbs on his lap from multiple feedings inside the suitcase, the lack of drink having yet to arrive and his bloody well name as always...he takes a deep breath and stands as pieces of pastry and cake fall to floor, takes off his hat and removes the hidden cake from it before tipping his head and a quiet hello to Saanvi. He hopes the request to move closer to stage won't be an issue with his suitcase requirements as well she is a cruel mistress but its a codependant need now, where he goes so does that bloody name and the case his mother made him hide his secret in.....and finally the drink arrives and is gone in one gulp he waits with anxiety and thingi thing on the rocks pulsing through his veins noticing that the suitcase was no longer exactly stationary anymore on the floor and did a final brush off of crumbs....

It was a wonderful day in Chicago. Crews were up and running and business was booming, Admiral was pleased with the progress the city had made over de past couple of weeks. In fact, business was so good, it was time for some festivities. That's when Admiral received a call from his dear friend Olivia - she had the splendid idea of organizing a festival for the entire city. After Admiral had wrapped up things at the headquarters and he headed over to 'The Chicago Summertime Blockparty'.

As soon as Admiral Arrived he saw many friendly faces in the crowd. Not only that - even Godmother Saanvi had made an appearance at the party. It was simply great to see everyone enjoying themselves after weeks of hard work.

Admiral walked up to the nearest bartender and asked. I would like one of your finest whiskey's - no ice. Thank you. 

The bartender quickly fixed Admiral his drink and the party was ready to start for him. Life was good, Admiral thought to himself as he lit a cigar and nipped his whiskey. 

The Squirrel God came upon this gathering of merry making and was pleased

'Yes peons! yes! worship me and celebrate my greatness'

The Verminous deity found Olivia and whispered

'do you have that thing you call pie?  I've become quite partial to it'

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

As Bryan arrived with his black suit and slicked back hair. He notices familiar faces attending the party. The Godfathers, Godmothers, crew leaders, the uppers, the capos, the soldiers and the associates are mostly present.

" Well its going to be party to remember for sure", as he walks to the bar to order some drinks and greeting everyone along the way.

Before he even finished ordering his drink, he heard a familiar voice of Ariana interrupting.

" Well, well, looks who's here. And wow that red sweetheart neck blouse and red stilettos will sure made some women envy of you. And yeah lets get some whiskey then.

After getting a table and having a few sips and sharing about the day, he notices she keeps looking behind him. After a few minutes, She almost like whispering as she tell him about a strange looking man that keeps opening a briefcase and putting a food inside. Out of curiosity he looks anyway. But right at the moment, Godmother Saanvi arrived.

"Come lets greet our Godmother." as Ariana stand and heads towards their beloved Godmother. He follows her along to greet the Godmother. As he keeps his eyes on the strange looking man, who also stand to do likewise.

With a little giggle, she lowered a hand for Ratatoskr to hop on so she could put him in his usual spot, on her shoulder. "I don't know if there is any pie," she said to the creature looking around, "But I bet if we were to look we would be able to find some!" she motioned for him to hurry up. 

Looking around she blinked in surprise, apparently, while she had been dancing, everyone had showed up and they appeared to be having a very good time. "Oh, I do like when a plan comes together," she said to no one in particular. "Mista Dean!" she said loudly, waving her arms at her babysitter and Mr. Rodger her bodyguard, "The tiny fury God is on child duty," she giggled at duty before turning and scampering away, a bit like a squirrel, oddly. 

Report Post Tip

fury? child? care? what the hell had this small humanoid done to him?  The squirrel god hadn't felt this helpless since Thor gave him a chinese burn, the wanker

'wait, what am I supposed to do with these...............things? and where is my pie?'

Report Post Tip

"What things?" she asked Ratatoskr yet again wishing his name was shorter, easier to spell and slightly more American. Like Frank. Or Rodger. Or Dylan. Nothing wrong with a nice Kevin or Scott, either. She sighed, lost in her own thoughts for a moment before realizing the creature had asked her a question, "Oh you just have to beat up anyone who makes me sad or tries to hurt me, ok?" she said, trying to see him from the corner of her eye but not quite being able too without turning her head. 

Report Post Tip

'I see, so basically bring my squirrely god wrath upon any who wish you harm? This I can do.  Now, convey me to the pie stand and i shall treat us both, then i'd like to try this thing you call dancing'

The squirrel god looked out for potential threats and wondered where her bear had gotten to.

Fernando showed up fashionably late to the park, he noticed a few people dancing and everyone seemed to have a great time. He sat down up against a tree in the back enjoying the music, but sooner or later he would make his way over to the bar for a drink. But right now he was happy just enjoying the music and watching people enjoy themselves from a his cozy spot under the tree.

Report Post Tip

Her eyes as wide as saucepans glancing around with how many people have turned up to an over-sized get together with music echoing the streets followed by loud chatter of those slightly under the table such as Dihajh singing way out of tune, a smile errupts from her face as she jogs less than lady like towards the crowd of people

"Olivia! did you organize all this?!" chuckling as she looked around in awe 

Report Post Tip

She had been on a mission to get pies when a familiar voice stopped her, turning around and grinning she gave a clumsy curtsy to Velvet before nodding her head. "A bit, but I did have lots of adults helping me." she said to the woman. "Oh!" she exclaimed before pointing to Ratatoskr on her shoulder, "This is Ratty! He says he's a god, but he's quite cute right?" her mirth could not be contained and she started laughing, knowing somehow that this small creature would take offense. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Chicago Summertime Block Party
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL