Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 03:01:56
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
MA - What are your mugging principles? Started by: Nova on May 24, '21 16:25

I felt the need for another Muggers Anonymous meeting, you see from time to time we all need to gather with like minded people and discuss what  it is that we practice.
I have found that while muggers all share the love and excitement of mugging people who set themselves up to be mugged, there are varying principles among muggers.  

Do you only  mug certain pickpockets? Do you mug them all?  Do you mug  if they try to bribe you not to mug?  Do  you mug all ranks within   thing of ours?   Each mugger has different principles that guide them through their mugging career.

Sometimes I mug and sometimes I don't. This depends on several factors. Such as am I in the middle of eating? I won't disrupt a meal for a mugging. I just like my bacon mc muffins too much.  I will mug regardless if the offender tries to bribe or not, and if you try to bribe you won't get your bribe back. So don't whine at me asking for it back. No self respecting mafioso takes a bribe for anything.  I make it a practice to not mug Upper Structure, not because of the people that hold the position, but because I have respect for the rank its self. I do have to say though that my bloodline has had a few falls from grace on this one, but  we have always  made compensation for the rush to beat down someone and the lack of observation they had the time.  

So what are your principals? 

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

My principle has always been stick to what my rank can handle.

If I outrank someone in this thing of ours (and they're not a hand) then I believe I'm well within my right to mug someone. I would never be below Made and mug a person who has earned their button, and I would never be a Capo trying to mug a Boss or Don.

I think it is important to remember that this thing of ours has a strict structure and one that should be respected, even if in modern day those old principles are largely overlooked.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Thank you for you  stepping  up and sharing with the group.  Like I said all muggers have different principals, this not about judging each other. It is about sharing what we practice.  

Besides you never know when a new muggers is going to come along and wants to explore the different mugging practices. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Anthony-Casso I am totally with you on this one. There are rules as such and then there is common sense and then there is the thrill and challenge of this crazy thing we call a world. It is as Anthiny describes for me - do the maths....work out rank, hand or not, do you know them, what does their profile say, have they done it before, what city are you in etc....

Totally agree with you Nova no bribes to make it go away, you choose your actions and wait on the reaction as it is delivered or not. Nice topic to bring to the masses! 

Report Post Tip

Bribes = giving money back to be clear....or more on top to 'compensate' 

Report Post Tip

Thank you for sharing with the group hardon-withasuitcase. 

Thank you for the compliment also , you see I believe this:  If the  Generals don't like the way their soldiers are  operating, then the best call to action is to reassess the way they are leading.    So it is discussion like this one we are having in  the Muggers Anonymous meeting that helps move toward that end. 

I see it far too often new bloodlines come here and they are expected to know it all, like it is just supposed to be  second nature because they are here, or the leadership doesn't believe new bloodlines come to these shores and assumes everyone understands these things.  This is why no one  taught my bloodline anything about "the way things work". 

Will I change how I mug , no I won't.  See the threat of being killed means nothing in this world when you are no one in this world. 

Like I said this is not about chastising people because they don't mug according to your principles. If they don't then it is because the principle was never taught, that is on the backs of the teacher not the student. 

Report Post Tip

Nova your point is reflected in the city rules, I read of times in journals were city rules on sticking your hand in someone's pocket was explained clearly in consequence. Read the rules and as you say do or die - or both as you seem to hope. City rules are essentially up to you...

It is a fair comment to say those unwritten passed down understandings of what is ok or not is lost sometimes or assumptions made that if you have parents / grandparents etc fallen you know....the fact is it is an unknown...it is a risk.....for some that is the attraction. 

I had a situation in the street a few days ago and I think it goes beyond the obvious here too you can gain so much information from how you carry yourself, someone put their hands in my pockets and took a flight.....lower rank and I was not a hand at the time, message them sort of nicely to say oi - got cheeky replies back....guess what list they go on - naughty or nice....two can play that particular game. Do the maths people....if you fuck up say so or shut up and accept any consequences. Simples.

Report Post Tip

Okay it is my fault I am a cunt and I don't understand anything.  I deserve to be called a whore indirectly or directly, because the person out ranked me.

I don't care if you out rank someone in this thing  it doesn't mean you can be as disrespectful to them as you want and they have to take it. That is abuse of rank. 

It means you are setting an example because you are leadership, so  I guess you are setting  an example here. 

Thank you for the clarification.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

"Nova I think you are taking the payback a bit too personally. I think it's more of a kind gesture to pay someone back for the inconvenience and sometimes startling moment you slide into their pockets. For example, I pickpocket many people during the day and each one I send 50k-100k back depending on rank, who they are, and where they're from. It isn't because I think they are some cheap whore. It is a thank you for letting me use them for a moment to up my skills." Elara smiles.

"I highly doubt anyone would want to slide into the pockets of a whore." Elara stopped for a moment and grimaced at the mental image. "either way good luck out there."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Interesting take Nova I was not a hand at the time....I did out rank and I wear my information on sticking hands in my pockets clearly....it is actually that simple.

It was you that alluded that maybe you hadn't had a bloodline that understood the finer details not me....

I love your direct approach in the streets it adds something that many feel is lost or forgotten so respect for that. No need in this case to be so defensive - I was actually agreeing with you. I also don't believe at any point I have been disrespectful. Sir I am glad you open what is a controversial topic - I have had my say and I will bow out....

I'm sure if others speak you will get a spectrum of positions on this, I hope they do. I will listen quietly from the sidelines. 

Report Post Tip

I dont care if you outrank someone in this thinthing 

Now normaly I'll agree as I think ranks are just  titles most people dont earn especially Don or Godfather title.  However as a new player this type of mentality is terrible to operate with. The game is all about connection's and who you know,  not what you can do. Reacting that way over a mugging can stick with you for a while. Be open to making mistakes be open to being wrong. I can guarantee you in most cases you are.   

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Not sure what I've walked in on here, but I have yet to be called a whore for mugging or picking anyones pocket.

Report Post Tip

wonders if secretly Fernando wantsto be called it.....from the sidelines......

I mean there's a first time for everything right hardon-withasuitcase lol.

Report Post Tip

Ohhhhh yep first times, now there is a street topic for the having - so to speak.....LOL

Report Post Tip

"If you'd like Fernando I can call you a whore..." Elara thinks for a moment. "wait on second thought...yikes"

He stands there wondering what can of worms he just opened. "That would be hilarious, but I'd probably second guess my outfit if you did."

Swagg walks into this weird and Troubling speech about “ principles”  .  Swagg begins to think to himself “ is this  Déjà vu”?   “ I swear I spoke out at this speech it seems the gods are trying to mute me ? Maybe I’m going crazy but anywayyssssssss. Why are we talking about principles ? We are  what we are . Savages goons and killers . We have no principles . As soon as one hops right into the streets as a gangster we kill them swiftly . As soon as Tyler durden and his  friends and neighbors come we pop them . We have no respect for the laws and guidelines . WE DO WHAT MUST BE DONE .  If someone wants to mug they can do that regardless of rank or  affiliation. It shouldn’t matter if that’s what you want to do cool . If someone happens to do something back  then it is what it is . You got to know who you are playing these games with.

swagg  begins to walk away before the “GODS” try to mute him again 

It would seem like there is a simple way to do things.  If someone is happy to have their pockets picked to allow younger mafioso to gain the experience, then they lay it out.  If people are unhappy with it then they either say nothing or specifically call it out to people.  If a person picks their pocket without any sort of acknowledgement of acceptance of the other party - then they accept being potentially mugged.   

If a person is happy to have younger mafioso try their pockets, and they want it to just be experience, then they should be free to mug if they do not get their hard earned dollars back.

Sometimes things escalate and guns are involved - but that is when the management of the city may, or may not, need to get involved.   

Stop spamming me with credits It messes up my computer. Not even following this anymore I said my piece I don't  care what you have to say about it.  Because this was for muggers to share their principals not for you to harass me over being a mugger . and now I will mug everyone regardless of rank. 

If you won't respect me as person I won't respect your rank.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: MA - What are your mugging principles?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL