Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 13:46:03
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Dust in the winds of the Windy City. Started by: Herbert on Jun 14, '21 23:38

Herbert once again stepped into the streets, finding the soap box he had set up so many moons ago. It was a little worse for wear these days, but from use rather than neglect. At least one good thing to think about on a day like today, he thought to himself as he stepped up to the soap box preparing to address the masses one more time.

Well then. I can’t really say I want to be here talking to you and despite my knack for cascading sentences, robust wit and eloquent turns of phrase I will try to be brief here. The older I get the less I find I like being the person who explains the who’s and what’s to every Tom and Dick on the street but the more I find I have to do it. So here I am.

Today Godfather Saanvi was removed from power. This was done by myself in conjunction and coordination with the other leaders here in the windy city. The reason for this is plain and simple, thought I hate to say it. She had it coming.

Recently a Don in Saanvi’s family went rogue and killed the Godfather Chairman of New York City. As you might expect, New York was less than pleased about the whole situation. A natural reaction from a group of people who lost their fearless leader. Now, you could write this off as a shitty situation. You can’t always predict or even prevent rogues and as it stands, we as a regime have made a standing effort to not purge to try in a futile attempt to eliminate them outright, so these situations can be hard to deal with. Problem was, this person that rogued, Ariana, had been called out for their suspicious activity multiple times over multiple weeks and months by our allies in the six cities, most specifically and most unfortunately by New York. Several important Mafiosi claimed to know the bloodline of Ariana and were certain they were up to no good based on shooting activity and reported skill with a gun. Time and time again Saanvi was asked to take care of and eliminate this pending threat but time and time again Saanvi vouched for them even with her life. Then the inevitable happened and one of the 6 most important people in this thing of ours bit the bullet due to Saanvi’s unwillingness to act and her determination to keep this person safe.

Now again, these things can happen. You try and have loyalty to members and it can bite you in the butt. It’s frustrating to say the least when the play was seen from a mile away and nothing was done about it but it’s hard to fault any crew leader wanting to keep their members safe. It was what came next though that was the last hole in a sinking ship I had been looking to exit since the moment I stepped on board to help captain it from Deuce Street.

In a normal situation like this it’s no fun being a hand or an upper structure. When a rogue kills a GFC, or anyone let alone a god damn GFC, is when you do everything you can try and sort out the situation that you are responsible for with the city that is at a loss due to your error. Trying to make things right, or at least reaching out and trying to take some responsibility can mean the difference between your city continuing to prosper and it being wiped off the face of the earth. Just in case I am not hammering this home enough a Godfather Chairman in another city dying due to a rogue from your Godfather family is about as serious as it fucking gets. Full stop. You really want to try and get out ahead of that shitstorm if you can. However, from what I understand speaking to my counterparts in New York when I tried to make the effort, no mails were sent, no compensation was offered. Nothing…. Nothing was done. When someone reached out to her, since she did not reach out to them, the conversation turned towards how she felt about being betrayed rather than to the matter at hand which was to make sure your god damn city was safe and sorted by cleaning up the absolute mess you made in New York.

Herbert stopped for a moment as he found himself biting down on the cigarette in his mouth so hard, he had torn though he filter. He spit it out and closed his eyes for a second, rubbing his temples to try and ward off the looming head ache.

Anyways… There’s more I could say but I think it best to leave it there. Onto the following events. As some of you may remember I made my bones in New York City starting off there as the RHM for Deuce Street. I have extremely strong ties with that city and its leadership. If it were not for that, Chicago may not be standing here as it is today. Quite frankly, with the show that was put on by Saanvi this time around, and a few other times I won’t even get into, the commission of the 6 cities as it stands now had full right and reason to eliminate Chicago. And the sad thing is, I fucking agreed with them. As I said though, luckily, I made my bones in New York and I still had ties there. I spoke with the leadership there and with some other top-ranking members of the commission and asked what we could do as a city to clean up this mess and save the innocent lives of the rank and file in Chicago. Before long, it was decided in full agreement. There was only one way to pay off this debt… With a token of the same price. An eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth as they say. Frankly it was the only thing that could make this situation right and keep Chicago as a whole safe.

Now, I am not one to go against my Godfather in that way but when your Godfather doesn’t go the extra mile to keep you or her city protected sometimes it’s time for the underboss to step up and do what needs done. Had Saanvi acted differently, this time, or several other times where I found myself in similar situations, smoothing things over for her privately with other cities leadership so as not to upset the apple cart, things might have been different and everyone here might have been enjoying a real good scrap that would have left more in the obits than I care to think about. But they didn’t and it remained that the best thing forward for Chicago as a whole was to remove the problem leader and move on. No other blood needed to be spilled.  I spoke to as many members of Chicago leadership as I was able in the extremely short amount of time I had to make sure things went right and that was that. The rest is history.

Herbert paused, thinking about how best to include this piece of information

Now it’s worth noting that Admiral was not on the chopping block today. Frankly what happened there was an insanely odd and perfectly timed turn of events that is still being worked through. Frankly, I don’t expect you to believe it. I am telling you right now if I did not watch it happen with my own two eyes, I would not believe it, but here it is. In essentially the same moment that Saanvi was shot, Admiral was gunned down by accident by a newer bloodline to our shores named Hjx. He swiftly paid for the mistake with his life. It honestly had nothing to do with Saanvi, but if I can’t convince you I never well. Back to the matter at hand though.

I don’t want to stand here as if I am making some victory speech and act like I am happy about it. I fucking hate what happened today and I hate having to come to the streets and talk about it. The argument could be made that the rogue was able to use her manipulation to get two godfather kills for the price of one but debts have to be paid. You can’t fall asleep at the wheel when you are leading a city and wait for everyone else to make sure you are okay when you should be working on cleaning up your own mess. A bloodline as old, wise, and with as much experience as Saanvi’s should have known this.

Herbert paused for a moment as he thought about how to wrap everything up.

I feel I have done my duty to the city to keep it safe, and I have done my duty to the streets by giving you your story. Now it’s time for me to do my duty and pay my respects.

And with that, Herbert was off.

Report Post Tips: 32 / Total: $820,000 Tip
No one gets gunned down by accident. You don’t accidentally pull your gun from its holster, accidentally aim it at someone, and accidentally pull the trigger. Just call it what it was, straight up murder. Time for lies and blatant bullshit has long since passed us all.
Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip
I think it is satisfying to know that had Lilith survived an assassin's bullet Herbert would then have shot her for harbouring people that she was warned about for months who went on to kill the GFC of New York.

Actions..... and inactions have consequences and I'm sure in that situation he would have acted in the exact the same way.
Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $110,303 Tip

Thanks for your comments on this Don Herbert - indeed a difficult position to be in. 

Whilst reluctant to detract from the main subject at hand.. CactusJack - you seem like a man that is well versed in this world of ours. Please explain what the rationale would be for removing the late Godfather Admiral? What would be the thought process? What is there to gain? 

Report Post Tip

Thanks for the explanation Don Herbert. Hearing from you puts me at ease and I am sorry you had to make such a difficult choice.

Saanvi was a great Godmother. Her only flaw was putting her trust in the wrong person. She vouched with her life believing that Ariana had a good heart to match her kindness. This regime has seen the same outcome many times before.

Herbert, not to long ago Godmother Lilith was murdered in cold blood by his own Dons which he had also vouched for.  Co6pTerek was put down because of the people he vouched for and the list goes on.

It is the same story over and over and again. Just because the same story has happened time and time again from the creation of this world, does not mean the story cant change. We all have to aspire to better, to demand better.

The revolution changed the way of this world. Purging was eliminated. All bloodlines could freely display their family names in their suits without the fear of death. No more hiding in the shadows, no more kissing ass just to be spared a few more days. You would think these changes would inspire a life of trying to 'accomplish' instead of a life of trying to 'take'.

IF this proves anything it is that these bloodlines are beyond saving, beyond reasoning, beyond protecting. They live only for themself and what they consider "winning" in this world.

It proves that it doesnt matter what regime is in power, their actions will always be the same.

The sooner every leader in this word recognizes these bloodlines and removes the toxicity from this world the sooner we can get to true prosperity.

GRHS to all the fallen.

Report Post Tip

PilotPhil listened to the explanation and understood Herbert well, yet one single thing bugged him. Phil felt it was a discrepancy. He decided to address it last, but stepped forward

Thank you, Don Herbert for your explanation. It is comprehensive and the onhearers can follow your train of thought well. Yet, going on on what @Else_Granhiert just said, it makes me wonder...

Phil looks at Elsa

With that extended list of vouches made that turned out poorly, Elsa, you make it look like one should never vouch for anyone. But you do want to offer your members some protection, don't you? I wouldn't be happy if forces from other cities asked me to remove one of pivotal members.

PilotPhil looked at Ratatoskr and thinks

Bad example.

Continuing, shifting his look back to Herbert

Anyway.. One thing bugs me, Don Herbert, and I am sure I am not the only one that has noticed. When you say

There was only one way to pay off this debt… With a token of the same price. An eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth as they say. 

In this statement, you don't mention the circumstances, you use a very hardlined, bold phrase.
I feel you should have rewritten your speech and left that expression out, as basically, in your line of thoughts, you have just said you feel Steve should have been shot for the removal of Admiral.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The godly squirrel listens with a slight interest, Human behaviour absolutely fascinated him.

'You know what I struggle to understand?  those in charge, the dons, the godfathers etc they're like well, me, godly in a way and yet you seem to feel compelled to explain your behaviours to minions, I have often found this rather amusing'

The God squirrel steals @PilotPhils inflight snack package.

Report Post Tip

I realize I made another two mistakes..

Firstly, although that point adds little to the discussion.. I took the wrong air hostess into the cockpit today. Clearly it was AirHostess_Avril's turn..

Secondly. Of course it shouldn't have been Steve that should have been killed according to your 'eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth'-rule, Herbert, it should have been markopoulo-. After all, Admiral was 'just' a Godfather, not a Godfather-Chairman like Steve. And, if we think in line with @Elsa_Grienhart's earlier comments,it in fact was @markopoulo's Right Hand Man that shot Admiral. Surely that position equals a vouch for someone? After all, they are in charge of everything when you are away from the office..

Again, no offense meant, I am not saying @markopoulo should be shot, I just mean to say that the wording may have been a bit firm..

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $540,000 Tip

AirHostess_Avril had been given some time by PilotPhil to go on a Phil’s Airlines training course that worked on her public speaking.  It was all very well keeping control of a “handsy”PilotPhil passenger at 33,000 ft and going through Grace’s drinks order but standing and passing comment on the patriarchy’s decisions was a stomach wrenching prospect.

She shuffled forward.

So, it seems Don Herbert that the people of Chicago owe you a massive debt of gratitude that your hands were apparently on the wheel so many times, it must be like all those times the president will have kept us safe from threats we know nothing about.  I’m sure that PilotPhil would offer a complimentary flight to a destination of his your choice for yourself and up to three close friends or acquaintances.  Or should that be complementary?  I forget…Phil’s Airlines have recently commissioned a plane that has “<Insert Name Here> Is The Greatest” so we have complimentery/complementary confusion at the booking desks at the moment.

I do wonder, in a more general manner, when does idle tittle tattle and shit stirring become a tangible threat?  When does it actually just become about removing the bloodlines people don’t like to see building a gun?

It is good to see an explanation out here though.  Sometimes it is better to say something that can get picked apart then letting suspicious minds run amok.

Avril picked up her cabin bag.

I have a flight to catch, PilotPhil thinks I’m on a lunch break.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Waking up with a yawn and a stretch Grace looked around. The plane was strangely silent, and smelled musty, causing the realisation that she was the only one still aboard and thought it quite rude that not only had no one woken her, but it appeared that tramp, Avril, had never brought the drink Grace had requested right after take off. 

Standing to gather her things, mumbling to herself, and shoving them all into her large handbag. Out of spite she reached for the spare passenger blankets before spotting a suspicious stain, and remembering some of the sordid tales she'd heard about this particular airline. Removing her hand slowly, as if the blanket would jump out and bite her, she made sure her shoes were firmly on before exiting. 

Midway was busy as usual, but with ease she was able to grab a taxi which was only stopped once reaching the inner city due to some sort of gathering ahead. Paying the driver she left the car, lugging her bag over her shoulder and made her way just in time to hear the last of the speech being given. Turning to the person next to her to ask about it she gasped, "You!" to @AirHostess_Avril just before the woman started leaving. "Oh no you don't!" Grace said, following after her. The speech was forgotten for the moment, and a litany of colorful complaints were lobbied at the woman who had dragged her out here. 

Report Post Tip

Gates who had been quietly standing to the side since the speech was made, and listed to plenty other people heard what Pilot Phil said and there seemed to be something that finally made sense. An equal eye for and eye, why was this the case when it came to a GFC who was killed by another GFC members, but a GF who was killed by another GF's RH the payment not be at least equal to the payment required by Saanvi, never the less I've never understood exchange rates among currency so I may be missing something here.

Secondly, I'd like to ask as right hand to the GFC your job is to protect her, and help her run her operation as she is the GFC. Similar to how now you are expected to help tebo since he is the one who stepped up to the plate. But instead of telling her what the price was that New York was requesting you instead decided to pay it in full. Some might ask, how you are back where you are? Turning your back on your previous GFC and letting her die, some think it is better to die than live on their knees. You made this decision for CH, what surprises me most though. Is that you made this decision for all of CH, and not one member has acted out against CH who was from CH.

You would think that a whole city just lost their fearless leader there would be a divide, or maybe tebo that is why Admiral was killed. You asked what you reached to gain, is it possible Admiral would have remained loyal to the GFC? Is it possible he was the one who didn't agree to the plan? These things I'm not privy to, but things do not just happen by chance not in this place. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Well, I appreciate you coming out here and explaining the actions that took place that day. Its always interesting to see how people and cities handle themselves, and so I think its good to be able to give an insight into whats going on.

Keeps all of us mobsters engaged and honestly thats how we can extract some type of joy from this life. Whatever it is you and your city had to do to survive is really what matters at the end of the day.

Leaders are Leaders for a reason, this isnt some popularity contest and decisions made will always have consequences. We can only hope we make the right ones. Rest well to the fallen.

Deadeyes stares up to sky with his hands in his pockets. 

Report Post Tip

An equal eye for and eye, why was this the case when it came to a GFC who was killed by another GFC members, but a GF who was killed by another GF's RH the payment not be at least equal to the payment required by Saanvi, never the less I've never understood exchange rates among currency so I may be missing something here.

The difference here is that Ariana was known by others to be a potential rogue and mentioned on several different occasions that there were suspicious actions on their behalf, and was a very credible threat to the Godfathers and Godfather Chairmen. This was a predetermined rogue that set out in this life to do one thing; kill Quint.

On the other hand, we have Hjx, a person whose bloodline was practically brand new to this land, who was still learning the rules and the ins and outs, who has no quarrel with anyone in this land of ours, and commits an almighty calamitous error. The key word being error. There was no intent in this. He was not a predetermined rogue. He was swiftly punished with the loss of his life. A punishment that he accepted straight away.

Also just to clarify to the naysayers who do not believe the horrible coincidence of the time it took place, I say to you; wouldn’t it have been easier to just say this was part of the takedown of the late Godmother Saanvi? Just give off some excuse that we were worried the newly appointed Godfather of Pasadena was going to avenge the very person who sent him to a higher way of life? It sure would have been a lot easier that way. Manhattan wouldn’t have had to kill a Don, people wouldn’t be any the wiser and I wouldn’t be here trying to explain this horrific coincidence.

To clarify another thing, now that I have hopefully explained this terrible error to the masses, it should be clear that Herbert and Tebo are in no way responsible for the killing of the late AdmiralAckbar in any shape or form.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

PilotPhil chuckled

It doesn't matter how you describe it, Snip. It will always look fishy if it happens in the very same minute..
Shooting a Godfather by accident is well.. rather a thing, I'd say. You may say Hjx was brand new, was learning stuff. But was that true? I mean, he was Right Hand to a Godfather, apparently he had the gun skills that could kill another Godfather. You don't have a capped gun if you are still learning the ropes, do you?

PilotPhil raised his shoulders

Still, it's not really my business, Don Herbert said he wouldn't believe it himself and I am sure you would agree. I am not disputing what happened, though. I just say that it looks odd, peculiar and fishy. That's all. You would agree, I suppose?

The pilot raised his eyebrows, to let Snip know that was actually a question and not just a rethorical one. Then he continued.

What you say to Gates is exactly my point, Snip. It's fine that you compare the situations and say they are different, you are totally entitled to. But then Don Herbert should not have used the words he did. I quoted it before, but will do so again, as they are essential in this discussion

With a token of the same price. An eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth as they say

Listen to those words again. Find me a way to read this and explain me how Gates is not one hundred percent right in his conclusions. If you say this, then you should have markopoulo- shot as a retaliation for the Admiral killing. No question about it.

However, maybe Don Herbert used words that were a bit strong..?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $16,977,215 Tip
Thanks for putting things into perspective PilotPhil.
After hearing your theories it is all crystal clear and I now too believe markopolio- should die. Eye for an eye, Every situation should be treated the same. Maybe start a court system and have jurors determine everyone’s fate.

As a lowly ranked individual in this world, I am disgusted by the leadership. PhilotPhil if you could point me to like minded people like ourselves I would appreciate that. Maybe a new revolution is on its way.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $200,000 Tip

You're twisting my words, Elsa_Granhiert. I never said markopoulo- should die, I also did not call them a disease. I just find Herbert's words rather out of context, that's what I felt should be addressed.

PilotPhil wondered whether he should ask compensation offered to Admiral's kin, as that clearly should have been the first hurdle to take, according to the original speech, but decided it wasn't his business to discuss it.

And Elsa, that court. That's a great suggestion, my forefather once owned one. It worked out pretty well back then. You would probably have liked it, you could buy justice.

Report Post Tip
Are we mafioso, or are we pussies?

I don't care about the context of harsh words coming from a battle hardened Don within the Chicago city limits.

If someone wants to come at markopoulo, they better bring more guns than Ariana did. It's that simple.

Proof was given to Godmother Saanvi that she was being lied to and she chose to ignore it. She was told she would be held accountable if her kindness was taken advantage of. Her kindness was shit on by someome she trusted and stuck her neck out for.

I woke up with my Godfather dead due to Saanvi's inability to act on the lies she had been fed, and the proof that was presented to her. Saanvi knew what was going to happen, I'm almost certain of that. She bit the bullet for her lapse in judgement. If it wasn't for the proof given to her, I'd even say it wasn't her fault and these things happen, but that wasn't the case.

This isn't a surprise to anyone. Especially the late Godfather Saanvi.
Report Post Tip

Just out of pure curiosity, not exactly busting balls (yet), but what was the proof about Ariana Mxyz? Were they caught planning something? (I dunno honestly).

That said, for a regime that was so against purging to start with, I haven't really witnessed any actual purging still, just salty fingerpointing (wa wa wa I wanted to ride the swingset but Larry got on it first and wa wa it is my turn waaaa recess is over I don't wanna go back to fingerpainting waa waaa) when rogues go off. 

Purging as a phrase is being tossed around a lot though right now. It seems to be on a lot of people's minds. The real question should be: why did the rogues go off in the first place? 

The Lilith reasoning is obvious, IA among other things, and those Golden Shooters (not showers), were obviously on some sorta list. 

The ones under C0CKERIK (the cocker-spaniel) or whatever seemed hella paranoid about PH, for god knows why or who was whispering to them (No it was not me). 

And Ariana was paranoid because of an anon code revealing his incog was leaked and he would be killed soon? (at least what I've vaguely heard).

Also, the KEY difference about C0CKERIK's death over Saanvi's is that C0CKERIK knew that one of his members shot that Berzerk guy, but didn't turn it in to that SALT clique. He only died because they fucked him over after they went full rogue because he wouldn't help them. That's why I don't think this standard really makes sense. UNLESS there was actual evidence of intent to Rogue or something else by Ariana that Saanvi disregarded. 

At the end of the day, we need to stop dillydallying around... This is all Steve's fault. This was all part of his plan to rise to power. 

Yes it is all Steve's fault. Dam you Steve!

Bunch of clowns lmaoo all of you

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dust in the winds of the Windy City.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL