Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 13:25:49
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Bricktown Bar Started by: HarveyDent on Jul 09, '21 07:57
Harvey lays on the floor as he awoke from a drunken daze and looked at the cracked wooden clock that hung high atop the bar. "Oh shit", he thought to himself. He sprinted up and began making preparations for his grand opening. It was his first business opportunity and he didn't want to fuck it up. He grabbed his cigarette pack from the table, took one out, and lit up to calm his nerves. He took a long drag and begin to tidy up the place.

Bricktown Bar was just your typical 'go to on a weekend evening to ease the troubles of real life' joint. I ain't gonna bullshit you and say it's some of a kind bar or whatever. The blueprint was pretty simplistic. A layout of tables and chairs make for the center of the dim lit room. The bar spanned across the back with portraits of the New York skyline filling the back wall. The choice of liquor is limitless. You ask for it, we most certainly will have it. He begin unboxing some goods and furnishings and places them in their correct space.

Harvey exited the back room and finished his cigarette, butting it into one of the ashtrays that lay on the counter and headed for the front door. He flipped the Closed sign to Open. He picked up a chair and grabbed the newspaper, kicked up his feet and began reading, awaiting a customer.
Report Post Tip

On his way back from the printers with the first batch of colour brochures under his arm, Vinnie came across a bar he had never seen before. He decided to pay a visit to welcome whoever was the owner and wish them "Buona Fortuna!"

Vinnie opened the door and it took a few seconds for his eyes to accustom to the darkness of the place. Once focused he saw a man with his feet up reading a newspaper.

"Good morning! I'm Vincent_Basciano, proprietor of  "New Empyrean Retreat" up on the hill he said pointing. He continued,

"Just wanted to wish you good luck and can I leave you a couple of my brochures should any out of towners need a place to stay and relax whilst in Detroit?"

Report Post Tip
Harvey was cleaning tables when he heard the door open. Vincent enters and walks to the counter. Harvey heads over to the man greets him.

"It's very nice to meet you, Vincent."

He puts the rag down and reaches for the icebox. He grabs a beer and hands it Vincent.

"Thank you, I will make sure to visit when I get a chance."
Report Post Tip

Vinnie accepted the beer of HarveyDent and clicked bottles with him, "Salut!" they both said in unison as they raised them to take a swig.

They made small talk for the next fifteen minutes or so and before long they had both finished their bottles and after protestations that he had to get back HarveyDent had finally relented and let him go about his day.

"I look forward to showing you the same hospitality, when you come visit me up at "The New Empyrean Retreat." Don't leave it too long my friend."  he said as they shook hands warmly before leaving for his walk up the hill.

Report Post Tip

Trevor was around in Bricktown when he spotted a quaint little bar called the Brick Town bar so off he went he was in need of a beer after he had been busting people out of the Detroit jail all day long the smells of the prison guards had leached onto him but he had gave those wardens a good kick in today. so anyway off he walked into the Brick Town bar and as he went in he took off hit coat and his flat cap and took a seat at the bar and ordered himself a beer "shit day out there isn't it bar keep well not for the ducks I bet they're bloody loving it not me though I cant wait to get back out to LA I love a good days worth of sun there isn't anything better" Trevor took a sip of his beer and pulled himself out a cigar and then took a puff on in. "you liking the weather around here then or you prefer the sun?" Trevor was just trying to make small talk with the bar tender he liked talking to people.

Report Post Tip
He was finishing serving Vincent when he heard the front door open. Trevor entered and Harvey greeted him
Report Post Tip
I hit submit by accident woops!

Trevor approached the counter and sat down. He ordered a beer and began to make conversation.

"I'm definitely a sun person." Harvey says grabbing a beer0
Report Post Tip

Detroit. Why was Eggs in Detroit again? This town had a history for him, a history of things going wrong. And right now Eggs would almost prefer things to be going wrong, at least it would give him something to do. He'd blown in to town early, a meeting arranged but there was a little merchandise to trade first, that part had gone well, he'd made a good profit, but he had hours to kill until the meeting, and he was still trying to keep a low profile here after his brush with the Feds a while back. The guys he was meeting told him that was all taken care of, those responsible had 'gone away' in one way or another, but a part of Eggs remained cautious. Back home it would be fine, a few envelopes would be passed around and everything would be taken care of, but here, here was different.

A place to kill some time, out of the way, that was what he needed, somewhere that didn't attract the wrong kind of attention, and he'd heard HarveyDent had started a new place, it sounded ideal.

Standing in the doorway Eggs scanned the room, a low haze of smoke wallowed in the air, curling around customers as they walked through it. A low hum of conversation, nothing particularly discernible, interrupted by the thud glasses being placed on wooden tables and the occasional clink of a bottle hitting the top of a glass as the drink was poured. Eggs liked this place already.

Recognising Harvey, Eggs walked to the bar, his arms wide as he approached with an equally broad grin.

"Harvey! Nice joint you have here, a proper drinking place, when I heard I just had to come and check it out"

"So, waddaya gotta do to get a beer round here?"

Report Post Tip

Artie, the seer and prophet to the starts, had a mouth like the bottom of a budgies cage, dry as holy hell and decided to pop into the bricktown bar for some liquid refreshment

'good biped, might you serve me with an icy cold beer please and i shall tell you your prophecy as payment......in lieu of money of course'

Report Post Tip
Harvey was wiping tables when Eggs walked in. He approaches him and takes his order. He reaches into the icebox under the counter and grabs a beer. He hands it to Eggs.

"I appreciate it my friend, enjoy the beer!"

Aardvark enters and heads for the counter. He orders a beer.  Harvey gets another beer and hands it to the gentleman.
Report Post Tip

The Greek Freak carefully plopped another cinnamon jelly into his mouth and then walked nearer the Bricktown Bar which just so happened to be snuggled nicely in the district of, you guessed it: Bricktown. This was one of the first times he had stepped in Bricktown and by the look of things, it had quite the rough and tumble way about it, if this bar was any indication of how the rest of it carried itself. Taking a stroll inside, the tall man sat down near a few other patrons and tapped at the table, calling forth someone to take his order.

"I'll take an entire bottle of wine, one of your finest. Is there anything to eat here? You know what, just bring me some peanuts, every bar like this has peanuts, right?"

It was an odd combination, that of peanuts and fine wine, but today was somewhat of a special one for the Freak. Today was the day he would finally go back to New York and rob the cigar shop, thus continuing his three businesses which would hopefully all be staples in their respective cities for years to come.

"I have the perfect plan," he spoke to himself in an almost callous manner, his eyes glazing over while he stared into the abyss, knowing fully well that if he failed today then the trajectory of his life would take quite the downward spiral. There would be no more negative thinking, however, as the peanuts and wine promptly arrived at the table.

Handing the gentleman who brought it to him a crisp ten-dollar bill, he popped the wine open with only his abnormally large hands and began drinking straight from the bottle. It was a sight to behold, someone nearly seven feet tall chugging what looked to be one of the more expensive drinks in the entire establishment, but when one celebrates, they must do so properly, or else not celebrate at all.

"Does anyone care to join me? Today is the first day of my new life!" 

Only stopping the chug to eat a few peanuts still in their shell, there was a maddening laugh that escaped from his mouth as he continued with the festivities. Today, the culmination of plotting and thinking would yield the sweet nectar of money and he would be a free man yet again, no longer bound by something so regrettable like a loan.

Report Post Tip
As he was heading home Abacab felt the sudden need of a good drink. He wandered off to the Detroit street. He the Bricktown Bar just ahead . It was close so he decided to pay a visit. He then headed for the entrance. Aba walked inside to lively crowd. It was a feel good atmosphere. 

He made his way toward the bar plopped himself on a seat. He reached inside his right pocket and grabbed his cigarettes. He took a match and lit the cigarette. Abacab took a drag while waiting for the barkeep.

"I will have a glass of your best Rum"

The bartender gets his drink reedy and hands it to him before Ab takes another drag of his cigarette.
Report Post Tip

Tutte were in such good mood after hearing so many good news so he had to get a drink and when seeing the old Bricktown Bar he gets excited after having many good memories att his place.

He got in and at the bar he asks for a doulbe bourbon and drinks it slowly while happily thinking of a good thing he heard by a friend from NY which made him so happy and could celebrate all night long.

But everything has a end so after two good drinks he got out again to do some good job here in home-town before heading to next location in his life.

Report Post Tip

"A drink!"

Sera fell in through the doors. One might have thought that she had already been drinking, and they would likely be right. With long days and even longer nights, she needed a break. A drink.

"Whiskey if you please?! Your finest."

She found herself a seat and took a look around at the people gathered in the Bricktown Bar.

Report Post Tip
"Hey mister, give me double scoth please"

Tuttehad been out long this day in Detroit and where about to leave home-town for now and be back soon again. He were in need of this ddrink he now just hade finshed. He thanked the barman and payed for his drink.
Report Post Tip

Pete was in Detroit on business, it had been a while but members of the Detroit combination Pete was waiting to meet up with Bill Tucco and his pal Joe Zerilli.  Joe was a good guy until you piss him off.  Much like Pete they were mild manner men and loved to laugh.  Joe wanted to move so Canadian liquor and Pete had connections with the good stuff.  Bill was Joe's partner in the venture and they hoped that Pete would set them up with monthly shipments.  Detroit was just a short 20 miniute drive and they had spots all over the city to move the product. 

They arrived and greeted Pete with open arms and then ordered drinks.  Tucco was a up and coming guy then enter Pete Licavoli and his brother Thomas.  Pete never met them face to face but heard of them from friends of theirs.  Joe made the formal introductions and they all were friends and the talks began.  In order for them to control all the bootleging in detroit they need the real stuff quality shit that the other gangs couldn't supply the speak easys with.  

Pete only concern was the Purple gang.  They had no problems putting bullets into the competition and they had dozens of hitters.  Pete Gangi knew that even Big Al from Chicago dealt with them as a supplier from time to time.  Heck Pete even sold Al the stuff from time to time.  Pete perferred the likes of  Johnny Torrio who was also a mild manner man.  The minutes turned to hours before Pete ask the two most important questions which was when and how much.  Then the deal was struck.  

Report Post Tip

Tutte needed something strong to deal with his mournbing this evvening, he opened the doors into Bricktown Bar and put his arse on the bar-stole and asks for a double scotch and said to the barman to leave the bottle and payd up for it and finished of the strong and tasty drink in one mouth, he poured up another  double and drank it a bit slower, the third he drank got even slower, he started to feel drunk, good, that was the idea. He took the half filed bottle and walked out in the night in detroit, drinking directly from the bottle.

Report Post Tip

Deciding after a long day to grab a drink, she settles down at the Bricktown Bar. Grabbing a seat at the bar, she rapped her knuckles off the top because she did not want to use her voice too much. As the bartender noticed her, she smiled politely.

"Could I get a whiskey please? Long day. Make it a double."

She watched as he turned his back to grab the whiskey and the glass. She let him pour the two shots worth, as he set it on the bar in front of her, she downed the drink.

"Another please?"

Once the next drink was done and drained. She put some money out with a generous tip and headed out to conduct more business.

Report Post Tip

Pete spotted a joint he hadn't been in before.  Pete walked in with his security and they took a both.  They ordered a bottle of Jack Daniels.  They started breaking balls and laughing.  They finished the frist pint in five minutes, Pete ordered two more.   Pete was enjoying the moment and the people with him were trying to figure out where they were going to eat.  Pete poured the second bottle as the waiter brought the two new bottles over.  

Report Post Tip

Tutte had to have a drink to sleep at so he had been headed a while to reach out for Bricktown Bar where a drink could be bought any time of day. He entered and looks around, not many in and no one that he knew well this time of day were here.

He got his drink, a johnny walker and sips it slowly while getting through so he had done all his business he had promised himself to do and well, he had done them all luckily, he finish up his drink, pays for it and thanks the barman for a good drink and then gets out again to get back to his hotel-room he left a while ago sinc ehe needed a drink to sleep better with.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Bricktown Bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL