Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:15
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Standards Started by: LoveGun on Jul 12, '11 21:39

LoveGun stepped off the curb and into the wet street. It was raining, coming down in sheets, the people scattered. She never understood that, it was just rain. An umbrella was opened above her head, held by her left hand, while her right brought the half empty bottle of rum to her lips. On the other side of the street she continued down the sidewalk, the wind shifted slightly. The rain kissed her cheek for a moment before she was able to adjust the umbrella. Another sip of rum, her insides cooling and her mind going back to a calmer place. LoveGun was still reeling off the comments she heard about and her thoughts flitted back to a few hours ago when the whole thing happened.

The news was first whispered in her ear from the rumor mill, but then as it gained speed she found out that the story was true. How dare a right hand from Detroit insult her Godfather and the godfather of Chicago, the city her bloodline grew up in along side Premeir, and think he can get away with it. She had thought to herself, but then, quickly, the man was killed for the words he said. Still, LoveGun was upset, frustrated, and annoyed at what had happened, and the apparent lack of high standards in the world.

LoveGun, wild eyed, burst into the headquarters in Mid Town. Even before she could get into the main room where she knew Crawford would be, one of her bodyguards, just coming onto his shift noticed the savage mission she was on. He dragged her into her office, explaining to her that he didn't want to clean up another five lamps and sent her to the bar for a drink. She wasn't one to listen to anyone in this state of mind besides Crawford or Premeir, but she took a deep breath and cooled her nerves enough to get to a bar and have a nice bit of rum drink taste in her mouth.

But still, her hands clenched the glass she drank from and she decided something needed to be done, words would need to be said. So, LoveGun demanded a bottle of rum from the bartender, threw it in her bag, which went over her shoulder and she burst from the bar, blazing a trail down the road. Which is where she finds herself now, pulling an old soap box from a back alley and taking a stand on top of it. Her body tingled with the emotions that surged through it, but purpose took over the rage and she felt like she was on the tip of something. She was ready, more then ready, for the ride. A grin spread across her lips and LoveGun dove into the business at hand.

Standards.

LoveGun announced. She held her speech for a moment, organizing the ideas in her head. She had come here with a plan, a plan straight enough to sober her up.

It's what we talked about last week, two weeks ago, a month ago, a year ago, yesterday, but hopefully not tomorrow. It's an ongoing subject, beaten to death and revived like the monster movies you'll go to see with your date on Saturday night. We blame each other, we blame the gods, we blame our dead aunt sally with the awful cooking, at least she hasn't been resurrected.

These are the facts.

At some point this world of ours lost a lot of it's standards and by a lot I do mean a lot. Now we are here in this place where petty thieves run rampant and tough kids think they rule the world because they can shoot a crew leaders body guard dead and get away with it because they use the cloak of night's darkness. But those aren't our only problems.

We also live in a place where there are Crew Leaders that hold little to no standards and Godfather that do not act as role models. We have problems with standard all the way to the tip of this thing of ours. The way to act and the way to portray yourself is learned from the ones you look up to. Who do you look up to the most? Your crew leader, your godfather? The standards are going to come down from the top.

We bring the problem to the streets and we talk about solutions, but the solution is obvious. It's staring us down right now, blazing it's hot red flag in our faces. It's just to much work right? The solution is in the crew leaders and the godfathers. it's a burden that comes with the job title and it should be as important as keeping their families and their cities safe.

The problem isn't necessarily with the crew leaders and godfathers themselves. Problems manifest at the bottom, the state of things decay upwards while the corrective action has to come down from the top. The standards have adapted to the decay.It's like if the police force gave up trying to bust this thing of ours and legalized our trade tomorrow, we'd all be business executives, but society would still be fucked.

LoveGun paused for a moment, letting the words seep their way into the gathering crowd.

This subject is very personal for me. I feel very passionate about it, as I work hard for my city, for my crew and for my Godfather. As a crew leader I hold my members to certain standards and as the Underboss of New York I hold the city to certain standards. When my members see citizens of certain other cities not being held to the same types of standards or succeeding despite them it creates a problem for me. But not only a problem, it drains me and my members of their morale.

Maybe this is the problem all the way across our nation. When standards aren't upheld, it means nothing to meet or exceed them.

When to gentle of a hand is taken to minor infractions, those minor infractions will quickly grow into more serious transgressions. If you give an inch, they'll take a mile. It seems then when realization of certain people that are taking advantage of the lack of standards the problem is still not addressed. The problem continues which further leads our world into decay.

These lack of standards do not threaten us physically, but rather through the effect of diminishing returns. One bad apple spoils a whole bunch, but it doesn't punch you in the face you just have nothing to eat. The lack of standards is starving our world from the greatness it should be. I'm not looking longingly into the past, but hopefully into the future.

Things were coming to their own ends. LoveGun could feel it, herself calming down as she got what she wanted to say out.

Standards.

A problem that can be fixed, but it's going to take work. A problem where everyone else just thinks everyone else will handle it, but that leads to no one doing anything except talking about it.

LoveGun brings the bottle of rum to her lips and takes a sip, but before she hops off the soap box she addresses the audience one last time with a phrase she picked up many years ago and a smile.

The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise.

Report Post Tip

Archer listened while his leader spoke. When she finished, he noticed the crowd around him murmuring silently. Listening in, he saw what all the fuss was about.

You guys think she's placing the blame on us little people?

He looked incredulously at them. He interpreted LoveGun's words much differently.

People like me--goombas I mean, not me in particular--are causing problems. So are gangsters and earners and wise guys and thugs. What I understand is that it's up to the leaders to correct these acts. It's up to them to discipline us and to show us the correct way to live. It's on them to provide standards for us, so we have someone to emulate and respect.

At least, I think that's right.

Report Post Tip

LoveGun left the soap box behind, but not the crowed. She swayed into the audience to see if anyone's thoughts would be heard. A voice did reach her ears, one that she did not expect. ArchieArcher, one of the newer members of her own family and just a goomba. She wasn't sad or disappointed that it was him, of course not. Surprised? Yes.

LoveGun had hoped for other crew leaders, there rights and lefts, to come out and acknowledge the problem, maybe pledge themselves to change it. Instead of letting the problem continue and playing into the bad standards. Her hope was not gone though, not much time had passed. But, there was Archie and she smiled at him and went towards him. She brushed shoulders with the young goomba and greeted him kindly.

Archie, yes, you are correct.

She passed the bottle of rum she held to him to let him know she was proud of him.

Report Post Tip

"Godfather that do not act as role models"

Just wondering, any Godfathers in mind?

Report Post Tip

Out of the whole speech Hickey, your only comment is asking if they are talking about someone specfic?

When people give speeches about Member whoring, disrespect or random wacking, is the first question "Well tell us who?"

Maybe she gave a speech because, she has seen, problems in her own city, or another city.

Does it matter who she had in mind?

Do you have something on your mind Hickey?

Report Post Tip

1) Out of the whole speech Hickey, your only comment is asking if they are talking about someone specfic? -Just asking to be honest

2)When people give speeches about Member whoring, disrespect or random wacking, is the first question "Well tell us who?" - I dont know, never really said that was the first question

4)Maybe she gave a speech because, she has seen, problems in her own city, or another city.- Possibly

Does it matter who she had in mind?-In a lot a cases yes

Do you have something on your mind Hickey?-No, I just asked one questions really

Report Post Tip

"Does it matter who she had in mind?-In a lot a cases yes"

And why is that?

Report Post Tip

"Does it matter who she had in mind?-In a lot a cases yes"

And why is that?

With respect, if there was a reference to a player in game, it would make a big deel. In my own opinion, any reference to a player should be debatable. Thats just my opinion.

Report Post Tip

I'm not to sure how you do things, but i don't really consider our life style a game, people die everyday, or go to jail for life.

But i am sure if LoveGun wanted to reference someone in our lifestyle she would have, or maybe she wanted to come give a speech on something she believed in.

Is that a problem?

Report Post Tip

But i am sure if LoveGun wanted to reference someone in our lifestyle she would have, or maybe she wanted to come give a speech on something she believed in.

Is that a problem?

I never even said that she did not post something she believed in. From the looks of it, there was a real effort put into the the thread.

And I never said if she wanted to reference someone in game that she would not have.

All I was asking is, if she is thinking of any Godfather in mind, which is a yes or no question at the end of the day to be honest. Just a simple question from me.

Report Post Tip

"All I was asking is, if she is thinking of any Godfather in mind, which is a yes or no question at the end of the day to be honest. Just a simple question from me."

Again does it matter, if it is about someone? She gave a speech on her thoughts and feelings about something, you have complelty missed the entire purpose of the speech.

It does not matter if her speech was about someone, it was about something she felt the need to say.

Obviously you feel like it might have been addressed to someone you know since you obviously did not care about the content of her speech but who it was about.

Report Post Tip

"All I was asking is, if she is thinking of any Godfather in mind, which is a yes or no question at the end of the day to be honest. Just a simple question from me."

Again does it matter, if it is about someone? She gave a speech on her thoughts and feelings about something, you have complelty missed the entire purpose of the speech.

It does not matter if her speech was about someone, it was about something she felt the need to say.

Obviously you feel like it might have been addressed to someone you know since you obviously did not care about the content of her speech but who it was about.

I have got the purpose on her speech, I can see she was expressing her though on what she felt. I never said that it mattered if she was aiming at a certain member. 

She clearly said what she needed to say, I cared about the content of her speech since I gave my time to read it.

My only question was " Did she have a Godafather in mind" And as always, I say this with respect

Report Post Tip

Like i said, the point of the speech isn't for you to come out here and want to know if it is about a person or not.

Did she have a godfather in mind, i will answer that for you. IT DOES NOT MATTER.

Im not sure if you have a problem with your ears, or you just don't listen, the content is what is important not you wanting to know if it was directed to someone.

If I feel something needs to be directed to someone i will tell them. So for the 5th time, care about the content and not if it is about someone.

Report Post Tip

To briefly address the ensuing discussion before I refer back to the speech itself; I do not think it was unreasonable of Hickey, a Detroit Don, to question whether LoveGun was making reference to someone in particular. After all there are only 5 Godfathers walking our streets, so any specific references must therefore be about one of them. LoveGun herself highlights certain events that have gone on previously and accordingly it would be easy to draw certain conclusions, should someone wish to do so.

However, as usual LoveGun does raise valid points throughout this and as Premeir has importantly highlighted, there is much more to this than accusations at anyone in particular. I think that perhaps the prior events have led some people down one path, when this was not necessarily the intention. I believe this could easily be a generic statement on MafiaReturns, rather than addressing the failings of any one individual. Indeed, I believe that we are all culpable.

Assuming I have understood it correctly therefore and to hopefully draw this discussion back around to the point; I believe that the long held traditions of Cosa Nostra have been in decline for some time now. I have to hold my hands up at this point, because my work is often misinterpreted. I take pot shots at people and make light of certain situations in order to provide a source of entertainment/amusement for the majority of us here. This unfortunately can be taken as genuine insults to people who are worthy of our respect. I try to make the distinction clear and attempt to demonstrate that there is nothing serious in what I do. I hope that is clear, but I suspect sometimes people get the wrong impression. This can lead to the false believe that respect should not be afforded to those of the highest ranks and standing, something I am wholehearted against.

Despite this and regardless of my own input, it is woefully apparent that we have passed away from the golden age of this thing of ours. There is little that any of us can do to prevent that and I don't believe that any action from any of the Godfathers, Bosses or individual members could halt that slide. It is a natural and unfortunate consequence of the time we live in. This is our era, anything that has been before is beyond our control.

With that said, we could certainly significantly improve upon our current practice and whilst we may not revert to the glory days, we could certainly enhance our own. I know from personal experience that Chicago is as well run as any city that any of my ancestors happened to be a part of. Similarly, I like aspects of the other cities, including both New York and Detroit. It would also be remiss of me not to mention the recently successful competitions organized by both St Louis and New Orleans. Where then, is the problem?

Well, despite these publicised events, the problem exists amongst the lower echelons of our society as much as the top. There are certain practices and beliefs that are just wholly inaccurate. I do not believe enough precedence is afforded to individuals upon the basis of their ranks and I do not believe that the criterion for the higher ranks is stringent enough. Consider that a Consigliere is supposedly a trusted advisor, capable of lending their expertise and knowledge to the boss of the family. How many of our current Consiglieres currently do this? How many of our Dons are truly capable of leading their own family? How many Bosses? You get the idea.

This could only be rectified by all the Cities adhering to the same universal standards for their members and this is unlikely to ever occur. This fact makes it particularly difficult to see, how short of changing the people at the top, the problem could be rectified. I will suggest my own improvements later on.

This brings me to the leadership themselves though, the Bosses and Capos. Far too many stay behind the walls of their headquarters and whether they're prepared to accept this as a failing or not is irrelevant, it is. How will we ever emphasise the importance of the Streets to newcomers if nobody sets an example to them of what is expected should they wish to achieve the honour one day themselves? Prima facie, it seems that those who neglect to shape a reputation for themselves in public either lack the ability or inclination. Either of which, is bad for a leader and hinders them in terms of their legacy and their current standing.

Some will undoubtedly argue that the ability to speak in the Streets is not correlative to their ability as a Boss and whilst in some aspects this is true, those who fail to regularly test their mettle in the Streets and public make more mistakes in the politicking behind the scenes than those who do. It is also unquestionable that those Bosses who are remembered and truly recognised as being great, are those who had a public image as well as a private one.

So, I believe that Bosses and Capos should have a presence, which is currently lacking. Would this cure the problem? No. It would be a step in the right direction, but it is far from the be-all-end-all. Even by tacking on an improvement to the ranking system, we would still be some way short of our desired status. We instead need to make changes, from the top down and across the country. We need to, well, act like mobsters more. We have things set in stone, which should not be. We have people who categorise things as "allowed" or "not allowed" when they shouldn't need to make a distinction. The worst of all though, is the belief that things are "fair" or "unfair".

I would welcome a change from scripted responses to events and actions being necessitated the second they arise. One of the biggest credits that can be paid to Deimne is his change in policy away from the 'everyone must die for any infraction' attitude that preceded him, to more of a money rules all stance. This is far more realistic and adopting a case by case basis would significantly improve our lifestyle still further and advance the good work we have already begun.

I have a soft spot for innovators. I love people who try to do things differently in MafiaReturns. Sadly, most people are still ascribing to the gospel according to Marietta, when it has gone extremely stale. This isn't a slight on her policy of Godfather, Street Boss, Captain, Captain, because it was extremely effective. Yet, it is not the only way that things can be done and this stagnancy of ideas has led us to the position where we are now in. Those at the top are not expecting more from their underlings and thus they strive to achieve less. Accordingly, their members strive to achieve less. Following this through the chain, we are left in a situation where everyone is only doing a fraction of what they are capable of doing and still reaping the same rewards. Authorisation should not be given to everyone and some people's current performances do not deserve rewarding with it. The same can be said of promotions.

This has been compounded by the nature of our world. People live longer than ever before and therefore, those who rock the boat (or do next to nothing of anything) are left alive, rather than removed and replaced. Survival of the fittest makes for the best candidates, something we have long since moved away from. The fact is, we've lost a lot of our hunger and people no longer rely on their wits to survive, instead a copious amount of protection.

To wrap this up, as I'm aware I've meandered from the focus of the topic; the standards will only improve if we take direct action to facilitate it. We have to demand more and fail to reward those who fall short of the required standard. If this is then not adopted across the country, take action against those families who devalue Cosa Nostra. This was the way of it in the past and one of the reasons why our thing of ours seemed much stronger. Nobody was allowed to rest on their laurels, where as now, some are skating by.

~C~

Report Post Tip

As always, Chuckle. You take the words out of my mouth and express them in a way that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. If I could just take one of those last bits you said there;

the standards will only improve if we take direct action to facilitate it. We have to demand more and fail to reward those who fall short of the required standard.

Obviously each of us is unaware of the requirements set forth in our respective cities for promotions, but yet each us affords the same level of respect to the ranks and positions we hold regardless of the city(s) we hail from. This I believe is down to the fact we all assume that each of us is held against the same standards. As was earlier touched on by LoveGun it might not always seem that this is the case, there are times we see people with a status which we may believe is beyond them, but who are we to judge those in another city? What right have we? We are not working with these people on a regular basis and so not of what they offer their family.

This brings me to my next point, one again touched by Chuckle, Street Presence. Many of us feel we can judge people by their ability to converse in public, or lack there of. As Chuckle said, some will undoubtedly argue that the ability to speak in the Streets is not correlative to their ability as a Boss, I personally would agree with that to an extent. I do however feel that at least some form of street presence is essential in a leader, someone that should be an example to those under them. If leaders aren't seen in the streets, how can we expect those new to this thing of ours to give the streets the attention it so deserves? How can we expect it to grow when we don't encourage the new blood to inject some fresh ideas? Quite simply, we can't. This is part of the reason things become so stagnant and dull, in my opinion.

Now, I'm the first to hold my hands up and say that I feel I can do more in this regard, I strive to show my face when I can and make it known to those under me that I  encourage them to visit the streets and speak their mind, but at the same time, it has been a long time since i've actually managed to start any sort of discussion of my own - which leads me to the first part of my last point - Old Bloodlines. There are many many people that walk these streets that I can connect myself to, via a number of generations of family. This shows me that this world is clearly filled with people that have been taught by older generations, this again leads us to the fact that they will be less inclinned to begin discussions in the streets, as they will have heard 90% of these discussions before from their parents or from reading a journal left by an ancestor. Now, not only does the above directly affect activity in our streets, its also a major factor in our previous point regarding the fact people are often promoted despite not showing/doing enough in some peoples opinions. Its all too common that we support the friends of our relatives and afford them positions in our family and a stature possibly beyond that which they have earned. We all know it happens, we all know why it happens, and most of us will readily admit we don't see it changing anytime soon. This, I believe, is our biggest downfall. The nepitisim that exists in our world will always stiffle the new blood, those that were eager to learn become deflated and bored as they watch their chances slip through their fingers as another old friend is given the chances before them, often regardless of the input they have had.

Ok, I feel like I may be side tracking myself so I'll leave it there for now, I hope I didn't meander as much as Chuckle did and that my points are clear.

Report Post Tip

Like i said, the point of the speech isn't for you to come out here and want to know if it is about a person or not. - Are you serious? I said I know what the point of the speech is, I am clearly asking a question.

Did she have a godfather in mind, i will answer that for you. IT DOES NOT MATTER.- Oh yes, yes it does.

Im not sure if you have a problem with your ears, or you just don't listen, the content is what is important not you wanting to know if it was directed to someone.-Content is very important, I can agree. But referring to a Godfather when there is only 5 in game is a big deel. Maybe she what talking about the Godfather rank in general or she could be talking about a certain person which is DOES MATTER to be honest.
If I feel something needs to be directed to someone i will tell them. So for the 5th time, care about the content and not if it is about someone.

Report Post Tip

My perspective is not better than anyone's here, I haven't been here long while some that spoke before me have done great things in their lifetime.  I do however have a different perspective.  Before I got here not too long ago, my family hadn't been in this city in 3 years, maybe more.  I'm talking about my different perspective because I can remove myself from the transition from then till now and just look at then and now.  A few years ago there were takeovers and takeover attempts all the time.  People would pop up one day with their own crew in an attempt to take over LCN in this country, or just to go out in a blaze of glory.  My dad and like 12 cousins, heh, were never apart of those crews, but they told me what was going on with much excitement.  There was a feeling in the air that anyone could be taken out.  Not to say it was easy, it never was.  My family saw some powerful ass people rule and survive a lot of coups.

Not only was there the excitement of power grabs and the attempts, all the families weren't as friendly as they are now.  Yes it's nice when people can live long, make lots of money, but this leads to what I'm getting to, as this is not just about how easy it is or is not to take people out, please bear with me...

What I'm saying isn't so simple as "war iz good, peace iz badd".  Look at it this way.  The world we live in is a unique one.  When things are quiet in this world, even if they're profitable, when things are quiet and monotonous it can be incredibly disappointing.  People will get bored.  They won't show up much and they will have a lot less to talk about.  So look at the forms of chaos I said used to be in these lands....that chaos kept people interested.  They felt like the whole world could change at any time, and sometimes it did.  So it's not just about war, but the threat and/or possibility of change stemmed into every other aspect of this world.  There was so much more to say on the streets.  There were interesting discussions and arguments going on all the time because not everyone loved each other, absolute power could be lost in an instant, people were just more active and interested.  There were more reasons to work than just to make some money.  And there was...Revan. 

I only spoke up here because I thought maybe my perspective, with the 3 year gap and all, might paint a broader, but also maybe a clearer picture of how much things have changed.  I will not get into what the great leaders of our thing or the gods could or should do.  It isn't my place and I just got back here. 

Final note, I am not leaving, I am enjoying my time here and I love being in New York.  I hope to get to know more of you and make an impact on our thing. I do have some peaceful, money making ideas I will be talking over with my people.  Things that will be profitable and entertaining. 

Report Post Tip

I think everyone here has made valid points in regards to the current situation we find ourselves in.

I agree completely that somewhere along the line standards have dropped, respect is not what it used to be in all walks of this world as I briefly spoke about in another subject. I myself and my bloodline has always put in the effort and shown everyone respect even if I had just met them or even if I think they are being disrespectful. I wish I could say the same about all people in this walk of life but I can't.

I can't speak for other cities or other leaders but I can speak for myself. I expect everyone in my family follow my example. I accept that people can fuck up and if they come to me I will try and help them resolve what ever shit sttorm they have created. I have standards and my family know the standards, they know that to get a promotion they have to work for rather than just get the requirements set by the Gods.

I think the majority of us see that there is a problem and I think in our own ways we are trying to rectify things and if I get 2 more people to be more respectful in everything they do then I know I am heading in the right direction.

I think street presence can be hard especially when you have a family as other leaders and hands know our time isn't just petty here and there some felonies. We are constantly talking with our members guiding them through life and then there is the resolving of the shit storms that I spoke of earlier. When I became family head I had all the intentions in the world for more of a street presence but I must say so far I have failed in my own eyes but I will do better and hopefully in the process will encourage others to do the same.

I think Hickey is within his right to ask a question. I understand that he didn't mention the speech but as he has stated that he has read the speech and that he understands what the speech is saying. Could he of gave his opinion? Yes but thats no a major problem is it?

He asked a valid question if Consigliere LoveGun doesn't want to comment on what she was refereing to then she doesn't have to.

Report Post Tip

Standards and Respect is what makes our world spin around its axis. Yes the axis wobbles and sometimes the poles flip but a modicum of the aforementioned is always in place.

Without Standards and Respect we would be nothing but animals nipping and tearing at each other without any care.

I do not believe that any standards have slipped in this world, always we have had the odd chap effervescing, letting the fizz out of his lemonade bottle without slowly releasing the cap. What I do think has slipped is the matter of respect.

We seem to degenerate into school boy bullies at the slightest hint of somebody seeming to piss on our stone. Where has the decorum gone when we see a respected Godfather and Don have a shouting match here in front of everybody. Surely as masters of our profession we should keep such things behind closed doors, there is one thing having a discussion and choosing to answer or not answer a question posed but you must draw the line at hanging soiled greying Y fronts on the line for all and sundry to see.

The better and bigger man is one who can take a veiled insult or so obviously aimed antagonistic jibe on the chin, sit back quietly and pull strings that matter rather than dance to another's tune.

Report Post Tip

By this point LoveGun was fairly drunk off her drink and completely annoyed by Hickey. His constant argument was giving her head a massive migraine. Not from the points he wanted to examine, but in the way he brought them to the spot light. Was this man just looking for attention? She asked herself. Maybe he was just as drunk as she was. LoveGun made a note to ask him herself, if she remembered.

The biggest question is, how did this man, who couldn't conduct himself properly in public with his screaming and yelling and the way he went about his topic, make his way to the rank of Don. He sounded like a raving goomba. A man who hadn't been around this thing of ours for not too long. Hell, she had goombas in her family that could put themselves together better then this man. LoveGun threw up her arms in frustration.

Mr. Hickey, I be seein' ya be makin' a mess of me lovely speech for quite too long. Now as Godfather Premeir be tellin' ye, if I wanted to call someone out I would have. I wouldn't have waited for ya to stumble over t' us and make a mess of ye self.

Now ye do be realizin' tha' we be all listenin' t' th' same thin' ye be listenin' t'. So when Godfather Premeir be sayin' somethin' ye don't be needin' t' do us any favors by repeatin' him. Save yer self some trouble and ye be perceived less as messy man. Have ye be dippin' into me rum stash or do ye always be talkin' this way?

Mr. Hickey, I be completely honest with ye right now, I be seein' two of ye, but somehow I can be managin' t' come t' our streets and be gettin' me point across t' ye without sputterin' around like a fool. I be also able t' be countin' t' four correctly. 1. 2. 3. 4.

LoveGun beamed a smile like she just graduated from kindergarten.

So, let us be puttin' an end t' yer request that has gotten itself more then a bit out of control. I bet ye be be hopin' I be targetin' a specific Godfather. I bet ye be hopin' I be targetin' ye Godfather. Here's ye big answer tho', I be sorry tha' I be dissapointin' ya. But I be more sorry for ye tha' ye be missin' the whole point of this here speach, tryin' t' twist me words, so what? What are you tryin' to be gettin' at exactly Mr. Hickey?

LoveGun sighed and answered his question.

No, I be not targettin' a specific Godfather, nor talkin' 'bout a certain person. It does not be matterin' because there be nothing ye be sayin' tha' matters. Me speech be about our whole community, not jus' one person.

She took in a deep breath and then another, but this time it was rum. She turned her bottle upside down and not a drop came out. LoveGun decided that she'd have to go find Crawford after this and he'd have to go take her out for drinks to soothe away her headache and annoyance.

One more thing before I let you go, Hickey.

"And as always, I say this with respect."

Jus' because ye be puttin tha' at the end of your comment, like a bright pink bow of a disclaimer, doesn' mean tha' what ye be goin' on 'bout won't be disrespectin' people.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Standards
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL