Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 11:59:12
Page:  1 
NO/ resubmit the SR. another sign of double standards Started by: jacey on Aug 02, '21 01:58

I was never informed that My SR did not possibly take. I always do my SR even if it minimal information like the last BA one I sent to LV.

Okay so  two things.  I did do my shot report not sure why the whisper that  I did not.  and I am not sure why you did not come and communicate to me that I may have forgotten or that it may not have taken, which is usually what happens before the person is shot for not turning it. 

1st Maybe it did not take. But I did do my SR for you guys on the form.  When I was leader of The Santuario there were issues with the SR coding that affected several members of the city that  had to be fixed by the SR Keeper for the Godfather, maybe this was the issue. 

2nd I guess you and Harper did not take too kindly that I pointed out that the SR are against player privacy policy.  I even did one for for harpers Sr in a back alley with the information that would only be allowed by the player privacy policy to prove a point. 

My point in pointing that out is this you folks in charge of things should be getting that player privacy policy reworded at the very least to make it so SR information that you ask for is not going against player privacy. 

I think  most of you take me wrong which is fine  I am used to that. Most people do not get me and most do not take the time to try to.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Demands to provide screenshots or copy/pastes of any information that is not publicly viewable.

The street corner this can be found on 

See the information you demand on the SR is not  publicly viewable.

You need to advocate to have this reworded

It can be as simple as advocating for it to say:  (Shot Reports not included.)

Report Post Tip

Jimmy looked at the body laying on the ground with an obvious gunshot wound to the head. The young man had spouted off some nonsense about shot reports - whatever the hell those were - before putting a gun to his temple and pulling the trigger. Shaking his head at the waste of life Jimmy pulled a hip flask from inside his jacket and lifting it slightly toward the body said "rest in peace" before taking a quick swig and moving on. 

[OOC: Even looking beyond the fact that you are airing family business in the open which should not be done, this is not the place for this kind of comment. I get not everyone wants to do full in character role playing all the time but if you are on the streets you should at least put a tiny bit of effort into staying in character.]

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Jacey, the issue is they weren't asking for a screen shot  or a copy/paste. You will have been asked to fill out a form, send a mail, or a back alley thread. If you really want to you can lie on that form. You can have 2500 kills and claim you aren't maxed, so its not a breach of the rules. If they had demanded screenshots of your personals to verify your kills, then that would be a breach of the rules. Something tells me that your death though, is not simply for failing to fill out a shot report. Di you run your mouth? Were you a cheeky imp? Come on, i know you feel the need to unburden your soul.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

God these get more idiotic each day. We take you wrong, because you are in fact, WRONG.

The privacy policy you pasted (which is from 2012, out of date, and superseded by this notice) specifically mentions certain things that are against the rules:

Demands to provide any private information for identity verification purposes is off limits.

Demands to provide screenshots or copy/pastes of any information that is not publicly viewable.

Demands to provide 3rd party messenger names for verification (aim/icq/msn and so on)

Demands to provide IRC verification of IRC connection info (hostmask/ip/gecos/ident and so on.)

There, I made it a fancy color for you to help you read it better. Unless the LV leadership is demanding screenshots or copy/pastes of said information (which I absolutely do not believe they have done or would do), they are not breaking any rules. But since this is an old version of the actual policy, I point you towards the new one:

Demands to provide any in real life private information for identity verification purposes is off limits. (Name, email, phone number, facebook and so on).

Demands to provide 3rd party messenger names, other website logins, or alternative online nicks, handles or identities for verification.

Demands of any member to use any 3rd party website, tool or app for any purpose.

Using any technique, tool or service to provide geolocation, fingerprinting, or any identifiers for verification.

Here, things are much clearer and more hand-holdy for people like you who didn't understand the original one - the goal of the policy is to prevent identity tracking - NOT to prevent leaders from collecting shot reports, or to provide trouble makers with something to whine about as you have done. If you had bothered to read the updated policy, and then the conversation within it, you'd have seen this:

I view google docs as OK.  To my knowledge, google sheets does not give identifying information, outside of the users account logged in as, so you are able to do so anonymously, with a 2nd google name.

If its on a 3rd party site thats NOT gdocs, like a custom written website at some other URL, then access to it needs to be optional, with no consequences what so ever for not using it.

Shot reports can be submitted via mobmail.

The demand part comes into play when its required, or 'understood to be required' or 'there are negative impacts if you dont' type thing.

Reply by: €Squishy at Feb 08, '19 17:41

Assuming your leader was using google docs, a trusted 3rd party source that administration has approved, they are quite within their rights to require you to submit a shot report. You have the option to lie, you have the option to not do the form and instead do a back alley or mobmail. But as with any action on this game, there will be a reaction that you can not control. I'm willing to bet the "leash" so to speak was much shorter for you, with how much trouble you bring down upon yourself simply by being you.

That is fine miss my point completely  and make me look bad here.

You folks always do. 

You never try to understand what I am saying, you just hate and use intimidation.   And then there is the Bosco's who have to name call. You don't even try to talk to me. 

I wonder sometimes if many of you people  revert back to that 12 to 15 year old mentality you started this game with. 

So finally I have the same respect for that you  have for me, or rather do not. 

That is a flaw in the wording of that policy and should be fixed. 

Report Post Tip

As far as it airing family business  When I wrote that I was not part of family, much like many of you do when you die and come back and talk about the falling out that people had that started wars, or when Madoka died and then shared the SR of the people she use to work with. I suppose she is still being upper structure. 

They did not even contact me and say there was an issue with my SR. 

So yeah take your double standards and shove  it up your nose. 

Report Post Tip

Do you really lack this much self awareness?  You come out here and get mad when people let you know the information you shared was flawed. So then you insult people and claim they attack you. You claim they threaten and have a child like mentality. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. Were you dropped on your head?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

To be quite frank - at this point I could give a fuck less about any point you try to make. Because every time you do, it's irrelevant nonsense like this. This "flaw in the wording" that you're imagining is from an announcement that no longer has effect, because an updated version was released. And even if it wasn't updated, there still is no flaw in the wording - only in the way you've interpreted it.

I've always tried to be civil with you and use reason whenever I banter with you, even with you seeing any attempt at reasoned discussion as "disrespect." I've grown bored of it and try to leave your threads alone because as you've stated you'll "never change."

But I won't just sit here while you spout blatantly incorrect slander at my fellow upper structure. Do your homework before you toss out you bullshit, please.

Furthermore, your choice of name is hilarious. No one hates you, they just find you annoyingly incompetent and vigorously self assured in your stupidity. As I've said before, it makes a nice little slide show. But I guarantee you're little more than a blip on anyone's "most hated' list.

And then there is the Bosco's who have to name call. 

Hahahahahaha!! I don't even know why you're so mad at me, but I'm not gonna lie - I'm flattered that I don't even need to speak to troll you.

As a matter of fact, I've never called you any names whatsoever. The meanest thing I've said to you is that your personality destroyed my interest in your discussion points, and I stand by it. Threads like this simply reinforce my stance.

FFS i just wasted a few minutes of my life reading through that and then double checking to see where Bosco insulted you and found out i could have skipped to the end i found out he didnt. sigh

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Jimmy shook his head and looked sternly at the young man who was spewing further nonsense similar to that of the dead man. 

"You really do just enjoy being the victim don't you? I paid the rotting corpse of your ancestor respect and your response is to get upset because I pointed out that he was talking about things that don't exist? Does your bloodline truly enjoy making enemies that much?" 

[OOC:

Apparently I wasn't clear enough - I don't give a damn about your thoughts on the shot report - and plenty of others have pointed out that you were wrong on that anyway. My point is that you are talking about he mechanics of the game in a roleplaying section of the game. If you are going to do so at least attempt to make it somewhat in character

"My father was shot because he failed to provide leaders with a report on his activities with a gun - though he had sent them through the proper channels. Even so, the God's have said in the past that forcing people to send in this information isn't allowed". 

See, not that hard - if your going to play a game of this nature you should at least be able to do that minimal amount of role play. Or, better yet, keep talk about the mechanics of the game in forums meant for the mechanics of the game, not here.

As for family business being discussed in the street - it's not something that should be done, period. That isn't to say it never is, but it shouldn't be done and I will point that out to anyone I see doing it, including snot nosed little shit for brains like yourself.

/OOC]

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well shit - it seems I opened my mouth and inserted my foot. I thought I had clicked into the Streets when I responded, apparently I had clicked on latest threads and this is in fact in the OOC thread. So, I take back my comments about it not being the place to discuss this - it is, in fact, the exact place to discuss this. 

That said, your still an idiot.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Jimmy_the_Hand, in your defence, I believe it was swept here after initially being posted in the streets because it was so out of character, although it had certainly moved prior to my response.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: NO/ resubmit the SR. another sign of double standards
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL