Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:38:53
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Sisterhood of the Travelling $200m Started by: Roman on Jul 20, '11 00:22

Thank you for being here with me, my friends.  Today was a day like any other of my 641 days walking around this planet.  I had just visited a few of the banks to remove some of my laundered money for that day's festivities.  What would I spend it on?  Coke, Heroin, Barbs?  The possibilities seemed endless!

As I made my way through the streets of Detroit, a car drove up alongside me and my trusty leader Kimble flagged me down from the inside.  He quickly informed me that he had found papers plastered throughout Detroit and they were probably circulating through the 7 other cities as well.  They read:

Jul 19, '11 20:23     Anonymous     Roman     $100,000,000     None     (Get Auth) (Buy off)

I immediately went through a mental checklist of what I would've done with $100,000,000:

-  Bodyguards, check
-  Pet dolphin, check
-  Cage to keep SpuffWaffle in, check, check, and double check

I then categorized through the things I would not have done with $100,000,000:

-  Put up $100,000,000 hit on Roman, check

After preparing my thoughts, I sent out word to my city at 22:27 that I was starting the Roman Fundraiser for a Cure and that we needed $200,000,000.  It all flew by pretty quick at that point but at 23:53:

Roman has been bought off the hit list.

With that the clock turned over to a new day, number 642 by my calculations.  Everything had returned to normal.  I want to make it very clear that I am incredibly appreciative of how quickly and strongly the members of Chicago reacted to this and sent in their hard earned money!  Furthermore, I have to send my deepest thanks to the city of New York for their contributions, they helped guide my city through a tough time, and it is a gesture not soon forgotten.  $183,000,000 raised in under 90 minutes,a touching display from everyone involved.

Finally, just to clarify and put Kimble's mind at ease, I didn't put the hit on myself to see if people still loved me.

Report Post Tip

Nodding he steps forward

It was my honor, to be able to assist Godfather Roman, and the great city of Chicago.

Hopefully the kiddies who have been saving up their lunch money for the last 10 years, had an exciting two hours to see if anyone would attempt to collect on the hit.

It was my pleasure to be able to donate to the buy Roman off the hit list fund, in times like these, you see the true test of men, and how they can band together.

Nodding at kimble and spuff, he walks away back toward his car

Report Post Tip

Having chewed through the bars of his makeshift cage (this old one really was getting far too loose and free with it's claims of incarceration abilities), Spuff glared around at the surrounding people. He was not amused in the slightest.

Whoever put that hit up, I hope you're happy with yourself. That money was meant for Chicago's new dolphin! And now, thanks to your antics, we can't even afford a porpoise. These are the end times, my friends. The rapture is nigh.

In all seriousness though, it was a great showing from the lads, and indeed the ladettes, to come together and get rid of this silly little hit in short order. Particular thanks to our friends from the east for chipping in.

Spuff returns Premeir's nod as the godfather of New York strolls back to his car.

You did well today, and to have straightened this out with such alacrity makes me feel chuffed to bits. In other news, if anyone has any information about who actually posted the hit, I'm willing to reward you handsomely for your time and effort.

Glancing around, he realised that he'd inadvertently wandered outside of his confinement once again. That being the case, he quickly made his way down the street before his captors noticed his absence.

Report Post Tip

I am very disapoitned that we're not getting our own crew dolphin. Thanks a-holes, now we're mascotless.

Report Post Tip

it was my honor to help out roman and the city of chicago tnoc

Report Post Tip

Pavelow is excited that we showed our resolve and alliance prowess and got this done.  

Report Post Tip

I'm happy to have been able to have helped, I only wish I could've given more. In any case it's good to see how quickly everyone banded together in such a time.

Report Post Tip

Simplicity walked up while dragging a SpuffWaffle behind her. Patting him on the head she smiled at her Godfather and those around her. A few men came over and forced Spuff back into his cage before moving back into their spots.

She had a good feeling she would be tempting fate now as Spuff would probably want to kill her once again for not allowing him to escape. Yet, she knew a few little boys would change his mind. She gave him 3 sparkling young boys and his eyes lit up at the sight of them.

Shaking her head she then spoke.

"You raised up a great city, Roman. It was our honor to show you how much we love and respect you."

Turning to the crowd she held a grin on her face and a hand on her hip.

"And to whoever put up the hit. Cute. I'll be sure to spit on your grave."

Report Post Tip

Such an eventful hour and a half it was to raise a whole 200 million.
Especially for Spuff who was let out of his cage for a while!

The things one can do with a 100 million are endless... putting up a 100 million hit on godfather Roman how ever is just as stupid as selling your car for gas money!
Yes that's right, you anonymous hitlister just earned the award "Joke of day 641 in the life of Roman".

Congratulations.

Report Post Tip

Monet's bush eyebrows knit together has he watches the creature rapidly escape. That thing really needs a bath, he mumbles, smelling its foul stench. 

He then straightens his back, hearing several cracks and creaks. 

As he bandishes his cane in the air, Monet says, Those crazy kids these days! Thinking they can throw around 100 million every which way. C'est tres tragique, non?  I'm not sure what kind of moron they think they are threatening something much bigger than them. 

Monet strokes his beard contemplatively before lighting a cigarette. 

Dumbasses, he announces before hobbling away. 

Report Post Tip

Looking disgruntled that Spuffy is again set loose, she whispered something at the ears of her Right hand "Go capture him , Roman will be please with it "

See what happen, Spuff is once again loose.....sad times, can't whip him again and again.

Seriously this shows that Chicago and New York work hand in hand in times of trouble.

Report Post Tip

It's mockable that somebody would suffer the expense to place a hit like that on the Hit List. Such a lazy man's approach. So fruitless in the end. A waste. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to pretend to not understand the motives behind putting a hit on a powerful Mafia figure, and wouldn't be shocked to see it happen again, be it Roman or another high profile mob leader. In this case I can only assume that the person who placed the hit under-estimated the City of Chicago. I was proud to be a part of the machine after watching this Family pull together to resolve this situation in such a timely manner. Salut

Report Post Tip

As a man who's bloodline has graced the hit list for sizable rewards, I can completely empathize with you old Roman. It also shows the true character of a city when they can all band together and put others before themselves to take care of such a monstrosity. I would also like to thank the members of New York who shared with us in our efforts to afford this bill.

Report Post Tip

Arista races to the streets to break out into song and dance

Go Roman, go Roman GO!

All was well within the streets of Chicago once again. A one hundred million dollar hit wouldn't hold back the Godfather, his people and even the people within New York.

It's times like these that really show the loyalty that Chicago has to their Godfather. To think otherwise was foolish upon the person or people responsible for attempting to put a large hit on Roman.

Thank you Godfather for being there for us, just as we have shown we will be there for you.

Report Post Tip

heres your sign anonymous hitlister

Report Post Tip

Not much more to add here that hasn't already been said. Another shining example of how Chicago does business, and how a great working relationship operates with our friends in New York.

Long live the Roman Empire!

Report Post Tip

I am so sad. Roman and -Premeir were going to buy us all ice creams but they spent money to buy off hit. Who ever posted it i hope you are happy becouse we wont get damn ice cream now.

Report Post Tip

The events following the posting of that ridiculous hit are testament to the solid bond between the families not only resident in Chicago, but our brothers and sisters of New York also.

A futile attempt indeed at undermining the stability that our world has achieved through the efforts of the likes of old Roman.

To place such a hit, is in itself an act of insecurity and that amount of money doesn`t grow on trees. Someone, somewhere, is spending hard earned cash. Any accountants out there who can`t balance the books this month because of a $100 million shortfall, need to ask themselves..........

"how much of a return did that investment realise?"

Report Post Tip

Shakes his head in dissapointment thinking what a waste of money.

Many of us sit here daily attempting to build this thing of ours and nurture it into something greater then it once was.  Actions like these just wreak of bitterness or jealousy.  However, what is heartening how quick people pulled together and how much loyalty has been shown by citizens.  Gives a ray of sunshine on a bleak action.

walks back into the alleyways before the G-Men find him.

Report Post Tip

Damnit you bought him off?

Oh I jest I jest, I emptied my bank for that old bean, he helped my father achieve great things and has been equally as helpful helping me get on my feet, A waste of 100million dollars I believe, just think of all the homeless and hungry that could of been fed, could even of provided meds for SpuffWaffle for another year or so, oh the possibilities,

Long live the Roman Empire!

Chuckie Cheers

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Sisterhood of the Travelling $200m
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL