Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:52:15
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The long night Started by: Ciaran on Jul 20, '11 21:34

Ciaran yawned and stretched as he stepped out of the car. He had driven all the way from Los Angeles and was finally back in Chicago. The sun was just starting to set in the west as he pulled up in front of his favorite eatery for some pizza. He slammed the door shut and walked around to the other side to let Rene out. She smiled at him in her typical vapid fashion and fluffed up her shawl around her shoulders. He took her by the arm and they opened the doors to the Pizzeria, where the host nodded and pointed them towards Ciaran's usual table in the back. They sat down and Rene made fast work of crushing up the breadsticks into small piles. It was her favorite past time and it kept her busy while waiting for the food. The waiter took their order just as Duke arrived looking nervous and hiding someone beneath an enormous fedora and coat. Duke slid in next to Ciaran and pulled the curtain closed as the other figure slipped in beside Rene and joined her in the fun of making a huge mess on the table.

Report Post Tip

as monkey looks around the room she notices a dark figure arriving at the centre table, duke had been trying to take back custody of herbie all day and monkey was getting sick of it, she knew if suke got him it was possible herbie would be hurt or worse, she stands up to leave, passing duke and watching him try to hide from her, she nods at the chef knowingly and makes her way to the exit, as she passes duke she whispers in his ear.

"you will never get herbie, he is mine, you canot abuse robots and get away with it, you are never going to see herbie again"

as she makes her way into a taxi she see's duke standing at the bar drinking a scotch.

Report Post Tip

Herby and Renee both crushed Bread sticks into dust on the table. they then used water and attempted to make breadstick castles. Duke was ammused with their attempts. He even chuckled a little. It was the happiest moment he has had in the last few days. Duke was nearly wore out from hiding Herby. Monkey had been chasing them for days trying to steal his good friend. This was the safest place he could find, but he knew the safety wouldn't last long. Duke walked to the bar, and brought everyone a Dr. Pepper. He opened each bottle and slid it to the people at the table. Herby drank down the brown liquid in an addict manor. Maybe Duke had given him to many Dr. Peppers.

Ciaran! its wonderful to see you. How have you been?

Report Post Tip

monkey suspects duke has had too much dr pepper as he dosent have herbie anymore...ohhh where could he be.. thats right, he is in a flight with monkey..

Report Post Tip

Ciaran looked a bit taken aback as he saw Monkey shooting daggers at Duke from the bar. He turned to Duke and spoke.

"I've been doing well. Rene and I just got back from LA. We're both exhausted from our trip and starving."

He paused at looked back to where monkey had been but she was gone. He looked back at Duke and spoke in a low whisper.

"What is going on between you two and...Herbert?"

As he spoke, Monkey sidled over and whispered something that sounded menacing and threatening in Dukes ear, leaving him wide eyed with fear, and then walked out calmly into the night to catch a taxi.

Report Post Tip

Duke looked around to see where the Whisper had come from. He saw a figure rush out the door. Duke sprinted across the restraunt, he knocked over people and flipped over tables. He threw the door open shattering the glass. He rushed out to the sidewalk and looked around. He couldn't see monkey or herby, but found a discarded coat and hat. He ran to his car, and sped off towards the airport.

Ill get you Monkey and your little friend toooo!!!

Report Post Tip

as monkey makes her way to the hq she knows that duke will have fallen for what she said about the airport, she knew that now she was safley inside her office in the hq there was no way he would be able to grab herbie, she knew this needed sorted out as soon as possible, they couldnt keep going on like this. herbie needed protection, real protection, duke had made herbie do un thinkable things and should never be allowed near metal again nevermind a robot.

safley int he hq she sits and thinks for a wile how she is going to sort this out.

Report Post Tip

Duke must have broke every traffic law ever created on the way to the airport. unfortunatly every cop between the airport and downtown and noticed too. Duke skidded to a stop infront of the airport terminal, and got out Along with about 20 cops. Duke spun aorund to all the screams, and knew he had no chance witha  shoot out, so he gave up. they took him into the police station. Duke paced the cell for several hours until he got his phone call. He made it to his good friend Ciaran... Ring....ring.

Pick up damn it!

Ring...Ring...

Report Post Tip

Groggy and disoriented in his hotel room, Ciaran heard the phone ring. Rene made it to the phone first and picked it up, her voice sounding tinny in the late evening.

"Hello? This is ReneMcQueen speaking, who do you wish to talk to?"

The voice at the other end sounded muffled as Ciaran reached for the phone. Rene handed it over and went back to sewing up a new dress that she was making. Ciaran put the receiver to his ear and muttered a greeting. Duke yelled into it that he was stuck in jail after blowing past a few stop signs and being chased by the fuzz and needed bailing out. Ciaran swung his feet over the edge of his bed and pulled on his shirt and jacket. He buckled his belt as he slipped his feet into his shoes and waved to Rene who mechanically nodded back at him and returned to her work. Ciaran arrived at the jail at half past 3 and stumbled inside to the desk.

"I'm here to post bail for Duke."

Report Post Tip

Duke had almost wore a path in the concrete floor at the jail from pacing back and forth. The was loud clangin of doors being opened and the familiar jingle of keys walking down the hall. The guard annoced he was free to go, and unlocked the door to his cell. Duke was escourted out to the main lobby where Ciaran was waiting for him half asleep. Duke grined. He knew he was pushing his luck with this, but Ciaran new he was good for it.

You are the best. What are you doing right now? I could use a ride to the HQ if you dont mind?

Report Post Tip

Ciaran grinned back at Duke as he strutted out of the jail asking for a ride to the HQ.

"Just let me pick up Rene first at the hotel and then we'll split. We have a LONG way to drive if we're going to make it to New York by morning. Also...you owe me BIG time with coffee."

He got into the Packard and waited till Duke was in and then sped away to go pick up the girl and his things. The moon shone overhead, just a half crescent and the stars twinkled as the last of the gas lamps burnt down to the wick. They arrived at the hotel and within a half an hour they were packed and back on the road, the cool summer breeze tousling their hair as they sped down the road to New York.

Report Post Tip

Duke was sleeping in the front. he woke up to hard bouncing from the car. He looked forward, and saw all grass. He looked to his left, and Ciaran was slumped over the steering wheel. Renee was in the back completely oblivious to the fact they were nearly out of control. Duke took control of the steering wheel and jerked it back to the road. The car reacted slowly as it started to slide sideways in the grass. its caught tracktion, and shot across the road and to the other side of the highway. Duke turned the wheel not as sharp this time, and the car gently drove back onto pavement. Duke let out a breath that he didn't realize he had been holding. he looked at Ciaran who was probably as wide eyed and as far from sleep as he was.

That was a close call! i think ill take over driving now.

Report Post Tip

Ciaran let the car slow down to a stop and turned it off. His breath came in ragged gasps as he shakily handed Duke the keys to the car. He was glad they were on a small road with no one as far as the eye could see. He looked at his watch which read 5:45. They had been on the road for a little over an hour and the sky ahead of them was just turning a pale pink. Duke and Ciaran switched seats and as they closed their doors, the worried looks on their faces turned to fits of laughter.

"You should have SEEN your face!" Duke said though choked guffaws. "I'll bet it was as priceless a yours was." Hooted Ciaran breathlessly. Behind them Rene looked on with mild enthusiasm.

"That was fun, can we do it again sometime?" She said blandly.

Report Post Tip

Duke glanced back at Renee, and shook his head.

"You are the craziest member in our crew."

Duke laughed somemore, but he remembered poor old herby. He laughter quited, and he turned the ignition, the engine rolled over, and fired to life with a roar. Duke slamed his foot down on the petal, and the petal went to the floor. The tires schreeched in objection, and the car started to speed up. Before he knew it, the Hudson was doing 80, and they were on there way to New York. Duke was more focused than ever to get to the Headquarters and find out where Monkey had taken Herby. The drove through some of the morning till they got to philly. Duke pulled into a gas station for a much needed break. They need fuel for the car, and fuel for people. Duke pulled up to an empty gas pump, turned off the car, and got out. He stretched, and shut the car door. The gas attendant came out.

"Top her off, and clean the windshield please."

Duke handed the man a twenty

"keep the change"

Duke looked around for a near buy diner, and spotted one next to the gas station. He gestured to the diner

"Do you guys want to get some eats?"

Report Post Tip

As soon as the car had been refueled and cleaned, they drove over to the small diner. It was a mom and pop joint and thankfully it was open. Ciaran hopped out of the car and opened the door for Rene. She stepped out still in her evening gown from the night before, although the men didn't look much better. Duke's suit was rumpled from his night in the clink and Ciaran didn't look much better. They decided to get cleaned up in the restroom before ordering coffee and some breakfast. The smell of coffee, waffles, bacon, and eggs filled the small diner as the little bell over the door clinked. They made their way to the restrooms and once inside they changed clothes, washed up, and Ciaran took a razor to the 3 day growth of fuzz. His facial hair made no attempt to look decent, it was all blonde and fine and made him look rather like a bum. After cleaning up, they met Rene who insisted on wearing her dress until the new one was finished and left to a table near the back. A few minutes passed before a plump, overly cheerful waitress in an aqua frock and white pinafore came over with a pot of coffee. She poured them each a cup and set the pot down to take their order.

"What'll you have sweetie?" She said to Rene

"I'll have toast and scrambled eggs." Rene replied, smiling cheerfully. It was the first time she had done so since she had started following Ciaran around. She set her menu down and folded her hands primly on her lap. The waitress looked next to Ciaran who ordered bacon, toast, sausages, and eggs. Lastly she looked at Duke and smiles, tapping her pen on the paper pad she held waiting for him to make up his mind.

Report Post Tip

Duke hadn't realized how hungry he was untill he stepped into the diner and smelled the wonderful aroma building up. Duke glanced at every item on the list. It all sounded wonderful. Dukes mouth started to water, and he slurped back saliva to keep from drooling all over the table.

umm ill have pancakes and bacon with maple syrup warmed up...

The lady wrote down his order and was about to leave when Duke continued on with his list.

... I will also have two fried eggs over easy, toast wheat with strawberry jam or jelly whatever you have. I would also like some hashbrowns and bisuits and gravey. Ill drink coffee for now but can you bring me an Oragne Juice and can i have milk with my meal please.

The plumb waitress stood with her jaw almost on the floor. She looked Duke up and down, and wondered one where he was going to put it, and two how he had stayed as skinny as he had. Duke nodded at his order, and sipped his coffee. It was really good coffee, and wondered where they got their beans. He sat the coffee back down on the table, and shut his eyes for a moment...

Report Post Tip

The waitress struggled to balance all the plates for the table but she finally managed to get them set down in the right order. She smiled and asked if they needed anything else. Ciaran asked for butter for his toast but the rest said they were fine and she walked away again. Duke opened his tired eyes and feasted them on the meal before him. Ciaran bowed his head and said a small prayer in Gaelic before digging in to his bacon and eggs. The food was delicious and all too soon they were finished with their meal. They paid the waitress with a generous tip and left the diner. By now the sun had risen steeply in the sky and was beginning to shine over the tops of the tall buildings in the Philadelphia sky. As they approached the car, Rene grabbed the keys and opened the drivers side door.

"I'll drive." She stated emphatically and Duke and Ciaran knew that they couldn't argue. They climbed in the car and tried to enjoy the next leg of the journey that would take them into the heart of the Big Apple.

Report Post Tip

Duke got some much needed shut eye from Philly to New York. Duke woke up in New York the all to familiar sound of horns, and stop and go traffic. Duke looked up at Ciaran who was drooling and snoring in the front seat. Duke pat his shoulder and tried to wake upd Ciaran. Duke whispered his name, and starteled Ciaran out of sleep. Ciaran reached for his gun and duke place his hand on Ciaran's hand to stop him.

"Hey its just me and we are in New York so wake up."

Duke watched Ciaran relaxed and layed his head back onto the seat. Duke looked around to see where they were in the city, and they were only a few blocks from the HQ.

"Good job Renee! you are a great driver, and im glad you took over for this last leg."

Finally they reached the HQ. 14 hours later and a near death expereince and they had finally arrived. The drive made the airport look like a peice of cake. Duke walked up the stoop and opened the door to the HQ...

Report Post Tip

monkey was standing in the hq waiting for duke, she knew he would have taken a long time to get there so she had made plans for his arrival, as she stood her stomache tightened a little when she saw him, this was one feud that needed to end and needed to end now.

Duke, you know I am not going to let you take herby, you also know that to get to him you will have to kill me first, I am telling you, that your abuse of him has scared him for life, he may just be a robot to you but to me he is a friend, a crew member and most of all a brother, i wil not let you take him, anyways he isnt here, still, if you want to prove it then bring it on...

and as for you ciaran, i thought better of you, you know what duke has done to herbie, and still you help him out,

Report Post Tip

Duke pointed his gun at monkey, but he heard the click of hammers being cocked. He looked around and their was crew members and Body guards all pointing back at him. he had no chance, and more important monkey was a fellow crew member. Duke slid out the clip to his colt 1911 and unchambered his round. then he placed the gun on the ground and put his hands up.

"First thing i have to say is Ciaran has no idea what i really did to this robot, so please don't look down on him for this. He is a good man, and he just helped a friend, crew member, in need. second it seems you have been moves ahead of me this whole time. It seems i can't win... Can we make a deal of any kind?"

The realization of loss was starting to set in. It was a a horrible feeling, and one he wasn't use to. He shook his head and hung in it shame and dissapointment with himself.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The long night
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL