Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 11:44:26
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
At Long Last: A New Writing Contest Started by: Mr_Kuku on Sep 10, '21 21:05

I am very happy to see a return of these writing competitions. The streets have been needing something like this for some time and it's good to see people taking up the initiative. 

I will also be very happy to help contribute to the prize pool and hopefully I'll be able to get the old bones moving again and deliver a speech of my own. Thanks Mr_Kuku for hosting. 

Report Post Tip

Thank you, Dr_KennethNoisewater - your involvement in this venture adds yet more kudos.  Apologies for the dysfunctional rejects attempting to derail it - what can be done, though?  

I look forward to your entry.

Thanks buddy.

Report Post Tip

With the cold blooded murder unfortunate passing of Mr_Kuku it has been decided that this Writing Competition will continue as specified.

Let's try and get some more entries in. I know I'm looking forward to some good reads. 

Report Post Tip

This is my story, and I hope to win the top prize, or maybe one of the other prizes:

I hear the head of psychology shout over "Wendy, here, we have a referral for you" and I sigh, wondering about just what I will have to deal with now.  It's a real pain having to psychoanalyse these guys.  Their egocentricism is driven by such inadequecy.  Sure, they think it's all about the money, and that that makes them "real men" but I know that is isn't that.  Nevertheless, I reply:

"Sure thing - let me have a look at the case file"

Straight away, I sense that this is different.  This is...  interesting.  It isn't just a case of one person underperforming, it is a spate of suicides, and a CL seemingly at the top of their game but just not really doing very much.  In fact, the report that I have notes that the CL seemed somewhat lacking when it came to time spent actually being around to lead the crew.  And apparently, a good half dozen or so members of this crew shot themselves in the head rather than continue in this person's employ.

The CL in question was recently shot head...  The reasons for that are unclear, but there are rumors.  The CL's offspring are around, but don't make much sense.  They seem directionless, and are oftentimes seem wandering the streets talking to themselves.  It also appears that the CL wasn't good with money or investments: the offspring is unprotected.  

I don't quite know what to make of this, but I'm interested.  If I can reach this person with the correct type of support, I could make their life much better.  But do they want to change?  What is driving them?  And could they end up with their parent - seemingly being given all the power that this thing can offer, but singularly failing to achieve anything lasting, leaving their offspring nothing but curious resentments and facile frustrations?  I didn't know, but I wanted to find out...

"I'll definitely take that case.  Let me get onto it now."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The Geezer didn't tend to enter competitions, he tended to nick whatever the prize was on offer but this felt different, this felt............almost sacrosanct.

'You know what, not sure what Kuku's offspring are up to or if this is still on the up and up but if it is?  I'll donate some of my ill gotten gains to the prize fund, it's the least I could do for someone who nicked something important..............MY HEART!

oi oi

Report Post Tip

The Diamond Heist by Geezer

Geezer runs through the woods with his partner in crime Stuttering Gabe as the police chase them. Geezer is wearing a t-shirt that says Toni Is A Girl's Name. They have just pulled a diamond heist and are now on the run from the law. He yells to Stuttering Gabe.

"Stash the diamonds in a nearby bush and then meet me in that cave to hide from the cops and we’ll be cushty" said Geezer.

"OK I w..ww…wwwii..wiiiilll, bbbb bbbbbos boss" he stuttered back to him.

Geezer makes it to the hideout and runs into the dark cave until the coast is clear. The cave was cool and peaceful until…..he hears a noise in the cave. Slightly rattled he calls out causing his voice to echo inside the cave.

"HELLO, Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, ...... IS ANYBODY THERE, There, there, there, there....."

He hears footsteps in the cave. He reaches for his pistol and cocks the hammer as the footsteps come closer and closer and closer and closer. This did not feel right.  His palms became clammy and the hair on the back of his neck stood up.  On impulse, he fires his gun into the darkness. The pistol lets out a loud crack as he shoots BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM click click click click.

"Shit, out of bullets”

He reloads and shoots BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!

A dark figure steps out from the shadows. It is Stuttering Gabe.

"Ssssss ssst sssstooo  stop stop stop shooting boss it's just mmm mmmmmm mmm me me me."

Feeling a cool bead of sweat drip down his back Geezer felt relief

"Did you stash the diamonds?"

"Yyyyyy yeee Yes yes yes yes yes yes I did. We lost the cops too. Now we take the diamonds to a guy I kkkkkk kknn kknnnnn know know know know that can move the ice and we split the money."

Geezer smiled wickedly. He knows that once the deal is done, he is going to kill Stuttering Gabe and keep the money for himself.

Because well, he’s a Geezer, he’s a bit wooooooooooah, a bit wayyyyyyyyyy a bit ffffffffffft shhhhhhhht ffffffffft

They never learn.

Thanks for coming out today Geezer I enjoyed your story very much.

Glad to see some more old folks coming out here and supporting a revival of street competitions. I hear its good for your hips, or makes you hip, whatever that means. 

Report Post Tip
Wonderful piece, Geezer.

I'm considering writing a comparative piece. Contrasting how the Monsterhair bloodline could degrade so completely to end up with Monster as a descendent.

Or perhaps one about how CLO has extremely able hands but still manages to appear a bit kinda tired.
Report Post Tip

Whoever does your research for you, needs to be fired.

SatoruGojo - you're right.

Would you like a million bucks?
Report Post Tip

A very generous offer from Wendy_Rhoades. Perhaps you will be offering some research grants soon? I'm sure we have a few historians that might like to come out and earn a bit of money. 

Maybe we should look at this for a future competition? Thoughts? 

Report Post Tip
I think this is one of a number of ventures I'd be keen to enter into.

If we were to start a research foundation which subjects would be considered, Dr_Kennethnoisewater?

The inertia and annihilation of the Titans, perhaps?
Report Post Tip

I think there are many subjects that can be explored. Our history has proven time and time again to be quite diverse and filled with both influential and controversial figures. I can think of a litany of events that could merit a research grant. 

I think I'd like to see some theses and proposals and seeing what might merit some additional funding. It seems like quite the venture. 

Report Post Tip
We would require significant capital to get something started.

And some organisation. But I am up for the challenge.

Shall we undertake a project pro bono to show what can be done?
Report Post Tip

I will make some calls to try and secure funding for research. I think we should set up a meeting to discuss the framework and see where the project can go. 

I think something new and exciting can be created from this. 

Report Post Tip
What troubles me, Dr_Kennethnoisewater, is the potential for trouble.

If I was to widen and deepen my research into one of the least significant, least impactful, least charismatic crew of recent times, the offspring of the assassinated CL may be upset. More people attended my father's funeral than his, despite him being a Don, so it's unlikely he has support, but he is noisy.

What measures could be put in place to ensure atewet harassment is kept to a minimum?

Or should we write about something else? Perhaps an historical event?
Report Post Tip

Well I would like to think that people have the common decency to not harass the project over a FAIR and UNBIAS assessment of the events. If we are providing factual information surely they shouldn't be trying to hide from the TRUTH. I think the facts will likely, in the end, speak for themselves. 

In the even that something was to come up, perhaps we will need to publish research via proxy. Perhaps one of the fine young research students may have a prolific future ahead of them? 

Report Post Tip
I think that if I were to write about Leonard's role in paying $100m in creditstock to the late, great Bosco for the annihilation of the titanically inactive crew of which I speak, I'd be inviting trouble.

I think instead we should investigate fake news and the problems of a lack of credible media.

Failing that, perhaps an analysis of Monster's complete meltdown and his stated desire to kill everyone?

The options are many.
Report Post Tip
I'm wondering if a research piece into the most embarrassing gunmen ever could work, Dr_Kennethnoisewater?
Report Post Tip

We would need to compile some data of hilariously missed shots an opportunities. 

Perhaps there is some correlation between these shooters and the deafening silence of reported news?  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: At Long Last: A New Writing Contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL