Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 23:59:03
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
At Long Last: A New Writing Contest Started by: Mr_Kuku on Sep 10, '21 21:05
Potentially. What I'm wondering is if more idiotic would be gunmen shoot first knowing they won't be ridiculed on the Streets?

Perhaps we should start collating data.
Report Post Tip

This definitely shows how necessary it is to provide information to the masses. If they don't know their history they are doomed to be ridiculed. 

Knowledge is a terrible thing to waste. Any attempts to stifle the spread should be further discouraged. 

Report Post Tip

Andraste stood listening to the two looking back and forth between them, she was considering telling her story, or a story, its not like anyone would know if she was making it up or not, perhaps a nice tale of religion, conquest and honor or... but it didn't matter, these two just kept on going, endlessly the prattling of those who loved to hear themselves speak, and then it was too late she had lost her train of thought and so instead of regalling them with a tale, she stood there. Once they were done she waited, assuming one would speak up again sooner rather than later, but when the silence settled over the street she shook her head, "This meeting could have been a mobmail," she told them before turning and heading back to wherever it was she went when she was not on the streets being outlandishly hilarious and pious and religious which was the same as pious, but pay no mind to the maker behind the curtain. 

Report Post Tip

@Adraste - please, tell your story here.  Not only will it have an audience, it will have a chance of winning many millions of dollars.

In fact, if you give us it, I will personally give you a million just for doing so.

How about it?

I'm sure @Dr_Kennthnoisewater would make an exception as well.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps you could be one of our first researchers Andraste you seem to know your way around the streets and have a proclivity for getting involved in things. 

You could score yourself a nice research grant in the future perhaps? 

Report Post Tip

Just to say, that by tomorrow, all entries must be submitted, and will be judged by the panel. 

Report Post Tip
Having received several notes of interest and requests to extend the deadline, we are remaining open for entries.

JohnnyGavin is no longer banned from entering. Please speak responsibly.
Report Post Tip

The Mad Hatter once asked me, "How is a raven like a writing desk?"  I simply don't know, not sure I ever will. This perplexes me and adds to my gallymongerness, that I know I have when I have brief moments of sanity.  I  know they are moments of sanity because, The Cheshire Cat has assured me they are. This maybe one I don't know, but I do know I like to gyre when I am fudderwacken.

Report Post Tip
Runway, AliceLiddell just beat me up...
Report Post Tip

WendyRhoades I think you were being a guddler to me, but The Cheshire Cat thinks you are  a JubJub bird. Either way you shouldn't try to take the mushroom pieces from my pockets. You don't know which one will make you shrink.....or grow. 

Report Post Tip
A special "Good name" award goes to GUNHOKING

Original
Report Post Tip

We are pleased to announce a winner in this contest! I just received word from the Trust that payment has been issued to a winner.  

You anonymously transferred 20.00 credits to Rorschach. The note "Congratulations on winning the contest" was included.

Congratulations! Hopefully another competition will appear soon for everyone to enjoy! 

Report Post Tip

Rorschach don't forget to claim your Quad CA from Nick_Valentine for winning. 

Big thanks to the huge support from LV. Glad to see them out here supporting the Rhoades family and everything they do for the streets. 

Also a big shout out to EvilClown and out friends in LA for the generous contribution! 

Report Post Tip

Well, this is a surprise - a very pleasant one indeed! Many thanks to Wendy_Rhoades and her Trust for creating this platform for me to perform upon, Nick_Valentine and EvilClown for their most generous contribution to the prize pool, Dr_KennethNoisewater for continuing on Ms. Rhoade's legacy and any other members of the support team I have neglected to mention. I would also like to take this opportunity to offer my condolences to the other entrants. Personally, I enjoyed reading all the entries submitted, and am as humbled by the outcome as I am surprised.

Report Post Tip
A really excellent contribution Mr Rorschach I have been in contact with Wendy’s probate lawyers as I understand they were holding all the prizes and funds in trust.
It appears however there is some irregularities with the paper work and a direct descendant of Ms Wendy needs to appear here in these very streets to unlock the bureaucracy.

Does anyone know where we can find this person?

It would be a mighty travesty if this generous prize fund stayed locked away in a vault with you unable to enjoy it!
Report Post Tip

"Great one Rorschack, love to see you win mate"

Misses his former boss and are really glad over that he won this contest.

Always a pleasure when some he knew wins a competion like this.

Tutte glad in mind lights up a smoke and continue his journey in crime.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

"Hmm, I can't say I'm surprised that the funds, 'had trouble' being delivered. If the rest of us 'bottom feeders' could be notified when the winner receives his money, we would appreciate it."

Report Post Tip

I can say the quad CA was sent when I was pinged by the good doctor. As for the rest of the rewards I hope they can be arranged for by those that promised them. 

Report Post Tip

"Of course the quad Ca was delivered, Nick is a man of his word, unlike some other person I won't mention."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Is this contest still open? I have a submission. It is called 'Japanese Spaghetti'. 

-----

The Yakuza was bearing down on me like a duck in heat. 'We've got to get out of here!', my wife yelled, pregnantly. California Bill was waiting for us with the getaway car a few blocks away. Or he would've been, if he wasn't dead. They were all dead, the Yakuza had blown up our whole damn ring. California Bill, Terrance Fishwhistle, Mortadella Anderson, Omar Watanabe, Righteous Alan, Pleasure Phillips, George Niceman, Dorian Treasurechest, French Mustard, Teemu Pukki, Truthbird Largemont, Yodeliah Ingot, Compensation Nightrain, Old Rip, Young Martin, Theodore Slim, Fat Hands, Wendel Shortleg, Beaumont Woodfire, Mikey Posterboy, Rick Korea, Bentley Nunkisser, Tarantula Wong, Buttertable Nakamura, Arturo Hubtucker, Patch Skip, Marco Seagull, and Cartwright Milkpunter. All gone.

We rounded the block in a hurry, only to find ourselves face to face with a blockade of angry gangsters. No. This can't be the end. 

'What have you done with my friends?', I shouted.

'They're dead', their leader replied.

'All of them? What about Big Gupta? Did he make it?', I asked.

'Nope.'

'What about Thumbley?'

'Dead.'

'Wife Johnson?'

'Dead.'

'The Armwrestler?'

'Dead.'

'Eleanor Hikingtrail?'

'Dead.'

'Small Walter?'

'Dead.'

'Dale?'

'Dead.'

'Fred?'

'Dead.'

'Sanjay Ericsson?'

'Dead.'

'Damn. I guess they're all dead.'

------

There it is.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: At Long Last: A New Writing Contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL