Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 13:10:36
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Some People just ain't worth it. Started by: Squirrelly-Dan on Sep 20, '21 18:57

Squirrelly-Dan walks into the streets.  He's haulin' on a dart, just chillin'.  He doesn't visit these parts much.  They've been devalued with the presence of a certain mobster.  Looks like he wasn't the only one that thought so...

"I came around the way the otherrrr day.....  and found one of my crew members in the obits.  Now Epiphany, beauty that he was - was still just a goomba.  Nonetheless - he was my goomba.  I quite enjoyed his company and I didn't much want to see him leave.  So - I's was a little upset.  I had suspicions because some people here are just sooooo fekn predictable, but I did what any good crew leader would do - I went on the hunt for the killer of my associate.  Alls that happened was my suspicions were confirmed.  WendyRhoades was the killer.  I've watched this bloodline carry on and irritate the general society for years now.  But - I've done my best to nots lets this person get in my headspace.  They're worthless and they're nothing.  Not even worth my time.  Now - I sit here at the funeral of a friend at the hands of my little Goomba Epiphany and I've gots to remember that despite the mild irritation that said person would be happy to know I have - they're still nothing.  Nada."

"So - I invite you all out to give the kin of WendyRhoades the silent treatment.  Until they can stop embarrassing themselves - I say we give them the silent treatment. They will get no more from me, for one."

@Squirrely-Dan takes a swig of whiskey and nods his head with resolution.  There was more important things to tend to.

Report Post Tips: 23 / Total: $460,000 Tip

While I agree that this is probably the most important topic that you will bring out to our streets to discuss, I have to say I disagree with your assessment of the situation. 

WendyRhoades has offered countless benefits to our community in the way of a masterful street presence and wonderfully active street competitions. Very important aspects of life around here in America. I'm sure as a humble Canadian you just aren't aware of the powerful impact active streets has on the community as a whole. 

Instead of giving Ms. Rhoades's kin the silent treatment, I invite you to step off your snowplows and meese and invite Ms. Rhoades's kin to come out and explain their actions. I, for one, would be very interested in hearing both sides of this story. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

No thanks. He’s all yours, mate. Good luck!!

Dr_Kenneth felt a small tug on the sleeve of his lab coat. Looking down a small street child was staring back up at him, dirty and likely homeless. In his tiny outstretched hand he held a, now grimy, envelope. 

"Message fo'ya sir!" 

Dr_Kenneth took the envelope and reached into his pocket pulling out a dollar bill. 

"Hey kid, catch." He balled up the bill and threw it at the kid. The kid's eye lit up and jumped for joy and ran off with his new found wealth. Dr_Kenneth unfolded the letter and read it once over to himself. 

"My, my this is very interesting! I will read it aloud for the benefit of everyone." 

I am from the bloodline of WendyRhoades.  Wendy had been advised that powerful forces from within Manhattan had demanded her execution.  Wendy's mother had publicly shamed a prominent CL, who was then goaded into attacking Wendy Sr.  From this, a strange NY alliance was formed between bloodlines at one time loyal to the notorious "Grin" bloodline, and others inexplicably loyal to Monster.

Epiphany, which innocent as an individual, was nonetheless executed as an asset to a city deemed to be irredeemably hostile to Wendy and her bloodline.

Dan's hatchet job is simply that: a hatchet job.  Should be join with the legions of low-lives hellbent on persecuting Wendy's bloodline, then action will be taken against his city.

Wendy's grandfather was instrumental in the annihilation of the inactive, ineffective Titans crew.  This should be an object lesson to those paying attention.

"This is very interesting indeed. I would be interesting in hearing more about this 'Titans crew' and nefarious plots going on between cities!" 

Dr_Kenneth turned the letter over. 

Hmm. It seems there was even more written! Pays to double check your work don't you think Squirrelly-Dan

Dr_Kenneth clears his throat. Excuse me, I get a bit phlegmy in cold climates. 

Wendy's grandfather looked at the lay of the land and was included in a number of high-level discussions about power plays that were afoot.  Wendy's grandpa paid $100m to Bosco for the head of the CL of the Titans, and the annihilation of the crew.

Bosco fired the shot, but Wendy's grandfather point the finger, and the last thing the head of the Titans heard was a whisper devised by Wendy's grandpa.

Wendy followed on in the bloodline's historical manner; making friends, forging alliances.  Some people, well, they just couldn't be reached.  So they went the way of Monster.  And Canada Dan - well, his RHM, historically, detests Wendy's bloodline.  I don't think even he knows why.

As for me, well, all I want to do is to build Las Vegas, introduce more writing contests, launch a $5m a week HQ scheme, and kill seven people on my hitlist - but in a way that is socially acceptable.  Dan isn't one of them.  

Well, well! It looks like you're in the clear ol' dannyboy. Perhaps staying out of things might prove useful for you. To be fairrrr, if this missive is true you might be better off staying silent on the matter after all! 

Report Post Tip

Sera smiles politely as she listens to the good doctor. Taking a moment, she smiled over at Squirrelly-Dan.

Evening fellas.

Mind if I get a little involved for conversations sake? I mean we all mean to keep these wonderful streets alive, right?

I respect wanting to hear both sides of the story, however, I am a little concerned at the middle man play. Why would Wendy's kin not want to address it themselves? They are after all a line that is very committed to speaking up.

On the flip side, after a conversation or two with Wendy themselves, I can understand why Dan might feel the way he does.

Now if the objective is to keep our streets lively, surely trying to silence an individual would not be conducive to this?

Shrugging her shoulders a little.

Just some things to think about I suppose.

Report Post Tip

I try to remain uninvolved in street bickering, I prefer to save my grandiose arguements for the courtroom. However, at the risk of becoming embroilled in something I don't particularly care about, I do have one point of order. The letter Dr_KennethNoisewater claims is from the bloodline of WendyRhoades makes reference to 'a strange NY alliance was formed between bloodlines at one time loyal to the notorious "Grin" bloodline...' as if the bloodline of Ms Rhoades finds such an affiliation unsavoury or reprehensible. The 'notorious Grin bloodline'. The Merriam-Webster dictionary describes notorious as "generally known and talked of, especially: widely and unfavorably known." By chooising the word Notorious, Ms Rhoades hopes to create an image of some nefarious plot within New York involving various unsavoury elements. However, what Ms Rhoades fails to establish is that at one time her own bloodline was very much affiliated and loyal to this same notorious 'Grin' bloodline. Someone needs to inform Ms Rhoades that she cannot benefit from both sides of the same arguement, if affiliation with Grin makes one unsavoury, then Ms Rhoades herself is unsavoury. 

If we take this to its logical conclusion, is it any wonder that certain elements within our various organisations would hold animosity towards Ms Rhoades iand her kin, without even bringing to mind the systematic victimisation her bloodline has allegedly wrought on numerous bloodlines throughout recorded history.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Seraphyna I applaud you for joining this conversation. I would also like to see Wendy's kin join us, but if they find it too dangerous to speak out for themselves I see no issues with a middleman for the time being. 

I fully agree with you. I don't think it is in anyone's best interest to silence people in the streets. Could this possibly be representative of NY's leadership style? I'm not one to say, but perhaps time will give us that answer as well. 

Lincoln_Lawyer strong points and good legalese. I will need to forward your response to my attorney so they can tell me what it means. Thanks for coming out though in support of not silencing the streets, it's always good to see people coming out against tyranny. 

Report Post Tip

Miss Rhoades was not killed to "silence people in the streets." She was killed for being a troublemaking, conniving, evil little person. Like all of her line, despite far, far too many chances. I would ask that you keep your backloaded questions about the leadership style of New York to yourself, until you know more facts. The Rhoades family line has no sense of truth, honor, or respect, and will twist everything said and done in their vicinity to their own benefit.

Sadly, it seems either you have fallen victim to their spell, or your are assisting them because you find it amusing. Either way, it is damaging to the streets as a whole. Young Mafiosi who are supposed to be learning under your tutelage might get the wrong idea of how things work around here.

What this line does is not "masterful street presence." They do not contribute anything meaningful to our society and never have. The street competitions you mention are regularly rigged in the favor of personal friends. They are a sham. Everything they say is littered with half truths, misinformation, and propaganda. For example:

-No one within Manhattan demanded her death. No one from Manhattan was even involved in the discussions that led to her actual killing.

-No alliances were formed between any notorious bloodlines.

-Epiphany's killing was a needless random attack on someone not related to the situation purely out of spite.

-Wendy's grandfather played absolutely no part in the removal of any crews.

-Wendy's grandfather had no hand in any plans, moves, or plans to plan moves that may or may not have been afoot.

-The leader of the Titans crew, aka DickGrayson, was not killed for any monetary gain, payment, or other Kuku related nonsense reason. They were killed in war, defending their city.

-Bosco did shoot DickGrayson. However, I can confirm that no secret whisper was left by the actual shooter, having been present at the scene as Bosco's RHM at the time. After the war, no $100m payment was made to Bosco or his kin, because no such agreement had ever been struck.

-Wendy's historical manner is not "making friends and forging alliances." It is manipulating people and harassing them when they don't immediately bite.

-No money for HQ schemes will be approved by this regime. You will not buy your way into leadership as others have before, we judge on merit.

-The seven people on this imaginary hit list are supremely unconcerned. No kuku has ever possessed the gun skill necessary to make any real shot.

Dr. Noisewater, while I appreciate you coming out here and saying your piece, and to a lesser extent passing along the letters so we do not have to interact with the person themselves, I must advise you to reconsider spreading this person's lies and misinformation in this way.

Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $500,000 Tip
Direct reflection of the leaders knowingly taking him in. Does not suprise me though half of this regime has shit for brains. On top the lack of giving a shit when they are leaders. I will gladly break it down for any of the leaders who feel I'm speaking to them, chances are I am.

Dr_kennethnoisewater - Easy there big shoots. I think a few people have an inflated sense of ego and purpose.

Like they say though, don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.

like I said - some people ain’t worth your time.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

"There was talk about 7 people on this lowly cretins hitlist. I can only assume that I'm one of them unless otherwise stated. If this is so, then this is a formal declaration of war on the part of the "mysterious sender" of the middlemans letters. As such, I believe that a first strike is not only valid, but absolutely necessary to ensure the lives of the sponsored members in the crews of this great country. I will implore everyone to eliminate this threat before it can become a problem. Furthermore, anyone who decides to stick up for, or attempt to harbor such a scumbag, should be subjected to the same harsh treatment as this troublemaker." 

"Dr.Satan signing off"

Thanks for coming out and speaking with us today Dagda I'm sure we all really appreciate your input into this matter. I appreciate your concern for me, but I am just a humble man asking questions and spending my time conversing in the streets. I'm interested to see how impacted parties will view the points you've made. 

GUNHOKING which regime has shit for brains? Are you referring to the same regime Dagda is referring to? Interesting if so, if not I'd like to see you expand on this topic some. 

Squirrelly-Dan right you are there bud. But what's wrong with a few inflated egos every so often? Better an inflated purpose than no purpose eh? 

Report Post Tip

Can confirm Dr_KennethNoisewater, no whisper was left for DickGrayson. Take it for what you will but that’s another lie that line sprouts.

Report Post Tip

I received a telegram from Barbados from the alleged kin of Ms. Rhoades. This could be very interesting if true!

Dagda, whilst I applaud your somewhat measured tone, I must take issue with your inability to understand the truth.  Here I deal with the fantasy that you peddle:

-No one within Manhattan demanded her death. No one from Manhattan was even involved in the discussions that led to her actual killing.

That is not the information that I was given.  I was told that remnants of the notorious Grin organization, historically hostile to the Wendy bloodline, were unhappy with Wendy's continuing sanctuary and platform.

See above.

-Epiphany's killing was a needless random attack on someone not related to the situation purely out of spite.

No, it was a retaliatory strike against an enemy city.  See above.

So are you saying it was simple coincidence that the Titans were removed upon Leonard's establishing himself in this thing of ours?

-Wendy's grandfather had no hand in any plans, moves, or plans to plan moves that may or may not have been afoot.

So it was a coincidence?

-The leader of the Titans crew, aka DickGrayson, was not killed for any monetary gain, payment, or other Kuku related nonsense reason. They were killed in war, defending their city.

The Titans were taken down.  They did not manage to kill a single person attacking them.  TBC

-Bosco did shoot DickGrayson. However, I can confirm that no secret whisper was left by the actual shooter, having been present at the scene as Bosco's RHM at the time. After the war, no $100m payment was made to Bosco or his kin, because no such agreement had ever been struck.

Proof can be provided of the payment.  It happened.  That you were not privy to said payment is perhaps telling. 

-Wendy's historical manner is not "making friends and forging alliances." It is manipulating people and harassing them when they don't immediately bite.

That's a despicable lie.  Wendy's father and grandfather were endless harassed, on the Streets and elsewhere.  Wendy's bloodline do not seek help from City Hall constantly, but that does not mean that harassment was not directed towards Wendy's blood.  Yours is a lineage that has not harassed Wendy's, but did, with others, engage in multiple killings of said bloodline (going back into history, I might note). 

-No money for HQ schemes will be approved by this regime. You will not buy your way into leadership as others have before, we judge on merit.

Let's not discuss some of our prior financial arrangements.

-The seven people on this imaginary hit list are supremely unconcerned. No kuku has ever possessed the gun skill necessary to make any real shot.

The seven people on this list are unaware.  Wendy's bloodline have, over the course of two decades, resulted in the deaths of scores of leading, guiding, and ranking personnel.  Just last week, Monster was shot dead as a direct result of Wendy and her bloodline successfully targeting him.  You did not have the good grace to receive the note of congratulations that Wendy sent you.  It was noted.  You will pay $4m for this lack of politesse. 

They've offered an exclusive interview to follow at a later time. Perhaps we will be able to pose some of these questions to them directly? Feel free to send me your questions directly and I will see if we can get some answers! 

Very interesting times we live in. Who would have guessed so much is going on behind the scenes around here!

Report Post Tip

I expected this sort of rebuttal - more lies on top of the previous lies to attempt to distort the truth. So I will, once again, correct the lies. Dr. Kenneth, I cannot address the person themselves, so I pray you will not think I am addressing you directly. They are certainly listening though, so there will be no need to take and deliver notes of my statements to them.

That is not the information that I was given.  I was told that remnants of the notorious Grin organization, historically hostile to the Wendy bloodline, were unhappy with Wendy's continuing sanctuary and platform.

• The information you were given, if it even exists and is not just a fabrication, is false. The notorious Grin bloodline has no place in Manhattan, New York, or to my knowledge this world at all right now. He is certainly not involved in any decision making processes if he is around somewhere.

See above.

• See above above.

No, it was a retaliatory strike against an enemy city.  See above.

• Calling a random killing on a mostly inactive goomba a "retaliatory killing" is precisely the sort of thing your bloodline is ridiculed for. I won't deny that New York is an enemy to you though - you have no place in our city or our good graces.

So are you saying it was simple coincidence that the Titans were removed upon Leonard's establishing himself in this thing of ours?

• It is absolutely coincidental that a war began at that time. The war and the reasons behind it are known to me and my confidences alone. I assure you beyond all doubt that Wendy's grandfather had no part in it. The Titans were not an immediate target, nor the reason for the war, they were simply part of the city that was preemptively attacked.

So it was a coincidence?

• Even calling it a coincidence is egregious - a coincidence implies that there was any connection at all, known or unknown. When the war started we had zero knowledge or care for how Wendy's grandfather may or may not have felt towards Dick. It was nonfactor, just like Wendy's Grandfather.

The Titans were taken down.  They did not manage to kill a single person attacking them.  TBC

• These statements are true, however not for the reasons you are using them for. Taking facts and painting them in a light that suits yourself is not the truth.

Proof can be provided of the payment.  It happened.  That you were not privy to said payment is perhaps telling. 

• I would love to see this proof, but sadly I know for a fact that it does not exist. That you believe I was not privy to the situation is absolutely telling, in another sense.

That's a despicable lie.  Wendy's father and grandfather were endless harassed, on the Streets and elsewhere.  Wendy's bloodline do not seek help from City Hall constantly, but that does not mean that harassment was not directed towards Wendy's blood.  Yours is a lineage that has not harassed Wendy's, but did, with others, engage in multiple killings of said bloodline (going back into history, I might note). 

• The bloodline gets what it gives - people harass you because you are known for harassing people. Karma is a thing in this world, and you are perhaps the best example of that fact. My line has only ever killed yours or had it killed for reasons relating to those current events - do not try to paint me as a bloodliner.

Let's not discuss some of our prior financial arrangements.

• My line has never accepted money from yours in exchange for auth - that is the topic at hand and that is the topic I was referring to. Any other financial arrangements are irrelevant and as you said, should not be discussed. However, your bringing them up at all inclines me to expect you to bring them up in your next response.

The seven people on this list are unaware.  Wendy's bloodline have, over the course of two decades, resulted in the deaths of scores of leading, guiding, and ranking personnel.  Just last week, ∴Monster was shot dead as a direct result of Wendy and her bloodline successfully targeting him.  You did not have the good grace to receive the note of congratulations that Wendy sent you.  It was noted.  You will pay $4m for this lack of politesse. 

•  Over the course of two decades Wendy's bloodline has claimed responsibility for the deaths of scores of people that they had no part in. This is known. Altercations between Monster and yourself were undoubtedly a contributing factor, but don't try to take credit for it. Monster was not shot for anything he said to you in any conversation. He was shot for breaking the chain of command and lashing out in anger - his kin accepts this fact and has learned from it - yours likely will not.
  • I did not accept the note because I needed no congratulations or other correspondence from Wendy. She was irrelevant to me and I already knew her aims for any conversations. I asked my secretary to redirect any further messages from her.
  • I will pay nothing to you.
  • Wait - I take that back - I'll give you four dollars to fuck off somewhere else.
Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Nick who had been sitting in the shadows listening to the conversation at hand for a while decided he'd like to involve himself to speak on one matter in particular.

"I'd prefer to avoid the topic at hand, as honestly whether you chose to ignore someone or not is entirely up to the individuals themselves. What I would prefer to speak on though, is Dr Kenneth Noisewater. You were hand picked by the gods for the position you currently hold, you were selected as a model citizen one who would be entrusted with showing the new faces to our shores the correct ways of conducting business and how to conduct themselves accordingly amongst our community. As we have rules and standards here, no matter how far those standards have fallen."

"I don't know that being a mouthpiece for Kuku (Or any troll for that manner) is appropriate of someone holding your position, whether you hold it by classical means or appointed by the powers that be you should act accordingly of the rank and position you now hold."

"In saying that, I implore you to not taint your reputation further by perpetuating the fictitiously narratives that the Kuku bloodline wants to spread. It is expected of you to be of the highest standing and to carry yourself as such, that is what I ask of you as part of Las Vegas and a part of the upper structure of the city. Whether you were appointed by myself or not and I do this in public to show that this type of behavior is not condoned by the uppers of the city you currently represent." 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Dagda I appreciate you understand that I am just here relaying some information and engaging in civil discourse about the goings-on in this fine thing of ours. I think there is a great lesson to be learned in engaging people in the streets in an unhostile manner where two parties are vastly in disagreement. This is something that many other members of our society could take notes on. 

Nick_Valentine I must have missed you at our HQ opening, and flipped just past your mail congratulating me on representing you. I'm sorry I will certain do my best to uphold your standards. I was not aware that forwarding telegrams and mails was against your city rules. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $123,456 Tip

"I think by the nature of your response it is clear you know what you're doing is frowned upon, and I don't believe I stated that anything you have done was against my city rules. I asked you to conduct yourself as a respectable upper of a city and not be a middle man for a troll is this too high of a request from someone deemed as a left hand and someone the gods entrusted to be a guiding hand to young mobsters? I don't that think it is. And sorry you're absolutely right it's solely my responsibility to seek out each member of the container crew individually and introduce myself to them when not one member of it introduced themselves to me in any cordial way. I'm going to leave this here as I've got no interest in being the next one to waste my time dealing with trolls and their street puppets." 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Well thanks for coming out here Nick_Valentine and giving us your thought provoking opinion on how to lead people. I'm sure everyone can learn something from this exchange and put it to good use. If anyone has more questions about puppets I'll be sure to send them directly to you.

As for now though I will continue to use my expertise and knowledge to teach and train young mobsters here in Las Vegas, a task which I was personally selected for, due in part to the failures of the ruling class to address the needs of the people. If you need any advice on training new people feel free to reach out to me. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Some People just ain't worth it.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL