Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 03:01:47
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Shut your PIE HOLE! Started by: CharlieBaltimore on Mar 28, '08 18:18
Is this what everyone is beening told?

I can't believe how quiet the streets have been these last few days. The only real talk going on that I can see is talk of people beating each other up, taking their money then sending it to a third party.

That, and some crazy man speaking of the walking dead, lord knows he needs some time with a team of shrinks.

Why are our streets so quiet of late? Is it due the the recent Wars that have plagued our fine community? Are people afraid of being associated with their parents? Have we run out of things to talk about?

I don't really see a lot of stuff going on downtown either, you know in the Business District.

Have those people turned to stealing a bottle from the liquor stores they just robbed and drinking it at the house?

Surely there are a few folks around that want to talk JUST to be heard (maybe that person is me...)

Can someone clue me in to what is REALLY going on?

~CB
Report Post Tip
I don't know about you, but I've taken my ball and gone home.
Report Post Tip
I agree with you Mr. CharlieBaltimore. Some, screw that, most don't have anything good to say so they stay back and commit petties and wait for something to happen.

I have not posted a thread due to fact I ran out of ideas but just now I have come up with one even though it is a dispute but this really ticks me off.
Report Post Tip
Well some people don't have anything better to do then rant rant rant. I would have no problem coming to the streets more often. Problem is debates turn into people ridiculing each other for the most part.

Seems like this is now a place to annouce your bold suite or a place for people to argue amongst each other. I've got plenty to talk about just doesn't seem like its worth it to have someone bash on your for a speech or idea.
Report Post Tip
People won't speak in the street unless they feel they won't be attacked just for having an idea. And thats seems to be what's going on. People are not finding it worth there time to speak out their idea, because they feel that they will just be bashed and tossed aside. Much like what BostonGeorge has stated before.
Report Post Tip
Many people don't want to come out, because, all there is to do is state your opinion and well... not many people are going to like your opinion very much. Other than that, I'm not sure what is going on, it seems like all of the same debates have been used so much that now even they can't keep the streets alive.

Also, for some reason, most of the big storytellers (RPers) have taken their trade in to the back alleys or keep them in private. Right now is not good times for the Streets. Not good at all.
Report Post Tip
I don't know, but that mugging competition sounds phenomenal. I think everyone should join!
Report Post Tip
AdaWong, you've made 22 speeches - hardly super-prolific. However, for the benefit of the 'petty doers' (most of whom have probably made more speeches that you), could you point us in the direction of one of your good speeches please? Ideally one worth listening to.

TheExoricts thanks you in advance.
Report Post Tip
And yes, I've been drinking heavily. Hence, I can't pronounce my own name.
Report Post Tip
TheExorcist, I am POSITIVE that is not the way to talk to a lady, drunk or not.

Nothing said in this debate was a dig at anybody, especially not a personal dig at someone...well at least until you came a long.

Don't get me wrong, I encourage opinion, but I don't think a personal dig is the opinion I was looking for, and it certainly doesn't ENCOURAGE street presence. Its people like you, that scare street speakers away.

Its a good thing for me I know Ms. AdaWong, and know that she will more than likely ignore you rude comments.

I ask you nicely though, if you want to join the 'general' debate, you are more than welcome. However, if you want to take stabs at people as individuals, then you can move on. That type of thing is not welcome here.
Report Post Tip
Regardless of how it was put, TheExorcist makes a valid point. Rather than a speech ranting about the lack of street chatter, why not come up with something original yourself in order to kickstart activity?

I also don't think TheExorcist was particularly "personal". I believe he was making the point that Ada's comments, especially the one along the lines of "most don't have anything good to say", don't just apply to those your thread is directed towards. It also applies to Ada, you, myself, any anyone else that hasn't done anything about it of late.
Report Post Tip
Charlie. He may seem out of place, but, he is telling the truth. She came out here and talked bad on every person who refuses to write on the Streets. Basically he took a jab at one person and she took a jab at nearly every single individual. So, please, that is not why people leave the streets.

Why people leave the streets is the way people shoot down debates like crazy, if somebody tries and changes something, they are put up with a heavy resistance of loyal followers of the old way and they do not like the change, or, they feel it is outright stupidity and they attack it accordingly. What the debate-starters feel to remember is that this is the way it is supposed to be. You are meant too have a heavy resistance when you try and change something you do not like. The people on this game do not understand that.

Usually, the thing they are debating about usually is either something that either can't be changed or something that can be changed, but, many people like being there. If it really is something that must be debated then the debater should not run away each time he gets pushed down. If that happened, we would still be torturing people openly and raiding villages.

The other main reason are the story-tellers, most of these people make a set story that only involve individuals that they know and many other people don't know to join or they blatantly make it that way. They are however now taking these trades in to the Back Alleys or in to the privacy of their own homes. Now, we are left with nearly empty streets and nobody is doing anything to revive them.

Lastly, we are having an increasing decline in players, because, well they did not like the state of the game. Also, I think that people are feeling a decline, because, with these new rules being instated, nobody really feels that they can say too much without getting in trouble. Exe; not being promoted past Wise Guy.
Report Post Tip
Silhouette, actually TheExorcist didn't make a point at all, he rambled on about one person, and that one persons habits. This isn't a point, its a personal opinion that was RUDE and disrespectful. As far as coming up with something original...as far as normal speeches go, I think this is pretty darn original...take a look down the archives a bit and you will find another speech by me....I dare you to tell me that speech has been here a hundred times before...maybe a few times (I know I did it about 4 years back). but give me a break...after all, this speech brought you in with your "high standards of debates".

Valentino, truth is based on FACT The only fact TheExorcist had was maybe the amount of discussions Ada was involved in. How appealing those discussions are and if anyone wanted to list is opinion and there for TheExorcist wasn't "telling the truth". He was making a personal attack...you said that Ada "took a jab at nearly every single individual" not sure what that means..but if you take a group of people and categorize them, they become a group and then find there way into a general discussion, like this one.

As far as why people don't come to the streets this is what i am trying to find out, obviously you feel very passionate about this, saying that the reason is they are shot down when they speak...again this is not based on fact, this is your opinion and I thank you for it, again this is the reason for this discussion...to get opinions as to why activity has gone down.

you then said that people debate about something that can't be changed or can be change, forgive me for being cynical, but 'duh' it either is or it isn't. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make there. as far as the debater running away it will take a lot more than an admitted drunk to run me off my thoughts.

As far as story tellers, I have an opinion about that as well, and thats not what this is about but I will touch on it because you did. if you want to tell a story to the folks on the street. I say do it! I love to read stories. but if you want to put on a play, with a script that your friends will pretend about being something they aren't then take it to the theater district in my opinion that thespian stuff should be in a theater, not in the streets. (OOC: creating a RP thread is not RPing your character, its having your character make up another character and then putting it in the streets, story time is fine, but IMO it doesn't belong in the streets.)

and lastly, and increased decline in players? I assume you mean members of our community...be no matter, there are at this time 222 sponsored members of our community, this after two family went down in the last week and a number of members of other families...this is fairly normal, I'm not sure wear you got your numbers but my numbers look fine. The new rules, are necessary to ensure the safety of not only YOUR crew leader but all the Crew leaders. Its important, AND in my opinion brings back the getting Made ceremonies that have since been disregarded. Made Man is a huge deal...a HUGE deal. and if you can't get someone to vouch for you, then maybe you should take a look at yourself and figure out why. Those of us that deserve the rank, should have no issues finding someone to vouch for them.

Speaking your mind is not a punishable offense, it never has been, and it probably never will be. You just ahve to be careful about HOW you say things. for example:

1) "CharlieBaltimore you are a fuckin idiot and you have no friends" ...this is disrespectful

2) "Charlie I see your point, but I beg to differ" saying the same thing without being disrespectful.
Report Post Tip
Charlie, he did make a point, if you read between the lines.

Silhouette and his "high standards" walk hurriedly away from the now near hysterical street speechster.
Report Post Tip
I apologize if I missed the point, perhaps you could help me to understand. I have no problem admitting I am wrong. However, no matter how valid a point, if there is one, doesn't make it okay to attack someone on an individual level.
Report Post Tip
"I agree with you Mr. CharlieBaltimore. Some, screw that, most don't have anything good to say so they stay back and commit petties and wait for something to happen."

This comes from Ms. Adawong.

Basically, if I fix this up a bit and make it a bit more legible, it would read.

"I agree with you Mr. CharlieBaltimore. Some people? Screw that. Most don't have anything good to say, so they stay back and commit petties and wait for something to happen."

She made an attack on people who do not post on the streets. So, one of them attacked back. Fair play if you ask me.
Report Post Tip
I don't think it as an attack at all, I look at it as "if you don't have something nice then don't say anything at all", I don't see it as an attack. This is just my interpretation and I am okay with it not being the majority.

However, if Ada DID attack a group, I don't think she did, but for the sake of argument I'll pretend I believe that, then she did so without making it a personal one, if someone took it personally when no specific names were given, then it just makes her point more justifiable, as someone has a guilty conscience about it.
Report Post Tip
Well, whatever, I was just pointing out that Exorcist is right. This isn't about opinions at all. It is what is right and what is wrong. Just because she has tits gives her no more rights to be a jackass than him. Nobody has anything on their conscious because, people who talk privatly have nothing to feel bad about. They are just one of the groups we have on the game.

Let me put this simple. You are a biker and you have a TV show. You go on the air and say "Wow, Car drivers are pathetic." This is an attack on a group and you are going to get angry mail.
Report Post Tip
woah woah woah, settle down tiger...we are just having a discussion here...

for one, Ada never said that non-speakers, were pathetic.

and so we are clear, I was unaware of your gender until just now...so its obvious that the sex of the debater doesn't matter. At least to me...the topic of being a woman is something else we could discuss as women are a group of people. we should do that else where.

again, lets say for the sake of argument that there was concrete facts that made TheExorcist 'right'. Does that make it okay for him to disrespect the person that was 'wrong'? I don't think so.

I will use your example here. If Ada was a biker and she had her own TV Show she would have said "Car drivers drive cars because they don't like bikes" and TheExorcists 'angry mail' would have said, "Oh yeah, well your bike riding sucks and maybe you could point me to a place where your bike riding didn't suck."

Lets be honest. Ada said that some...correction...most people don't have anything good to say (no good ideas, bashing people that are making an attempt..etc etc) and you are going to say thats an attack against a group of people...this actually could be a fact...222 sponsored folks in our community and 6 new speeches in the last 3 days and 2 of them are mine... yep I guess people have better things to do than give speeches...this could be a fact.
Report Post Tip
"TheExorcist, I am POSITIVE that is not the way to talk to a lady, drunk or not."

Straight from The Baltimore. Anyways! I don't care enough about this enough to keep a fight going.

Dissapears.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Shut your PIE HOLE!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL