Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 15:01:35
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Fundraiser: New Writing Contest Started by: Rocky on Sep 26, '21 13:13

Rocky jobs to the podium and begins to speak

Friends, the last contest was a resounding success.  Some entries, solid support from the great and the good, and most importantly: no casualties.

We are minded to do something even bigger this time.

For this, we need YOUR help.  

This here stage is to raise funds for the next contest.  I will take no administrative expenses: all cash or perks pledged here will go straight to the winners of the contest.

I have recruited an independent judge to assess almost all of the submissions (the exception to this is one entered late in the last contest that I have responsibility for).

So, please pledge your support here, in cash or kind, and I will then announce a prize structure!

In the event of too few submissions, I will spend time on the Streets and import other speeches and consider them for a prize.  This is a radical departure from the norm, but I find it highly exciting.

So, come on now: flowah - Gil_Gunderson - Bazza - Sonic - Motorhead - Seraphyna = SadaBaby - Caoimhe - Circle-of-Fire - Maverick - Adalynn - SlimShady - Bleach - Puzzled - Dagda - Uncle - Luis_Patangeli - @SatoruGuju - Squirrelly-Dan - Diogenis - Qui-Gon-Jinn - Butter_Cup - Odin

Pledge your support to make the streets great again!

This will also be a platform to showcase some exciting stories.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Andraste was leaving the church after spending countless hours in prayer for guidance on how to manage what the world had thrown at her when she heard a familar voice, one that grated her ears and spread through the headquarters for far longer than she had wished for. She considered going to hear the full speech, listening to the words of the pilgrim who had sought refuge with their family when he was cast out, and her good-natured beliefs that everyone deserved to be heard. But this one, this one would blow smoke up his own ass just to feel something. 

Which meant that instead of coming to the streets to partake in some sort of ritual of jumping through hoops or bending over backwards, Andraste was going to do what the world already assumed she did. She'd spend the time on her knees in silent prayer and contemplation, because on through that would she be able to see the truth of the world she lived in. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Andraste - your support would be particularly welcome. Your way with words is impressive
Report Post Tip
The judge is a promising young writer named EddieMame. I'm happy for additional judges to be appointed - the main thing is that I'm not judging, Bazza
Report Post Tip

Lincoln_Lawyer - could you act as the contest's official lawyer?

Report Post Tip

Rocky, colour me suspicious, but why would a competition require a lawyer? The fact that you are looking to recruit legal representation before even publishing the rules for the competition is suspicious to say the least. That being said, I ordinarily would be more than happy to be Counselor for your competition, however, as I am currently on retainer for Infinite Void, we could potentially end up in a situation where there is a conflict of interest, and therefore I will have to recuse myself from acting in any official capacity at this time.

Lincoln_Lawyer - I simply want a form of oversight.  

Not legal representation as such - more an expert opinion on how fair the process is.

Report Post Tip

Rocky, that I can do. I would be more than happy to look over your competition structure and ensure that it is fair and impartial.

Report Post Tip

Rocky to support the integrity of your competition and to hopefully garner the masses into investing in your endeavours ~Shady Records~ will provide the following to Lincoln_Lawyer, to be held in bond, until such time winners have been announced:

• Achievement Reveal/Bookkeeper (Lifetime)
  • Bodyguard Upkeep Perk (365 Days)
  • DFP Stacking (60 Days)
  • Organized Crime Proficiency Perk (30 Days)
  • Pick Pocket Perk (30 Days)
  • Pied Piper (30 Days)
  • Police Bribe (Wackback Death Save)
  • Super VIP (30 Days)

Report Post Tip
EvilClown - that is extremely generous.

I'll pledge $5m to the prize fund, also.

Bazza?
Report Post Tip

That is a very generous donation Mr Clown, very generous. I would be happy to hold on to these on behalf of ~Shady Records~ until such time as they are awarded, or I return them to you. There are several awards there I wouldn't mind winning myself if I were brutally honest.

Report Post Tip

I can certify that I have recieved the prize donations on behalf of ~Shady Records~ and will hold them in escrow until such time as they are required or to be returned.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Lincoln_Lawyer - I hope that you enter the contest.  Given the judging overview, it would be considered objectively.

As the contest's accountant, as with the judges, you'll receive a small fee for your work.

If I could ask ALL CLs with an interest in the Streets being alive to please encourage budding writers in your crews to enter.

Thank you all

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the consideration of financial renumeration Rocky, but it is unnecessary. I would rather that any fiduciary consideration remain in the prize pot in order to adequately reward those who enter.

That's very generous, Lincoln_Lawyer.  

I just hope that we get a lot of entries

Report Post Tip

Rocky, I am very disheartened at your actions. You gunned down a valued and honourable member of our family under the guise of some holy crusade and vendetta of those stuck at the rank of Wise Guy, without ascertaining why Lostboy was the rank he was. I thouggfore have no alternative but to seek compensation from your estate for the family of Lostboy. To that end I have petitioned the Supreme court, in particular Justice Pierce Butler for a Cease and desist all commerce order and a seizure of premises and chattels order on behalf of the late Lostboy, and have liquidized the assets available, notably:

• Achievement Reveal/Bookkeeper (Lifetime)
  • Bodyguard Upkeep Perk (365 Days)
  • DFP Stacking (60 Days)
  • Organized Crime Proficiency Perk (30 Days)
  • Pick Pocket Perk (30 Days)
  • Pied Piper (30 Days)
  • Police Bribe (Wackback Death Save)
  • Super VIP (30 Days)

These have been liquidated and the funds transfered to the family of Lostboy as restitution. May the Lord have mercy upon your soul.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $240,000 Tip
Lincoln_Lawyer - please provide proof of this supposed liquidation and transferral
Report Post Tip

Oct 07, 06:27:54    Your accountant has made payment of $2,500,000 to xxxxx. The note "Compensation from Rocky" was included.
Oct 07, 06:27:02    You transferred 10.00 credits to xxxxx. The note "Compensation from Rocky" was included.
Oct 07, 06:25:09    You have regifted Pied Piper (30 Days) to xxxxx.
Oct 07, 06:24:21    You have regifted the Pick Pocket Proficiency Perk (30 Days) to xxxxx.
Oct 07, 06:23:53    You have regifted the Organized Crime Proficiency Perk (30 Days) to xxxxx.
Oct 07, 06:23:19    You have regifted DFP Stacking (60 Days) to xxxxx.
Oct 07, 06:22:49    You have regifted Achievement Reveal/Bookkeeper (Lifetime) to xxxxx.

All transfered to the family of Lostboy. I'll not be providing their identity, so if you require any further proof you will need to petition Cityhall. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $140,000 Tip

I would like to launch an appeal against the restitution paid to LostBoy. It seems rather plainly stated to me that the slaying of LostBoy and this contest serve as completely separate incidents, not to mention the glaringly obvious fact that the hiring of the Lincoln_Lawyer in the first place was done specifically to separate the estate of Rocky and the winnings of this contest, most of which was donated in a fundraising effort by various people of different rank and family from this thing of ours (that is to say, none with any particular allegiance to LostBoy). Just because LostBoy took a lead How Do You Do to the dome does not mean you can simply act without proper legal recourse nor precedent, whilst making up phony Supreme Court cases that would be logistically impossible to push through on such short notice. Many people put their blood (namely LostBoy, another unfortunate victim of writing contest-adjacent violence), sweat and tears into the work on display here, and it pains me to see the supposed legal counsel for the competition act so flippantly in the face of his duties, something which I must admit makes me question his credentials as a writing competition lawyer altogether. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $6,000,000 Tip

EddieMame, the only prize components I held were donated by EvilClown, and if he has a problem with my actions I will deal with him personally. If you have any issues with the competition prizes donated by other families, persons or groups, then I suggest you take that up with the estate of the late Rocky, who was in possession of those donations upon his death. As for how quickly I am able to process applications through any of the courts of the City, county and state of New York, all I will say is it helps if you are close personal friends with various members of the judiciary and promptly pay and required 'court fees.'

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $10,000,001 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fundraiser: New Writing Contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL