Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 01:20:26
Page:  1 
Incentivising Getting Made: OK to Kill WiseGuys? Started by: Rocky on Oct 06, '21 16:45

Folks, those of us who are still associates, but have obviously big enough pockets to carry around the sort of weight that Made Men carry: should we still be as protected as those who are Made?

Seems to me that a person can choose not to be Made and receive the same protection as a Made.

Is this right?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Mikazuki heard a question possibly as old as time itself posed for the masses in the streets. He wondered how on earth people still couldn't realize something so painfully obvious. Something that repeated itself over and over again. He spoke up.

"Rank is pretty irrelevant when it comes down to survivability. Sure, there is a chance that in the event a war breaks out you may be spared by being a Wise Guy. However, there have been many wars in history which have shown a scorched earth policy. The point being no one is truly ever safe in this world of ours."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Surely the point of being Made is not to sign a suicide pact in the event of war?

Surely we see Made Men as something honourable and worthy? People who are as respected as their Boss and their words may as well have been spoken by the big cheese themselves?

Surely, to be Made, is not just another step up the ladder of mundane tasks we carry out to satisfy our existence between breakdowns?

Surely I know this is the case but while Ole is at the wheel we can hope we are driving to the promised land.

Just remember though. I do whatever my bosses say and, as a Gangster, I'm a no mark knobber.

Personally, whenever I see someone who could step up and be Made still languishing as an associate, I'm overcome with near homicidal rage.

More than once, I've seriously thought about murdering some no mark WiseGuy.

Report Post Tip
I have it on good authority that SatoruGojo cares not a jiffy for the lives of his WiseGuys.

By hie callousness he has identified himself as an enemy of the people and must pay the penalty. Up until now it has been Dagda paying in WiseGuys, but his are now safe.
Report Post Tip

Isnt it ok in a mafia-world to kill anyone? Just wonder, this question is very weird for him and he really wonders how its even anything to discuss much about.

Its all up to GF who it is to be killed in a mafia-war or perhaps not, I always follow my GF and CL when a war occur.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Roya kicks a pebble out of the pavement, while listening to the man's words. She puts her hands in her pockets and try not to laugh one more time. She had listened to his father and grandfather's rambling before and yes, she was a patient person, even being an arab woman who enjoyed killing men. 

When he stopped speaking and everyone had a say in it, she cleared her throat:

"Excuse me, but what the hell are you talking about? Do you want to compare an associate, a wise guy to a made man? Someone who earned the trust of their family with sweat and hard work (unless you're talking about our lineage, which you didn't mention at any point)? I myself a couple of blossomings ago, was a young wise girl! And so did my mother and my grandmother, they were all new here. I didn't knew anything of this world of ours, do you really expected that i had the same role as a boss, for example? I'm not belittling the importance of associates, gangsters, earners and wise guys. I know that you have your reasons (as even serial killers have) and i know your lineage is known here. And i have to say, my man, hated too. How can you appreciate this existance? Where your kin returns and have no home, no shelter, cause nobody wants your bad blood to be around? Is that okay? Have you ever thought about not distilling hate everytime someone of your family gets killed? Are you still remembering a war from months ago, still salty about SatoruGojo and still targeting Dagda? If you hate them so much, if they are so wrong, why do they keep thriving and you and your kin keep being rejected? Is the world wrong and your highness right? Please indulge me with your wisdom, i would like to understand you and maybe, turn into these abject people who supports you. Maybe you can shut me up and make me regret all my words? Be a turncoat? Please, enlighten me. Oh Oh Oh! Sorry, before i end my speech, i would like to clarify that i'm not taking sides in an old dispute, as i'm new here. I'm just saying those things as a person who's been here long enough to see you doing the most shitty stuff i have ever saw in my entire mobster life. So there you go."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Tutte hoped this was the last presentation for long time since even this question were a weird one as so many others from a man that really dont know how to handle other around him  and try to gets friends instead of just enemies.

He truly were glad for what he read Roya wrote and agree fully to every single word.

Every rank in this world is a joke. Omerta a joke , loyalty a joke. Reflection of our current leaders. No one respects people who just sit idle until a war is over. Ship jumpers becoming leaders/ Don's.  Rogues getting crew invites the very next morning as themselves. Uppers leaking war plans but still continuing to lead. 

Made does not matter. Leadership does not matter. Look at the standards set by the current regime. Peace offerings is all they will be remembered for. A joke really.  

In "business" wouldn't "winning" really be whoever makes the most profit and you can't make a profit when you're dead? Maybe the best leadership is actually the leadership that means that the most people survive for the longest time. Look at Germany. Appeasing the "bad guys" is sometimes the best way to avoid war and that "whole situation" seems to be working it out just fine. So a few ships got jumped and a few war plans slipped out. So what? We don't want this "place" turn into a bloodbath like a writing contest.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

*Zeitgeist made his way over to the specific, rather shady section of the streets where, on the surface anyways a fairly straightforward question had been posed, but it was one that upon closer inspection had a bit more substance to it than most probably are prepared to acknowledge. Zeitgiest held quite a number of unpopular opinions and it did occur to him here that there was a pretty high likelihood he was about to express yet another unpopular opinion*

I think it's worth mentioning before we dig a bit deeper into the question or issue raised here, that I don't think it makes sense for a Made Member of any family to be able to kill a Wise Guy (or any other rank for that matter) as any sort of perk or at least without the knowledge that there would likely be some form of repercussion and importantly that such a repercussion is justified. It makes sense that any slight or attack on a family would be met with the offending family having to rectify the situaiton in one way or another and we see this play out in our world all the time.

What I do think this indirectly highlights however is that we are "too peaceful" in many of these instances and the reason for that is that it's simply too difficult to commit any form of violent act without almost always being caught. If a Goomba from one family insulted the honour of a Don from another, I like to think that in a fair amount of these situations this situation is going to end in blood. Perhaps we are more evolved than previous generations of mafiosi and we recognize the value of the almighty dollar, war and the death implied by way is bad for business and we are prepared to run that risk anymore. Perhaps this comes down to the rank of Made Man losing some of it's sparkle and prestige and they weren't seen in the same light anymore. 

*Zeitgeist paused for a moment to remember stories he had been told from his great grandfather*

In the old days it took two to three times as long to earn a button, and certainly to move up to the ranks of Capo and Boss and Consigliere took real committed effort and a huge amount of dedication and only the select few of our peers rose to these ranks. It seems now that we are all overachievers and if we show up for work consistently without doing anything special or significant we are able to achieve promotions. In such a system does Made Man actually mean anything anymore?

*Zeitgeist stops for a moment considering that perhaps his views are too dated and he should get with the way things are now, things move on and change, but that doesn't mean all progress is for the better. He sighs and waddles offf*

Report Post Tip

The almighty dollar should not be placed over our core values and in all honesty has very little to do with the issue. People are not gangsters. They dont conduct themselves as true memeber of our society. Crew leaders are more entitled to help there buddies then help there family they swore an oath to when they stepped up. Money is only a part of our lifestyle, it's no excuse to throw away your dignity.  

If money solved everything there would be little to no issues in this world of ours. 

Rank means nothing the title of godfather has been so saturated its ridiculous. How many people currently did absolutely nothing but remain inactive until after wars were done,  yet are rewarded by governing city's/districts.  That makes no sense. 

This is not buisness simulator this is the old country.  I'm not sure what "winning" means but I'd assume everyone has there own opinion of it. 

How many people currently did absolutely nothing but remain inactive until after wars were done,  yet are rewarded by governing city's/districts.  That makes no sense. 

Suprise Suprise😭😭😭😭

Report Post Tip
Remember drugs are bad.

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Incentivising Getting Made: OK to Kill WiseGuys?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL