Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 14:27:20
Page:  1 
A Tale of Two Families: Manhunt Started by: SammySoul on Oct 06, '21 18:39

A Tale of Two Families: Manhunt

The Prequal: Read Here!

The cold air had a distinctive bite to it that dreary November morning. The faces started to blend in what felt like an eternity passed before Sonny was finally laid to rest. It was a few hours short of a week since Sonny's fiancé had found his slouched lifeless body tied to an old oak dining chair passed down from his grandmother. The poor girl had only been seeing Sonny for just over a year, but young love knows no bounds and it wasn't long before she dawned a beautiful diamond ring. Hell, Sonny probably pocketed that ring off an illegal poker game he was fond of frequenting. Regardless, he couldn't stop the few tears from escaping as he wondered what life Sonny and Laura could have lived together if three .38 caliber rounds hadn't replaced the grey tones of Sonny's basement floor with a dark blood-stained burgundy. Even with Sonny now six feet under St. Johns Church, Sammy couldn't help but think of what he would do to the Sicilian once he got his hands on him.

Samuel 'Sammy Soul' Santora and Sonny Romano were not widely known to be of close kin, but Christmas dinner would not have been the same for Sammy growing up if it wasn't for his cousin being there to keep his young mind entertained. The two at one point in time were inseparable, but long past were the days of playing cops n' robbers in the alleys behind their grandma's house in Little Italy. They had grown apart some time ago due to the four-year age gap leaving Sammy the elder. Toys, slingshots, and imagination had been replaced by guns, money, and women in Sammy's later teen years, leaving Sonny mostly behind.  The two hadn't spoken since Sammy had moved to LA some time ago, a regret Sammy unfortunately would have to live with.

The Brooklyn Bridge felt twice as long that afternoon as rage and sadness intertwined in a dance through Sammy's mind. Why was an associate of a local family gunned down without authorization? And furthermore, why was it handled by an outsider? These questions wouldn't take long to answer due to the criminal underworld being a surprisingly small, but well connected, community. Even though $5,000 was quite the hefty price, it was the blood price Sammy had to pay for the commission to authorize the hit on Paolo Franchetti. Most of that cash would make its way back to Paolo Franchetti's family once he was confirmed dead. The only questions now were where is Paolo, and who was willing to heed the call for the manhunt soon to come?

Sammy wrote a letter that contained a phone number as well as the simple phrase "To make one's bones -SS". Sammy sealed the envelopes and sent the letters out to all the trusted HQ's he knew of and waited patiently by the phone for a response

-SS

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip

Mikazuki had finally made it to the East coast. Upon landing his limited connections in the Big Apple were thankfully able to located SammySoul. Mika hopped in a cab and made his way straight to the Brooklyn Bridge. The cabby drove over the bridge and towards the other end Mika spotted Sammy and asked the driver to pull over. He tipped the driver well and stepped out. The car then left in a hurry. Mika walked over to Sammy and gave the man a nod.

"I got your letter."

He scratched his head.

"When I called the number no one answered so I feared the worse. Took me a bit to get out here too with flights delayed due to weather."

He stepped closer to Sammy now and spoke softly.

"So mind telling me what's got you on the other side of the word? As well as why the hell I'm out here with you?"

Report Post Tip

Waiting for a cab in the big apple was always a chore for SammySoul. He had his car with him, but with the roads being so crowded there was no point in trying to take it around. Some of his peers had made it to the point in their lives where they didn't have to drive themselves anymore but unfortunately for Sammy he didn't have the clout to pull that off.

"Finally.." he thought out loud as a yellow cab pulled up beside him spraying water from the curbside.But to his surprise, a familiar face stepped out. It was Mikazuki . Left speechless, Sammy's mouth dropped wide when the Don approached him.

Coming back to his senses with Don Mika in his face.. "Don Mika, its my pleasure to see you. I see you got my letter, through I must be honest I never received your call." looking around he motioned for Don Mika to follow him inside to the apartment he was staying at. For now, his other errands can wait.

The apartment was in an area for low income residents and it definitely showed. The halls were filled with rats the size of schnauzers and trash that was lazily left next to apartment doors instead of walked to the end of the hall where they easily could be disposed of. Once they entered the apartment only a mattress, folding card table, folding chairs, and a kerosene lamp could be seen. Sammy offered Mikazuki a chair and prepared to explain to him the back story...

Some time passed as Sammy filled Don Mika in on the backstory of Paolo and what let him to wanting to hunt the man down.

"So, Don Mika.. this task seems a bit above the likes of a man like yourself. I wish I could of told you this over the phone. I totally understand if you wish to leave. But..." he paused and cleared his throat before lighting a cigarette to calm his nerves. "If you would like to dust off the old piece you carry around I would be glad to have your help." taking a long drag off of his cigarette one final time before putting it out in a full ashtray on the table. 

"So Don Mika, are you in or are you out?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Tale of Two Families: Manhunt
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL