Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 07:33:01
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
New York Speaks on the War Started by: PrinceofCheese on Mar 30, '08 09:30
Well well well

It's been a while eh?

Looks to the scaffolding over his shoulder

As you might expect we have been been assisting in the rebuilding of local businesses over the last week post the horrific war...for a share in the profits of course.

I thought it would be good to come out today and close out any questions you might have about the war between Philly and New York with a single statement before I move onto other matters elsewhere.

My gorgeous RH Deviant has already come to the streets and expressed many of my feelings closer to the time but I think it's worth rehashing some key points so we are clear. Limoncello was authed after the unfortunate death of Altitude (RUP Champ). It would have been foolish to remove her at that point as criminals needed homes and she was already somewhat established. I must admit, I had my doubts at this time, she had virtually no street presence, a fairly mediocre reputation for leadership related behaviours and activities and made little effort to develop relationships. Nonetheless, people deserves chances. I don't give chances easily so I expect people to grasp them with both hand and take advantage of the opportunity.

To be blunt Limoncello did neither, she set about accumulating a gun and well, bugger all else. Naturally this worried me. Some of my trusted associates promised me she would grow and develop and was no danger once we did not threaten her. I took their word and gave Limoncello every opportunity and support. She could have gone from strength to strength and made a name, a legacy for herself but instead she grasped at power.

What were their reasons for the war? Hard to explain really, mainly because it was so nonsensical. Limoncello and her trusted comrade Adebayor claimed that I treated them as subjegates when to be frank the exact opposite was true. Day after day I tried with renewed vigour to empassion their presence as a family but I failed. Certainly I mentioned to certain individuals in her close circle that a couple of distasteful characters were approaching ranks of honour and personally I did not approve of this. However, was it my family? No, was it my choice? No. I merely expressed opinions, something Limoncello never really learned since she sat on her antisocial chair in the corner all day long. Naturally as a Consigliere you might attach a certain amount of sway to the opinions of a Don. Afterall in rank alone I was her superior. Whilst I trust her to run her own city ultimately she must respect my status.

One must know their place, ultimately to make it to the top you have to make sacrifice, bow to those who have more power and status that you. I did this many times under the metaphorical leadership of Johnny_Axe and even Oliver_McTavish who I disagreed with on occassion. That is natural, that is the way of things, respect must flow upwards. Until you attain similar or same status you should smile and keep your head down. Needless rebellions in the face of inactivity and to be blunt, shit leadership are folly. How Limoncello could have come to the conclusion that this was an intelligent manouver is absolutely ridiculous. Her bloodline has for decades complained of not being given a chance and when she is given the full support and backing of me and my allies in the face of much distrust in the community, she betrays it.

For what I gave her, she should have been ultimately grateful until that day when she attained a similar status as myself in both actions and rank. Instead she betrayed it and can not expect to see any such fortune again whilst my allies or I roam these streets. I hope she as she lies watching from hell is ashamed but I would guess not as after a discussion with a friend of mine I find her daugter, begging on the street, legs open (Reminds me of good old Regina, j0ngott, get involved), started shouting "How does it feel to have POC's **** in your ***" . It seems that intelligence and respect are beyond this bloodline and I can only hope they wise up sometime in the future.

As it stands, bloodlines disgraced. Philly destroyed, we must reinvigorate. I see no direct need to offer any HQ to Philly at this time. As I look across the map I find a scowl forming at the city as my fine men lie in their graves. If and when an outstanding candidate(s) comes to the fore discussions will begin with the other leaders.

I see this as a statement closing off the issue really but if any sensible and respectful questions are formulated I'll be more than happy to address them.

Much love,

Cheezo.
Report Post Tip
Are you really offering "Much love" or is that just a figure of speech?

Someone runs up to Hondo and slaps him over the head, reminding him that the Cheese asked for sensible questions. Sighing, Hondo addresses the issue that is currently plaguing his brain and reducing his brain capacity to zero.

I know you were hellbent on giving this lass her chances and opportunities and all that jazz, but surely you should have at least warned her about a week prior to this war that she needs to sort her life out and start acting like a decent family head? I can understand you "putting up with it" so to speak, but what's the point in giving someone a chance if they don't know how badly they're performing? Some people need to be told what they're doing wrong, and helped. Maybe you should have told her how she could improve, as it was apparently her first time at leading a family (I don't know, that's what I'm told).
Report Post Tip
She was told, she knew.

Don't forget, she warred me, I did not war her. It wasn't as though my patience ran out, I merely responded to a war she started against me.
Report Post Tip
FYI Hondo, this was not this person's bloodlines' first time at leadership
Report Post Tip
It was Limoncello's bloodlines first time...
Report Post Tip
Permission to speak sir?
Report Post Tip
GO K-DAWG GO!!!
Report Post Tip
Don't forget, she warred me, I did not war her. It wasn't as though my patience ran out, I merely responded to a war she started against me.

How long would it have been before you warred her? If her leadership style was so unacceptable, maybe you could have acted sooner and had the upper hand from the start of the war? This isn't a criticism by any stretch, just a genuine inquiry.

Isen7 steps back and hopes he hasn't come across disrespectfully
Report Post Tip
I would never have warred her .

Some of my most trusted associates guaranteed her integrity and I personally invested a good deal of resource to try and develop her BAU skills so it would have been a waste of an investment...

I trust the opinions and judgement of my close advisors, as it turns out that went against me this time but everyone can't be right 100% of the time and I feel fair and just in giving Limoncello the opportunity she had.
Report Post Tip
As I wait, bursting with anticipation for what K-Dawg has to ask, I decide to throw my 2 cence in.

Firstly, I'll address Honda, the answer to your more serious question is yes, POC really does offer "much love" and he likes it rough.

Secondly, POC, I would like to commend in an extremely heterosexual way, your RHM Deviant. Although I do not agree with your announcement regarding Deviant's beauty, I think he's an ugly son of a camel, however, I would like to say that, as a member of the cheesy bastards (I think that's our family name . . .), we are very lucky to have someone so dedicated and worthy as Deviant.

Thirdly, Isen7, I suspect but can not confirm that POC did not act sooner as fancied Lemonseller. Either that or the associates telling him to give her a chance thing, despite popular belief to the contrary, POC does occasionally listen to people.

Fourthly, K-Dawg, what are you going to ask? Seriously, I've been waiting for about an hour now!!

Stands down and pushes K-Dawg to the front . . .
Report Post Tip
El_Nino taps Talon on the shoulder

That chap you have pushed to the front is a bum in disguise.

Pointing to the badly disguised snoring bum in the corner

That's K-Dawg, he is hiding away in the corner getting some shut eye. I bet he will step up to the plate when he wakes up.
Report Post Tip
Ah, you know me too well Mr Nino. haha!!

My father thought me a lot while I was growing up to prepare me for this life of crime we live in. And being a very opinionated man in himself, he thought me to think for myself.

In my eyes, there are six major cities within our community and each of them has its own unique way of being ruled and governed. It has come to my attention along the way that whoever holds the most power within their OWN city seems to think that it gives them automatic rights to decide the fate of other cities. Now I can see that when you have the power, anyone else coming to a similar stature within their own city becomes a 'possible' threat. However, on the whole, what goes on within one city should be none of anyone else's business but the family who governs said city. And likewise, what goes on outside of anyone's city should be no concern to anyone inside of that city. Im speaking here about family business, Omerta, and not necessarily general community business.

When we 'elect' or 'auth' a family to govern a city we should allow them to get on with that. Certainly, if we auth someone and we feel confident in their abilities to lead and to govern, we have a responsibility to guide them in their hour of need.

Limencello's bloodline has been around here long enough to know how to lead. You learn how to lead by the example of those who have lead you. And Limoncello's bloodline have had a wealth of experience which in itself should have been a preparation for her to wear the bold suit. It would seem that she felt 'out in the cold' or 'unlistened' to and this had caused a 'bone of contention'. In retrospect how isolated she felt should have been no consequence. If she felt left out of matters outside of her own family business, why get upset about it, because that was where she belonged, OUTSIDE of matters not relating to her own family.

Had she succeeded in her quest to extinguish our good family, no doubt it would be her now coming to the streets explaining to the masses how right she was to war us, and the good population of our streets would no doubt be singing her praises and patting each other on the back telling stories of how much MrCheese deserved to be toasted in such orderly and timely fashion. Such is the way of the masses.

Hopefully there will be a lesson learned.
Report Post Tip
What's the lesson? History is just the victor's version of events? That's definitely the way it seems, and the way it is, and to be honest the way it always will be. Part of winning is the ability to cast everything you've done in the light you want people to see it.
Report Post Tip
Unfortunately gracious K-Dawg there are 3 errors, in my opinion, in your train of thought.

Not all leaders/families are equal - that's a basic fact, undeniable, there is a hierarchy of leaders, whether metaphorical or not, it exists. When you auth someone, you have expectations of them and you hope they will fulfill them, generally you communicate these to them beforehand. This was not the case with Limoncello. Note that I have authed the majority of the leaders and have strong bonds with most of them. I have no problems with these guys and they run their businesses as they see fit because of communication. A skill Limoncello sorely lacked.

Relationships matter - You can't be isolated in your own city if you don't have the power. It doesn't work. No leader ever, has existed without key supporting/similar leaders. Note, Limoncello came to auth somewhat by default rather than my preferred choice. I did auth her yes but the circumstances were unique.

City leadership - that's your view, it has been done in this way occassionally in the past but ultimately I don't live in the past. I'm here to help mould and define the future in new and different ways. What goes on in other cities does concern me as if it irritates me I tend to do something about it. Your bloodline will be well familiar with this during the Ganelon reign and otherwise. With the current population we can barely sustain 6 cities to begin with...
Report Post Tip
I love the way you say that ..... 'Errors in my train of thought'. Ill have to get my brain dissected later and put the train back on the right tracks again. Its all this crazy Paddy's Day beer catching up with me.

Fair points made. And I agree with you on the most part. Population size does not merit each city doing its own thing.
Report Post Tip
I did say in my opinion :P :P

Mainly because I'm sure it was a momentary error error overload overload scenario

Either way, good discussion, good discussion.
Report Post Tip
Well, it brings up another point....

Whats the point in becoming a leader if all youre gonna do is follow along to what everyone else wants you to do?

Would life become monotonous and boring if each leader were nothing but 'token' figureheads ?

Surely, any leader would have demonstrated individuality and would have done things and said things along the way to make him/her stand out among the rest. So, why should he/she then sink back into a 'follow the leader' role as soon as he gets his/her chance to RUN a city of his/her own.
Report Post Tip
So, why should he/she then sink back into a 'follow the leader' role as soon as he gets his/her chance to RUN a city of his/her own.

I guess even some leaders, who are the ones with the ability to protect themselves etc, mean that sticking your neck out on issues and being outspoken means someone's gonna cut your head off (metaphorically or not...). The point is, some people are so desperate to get that shiny leader badge that once they've got it, they'll essentially suck cock to keep it. Outspoken leaders are called arrogant, and resented by those who wish they had that much balls.
Report Post Tip
*think that sticking your neck out...
Report Post Tip
One must be wise in words and actions.

That is expected of a leader. You don't walk into a garden, post to deliver and kick the hungry dog do you?

You tentatively walk by, leave your post and move on. Leaders who are authed at capo don't go bold with dominance in mind on day 1, bide your time, keep your head down, talk where you feel passionately and let things slide which you don't care about. My bloodline was a leader a couple of times during the reign of the great Anita and there were many things I disagreed with which daddy and granddaddy either shut the hell up about or talked through with her by improving our relationship. I see her daughter now every single day and consider her one of my finest friends and would die for her and the drop of a penny.

The more you can enforce through power the more you can speak up, such is the nature of the mafia. However, those with relationships can often succumb such boundaries to an extent...
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New York Speaks on the War
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL