Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 23:24:21
Page:  1 
The Morning Show: All The News That's New Started by: BradleyJackson on Oct 19, '21 14:51

"Hi, I'm @BradleyJackson, and this is The Morning Show (TSM).  I plan to speak truth to power, and because of this, expect to be murdered in short order.  But I will be in good company.

At the moment, this thing of ours is being led fairly steadily, but without much flair and panache, by a group of grizzled veterans.  My office contacted all of them, but was ignored, so I am unable to provide you with much in the way of interviews.  So, TMS will be mostly analysis and commentary.

The biggest news story at the moment is of course @Lincoln_Lawyer's Writing Competition

Watch this space for more stories about it!"

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $200,000 Tip

THE DEATH TOLL SO FAR!

LostBoy - WiseGuy - executed because of intelligence received of links to the custodian of stolen competition prize funds.

Honesty - Gangster - executed because of intelligence received of links to the custodian of stolen competition prize funds.

Rocky - Capo - Killed in Action.  Understood to have been involved in undercover intelligence gathering, targeting and assassinations.

Rocky2 - Journalist - murdered for speaking truth to power

Rocky3 - Journalist - murdered for speaking truth to power

AntonioMontana - Journalist & Goomba - murdered simply for entering the competition.  It should be noted that previous competition winner, and current contestant @AmeliaGato attempted, but failed, to kill Antonio.  Allegations persist that she was removing the her competition in the competition.

EddieMame - Earner, Judge, Journalist - Eddie distinguished himself as a veteran of judging previous competitions without fear or favour.  His task was made difficult for him when @Lincoln_Lawyer controversially awarded first place prizes to someone who hadn't entered the competition.  But Eddie didn't let that cloud his judgement: such was his enthusiasm for incentivised competitive writing that upon being shamefully overlooked as a judge in this current "competition" he wasn't put off.  Eddie entered the competition on good grace and was shot in the face for his trouble.  Seeing a pattern emerge here?

Robert_Karshardian - Lawyer, writer, Made Man - Robert was gearing up to writing the winning entry in LL's competition when he was gunned down - but not before he had written a punishing expose, second only to this one, of the skullduggery of the Competition Time.

NeilHamburger - Writer and Wise Guy - it is believed that he was killed by another contestant in the writing competition.  We are continuing to investigate.

There have been other murders linked to the contest as well, but they are still being investigated.  But at least nine people have lost their lives so far.

We are duty-bound to ask - is it worth it? 

Report Post Tip

@LINCOLN_LAWYER'S LEGACY OF LITURGY AGAINST LIL KUKU

Overseer of mass killing in the name of writing, LL, levelled a number of accusations against the Kuku bloodline.  We at TMS have decided to look closer into this.

1 - Curtis hated Kuku

LL alleges that the Curtis bloodline hated Kuku's.  Whilst there is some evidence that Curtis displayed a strong desire to kill Kuku, Curtis basically killed at least one person from many bloodlines over the years.  And there is no actual evidence of a C-on-K killing.  Yes, Curtis gave Kuku a public dressing down on a few occasions, but Kuku was the first to admit that the Curtis' legendary lethality was enough to cause an immediate climbdown and issue an apology.  Could it be, then, that Curtis almost felt a type of mentorship towards Kuku?  Curtis in fact auth'd a Kuku once.  Kuku's crew was infiltrated and attacked Curtis's, but Kuku stayed loyal, refusing to take part in the rebellion.  One of Curtis's crew shot the Kuku dead, but Curtis sent word that he'd "see Kuku's son alright."  Kuku's son was given a cool million bucks.  The actions of someone who hated him?  I don't think so.  

2 - The Kuku bloodline has killed more than an average number of people

The Kuku bloodline has only really killed one person of note, and that was Premeir, and that was a long time ago, except for one much regretted killing that we won't go into.  The rest of Kuku's victims have been middle ranking people.  What is interesting is that the Kuku lineage has hundreds of members; many, many more than most.

Which clearly means that Kuku has been targeted far more than it has targeted.  Fact.

3 - Kuku has access to extreme wealth

This is nothing more than a dig at the Commissar's defrauding of City Hall.  The Kuku lineage, aside from this shameful period of time, has no more access to extreme wealth than the average member of our society.  It is mischievous, bordering on spiteful, to make such accusations.  

4 - Kuku was the power behind the Grinning Gang throne

Again, no evidence to back this up.  Kuku managed to bring in a large number of esteemed Made men into Chicago at the time, and was listened to carefully at all the CL meetings he attended (which were not much more than zero), but he wasn't orchestrating the wider moves at the time.  The notorious Grin lineage, as you have charged, frequently wanted to kill Kuku.  It is my understanding that Curtis saved him on a number of occasions.  But Kuku didn't buy his way into safety - as previously indicated, Kuku can and does inspire a loyalty bordering on fanaticism among a number of his followers.  It is they who gave Kuku his clout: not access to some imagined wealth.

5 - Kuku is "evil incarnate"

This is simply untrue, and anyone who has spent any time chatting with any Kuku will realise that he's actually a wonderful man, doing a difficult job, in trying circumstances, and being relentlessly targeted by a disparate collective of malcontents whose only point of unity is the persecution of a man who simply wants the streets to be alive.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Well, that's all for the TMS.  We'll continue watching the death toll rise, and we will be sure to cast a judgemental eye over the archaic and secretive judging practises thus employed.

RIP to all those who have died for LL's lust for cornering the CWC, and rest well to the journalists murdered by him and his ilk.

Report Post Tip
Stay tuned: we have an exciting interview coming up with Dagda, who surprisingly condemns the awarding of contest prize money to those who hadn't actually entered
Report Post Tip

Uhh, sorry but you're mistaken. Your line killed Lostboy and honesty. Neilhamburger didn't enter the contest. I'm not sure why eddiemame was killed, but the rest were your line, which is your fault, for being a wanker.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip
Dr_Satan - Eddie was killed for entering the competition. Neil did enter the competition.

And we have seen an uptick in retirements

You Dr_Satan and Tutte seem obsessed with the idea that I am a bad person and that it not something I like.

I ask you both: how can we repair that which is damaged?
Report Post Tip

I stand corrected Neil did enter. As for Eddie, that remains to be seen. The idea that you are a bad person lies solely on your shoulders. You ARE a bad person. Everything you say here in the streets and all of your actions thus far, have proven this to be so. 

Report Post Tip
Dr_Satan you named yourself after the Devil.

Prove I am bad? Your accusations give me a sad brain
Report Post Tip

I didn't name myself after the devil. If you had any amount of sense, you'd know Satan means adversary. Plus, I don't need to accuse you of anything, everyone knows what a scumbag you are.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought Satan was the antichrist.

I, and thousands of years of theology, must be wrong.
Report Post Tip

No just you are wrong, theology is fine whwre its at. It never accused so.eone of naming themselves after 'the antichrist'. Although Dr_Sata has already explained the origins of his name, the Anglicised Satan, a derrivitve of the Hebrew and Arabic word Shiatan, meaning adversary, he could just as easily have been named after the Widemouth Blindcat, the only fish in the genus Satan.

You automatically assume that Dr_Satan's Family are Christian with your use of the term antichrist, as there is no christ figure in Judaism or Islam, however you are entirely incorrect to conflate the Devil or the Christian Satan with the Anti-Christ, as they are two completely seperate mythological beings. Once again, your error, not theology's which understands this relationship perfectly well.

Report Post Tip

I stand corrected.  I am an educated woman, but my education is limited to that of a Judeo-Christian society, with the attendant pop-cultural norms and references.  My first level of education with courtesy of the Catholic church, and whilst my latin is a little rusty, I know a reference to Lucifer when I see one.

Or I thought I did.  I am happy to admit a degree of wrongness.  

Lincoln, we have more in common that we do that makes enemies of us.  

I offer the hand of friendship.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Morning Show: All The News That's New
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL