Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 05:42:38
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Dexter New Blood Started by: Greed on Nov 17, '21 03:27

So just finished episode 2 anybody else enjoying this long awaited finale to the saga of Dexter Morgan after his previous bow?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Can't wait to start this series. Currently I'm finishing up rewatching season 8 of old Dexter before I start the new series. I'll be back after I catch up!
Report Post Tip
Dexter is on hold because Tiger King Season 2 is out.
Report Post Tip

I never seen is it. I would like to know if it's any good before sitting down and watching a new series

Report Post Tip

Yes I agree

Report Post Tip

I heard a question from my wife when it comes arround. "AAAH DID YOU KNOW DEXTER BEFORE " and this is right on the time I m starting to first old Dexter.

Report Post Tip

I enjoyed the old Dexter series so I think I'll like this one just as much. Can't wait to see the changes.

Report Post Tip

So far it's okay, but obviously, it all comes down to how they want to wrap things up... That's how the fucked up the original series. 

Report Post Tip
Better than I thought it was going to be so far! Like macarena said it's all about how they finish it! Going to put it on hold for a while so I don't have to keep waiting a week for the next episode!
Report Post Tip

Yeeeeees. I wasn't sure if I was gonna watch it at first because I had no clue where I'd be able to watch it in Denmark, but I found it somewhere that I was already subscribed to. I really like it already, they've done a great job so far!

Report Post Tip

Seems like it's been forever since the old series ended. I enjoyed that one and will give this new series a whirl, too, but like someone before me said, I'll have to watch the final season of the old series because I don't remember shit.

Report Post Tip
Enjoying the season so far still, but it's nowhere near as good as the original series
Report Post Tip

i watched the first 2 episodes but now im thinking i might wait until the season is over and just binge it. i havent decided yet

Report Post Tip

Just added Showtime and watched the first 3 of the series.  I am still on the fence if I am liking it or not.  Dexter killing his first kill as far as I could tell it didn't fit Harry's code.  I mean, not really.  It just seemed like Dexter just wanted to kill the guy.  Dexter goes after serial killers and that guy wasn't a serial killer.

Harrison came back a badass.  I am more interested in his role than Dexters.  Was kind of pissed he didn't take his son into his arms as soon as he saw him.  I mean come on!  Harrison was his whole life in the mini series and for him to just turn him away like that left me cold.  Yes, he finally ignored Debra and took him in.  

As for Debra, damn, she could be a little more supportive.   She is haunting Dexter and blaming him for her accident.  Dexter isn't going to change just because she wants him to.

Dexter has some serious mental issues to deal with this season.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I like it so far. It's different and I feel like Dexter has just been going though the motions and 'routine' to keep himself from killing, but it was only a matter of time.

Harrisons storyline is definitely interesting. I want to know more about his life and how he learned the skills he did. I was a little disappointed that Hannah died though.
Report Post Tip

So I see this post lost some steam.  Just finished watching the last episode of Dexter New Blood.  I hate this ending.  It doesn't make any sense to me.  I cannot believe Harrison has that much anger towards his father as Dexter was a perfect father to  him.  Loving, nurturing wonderful father.  When Dexter and Harrison parted ways, it was on good terms.  Dexter couldn't be without his Sister Debra as they were so close.  He did the best thing he could for Harrison and yes, it was a messed up situation but Hannah could of told him more or shared more with him to ease his pain of losing his father before her demise.  

The way it looks to me is Harrison only looked for his father to take revenge on him.  Being abandoned by my mother early on in life I was only to happy to find her and love her and held no animosity towards her.

This is why I hate this ending as it is sending the wrong message to viewers.  Blood is always thicker than water and yes he formed a relationship with his coach but not the kind of bond a father/son develop.  

This ending is bullship.  Plain and simple.

I was looking forward to another season of Dexter New Blood but now that will never happen.

So long Dexter Morgan

R.I.P.

I agree with you The_Mortician.  85% of the series was where I wanted it to be until the final episode.  The way they made Harrison flip on a dime so quickly while continuing to act confused about why Dexter left when he's had Hannah's letter on him the entire time is just ridiculous.  We're also supposed to believe that Harrison calling the Dark Passenger the "Dark Driver" is more apt despite Dexter being kill free for ~10 years until the beginning of New Blood?

Not even mentioning the totally out of character response of Dexter just straight up killing Logan after telling Angela to check Kurt's little taxidermy project.  Even if Angel came up from Miami, there was no hard evidence that would have sent him to prison for being the BhB, or Matt's death for that matter.  Awkward reunion for sure, a lot of coincidences, but entirely circumstantial and no hard proof.  And I think having him behind bars but with Kurt's work discovered, the reaction, fallout from Dexter lying about being dead for 10 years, etc would have made for a hell of a start for a season 2 if it had shaken out that way.

Disappointing end all around, and I'm just going to take the Lumberjack finale as canon now.

Report Post Tip

I've recently started rewatching dexter from series one as the new series has came out.. Seems that this series has a more disappointing ending than the original series which people were annoyed about..

Report Post Tip

I told myself I was not going to watch the new episodes. From what I can tell by reading this thread and friends' reactions, I was right not to watch it.

Report Post Tip

It was fine. I didn't hate the ending entirely, but was a bit disappointed. A lot of the episodes were very good. The ending was just eh. Ok. 

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Dexter New Blood
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL