Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 17:08:06
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
I need to retire Started by: Revenant on Nov 25, '21 00:13

Feb 23 1938

"I Need to retire"

That's all Duck said, he looked at Revenant with puffy red eyes. Duck knew his stuff. He knew the rules and what it meant to the mafia. Few lived to an age where they could no longer function in their positions. "Until death do we part", marriage wasn't the only commitment that had those words in their vows. 

Hesitating a moment Revenant leaned back in his chair and said, "Explain".

The Duck hesitated, a long time actually. This had to be something big but what and why? Nothing happened that Revenant knew about so it wasn't about the life. What made this guy walk in and basically tell his boss he has to die and wants him to do it? 

While the silence became awkward Revenant thought back to when he officially got to know the guy they call "The Vegas Duck".

January 20, 1937

Revenant woke with a start, Shadow was pounding on the door to his room. Standing there with the Wraith twins his face was concern bordering on panic. 

“Something bad is going down, Lady Grudge and the new lookout got winged, shots all over town we need to get out of here NOW.”

Revenant tosses on his clothes and slams his stuff into his bags. He calls the HQ.

“I’m in Vegas doing a few odd jobs, what’s the buzz?”

“Get the hell out of town and back home brother” was the reply.

He hits the door running flanked by his elite guards, piling into a car the motorcade screeches off down the street as more gunshots ring out. The driver, knuckles white with the grip on the wheel, doesn’t blink till they are going through the gate in the private airport entrance. Boarding a spendy charter he didn’t want to take the time for a commercial flight. Chalk it up to the costs of the day and be glad you got off this cheaply he muses. 

Sitting with Shadow near the front he’s tossing back a couple drinks to ease his nerves and everyone is speculating on what happened. Shadow’s pupils finally contracted to normal size when the plane left the ground. He was Revenants best friend. He met him in Chicago as part of the same crew. He looked up to Revenant and they became close friends. When he saw him murdered in the purge he grieved? Then he met Nara S Imhaya at the funeral he offered him a job. Becoming a good friend and trusted bodyguard he proved his worth time and again. Many things had made Shadow wonder about his new friend. The necklace he wore with its purple gem. The way he talked about the old country sometimes. One night they were having a few drinks to wind down and talking about the new guys. Nara mentioned one reminded him of Gary from Gary. 

With a look that was part bone chilling fear, part anger and part mistrust Shadow speaks in a slow low tone. 
“Boss you have been the best boss anyone could ask for. I been your number one guy, I took a bullet for you. I’ll walk with a limp for the rest of my life. There’s something there, something you been keeping from me and unless I can trust you, I don’t know how tonight’s going to end. You never met Gary he was one of Revenants guys, he died with him. How do you know him?” 

Over the following hours Nara told him everything. From the cave on Mount Ararat and finding the cross. His encounter with the angelic being Feowyr. The way it regenerated him. How when his body becomes uninhabitable that fragment of the universe's will creates him another body to live in. He talks about the relief it was to confide in someone this story even he could not believe.

Nara had sent him on a job right before uttering his prophetic final words on a street corner. Telling the worried crowd whatever happened make every tick of your life count. Then ironically becoming a statistic of the absurd war. Shadow was naturally not surprised to get a telegram one day shortly thereafter. He was somewhat taken back by the familiar voice that answered the number he was told to call. Not even telling him what happened could prepare him for seeing his dead friends face again. 

He made his name for himself years before. Quiet and stealthy he would appear when needed and just as quickly fade into the background. From that day on he was Revenants literal shadow. The running joke was he had been sent from God to be with Revenant everywhere. To keep him safe and to keep his secrets. But most of all to always be the one he knew would watch his back. 

The wraiths were two mob orphans Shadow had adopted so to speak. Twins with an eerie sort of mind link they always knew what the other was thinking or feeling. Quiet and subdued they still spoke to each other in a language they created as kids. This was the only family they ever knew and their loyalty to Shadow was almost fanatical.

There were others, the running joke was they were the ghost crew. But rounding out Revenants inner circle was Lady Grudge. Nobody knows how or when they met. Everyone agrees she loves Shadow and he loves her with all their hearts, minds and bodies. Lady Grudge is a powerful blend of opposing energies. She stands at 6 foot 3 inches and is an imposing figure. Graceful and feminine with golden hair and sky-blue eyes. Her every curve sensual and toned but underneath an almost elemental layer of pure muscle. She grew up being told “what a girl is supposed to be like”. She was pushed around and abused untill she got big enough to fight back. She is protective and nurturing to those she loves and as unstoppable as a mother bear towards those who would harm her family. She can speak in a voice that makes you feel like you are being rocked in your mother’s arms. She can also unleash a torrent of curses and verbal flaying that has silenced marine drill instructors. She smokes stogies, reefer and chews Mail Pouch tobacco when shes in a spitting mood. She can hit a bulls eye from 20 feet with a long thick brown stream of practiced contempt. In her own words she will proudly tell you she can “Out drink, out curse and out screw every guy in the room”. She usually follows this with the announcement that she has a male and female spirit and likes to indulge both. 

She had been flitting about barking orders in one breath. Then taking the other breath she turns to, the new guy. Untill everyone gets his name or he makes one for himself that’s who he is. He was the other guy who got winged. Blood has dried on her cheek where the bullet creased her. The tiniest 2-inch line it only bled a little. Enough to look like she was crying blood on that side of her face. The scripter who took a shot at them got too close and too rushed.  Revenant shuddered; he only made her mad. The guy deserved to die but to say she broke him was an understatement. 

Patching up the through and through on his forearm and gently splinting it before tying it up in a sling. In that beautiful voice that made you think mom kissed your boo boo
“There you are my little lame duck, you won’t be flying for a while but your wing is all taped up” 

There was a chorus of chuckles and embarrassment turning his face bright crimson. Then some mafia magic happened.  On the day FDR was sworn in to his second term as president. The first President to be sworn in on Jan 20 and not the first part of march. The 20th amendment was enacted to reduce the time an outgoing president would be in power before the new one took office. It was called the “lame duck” amendment. Revenant reflected on the irony. The first lame duck inauguration would be for a man who overcame his bodies limitations. People with handicaps of any kind were ignored and underestimated by most of society. This man who could not walk is taking the oath to lead the entire country. 

Just like that whatever the civvy turned gangsters real name was he became LD, Duck, or The Vegas Duck forevermore. The Duck who forgot to duck and was winged in the wing. Such is how these things go in this way of life sometimes. 

Report Post Tips: 54 / Total: $1,080,000 Tip

Duck pulls out an envelope from his jacket then inhaling sharply a few times hands it to Revenant to read. 

"Dear Sir"

"I apologize for the suddenness of this letter and how I was unable to speak to you directly. And for its lateness, as you may know mail from many areas of Europe is seized and read. Let me begin by introducing myself. I am Robert H Harlan, I was an American exchange student who studied in Marburg, Germany last year. I often visited the town of Wuerzburg and a couple who I met in my travels, Bruno and Frieda Stern."

Revenant paused, Stern is Duck's family name. 

"I regret to inform you there has been great injustice done to these people. Dr Stern has his office seized by the authority of the countries laws and the family was forced to move several times. The last time I saw the family together was on Nov 11 1938. Their apartment was ransacked along with the Synagogues and businesses targeted on the night of violence some are now calling Krystallnacht.  Dr Stern, his oldest son, his brother and his sons have all been sent to a prison called Buchenwald. The remaining family have no place to go and each day more kind people are turning their hearts and eyes away from them out of fear. They have tried every avenue to get out of Germany but cannot obtain visas. I fear for their safety."

"Let me take the time and opportunity to speak freely here. From the time I arrived until I was sent home early for my own protection I have seen Germany become a dark and sinister place. When I arrived home in the US I was amazed at how little people knew about what is going on over there. Let me assure you Sir, the laws and leaders have calculated a plot to deprive the Jewish people of all rights and recourse. They slowly took away more and more freedom then even basic rights and protections. If they live, the Stern family are in a dangerous position. Do not believe what the news prints here. The Jews are not instigating violence they are victims of it. They are not being relocated to places they can live in peace they are being led to slaughter. I have learned from a friend who works as an engineer that the prisons such as Buchenwald are not prisons but places to send people to die. The German leaders are determined to wipe the Jews off the Earth. If you are able I suggest you immediately begin proceedings to sponsor for visas as many members of this family as you can. All other options are exhausted."

"I still don't understand why you have to retire" Revenant said quietly looking back at Duck.

"I am a Jew" He said looking down as if it was something to be ashamed of. "And I have little hope of rescuing my family, I must do what I can and I cant risk the lives and honor of our crew, city and groups."

Nodding Revenant secretly pushed a button under his desk. Duck winced as the barely audible sound of an alarm rings out in another room. Shadow appears with a hand in his jacket clutching his pistol. Revenant makes a secret sign that makes Shadow stand at ease before speaking.

"I need you to get the ghosts together, we have some business to attend to." Then turning to Duck who is shaking at the thought of how this could be his retirement happening right here. "And we need to help explain a few things to Mr Duck here. He's a bit mistaken about a few things."

Looking Duck in the eyes Revenant says sharply "First I do not accept your resignation, and if you try ill be the one who retires you. Am I clear on that?" 

With a small nod from Duck he continues "You have more family than you think and I will be damned if I let you walk away from us to face danger alone. YOUR family is in danger, that means OURS is."

Duck is taking everything he has in him to contain his emotions to a short gasp of air and closes his eyes to hold back the floods rising in them when Revenant stabs a finger at him.

"And one more thing, you are a Jew. You have nothing to be ashamed of and you will never let me see you act otherwise again. The NAZIS are the rats, the vermin, the parasites of humanity. They are setting into place events that will change the world for the worse not better. We are now officially at war with them. I will be speaking to the higher levels of our leaders and getting proper permissions but until then consider yourself as far from done with your work as anyone can be. Am I understood?"

A nod and a glimmer of hope proceeded the tears Duck cant hold back any longer. Revenant begins to write out a set of orders Shadow will distribute. They will need to call in everyone they can on this one. 

Report Post Tips: 11 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Shadow is frowning as he gets out of the cab. He has gotten nowhere with the US State Department. That is the office that handles immigration since the Immigration Act of 1924. If they were fortunate enough to get permission from the German officials the list for a US visa is staggering already. They will have to find another way to get people over to safety.

Lady Grudge's beaming smile lifts his spirits. She had much better luck with her errands in LA. As Shadow kisses her cheek and sits at a table off to the side of the bar they use as a mini HQ as She fills Him in.

Specter enters just as She begins and is obviously excited about a successful result with his missions.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Specter explains he's still waiting for an answer on his mission to Mr Keatings Creatures LV

Specter enters the business then making sure nobody is around says aloud "I'm looking for a pet" While pulling a folded paper out of his pocket. Once again scanning the surroundings he unfolds it revealing what appears to be a grocery list. Flicking a cigarette lighter he runs it underneath and these words appear and then quickly fade.

Mr. K

We have only recently met due to the unfortunate connection our ancestors had. I am going out on a limb in trusting you but I feel that you are the only person I know who can help me with this. I need several animals which must be procured in a very discrete way. They are VERY dangerous so please take extra care with them. I have added any specific info on each one below.

100 specimens of the puffer fish Takifugu, in healthy and good condition.

25 adult male specimens of the toad Bufo marinus. Take great care in handling these as they extrude toxic substances. Along with each specimen I need a Bobbit worm Eunice aphroditois Attached in parasitic symbiosis. 

10 hyla tree frogs Osteopilus dominicensis Again care in handling is essential as they extrude poisonous substances as well as a secretion that is extremely painful to skin contact. 

Obviously this needs to be done discretely and without permits or involvement by government officials. I understand this is a very special request that will involve extra work and I am prepared to pay a premium for this as well as the most expedited means available to get them here as soon as possible. 

Thank you very much and look forward to our successful completion of business together 

Revenant.

As the script fades Specter nods, notes his reply and turns to leave

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Lady Grudge talks about her successful contact with Legendary Reliable Airlines Chicago office.

Lady Grudge waits patiently to speak with the manager. She has given the proper protocol and they know this is a meeting regarding "business". 

She smiles and shakes hands with the representative of the airlines. He is a bit intimidated by her height and crushing handshake but soon meets her eyes and is swimming in them the rest of the meeting. 

"My "Missionary group" needs to secure transport for a special trip please", she says as both smile at the code phrase for mafia crew. "We need to travel from Chicago, LA, and New York. We will return to Las Vegas with a short layover in," 

She pauses and they both look around out of habit even thought they are in a small office and clearly alone.

"A short layover in Germany" 

The managers head snaps up tilting his toupee comically as the cigarette he held in his lips falls to the floor. "Y, yes Maam. I will see what we can do for you." And walking out looking as if he saw a ghost he goes to pass this up the chain. Grudge smiled and chuckled "Looked like he saw a ghost indeed." She thought. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Revenant - alas, my exotic pet supplier was Dr_Satan.

I'm gonna have to shut that shop up
Report Post Tip

Shadow takes the call with a frown. Revenant is still up north doing his errands. This will put a wrench into the plan as there are not many exotic pet suppliers that are also in the business. 
"That was Mr_Keating, the special pets supplier is retired. We will have to let Revenant know the powder may not be an option." He says with a frown. 

The others share his gloomy mood. The creatures were ingredients for a special recipe one of Revenants old friends knew of. One that would make people appear to die then resurrected in a special state of mind. Science would call it highly suggestive hallucinatory intoxication but the one who gave the recipe to them called it zombie.

They put their heads together hoping to think of someone else who could be trusted to this task.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Selena noticed a familiar face from a distance as Carmilla and Vlad stand right beside her as she reached into her pockets taking out a cigarette and lighter as she looked onward in the distance hearing the sounds of the creatures of night prowling about as she lit her cigarette and taking a drag she smiled. Hearing that some creatures were gonna be used as elixirs she couldn't help but to wonder on the reasons for that. As she begins to walk towards the figure she noticed more now that it was the human she met back in Vegas Revenant his name was but before reaching him she heard a howl in the air with sounds snarls and bloodlust in the night.

" Well this night just got more fun." She said to her companions. 

Report Post Tip

With a broad grin Revenant invites her in. The local chapter of the Armenian brotherhood is not usually a very swinging place but theres booze and laughs. 

"I was just about to visit you! I only just returned from a trip up North. Ever been to Minnesota? The sanctuary was very pleasant it was surprising! Maybe we can visit sometime together." Nodding at the crew everyone settles in and gets confortable Revenant offers his arm and they take a table in the corner. Noting Vlad's attention drawn to the worn out pool table he sees Duck racking up and making introductions. Lady Grudge has casually released the shotgun bolted to the bottom of the counter and goes back to polishing that same glass she always does. 

"May I introduce you to a special friend of mine. Mr Nikola Tesla, you may have heard of him" Revenant smiles. 

Report Post Tip

Selena smiled and ran towards Revenant almost tackling the poor man to the ground and hearing about his trip she raised an eyebrow.

" No I haven't been Revenant what is Minnesota like?" She asked but before she about to say something else she noticed someone she has never met but she has heard of this man from the papers and talk around the town. Selena placed her arm under his as they begin to walk with Carmilla not far behind them of course she couldn't help but ask him questions on how he knew what the undead where as well. As she sat at the table with him her cold steely eye focused on him now as they begin to catch up with each other. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $60,000 Tip

He smiles chatting with her about everything from his trip to MN and its accommodations to in the business to Mr Tesla who eventually excused himself to get some rest. After he left Revenant scanned the room noticing everyone getting to know one another. As they got some privacy he got more serious. 

"Oh that, that would be a whole evenings conversation. And we should have it soon." He says with a grin. "I guess to put it simply I have been around the world and seen a few things. Ive met many special beings along with my friend Father Gregory who I mentioned. I hope you got to meet him too." 

"But," he paused. "The reason I had wanted to see you is a bit serious." He goes on to explain the situation with Ducks family and how his personal experience with the Armenian genocide said this is the part where the Nazis would start exterminating the Jewish people. 

"And so I needed to ask if you may be willing to help with this. I need someone with certain skills and I think you have just what we need. You have to understand its dangerous. If anyone is caught they will be executed. I am getting approval from the council but they will disavow any knowledge of this if we fail. In any way it takes they will find it. I cant even ask this favor as a friend but only say what we are doing and why and hope you want to help." 

Vlad and Carmilla looked up at Revenant for a moment hearing his request to Selena as she puts her hand up to them as a gesture for them to settle down. She smiled as her eyes widen and dilated for a moment  with such excitement as well as she took a sip from her glass as she heard the name of father Gregory that he has mentioned to her at one point when they first met.

"No I have yet to meet Father Gregory yet but in time I will take some time off to meet him." She told him "Now this problem you need help with human this problem your speaking of I must tell you it's been centuries when I last harmed a mortal Revenant ." She told him with a her expression now turning. " For so long I have lived on blood from blood banks and my blood supplier from local hospitals." She sighed for a moment. "But I will help you on this tho but you have to promise me to not do anything drastic as well ."She looked him with her steely cold eyes.

"Oh Revenant should I loose control of myself should I ever bite and drink from a mortal you must snap me out of it. Can you promise me?" She growled through her teeth as she finished her drink placing her leg on her other leg as she reached in her pocket grabbing a cigarette as Vlad lights it she takes a drag.

Revenant slowly loosens his tie and shirt buttons. "I can sense that you are not corrupted and so this wont hurt." Looking at all 3 for understanding and acceptance he opens his shirt to reveal the Cross of Feowyr, its purple corundum glowing faintly. buttoning up and straightening his tie again he smiles, "This is my secret, this fragment of reality has bonded to me and reincarnates or regenerates me. I have been to Elysium, met the Mother of us all. I've traveled through time like people swim through water. We should talk to Father Gregory together soon. He is part of a group who understand and have members of all kinds of beings. They supply sustenance to special friends. Its blessed and will empower the drinker. For this mission you may be required to defend yourselves but they will all be tainted by evil and if you have to bite them it will not corrupt you. The main role I need help with is stealth and obscuration. Again I cant ask any of you to do this only tell you the details and hope you feel the same as I do. As far as drastic, this already is."

His persona becomes more serious "I have lived through the Armenian Genocide. I have seen many horrors and how the evil of humanity can infect others. Duck's family is in great danger and he is my loyal friend. His family is mine and we must do anything we can to save them. Along with this we must get the word out to the world of what's going on and hope humanity can pass this challenge to their souls." 

He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a small vial. Marked with the sigil of Pope Pius XII he slides it over to her. "A gift from my friends, this will bring you back no matter how far you fall and in the most desperate time it will give you the strength to persevere against anything. Its the blood of the Pope given willingly and with blessing."

Revenant relaxes quite a bit while waiting for them to think about what he's asking and its implications. He's gotten approval form both the US and Euro councils already. But if anything goes wrong they will disavow any knowledge of this and may even be forced to take action. The 7 and 7s he's been sipping have caught up to his travel exhaustion and he starts to chat freely with his dear friend.

"I did regret that your schedule was too busy to accompany me to Minnesota." He says as he talks about his trip.

Revenant grins as he walks into the St Paul police station. Walking up to the front desk he catches the attention of a cop reading a racing form.

"What do ya want?" He grumbles from behind the paper.

"My wallet was stolen" Revenant replies and slides his wallet to the officer who directs him to interview room 4

Minnesota during the 20s and 30s was a place of contradictions. The Senator Andrew Volstead sponsored the act bearing his name that would eventually become prohibition. Minneapolis is becoming well known as a modern city with the newest designs for its skyscrapers while St Paul maintains its quaint and old timey charms. The rural areas are supportive of prohibition while the urban areas are vehemently against it. 

A detective interrupts his thoughts entering the interrogation room and at the same time driving home the point of those thoughts. The Chief of Police for St Paul has a unique way of handling things. If someone in the business wants to visit they only need to follow some simple rules. 

1 Stop by the station upon arrival and speak to one of the officers who "are accommodating". The current code phrase is "I had my wallet stolen". They run the name and a detective on the take determines the amount they will require to provide sanctuary. 

2 Keep low profile, absolutely no high level crimes in St Paul. Although Minneapolis and the surrounding areas are ok. Oddly enough Minnesota becomes the number one state for bank robberies during this period with a generous cut slushing through the pockets of politicians all throughout the area.

3. Keep the cops in the loop so they can intervene if needed. Also keep the cops supplied with booze, escorts and muscle when a rival politician is getting too nosey. In return they will tip you off if anything is going down and even provide escort service for shipments assuring they are not disrupted.

The detective smiles at Revenant and says "its your lucky day Mr Smith. We just apprehended a pickpocket and I noticed the ID in one of the wallets he had matches you!" Sliding his wallet back to him it contains a small scrap of paper with a telephone number of his liaison as well as a bank account number and amount he will be required to deposit. The accommodating nature of the city coupled with the Omerta meant that St Paul and the surrounding area was a literal Whos Who of the Mafia during this time and very few people ever knew. 

Whistling a tune as he strolls down the street he stops in a diner. It looks like the kind of place you could not pay someone to eat at with scruffy fellows chomping loudly on greasy beef sandwiches. Revenant steps up to the counter and orders the house special. Smiling the manager nods to the floor as he pulls back a rug revealing a door in the floor. Opening it he holds out his hand for a tip as Revenant decends the stairs dropping a $10 in the mans calloused hand. 

At the bottom of the stairs he's met by a row of shelves. Tapping on them a section slides over and a pair of eyes glare out then the sound of a latch is heard and the shelves pivot on hidden hinges. "Welcome to the Green Lantern Sir" the burly doorman says. After another flight of stairs Revenant is assaulted by the noise of a packed speakeasy. He grins as he sees the Mayor of St Paul and the Governor of Minnesota sitting at a table with Al Capone and several escorts. Nearby Ma Barker and her boys are enjoying a game of cards interrupted by her cuffing one or the other of them for cheating. Bonnie and Clyde are making out in a dark corner booth. But its the table near the stage that Revenant is seeking. Bugsy Siegel and Leon Gleckman are waiting for him there. 

Leon Gleckman the "Jewish Al Capone" made a name for himself bootlegging through the natural caves that honeycomb the sandstone bluffs that line St Pauls riverfront. The Green Lantern is located inside one of them. The "Castle Royale" is another of his holdings and has even boasted the likes of Cab Calloway, Duke Ellington and Glen Miller who is scheduled to play that evening. Ben Siegel (he hates the nickname Bugsy) is a prominent Jewish gangster who is most well known as one of the founders of Murder Inc. They have been brought up to date on the plans progress. 

"I have secured the connections you requested Mr R." Bugsy says with a smile. "And my associate has set up the meetings you requested. They are very excited to meet Mr Tesla and see his new explosive demonstrated."

"Excellent" Revenant replies. "And I trust you will keep in mind the need for tact in this my friend?" He asks.

Bugsy grumbles. "If those Krauts are killing my people I cant guarantee I will be able to restrain my rage but I will do my best if only for the safety of our friends."

Leon clears his throat "Im afraid I need to get this business taken care of in haste as im expected at the club tonight to entertain the Governor. The caves you requested are all ready. You will find them to be very convenient for shipping of whiskey from up north as well as the special project you have need of. I have more details in this folder." And sliding Revenant a manila envelope he excuses himself. Revenant smiles at the contents but even more at the reservation ticket for the show at Castle Royale tonight. He wished Selena could have come along and enjoyed the rare opportunity a performance by Glen Miller is. 

As they wrap up their business the men all part ways with warm regards and Revenant climbs the staircase back up to the ground level emerging back in the greasy spoon diner that is the cover. As he is leaving he runs into Baby Face Nelson who was picked up by a federal sting. The feds will be furious over the clerical error the booking officer made. But not as furious as Nelson was to pay a vagrancy ticket when he was released hours later. Ahh St Paul, the biggest kept secret of the mafia.  

Snapping back to the here and now he smiles at Selena and apologizes. "Im afraid you got me rambling and I havent let you reply to my other question yet." he says still imagining how many heads she would have turned at Castle Royale.

Selena and her guards look at his chest she hasn't seen that symbol before as the glow catches her eyes for a moment but than disappeared as Revenant buttons his shirt and tie again she seemed curious about the order he was in as they noticed the tone and his facial expression change now as it was really serious now and she couldn't help but wonder now about his past now. But upon hearing what he went through she couldn't help but feel sad for a moment for him as she tried to keep a straight face now. Selena got up from her chair and smiled gently at him now.

"Revenant stealth is our name don't worry will help you save Ducks family just say the word and we will be right behind you." As Carmilla and Vlad nod at Revenant. " Besides it would be nice to put my vampierc skills at work again it's been a long time." She giggled for a moment as than looked at him with her steely eyes as they suddenly went to shock wide eyes as he approached her and handed her a vial. Upon on hearing it came from the Pope's own blood Selena thanked him as she put it her pocket knowing one day she will need it when the time is right.

"I will use this when I am in need should my life depend on it." As she smiled and looked at Carmilla and Vlad they nod."Should your life be in danger or near death all you need to do is call me and I shall give you the gift of immortality should you want to save yourself." She told him as she walked to the other side of the room towards her companions as they prepare for the rescue mission.

Report Post Tip

Revenant chuckles and embraces her warmly "Thank you dear, and im already cursed with immortality. Or at least im not afraid of dying its coming back that gets tiring. Some time we will have to share some of our stories. Or all of them one at a time that would be nice too. Make yourselves at home and my colleagues will brief you on specifics. I must excuse myself for a bit." Motioning to Tesla who was studying the pool table going through every possible trajectory a shot could be made. Shadow details the main plans and the parts they all could play in it. He makes a joke about Nazis tasting bad and to be as stealthy as possible. Infiltrate Germany, one team incapacitates Himmler and Goering using the cover of selling the German army anew high powered explosive. Then using doubles they enter Buchenwald and "execute" the prisoners with a special powder they are making. Derived from fugu fish along with other tetratoxin containing species it is what voodoo priests use to make zombies. Transporting the "bodies" to a U boat pen they commandeer a dozen subs and sail them to America. Launching the bodies inside torpedoes that Tesla has wired with special remote controls they will surface and disembark at several locations their mob allies have there. Then the people are revived and set up with paths to citizenship in US and Canada. Most of their parts are to eliminate or subdue guards and other hindrances to the progress but there are contingency's that may be needed where serious fighting could take place. Its scheduled to begin in a couple months and there are a few minor errands they need done first.

Shadow smiles "Oh and one other thing, if you know of any employers who need help we know of a few people. Arriving in a couple months some recent immigrants who could use a job."

Revenant returns with some new people. "Everyone id like to introduce a special friend of mine. She will be flying our insertion transport. Special Agent Amanda Barnard." 

"Amelia??" Lady Grudge shouted then wrapped her in a bear hug. Revenant, Shadow and other members of the squad look at one another then Revenant clears his throat

"Ermm that cover got blown fast. Its for the best, we have no need for secrets among trusted friends. Yes its Amelia Earhart. She didnt vanish 2 years ago she is a secret agent for the US government and the best damn pilot out there." Revenant says with a grin at her as she turns as red as her hair once was. Now dyed brunette only her much hated freckles still hint at who she is. 

A sound of someone nonchalantly coughing took everyone's attention. A bald man with haunting dark eyes is standing where they all came in "And someone I wanted you to meet Selena, Mr Aleister Crowley." Then to her aside in a whisper "The Germans are doing some experiments I think you may want to hear about. They are trying to give your gift to all of their soldiers."

Report Post Tip

March 3 1939

The sound of a magical chuckle surprises everyone, it came from a vacant back corner of the clubhouse. Everyone turns to see a tall and handsome black man standing there. Like pearl inlays on mahogany his teeth gleam through his smile. He is oddly dressed with pants made of denim and he seems to be wearing only a undershirt but instead of a plain fabric his has a strange picture and the word "Volbeat" stenciled across the chest. 

"The part of the plan im dying to hear about is how just the other day you Met Dillinger who died in 34  Saw Ma and the Barkers when Ma died in 35 and most of her boys bit it before she did. Bonnie and Clyde? I paid a nickel to see their death car from 34. And Baby Face sure gets around since being killed in 34. Al Capone must have got a pass from the prison he is supposed to be in. Gleckman is in jail pending prison too. Do tell Revvy." The stranger said with a smile. 

"Because Revenant has had too many 7 and 7's and forgot he's talking about ghosts. Or more likely forgot what year it was again" A man standing behind Crowley who has not been introduced yet chimes in. He takes off his hat and everyone recognizes J Edgar Hoover the head of the newborn FBI agency of the US Government. "He met Special Agents Delliner, the Bakers, Cliff and Elizabeth Parker, Senior Agent Lester Gillis codename "Babyface", Alphonse Gabriel US customs agent, and field agent Gleckman no relation to the mobster."  Mr Hoover says with a smile. But then when he gets this tipsy he could blurt out how I gave the vacuum company a tax break for ten years just to adopt the slogan "Hoover, shows you the dirt you never knew you had" in 1932. I run the most powerful secret police agency in the world althought some may think they can challenge this claim. And now im here to help you prove just how far the US can reach when it needs to."

As Revennts face reddens the stranger in the back smiles at Selena. "Hi! A pleasure to meet you! I'm Michael but you can call me Feowyr if you like." Feowyr says and Revenant clears his throat. "OH im sorry" Feowyr says turning back to Selena. "Im not supposed to talk to you because im an Archangel and radiant and. Well I see why he likes you." He says with a grin. 

Report Post Tip

She raised an eyebrow when he told her he was an immortal in some kind of way which she never heard of a human immortal before so he was the first she has ever met or maybe it was the symbol on his chest that keeps him alive  or reincarnation the he was mentioning to her as well. But she couldn't focus on that at the moment because they have a mission to get ready for and the joke he made about nazis testing bad she couldn't help but chuckle a bit.As his companions where discussing the plans a man walked in as the room went silent bite the sound of Revenant greeting him sounded important as she turned to look behind her she noticed a bald looking man. The made there way to Selena as Revenant introduced her to him as Mr.Alister Crowley.  

"Wait your the Allister Crowley I have heard your name among the living and dead." She told him " It is a pleasure to meet you here in a place like this sir." She smiled a bit but she noticed the look of dread on their faces."What why are you guys just staring ." She wondered.

That was when he took a side to tell her on what the nazis where doing. Selena stood there frozen and in shock as Carmilla and Vlad noticed she expression as they both walk next to her. Tho she might be immortal even a vampire can go into shock for a brief moment she felt a swirl of anger now run through her body.

"How did they get ahold of vampire blood?" She growled through her teeth as her guards try to ease the tension and anger she was feeling as she looked over at Revenant. "Now this complicates things Revenant should they inject their soldiers with vampier blood its gonna be more difficult now and not only that should they run amok as well lost of innocents will die." She yelled with fear in voice now."Revenant we cant let them use those vials of blood we have to destroy them." As she walked back in forth." This is crazy you know what mad man would need vampier blood?" She asked.

Report Post Tip

In the midst of all this chaos Revenant knew this subject would give her stress. When he picked up his special friends he meant to introduce them all to her and extend with Mr Hoover a invitation to join the GHOSTS. Mr Crowleys revelation was an unexpected twist. 

"Well yes dear I do know what madman would want to do this. Adolph Hitler. The Thule Society, Himmler, Goering, Julius Friedrich Lehmann, Ernst Boepple. How did hey get it? Heila Grafin is the secretary of the Thule Society." He says as calmly as he can.

"You mean Countess Heila von Westarp" Crowley chimes in. 

"Yes exactly" Revenant Nods "And Countess Elizabeth Bathory. But when they resurrected Peter Kurten the vampire of Dusseldorf they found their patient 0".  

"But," he says his face darkening more "As far as who is responsible. Its the great grandfather of the Vampire Spieluhr who in 1645 formed the Malkavian clan. The man who fought by the Vampir Countess Nikola de Armenia  when they destroyed the abomination the Lycanian Warload Kratos n 565." And he pauses before stammering out "Lucian Nicosia,  me."

Report Post Tip

She sits down placing her hands on her head as she sighed for moment and thinking to herself about this shocking revelation. As Carmilla and Vlad bring her a drink Selena picks up the glass taking a sip as she looked up at Revenant and his companions she bit her lip for a brief moment as she tried to come up with some reason why these crazy nazis want to use vampire blood.

" Well now that you put it that way resurrecting an ancient vampier more older than I am and I'm only 400 years old but this takes the cake Revenant." She told him but hearing that he has fought this clan before makes her realize that he is much older than he looks and leads on. "Now about the ways that thule society obtained the blood I can guess why they would wanna make them into vampires which is to take over the world and getting thses blood samples from the ancients is the only way they can do it." She stared at everyone. " Carmilla, Vlad we must be ready for a fight of a lifetime." She told her guards." They nod at Selena steeping aside as she walked passed them looking up smiling warmly at Revenant trying not worry much but the feeling in her gut and heat kept eating at the thought of vampire blood being used for an evil purpose. 

Selena walked  near the window and looked outside worried but she knows they will put a stop to this maddening idea as she glanced into the window seeing the reflection of everyone she noticed a man looking her which kinda weird her out for a moment it was until she saw Revenant react to him as they knew each other when she heard the name Feowry."Wait that's the name of his symbol on his chest." She thought to herself  turning over to look at him and Revenant talking to eachother for brief moment til he walked over to introduce himself. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: I need to retire
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL