Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 13:18:12
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Mr Keating: The good, the bad and the ugly. Started by: Tyrion on Nov 28, '21 14:24

Would there be any activity without Keating? It appears every conversation is either propelled by him or made about him, with absolutely nothing of interest happening in between. Even his obsession with running scam contests has been the singular driving force behind the creation of real ones just to prove him wrong. Give me 100 Keating's over the abject boredom of every painfully cliched, drawn out murder, heist caper or wistful origin story you run into at every other corner. There is nothing people love more than appearing at a Keating speech or at a corner of their own and bleating on about how they are so intelligent for recognizing his schtick and choosing not to tolerate it anymore, and nothing worse than when that descends into reminiscing about when the streets used to be better and people were held to a higher standard. What Keating has made more evident than ever is that nearly every single person offers next to nothing and without Keating, even less. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

What you see with Mr Keating is what you get.  Your family could go on a round the world cruise for 18 months then come back and spot where Mr Keating's kin are within about 10 minutes.  If nothing else, you just need to go on a small hunt for someone claiming to be the self proclaimed leader of the streets.  I often wonder why his bloodline only ever proclaims that, why not self proclaimed leader of a bouncy castle business empire.  It would be a perfect vehicle for childish outbursts and trains of thought.

I quite like the attempts at provocation within his street-vomit and the equally frequent "Who? Me guv?" faux indignation at being called out on it.

He's like a really shit busker, occasional moments of clarity but generally best avoided (or just laughed at from afar).

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $1,660,000 Tip
So, Tyrion, I've been quiet for a while.

Should I stay away?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

No one really gives a fuck. You do you, man.

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip
Mr_Keaton should really stay away YES.

And were many that dont give a fuck about him and are pleased if this can be done, moha. Laughs as big he can.
Report Post Tip
Returning to this, Tyrion, I am moved to ask: what else could get the Streets moving?

I would love to critique the leaderships of other cities, but I don't want to die. I would love to accuse the powerful of wrongdoing, but I like living.

So, like everyone else, I live or die by a code.

I wonder if we should maybe create a new code for the streets?

I have $10m ready for a viable newspaper with paid writers. Nobody has taken me up on it.

Personally, I think this thing needs conflict. Preferably low level.

Let me ask all and sundry: what's happened recently that grabbed the attention? What do we want? What do we actually want?

I'm not offering myself as a solution, by the way, I'm just asking what people want.

Let's try solutions instead of problems?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mr Keating: The good, the bad and the ugly.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL