Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 16:20:45
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
What did I do now? Started by: Feowyr on Jan 05, '22 06:26

Let me know if you want to RP sometime Feowyr. Keep up the good work with your RPs!

Report Post Tip

I suppose it is possible that other instances of copying a business into every city with slight changes have escaped scrutiny. The sweeper and helpdesk can not possibly read every single thread that is ever posted. In such cases, the only way it may be caught is if a user sees it and reports it, which seems to have been the case here. Just because one person gets away with it doesn't dissolve the rule altogether. Perhaps we need additional sweepers to assist the Jenbot?

Report Post Tip

Helpdesk staff do sweeping too Dagda. Any reports and alerts come to us all, so aye like you said if people see something that shouldn't be there, please report it as its the only way we'll know. We don't have the time or ability to review the forums frequently. 

Report Post Tip

Aye Warrior fair point - but other than you I don't see the helpdesk team online a whole lot. Not including Toby or Izzy, who I am sure also have the capability to sweep if needed.

Report Post Tip

We don't have the time or ability to review the forums frequently. 

Maybe that is why he suggested getting other sweepers? I would love to be one :D 

Report Post Tip

We do not need other sweepers, we need users to actually report things that they belive break the rules of the site/forums. I easily read all new posts a day and remove what is needed, although I must admit that perhaps I have missed something when the threads or posts are more than a year old and for that I do apologize. But for that I would like to point out the first sentence of this post and then continue pointing at it. 

Also Pablo - no. 

Report Post Tip

"Maybe that is why he suggested getting other sweepers? I would love to be one :D "

Pablo, the reading of the threads and sweeping process literally takes less time than the arguments.  It is very common for a user to be upset that their 2022 modern day post 10000000% written in ooc is removed/moved from the streets.  But, it often turns into a 25 mail back and forth event tying up one helpdesker, then another 10 mails back and forth with another, and then they go over everyones head and try another 10 mails to me hoping to get a different answer.  When they do not get any progress they start pointing out posts that havn't been removed yet. Sometimes its because its years old, sometimes it's because you just volunteered 2 hours of your free time to get yelled at by a very angry person who is stomping their feet that they didn't get their way, and the gas tank is empty, you are done sweeping for the night and hopefully you can find some spark in life enough to recharge you so you can go through the same bullshit tomorrow.

The honest to god best way to handle this would be that if a thread/post is moderated, that the reasoning and original copy of it goes to a special forum, with access granted to the uppers (or in case its a CL, the GF, in case its a GF, the GFC, in case its a GFC, then the other GFCS).  All communication about content HAS to be done through there, no sidelining it on IRC or mobmail.  

The sense of entitlement would instantly be gone in 95% of the cases because the CLs would drop them in a heart beat, slap them one, or just flat out kill them.  The remaining 5% would advocate for the content, and progress could be made.

I wish I was exacturating. :/  I wish this was hyperbole to make a point.  But the sad truth is, this is how it is an embarrassing amount of the time.  

Or.... another alternative... you can keep your in chracater story telling in the streets... and your debates which 100% of the time end up OOC.... in the OOC.  Properly placed in the OOC you have a HUGE amount of leeway in what can be said.  Just a thought.

Report Post Tip

If I recall correctly few years back a comp city wiped nearly everyone. Reset most the game. Maybe my memory is hazy but there have been some wild shit w comp cities, not a fan of them but they are much more entertaining then the pace we have had this last year. Everyone in my honest opinion is extremely friendly and I know some of you will agree with me when I say that this shit is boring. You say your not a fan of comp cities , but the future is looking grim . Not your fault numerous things , biggest one probably being desire. No one has any ambition to do anything, but everyone claims everything is easy. So easy to build a gun but no one uses it. No plans no plots no betrayal. No lie the last time I was pikachu faced on here, was when spike and jtg rogued. Most of you are super friendly in game. Not suggesting we go become barbarians to each other but some sort of spice would be nice.

That wraps up my ted talk.

Reply by: Pablo at Jan 06, '22 03:40

The post of yours that was removed would be a 100% perfect comment in an OOC thread, but its not a 1950s gangster speaking to another 1950s gangster.  If that thread was in the OOC then your comment would, in my opinion, add value to the discussion.  But since the thread was written in the streets to done in a 1950s IRL gangster to another 1950s IRL gangster perspective, then when you start talking about the literal game, it breaks the wall of what is 1950s "in character role play".  

When you mailed me wondering why the above wasn't 1950s in character role play and was removed, our total conversation was all of 2 minutes, and didn't require 3 staff members, 2 hours and 30 mails.  I wish they all could be that simple.  

Report Post Tip

It's funny to me that people try to bend the rules and then play stupid when they get caught

Report Post Tip

Like that viral clip on the internet when the guy is in handcuffs and the cops as him, "are you on any drugs?" and the guy says, "what are drugs?" fucking hilarious

Report Post Tip

I asked this on a help thread and got a totally different answer so now im really lost. Are we in 30s still or moved to 50s now??

As far as others getting away with things or not I am really not the type who spends time reporting everything and anything I see. But my impression of what has been happening is someone is for my posts. 

For a writer your stories are like your children, to see them killed is something that affects you far beyond the wall of a screen. My whole day was shit yesterday over this. All I can hope is maybe this thread will make some changes that at least help us understand why things are pulled and what we can do to prevent this. Also to improve things overall by making it more consistent in all posts. 

Report Post Tip

Feowyr The game is 1920s - 1950s, there is some leeway in the timeframe because the game will eventually move into the 1950s with the new version. As long as its clearly not present day obviously OOC then it is usually allowed to stay. 

I am really not the type who spends time reporting everything and anything I see. 

Then do not complain if years old businesses go unnoticed for what you perceive as "rule breaking", simple as that. 

Report Post Tip

I am really not the type who spends time reporting everything and anything I see. 

Then do not complain if years old businesses go unnoticed for what you perceive as "rule breaking", simple as that. 

Reply by: Jen at Jan 07, '22 08:23

I didn't.  I mentioned something I noticed which is changed slightly on each city as I tried to do with mine. Trying to understand the difference other than you got a report from someone about mine. Going back to the main reason I made this thread, could we please get some kind of message as to what we did wrong to help avoid more issues

I'm not sure if that was a joke or your not getting it Feowyr. You cannot copy and paste the same thread into each city business district and simply change the title.
Reply by: Warrior at Jan 06, '22 19:55

You didn't even change anything from the original post. Another user saw your efforts and reported it for being a repost of an earlier thread.

Yes I did actually, several changes including linking a pic but its similarity and the fact I was reposting ignorant of that being verboten I can see how it would be pulled without reading its entirety. 
Another user saw and reported,, this is really the issue I think. Like I said I got a stalker who seems to have made it their life goal to pick apart and find any reason to report and get things pulled.  

Helpdesk staff do sweeping too Dagda. Any reports and alerts come to us all, so aye like you said if people see something that shouldn't be there, please report it as its the only way we'll know. We don't have the time or ability to review the forums frequently. 

Reply by: Warrior at Jan 06, '22 21:46

We do not need other sweepers, we need users to actually report things that they belive break the rules of the site/forums. I easily read all new posts a day and remove what is needed, although I must admit that perhaps I have missed something when the threads or posts are more than a year old and for that I do apologize. But for that I would like to point out the first sentence of this post and then continue pointing at it. 

Also Pablo - no. 

Reply by: Jen at Jan 07, '22 01:12

THIS is what im talking about. Are the forums easily being reviewed and  consistently moderated? Or is reporting the only way you will know? I dont know what significance a year ago is to all this but its been brought up 2 times now.  The only thing I know of that coincides with a one year timeframe is that was when I walked away the first time from here after having posts removed by different mods and the first one giving me advice how to fix it and following that only to have it pulled by another. 

I didnt make this to argue with yall I wanted to try and help make things more clear to people posting and having them removed so everyone can avoid it and be better at following the guidelines. The inconsistency is the really frustrating part. I literally copied the example Jen sent me for "Revenants funeral" and it was still pulled and I have no clue why. I asked helpdesk if a player gets VIP if not in a crew and was told yes but after another day of no points or bonus I join one and immediately discover the correct answer is no. Above is what im talking about in a nutshell,, reporting is the only way they will know but they easily read all the posts in a day??

So if you want to keep someone down on the forum just report everything they post over and over and eventually someone will pull it but if you dont feel like being a "tattler" or just think maybe thats why there are sweepers and they know their job and dont need help its suddenly your fault theres no consistency in the moderation???

The game doesnt need more sweepers but needs users to report things? Easily read everything but miss things (for some reason a year comes up again on that). 

This has been thoroughly derailed and im done. Please consider what I made this thread for in the first place and maybe send a reason to the poster so they know what they did that was wrong and help them to post better and avoid this issue.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Izzy im sure that happens but thats not at all what I did. You are aware of that as you mentioned further down in your post. What I cannot grasp is how jen and warrior admit they were under the impression we automatically got mailed , but that's not true as I am a direct example of that based off yesterday correct ? Fantastic I'm glad we can all agree that the feature you thought worked on your end does not. I do not care about copying and pasting etc if he broke a rule then do what you need to do. However removing peoples writing without mailing them is asking for some of these arguments. If you had more sweepers it could help with what seems to be already too much work for jen.

Jen for the life of me I cannot fathom how you want no help but want the users to do what is technically the job you have. I mean why be a sweeper at that point just let the community delegate it. The fact that you have a role that moderates the streets and are still asking users for assistance moderating the streets ,could that mean that maybe just maybe you need some more sweepers ? Is that not even a possibility. We immediately go straight to blaming the users. Why are you a sweeper then? Have yet to see anyone from staff say we will step up try to do better at getting back to you guys when we remove a post. Imagine the amount of back and forth we could have saved if one of you did that. Instead we have this thread. Without a doubt one of you will figure out a way to blame the users for somehow not mailing themselves to tell themselves someone from staff removed there post. I cant even make sense of it.

Report Post Tip

Think you misunderstood me Pablo. I replied stating to Jen that context we write was for Admin, not users. I didnt believe users got a message regarding it. However, I do personally usually mail people when I remove their content as I like to give guidance so that the same error doesnt get repeated and I do agree that such a feature giving users a heads up on why it was removed is a good idea. Currently, when we remove a post we need to enter the reason, which as I said is for the Admins side of things, but perhaps this could also go to the affected user, like Jen also said.

Whilst your encounter didnt go badly, most do sadly. Just last night I messaged a user about their post and explained about having to remove it, only to be met with a somewhat angry response and the user attempting to go over my head to Squishy as though I was doing something wrong. 

On your next point, again we don't need more sweepers. We frequently get posts reported by users and this is normally why posts are removed because once we receive the report, we review the content and make the decision on whether to remove it or not. I would only agree we need more sweepers if there were reports coming in that weren't being actioned in a timely manner, currently that isn't the case. You can either deduce from this that there are enough people doing the work, or not enough reports being made.

There will of course be situations where a post doesn't get noticed or simply doesn't get reported, sadly some like to think that we are picking and choosing what to remove and thats not the case, if you see something you think should be removed then report it. I'm not sure really what the issue is here or why the determination to have more people on staff that aren't necessary.

Although given how you finished off your comments Pablo, i'm not sure why I took the time to respond. I will circle back to the fact the man who made this thread has had numerous explanations on what he was doing wrong, so what more do you want staff to do, write threads for him to stop him re-using his old work? Clearly this particular thread wasn't required from that user given how much efforts had already been made to guide him.

Side note, I wasn't trying to marginalize your assistance by going to Squishy. It seemed no one understood what I was inquirying about and I thought the best way to get a definitive answer was by that means. I did not mind my poist was deleted as I never asked for it to be restored but only for further clarification. Nor was I upset or angry. I'm a communicative and inquisitive mind and when I do not fully understand a concept I feel compelled to dig deeper which may be a fault of mine. Thank you for your time and shout out to the staff who help to keep the forums cohesive and properly promoted to the community. 

Report Post Tip

Again, I apologize if I came across aggressive or hostile as that never was my intent.

Report Post Tip
 On your next point, again we don't need more sweepers. We frequently get posts reported by users and this is normally why posts are removed because once we receive the report, we review the content and make the decision on whether to remove it or not. I would only agree we need more sweepers if there were reports coming in that weren't being actioned in a timely manner, currently that isn't the case. You can either deduce from this that there are enough people doing the work, or not enough reports being made.

Please stop saying this. Another sweeper already mentioned they easily read all the post in 1 day. Clearly a lie but perhaps they do, there only 1 person im sure they miss things. As i said earlier you blame the community  instead of saying hey we should maybe make it mandatory to mail these people when we remove a post. Ofc people are upset you just removed there post without saying anything, im sure they heard tom dick and harry got a message after there post was removed. 

Although given how you finished off your comments Pablo, i'm not sure why I took the time to respond. I will circle back to the fact the man who made this thread has had numerous explanations on what he was doing wrong, so what more do you want staff to do, write threads for him to stop him re-using his old work? Clearly this particular thread wasn't required from that user given how much efforts had already been made to guide him. 

If you diddnt feel like responding then dont. Not forcing you to post. 

What more would i like you to do? Idk if your trolling me but I have already said multiple times it would be nice to have more sweepers or maybe just maybe send the person a mail when you remove there post.  I dont get how this is so difficult to comprehend. 

Stop circling back on things i already agreed with you on , learn how to understand the point im making. You guys get so deffensive "we dont need more sweepers" clearly you do. If there is an issue between most users and sweepers when a post is removed maybe we should remove all of the current ones and try again with people who can communicate better?  Or we can just remove every player who gets upset there post has been removed without warning. 

Just to clarify one of you is saying

We do not need other sweepers, we need users to actually report things that they belive break the rules of the site/forums.

the other

On your next point, again we don't need more sweepers. We frequently get posts reported by users and this is normally why posts are removed because once we receive the report, we review the content and make the decision on whether to remove it or not.

The only thing you guys agree on is we dont need more sweepers. However it seems to Jen users dont report enough but to Warrior users are reporting frequently. 

if you see something you think should be removed then report it. I'm not sure really what the issue is here or why the determination to have more people on staff that aren't necessary.

What happens when izzy opens the doors up for more people and another 500 - 1k join.  You and jen got this for sure when you  are blaming  the 200 we have now. You are aware we are moving into another game you are aware hes trying to get more people to join when that game goes live right?  You smarter than this im not pressed on being a sweeper , id like the people who come around to stay , and all of this plays a part in that.  So yes it would be nice to have more sweepers takes some of the work off you and the others.

Also Pablo - no

Very rude, thankfully iv spoken to the big boss to let them know im intrested .

Report Post Tip

Please stop saying this. Another sweeper already mentioned they easily read all the post in 1 day. Clearly a lie but perhaps they do, there only 1 person im sure they miss things. As i said earlier you blame the community  instead of saying hey we should maybe make it mandatory to mail these people when we remove a post. Ofc people are upset you just removed there post without saying anything, im sure they heard tom dick and harry got a message after there post was removed. 

No-one is lying to you. Do you really think there is a massive amount of fresh posts everyday? Go have a look at the forums and see how much new content is there on a daily basis. It's not a massive amount, really. It would certainly be do-able to read it all each day, however I've not said I do, so I can't exactly say so with as much certainty as Jen did. I trust that she isn't going to come out and lie for the sake of it, not sure why you'd insist she's lieing without being able to provide any means to counter her argument.

If you diddnt feel like responding then dont. Not forcing you to post. 

Of course you aren't forcing me to post. I take the time to respond if I feel its worthwhile doing so, however given the flippant nature of your way of speaking to us, it certainly feels to me like it wouldnt matter what I said, unless I agree with you it feels like you wont take anything I say on board, hence it feels like there is little point in responding. Perhaps I choose to respond anyway so that the others reading this will take some of the information on board, even if you fail to do so.

What more would i like you to do? Idk if your trolling me but I have already said multiple times it would be nice to have more sweepers or maybe just maybe send the person a mail when you remove there post.  I dont get how this is so difficult to comprehend. 

Clearly your struggling to understand the fact that I already do mail users when I remove their posts. However, this isn't mandatory practice and isn't a necessity for the role currently. I understand and appreciate the fact you've stated multiple times you wish it was, but it isn't currently. I do it anyway despite the fact I will often be bogged down by needless arguments.

I'm not sure why you feel more sweepers is necessary still, the fact that both Jen and I have been able to confirm that the work is currently being managed fine, seems to be disregarded by you. Obviously if/when we expand and get more users and there becomes more work, I would expect Squishy may look to bring on more people to assist with that. But as things stand currently, it's not needed. It isn't only Jen and I that will look at posts and work reports, all Helpdesk staff have this ability and I'm sure others do it, not just Jen and I. Just because we are the ones taking the time to respond to this thread doesn't mean the work is handled solely by us.

The only thing you guys agree on is we dont need more sweepers. However it seems to Jen users dont report enough but to Warrior users are reporting frequently. 

Those two aspects aren't opposites, so I dont see why you feel one negates the other. Users do report frequently, that doesn't mean they report everything, though. As Jen has said she reads all the new posts and perhaps she has to remove many posts that arent reported, this doesn't mean there aren't ones reported, just not all those that should be.

Honestly, I dont know how better to convey to you the fact the reports get worked without showing you a copy of each and every single report that was received and actioned. Your determined to believe there is this backlog of work sitting somewhere with sweepers needing to get on it. There isn't.

You and jen got this for sure when you  are blaming  the 200 we have now

I can categorically saying I'm not blaming anyone for anything at this point. I wouldn't use a sweeping statement to tar you all with the same brush. There are mostly certainly users in the game that frequently break the IC/OOC aspects, more often than not its an error on their part or they've tried their best and worded something incorrectly, I don't see these people as some sort of issue, we help them and guide them as much as we can and at some point i'm sure they'll learn.

If you meant with regards to the fact Jen said people need to report more, I believe that was Jens response to the previous user stating they were aware of posts similar to theirs which didnt get removed, it wasn't meant as some sort of dig at the user base for not reporting. We don't expect the users to run around reporting everything all the time, but we do appreciate when people report the posts they believe need removed. So if a user wants to kick and scream and say x,y,z didnt get their post removed, they should instead report such posts for review and not act like they are being mistreated or singled out because their post was removed and another wasn't, as its likely their post was removed because someone did report it.

Anyway, think that pretty much covers everything on this topic as far as i'm concerned, please do feel free to mail me direct if you have anything further you want to discuss with me.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure why you feel more sweepers is necessary still, the fact that both Jen and I have been able to confirm that the work is currently being managed fine, seems to be disregarded by you. Obviously if/when we expand and get more users and there becomes more work, I would expect Squishy may look to bring on more people to assist with that. But as things stand currently, it's not needed. It isn't only Jen and I that will look at posts and work reports, all Helpdesk staff have this ability and I'm sure others do it, not just Jen and I. Just because we are the ones taking the time to respond to this thread doesn't mean the work is handled solely by us.

If you are getting into arguments with users because of the lack of communication then something is needed. I just simply dont understand what you dont understand. There is a clear issue this is not the first time this has been disccussed. There is absoultelty nothing else to say you took it as a personal attack. So many "I's" when im reffering to all of you whom are sweepers.

Those two aspects aren't opposites, so I dont see why you feel one negates the other. Users do report frequently, that doesn't mean they report everything, though. As Jen has said she reads all the new posts and perhaps she has to remove many posts that arent reported, this doesn't mean there aren't ones reported, just not all those that should be.

So then who is frequently reporting all the post to you if jen is removing most of them. I was not trying to attack any of you just want there to be better communcation on all sides when removing a post.  Instead we get smart ass replies on this thread to the orginal poster and myself. 

Of course you aren't forcing me to post. I take the time to respond if I feel its worthwhile doing so, however given the flippant nature of your way of speaking to us, it certainly feels to me like it wouldnt matter what I said, unless I agree with you it feels like you wont take anything I say on board, hence it feels like there is little point in responding. Perhaps I choose to respond anyway so that the others reading this will take some of the information on board, even if you fail to do so.

You are projecting big time here. Keep in mind im the one asking for better communcation, even though iv personally never had an issue with this. For the people not taking the time out to mail those whos post they remove, Hold yourself to the same standards you hold the CLs too. You also play a part in this community. 

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: What did I do now?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL