Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 15:14:42
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
What did I do now? Started by: Feowyr on Jan 05, '22 06:26

I would like to apologize to the user base as well - which I have not done yet as I was waiting for the conversation to die down and for my head to cool slightly. 

I genuinely thought that the text box I filled out with the reason for deletion was sent to users. The number of users who reached out vs. the number of deletions that were made seemed as if occasionally the feature did not work. There is no way for me to test this working or not working without compromising my own player account, which as you can imagine is something I am hesitant to do. 

This is why this was said to users, and often with apologies, and why mails were not sent with every deletion that happened. 

That said, I have and will continue to discuss with Squishy the best way to alert users to the deletion that will accomplish two things: 

1.) Not add additional time to sweeping. This is largely due to having to copy and paste each post, mail the user and explain the reasoning behind it feels a lot more like actual work, than something I do to help the game. 

2.) Not bring about endless arguments where multiple people have their time wasted. 

As I stated in the Thread announcing my role, my reason behind wanting to be a sweeper is ultimately to help those who want to get into Role Play, while maintaining some sort of standards in the streets (the second one needs more work, but activity is better than nothing sometimes) so everyone can enjoy them. 

So I would like to apologize for any confusion I caused based on the way I thought a feature worked. I assure you the things I typed were very professional 99% of the time because I truely thought users were getting the alerts. Things like "Please do not use OOC in the streets." and quoting rules directly to users to remind them. I have high hopes for getting something in place that is a nice middle ground to avoid the above two points, but also keeps the users informed about things that have happened. 

And I will make an effort to mail regarding deletions that happen, but given I mostly do these during meetings at work making it a longer process, things may get missed or stay up longer than they should. Which brings me to the final point - If you see something you think breaks the site rules or forum rules please report it. My inbox is always open and you can find me on Lounge/IRC if you have any questions.  

Thats it. Thats all I got. 

Have a link to a great picture from twitter I found on reddit. 

Report Post Tip

Had a few things I had neglected to save so while I was passing by a ghostly entity gone as fast as he arrived. 

Although given how you finished off your comments Pablo, i'm not sure why I took the time to respond. I will circle back to the fact the man who made this thread has had numerous explanations on what he was doing wrong, so what more do you want staff to do, write threads for him to stop him re-using his old work? Clearly this particular thread wasn't required from that user given how much efforts had already been made to guide him.

Reply by: Warrior at Jan 08, '22 21:00

The man who made the thread got numerous explanations running this into the ground after the fact. Several older posts were in fact reposted most with changes that synched with the main storyline he tried to get everyone into. Upon discovery that this was not allowed it was stopped. Several posts were indeed pulled and reposted because,,, to circle back, nobody could take a moment and explain why. So it became a crap shoot figuring out what I did that time. 

In fact it was Jen who explained it while explaining how if I quote myself its plagiarism unless I quote me. 

"I genuinely thought that the text box I filled out with the reason for deletion was sent to users." Quote from Jen, the interface is madding sometimes so sorry this isnt in block since its having a very hard time separating the lines and,, well lifes too short is the theme of my reply isnt it? I think Warrior still believed I got multiple warnings automatically so no need to apologize for either of you its why pencils have erasers. 

"(the second one needs more work, but activity is better than nothing sometimes)" Jen 

Several posts lately begging for activity in forums and wondering where everyone went. Im knee deep in the water somewhere. Hope these things are fixed if I pop in again one day. 

"So I would like to apologize for any confusion I caused based on the way I thought a feature worked. I assure you the things I typed were very professional 99% of the time because I truely thought users were getting the alerts." Jen again

No you were 100%

" I have high hopes for getting something in place that is a nice middle ground to avoid the above two points, but also keeps the users informed about things that have happened. " Jen, one last time

Me too. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: What did I do now?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL