Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:55:20
Page:  1 
Omicron Started by: Atticus-Spinelli on Jan 17, '22 03:18

Some sources say the new variant of Covid is the most contagious out of all the previous variants, but the symptoms are mild compared to what the world has endured in the last few years.

If you've become diagnosed with Omicron, first of all, I want to wish you a speedy recovery and that the symptoms are as mild as some people say.  Secondly, how has Omicron affected you and or your loved ones?  Are the symptoms as mild as they say, or are they worse than most people think?  Also, have you been vaccinated or not?  Lastly, did you get the booster?  Bonus question:  Do you think they say the symptoms are mild because the vaccine is actually working, or do you still think the vaccine is a joke?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
As far as I know Omicron is worse than the normal Covid.. I'm vaccinated ya, does vaccine help against the Omicron, I have no idea, nor even the health organizations knows 😥
I got one dose of j&j vaccine.
Its working I know yet it differs from person to another and it's ability to prevent or decrease ghr symptoms of the disease.

We had a family lunch with one person unknowingly infected with Omicron. Every other person (other than myself) went down with it within 3 days. 

Symptoms were a horrible fever for 24 - 36 hours followed by a slow recovery over a couple of weeks, albeit faster than with Delta.  Everyone at the meal was double or triple vaccinated plus most previously had Delta.  Of course, everyone now blames me and says i am an asymptomatic carrier! :(

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I wonder what they will name the next variant, cause there is always another one, or so it seems.

Report Post Tip

This corona virus is man made . It came out of the same bio research facility as The swine flu, bird flu and Sars, and many others. This is Sars-Covid 19, Which is Sars mutated both by human intervention and the natural growth of these things once it was released. This is why people should not play genetically with viruses. Silly people think they rule the world until a  man made virus pops up and kills millions.

I appreciate those who  are being test subjects for the vaccinations, as I am one of the people that can not get a vaccination. So thank you to those working on herd immunity. Godspeed and heal well barring any complications of your heart or reproductive system.

Report Post Tip

I had covid three weeks ago, cought it after a couple of weeks of hard training (IRONMAN). I was out of training for 2 weeks, but can compare the symtoms to a commn flew. Natural immunity for me, still very happy with that choice.

Report Post Tip

If it were up to me, I would have chosen natural immunity, but my job mandated the vaccine.  To be honest, I'm actually glad I got the vaccine, and the booster.  As Charles Barkley once said, "you don't get the vaccine for yourself, you get it for your loved ones."  Facts.  Even if you're a tough guy, gal, or non-binary, maybe grandma or grandpa ain't so tough these days and they need you to have that extra protection, so you don't pass full-blown Covid their way.

Report Post Tip

Exactly Atticus, you are 100% correct. I mean even with the vaccine you will still eventually get Covid, just that your body might be able to handle it better now than it might have without the vaccine. So fingers crossed those loved ones also have the vaccine to aid them in defending their bodies too.

Report Post Tip

Having had the virus in January of 2020, and twice since, after double vaccine, I believe the vaccine works. When I first got it, I really thought I was going to die and was in the hospital. I had long term shortness of breath for 6 months where it was hard to walk up the stairs. This last time, I was a bit tired and had a cough and a headache. It was nothing compared to the first bout. 

Report Post Tip

I really trust the science, but I do not trust the people behind it, as in many cases it is controlled by the corporations funding it, there was a scientific paper once on Coca Cola and like proof that it is not harmful at all, of course funded by Coca Cola... Anyways, I do hope that omicron is super contagious but way weaker than the predecessors, because finally, there will be no lockdowns anymore, no mask mandates (even though I do wear mask in public transport, because even before corona, people would sneeze and spit all over the place), but I hope that at some point all these things will stop, as many were useless, honestly...

Report Post Tip
I haven't had covid yet (at least not that I'm aware of!) But a lot of the people I know have got Omicron whereas I knew very few people with the previous strains. I don't know if it is partially a function of increased testing, but on another note, it does sound milder, especially to those who have been vaccinated and boosted.
Report Post Tip

I dont have vaccine from year 20-21 and i dont get that covid..just got my vaccine this 22 bcoz its something like mandatory... u cant go outside if u dont have card that u are vaccinated lol.. sometimes people make it worst.. and i think covid is for rich family only hehe.. because poor family dont get that..  even if u died in a heart attack the hospital will make it covid lol... if there is new or old virus, true or not..  we just enjoy our life to the fullest.. we can make it through this pandemic. 

Report Post Tip

Yes, Omicron replicates more in the upper airways, and less in the lungs, contrary to Delta. That's why it's both more contagious and less dangerous (not meaning is not dangerous at all)

Now quite some people I know got it (me not I think!), and none of them have serious illness from it.

Report Post Tip

I haven't had any variant of Covid-19 and I'm grateful for that. I have, however, noticed the uptick in patients in my area. All of the at-home kits are sold out, appointments are booked months out and both urgent and emergency care have very long waits. On top of this, everyone is short staffed. It was like this when the pandemic initially began then got better after awhile. I'm guessing the latest variant is responsible for the regression we're seeing here.

Report Post Tip

I have been very lucky over all these pandemics but with this new one seems to have given me on nose and ear pains

Report Post Tip

I've been lucky so far when it comes to corvid, I've been triple vaccinated  *touch wood*  I hope all those  who have a speedy recovery  as it's not a good thing to be ill and stuck in bed. 

Well having going through covid myself and still recovering from when I got told I was positive my first few days was horrible my voice was gone and my throat killed me along with spitting blood out Everytime I coughed and having to be on an inhaler to help open my lungs felt like someone was slightly stepping on my chest. But now I don't feel to bad now still got my cough still and it can hard to breath sometimes as well I regret not getting vaccinated to be honest and this is a lesson learned for me covid is not a joke nor I would wish on anyone but I hope those suffering from it a speedy recovery as well. 

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Omicron
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL