Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 17:59:29
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The BLOODIEST Times in Our Mafia's History Started by: DarkTimes on Jan 17, '22 22:41

I'm not embarrassed to say that I'm a bit of a history buff, and the history of our great mafia here is a subject near and dear to my heart.  I thought it would be nice to take a moment to break from the normal hum-drum of the streets, the usual in-fighting and mud-slinging, and just take some time to reflect on times past.  In this case, the bloodiest times.  Some of you may be a bit too new to these shores to remember these times, while for others this speech may serve as a nice trip down memory lane.  Please enjoy.

The Takedown of Godfather Roman

Historically, no empire lasts forever, and The Roman Empire was no exception.  Godfather Roman ruled over the underworld with an iron-fist, respected and feared by all cities, including the ones under his command.  He used a special blend of cunning, strategy, and ruthlessness to solidify his stranglehold on organized crime, even wiping out a city for infractions as menial as a city head not wishing him a happy birthday.  But as his power grew, so did an underlying resentment from within.  While Roman was perceived as untouchable by the majority, a plan to take him down began to form within his own ranks and once the plan was fully formulated, it was executed in a war that split This Things of Ours into two.  Past grudges and grievances were put aside for the common cause.  Even Roman's own city split down the middle, with several key members jumping ship while others remained loyal until the bitter end.  The turning point of the war came when Roman's 2nd in command JesseJames turned on his former boss and the tides shifted in favor of the revolution.  However even after the writing was on the wall and Roman's demise was near, his faithful 3rd in command Katarina (as well as his fourth in command Premier) went down with the ship honorably.  The war ended with Roman finally meeting his demise, but the bloodshed continued for weeks to follow in the subsequent power-vacuum.

The May War

A legendary war that changed the whole shape of the Mafia as we knew it at the time. Tensions had been steadily reaching a boiling point between the mob's most powerful factions.  The two forces finally collided in May, resulting in a war that lasted for days and leveled the entire community. Godfather Phil_Steak was killed in the first wave of attack, with the other Godfather from the opposing side meeting his demise shortly after.  After days and days of bloodletting and massacre, only two powerhouses remained standing, Deadly_Sin and Cpt-harris.  The war dragged deep into the night with Cpt-harris finally achieving victory and taking his place atop the mafia throne, ruling over the rubble left in The May War's aftermath.

And last but certainly not least as far as the more darker and depraved chapters in our Mafia's history...

The Lincoln_Lawyer Writing Contest

Once a pillar of goodwill in our streets where even rival factions could come together in the spirit of competition and storytelling, this new era of modern-day Writing Contest headed by the likes of Kuku/Lincoln_Lawyer would be continuously marred by controversy, accusations, and sadly... mass murder.  Why anyone in their right mind would participate in a Kuku/Lincoln_Lawyer contest at this point is beyond me, however at least 16 misguided mobsters decided it was a good idea to enter the Lincoln_Lawyer contest.  The cost of entry turned out to be their lives.

Amongst other blaring similarities, the Kuku/Lincoln_Lawyer writing contests all lure participants in with the promise of flashy gifts, cash prizes, and non-biased judges with this recent Lincoln_Lawyer contest being no different than their others.  As the bodies began to pile up even in the preliminary stages, Lincoln_Lawyer swept the mounting deaths under the rug, dismissing them and over-explaining the nature of these contest related-deaths.  Duels and targeted attacks erupted in the name of mere storytelling.  As the toll reached higher numbers, Lincoln_Lawyer took the defensive by stating that all Street-based contests suffer at least one death, despite years of evidence supporting the fact that the very large majority of these contests ended with zero casualties.  As the kin of contest-slain writers took to the street to air their displeasure, Lincoln_Lawyer hurled insults at them while his cohort Dr_Satan threatened them for speaking on the subject.  This unfortunately led to the contest's first contest-related suicide, adding to the already record-breaking writing contest death count.  With the deaths reaching staggering heights, Lincoln_Lawyer turned a deaf ear to the victims and their kin and announced the contest "a success", in hopes that the history books would reflect that the contest went off without any reason for alarm.  In a bizarre attempt to undermine his own fatality numbers, Lincoln_Lawyer even went as far as to meticulously count the exact number of deaths that occurred during the contest's run from the obituaries, and announced that "62 people died" during the course of time since his contest had started.  With 62 people being a far steeper number than 16, his own death count seemed meek by comparison, albeit completely irrelevant to the claims.  But the controversies surrounding gifts being awarded out to non-participants, prizes withheld from storytellers who met a convenient death during the contest's run, and most importantly those that gave up their lives to have their words heard will cast a dark, dark shadow on the writing community.  Sadly, I feel this may be the most important moment to remember in our history.  As a storyteller myself, I would love to see our world become a place where people can express themselves creatively without fear of senseless slaughter for the good of nobody other than contest promoters like Kuku/Lincoln_Lawyer.  Or at the very least I hope they both look back at some of the actual successful contests from the past that were run without incident and take a page from their book.

"Those that do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat it."

Rest in peace to ALL the fallen of the aforementioned wars and contest, and as the old saying goes, to the victor goes the spoils.

Report Post Tips: 11 / Total: $220,000 Tip
I remember them all:

Nicoletta
Ray_Liotta
EddieMame

Countless others. All because of poor management
Report Post Tip
It seems that in the short time Lincoln "ran" a writing competition, more than a quarter of all the deaths were competition related.

Stunning.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Absolutely dull and boring. Next.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Becoming more and more familiar with Kuku and his cult followers. They are a funny bunch.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
HeadHunterX - you are familiar with us because your RHM did work for us.

Our dossier has been handed over with information pertaining to this.

His betrayal of us has been noted.
Report Post Tip

Connor_Roy - Please do enlighten us with this 'dossier' of yours. Does it say his favorite foods too?

It simply proves that a RHM placed a hit on Don_Drew on behalf of the KLF.

Drew narrowly avoided death at the hands of a KLF operative

Wow that is amazing, they are following the playbook I have become aware of to a T. Great job guys on attempting to twist the narrative and pushing for wars. Not going to lie, people like you bring life into this game and are a needed evil. Keep up the good work, hope your next plot goes a little better though!

HeadHunterX - your RHM hitlisted Don_Drew.

That is a fact.
No more feeding of the trolls for me today. Good luck on your next scheme!
Report Post Tip

Dr .Boom's war was not mentioned. They killed more than half of the families at the time.  That was quite bloody.

Report Post Tip
Alice - but did it kill 16 writers?
Report Post Tip
HeadHunterX - this is a talk about lives lost in the bloody episodes that make up our society.

You are a leader. Nothing more profound to say?
Report Post Tip

Dr .Boom's war was not mentioned. They killed more than half of the families at the time.  That was quite bloody.

I'm sure it was AliceLiddell but all wars are bloody.  The effort it would take someone to highlight every war thats ever happened would take an impossible amount of time. 

Report Post Tip

I am sorry I thought we were  talking about bloodiest wars, so I mentioned the first one that came to mind. If my family journals  serve me correctly the only city left standing in that war was Dr. Booms, but it was awhile ago and there are water spots on my journal pages.

Report Post Tip
@AliceLiddel - I know your lineage have seen bodies fall in writing competitions.

Can you talk about that?
Report Post Tip

I am sorry I thought we were  talking about bloodiest wars, so I mentioned the first one that came to mind. If my family journals  serve me correctly the only city left standing in that war was Dr. Booms, but it was awhile ago and there are water spots on my journal pages.

I think you're misunderstanding me.  Im sure it was indeed a very bloody war.  I could think of some bloody ones too (most of which I've probably forgotten or would rather forget).  But that would be based solely on our own perceptions and journals.  There are probably folks that pre-date us both who could think of rather messy wars as well.  But to mention them all would be an impossible feat.  Everyone's perception is different.

Report Post Tip

And here I thought we were talking about the history of the Mafia. Which Mafia are we discussing?

What has to occur to make it notable and happen to be particularly bloody, Connor_Roy?

I could if that was the topic of this conversation, but it is clearly stated on the manifesto of this conversation that is about bloodiest times in our mafia's history.

Which is why I surprised to see that a war that only left one city standing wasn't mentioned.  Or the first reign of the Disorder regime where masses of people were killed on the regular.

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The BLOODIEST Times in Our Mafia's History
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL