Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 04:20:17
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
National Dueling Championship - $10,000,000 prize pool Started by: Gerwyn_Price on Jan 19, '22 14:21

Mickey blew his nose, he was concerned at sounding so nasally given his origins, more south of the border than southern gentleman. He was also more than a little put out but the man laughing raucously at the death of the previously undefeated champion. Sure he had just been shot in the face, and died where he stood, by a Goose no less, but you still had to respect the man for upholding his beliefs. Truth be told he had had to stifle a Grin himself with the explosion of sound that was filling the room, still at least it gave him the opportunity to pocket the Double Tailer in his hand, and adjust the 250k bung he had in his inside jacket pocket. The rules didn't say anything about the coin toss being rigged. Clearing his throat, mostly due to Bacon's cigar smoke and the fowl smell in the room, he stepped forward.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages. The National Duelling Championship is proud to present its NEW and UNDEFEATED champion of the world, Honk. And if you are not down with that I've got a few words for you, Step up and drop a challenge."

Report Post Tip

Cuthbert's initial reaction to the duel was delight. There was a new Champion and that gloating bag of balls he had been unfortunate enough to call Dad was no longer with them. However, it had quickly transpired that Cuthbert's joy was to be shortlived and Gerwyn's shadow would continue to haunt him even from beyond the grave.

Honk, still motionless and giving more than a lingering look at Gerwyn's loafers, had been adorned with the belt. His hand had been lifted in triumph, which had prompted an awkward sequence where he appeared to try and take flight only to fall flat on his face beside Gerwyn's fat head, complete with gaping bullet hole. 

Once the Champion was back on his feet, the cracks began to show. Where was the $5,000,000? Who was going to organise the next bout? Was Honk really capable of being the champion if he wasn't even certain he was human? Questions rattled around and the likes of Mansplaining, Bacon and FrankZappa were pigs in the trough, buried to the snout in the wreckage trying to carve out a piece for themselves. It would be Lincoln_Lawyer though, who would ruin Cuthbert's day, just as he was about to take his leave.

"As per the bout agreement," he called over the self-serving din and unseemly hooting of Honk. "Gerwyn has made arrangements that all the proceeds, rights and responsibilities for the National Dueling Championship shall fall to, and be honoured by his beloved son, Cuthbert Reginald Arthur Price, who is the sole beneficiary of his fortune, including his shares in the NDC as per his will." Lincoln said, wafting a paper in his pudgy fingers, clearly delighted with himself. 

Cuthbert frowned as the attention of the crowd turned to him. "What the fuck are you talking about?" He knew nothing about this and he certainly wasn't aware of any fortune.

"It is all right here," Lincoln waved the paper again. "Gerwyn had made investments in stocks, apparently. Don't worry, you'll just have to claim on the policy he made with.....," He peered at the will now, obviously pretending to look up a name which he already knew for effect. "Ah yes, the Mastrosimone Mutual Fund. They'll take care of everything for you. Come by my office and we'll work out the details..."

Cuthbert stopped listening, feeling a weight he didn't know was there lifted from his shoulders. Maybe his Dad had done something nice for him after all. He had bequeathed the National Dueling Championship ownership to him and had also made some seemingly sound investments. After he had paid Honk the $5,000,000 this Mastrosimone Mutual Fund was holding, maybe there would be some left over for him. He managed a smile, a genuine one this time. Things were looking up. He might even pay for Gerwyn to be buried, rather than leave him to rot in the street which was his original plan. Perhaps there could be a bandage across his wounded soul yet...

Lincoln was making another announcement behind him as he trudged away. "The National Duelling Championship is proud to present its NEW and UNDEFEATED champion of the world, Honk." The noise slowly drifted away as he headed for home, eager to find out what riches awaited him.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

By formal decree, being the official NDC belt polisher & cleaner, I hereby take over responsibilities of the NDC organization as its President henceforth. In addition, I will also take on the title of Interim Chairman during this administrative transition.

Lincoln_Lawyer will be Head Legal Consul as well as Director of Duel Development.

Accepting applicants on a case-by-case basis.

Stay tuned for upcoming press releases from NDC’s head office!

Report Post Tip

Cuthbert returned to visit the rotting corpse of Gerwyn_Price. The man who had spent the first 30 years of Cuthbert's life annoying him, only to spend his first days finally dead trying to end it. He was surprised to see Bacon, upgrading himself from bootlicker to president before Gerwyn's corpse had even worked up its full stench.

"Actually, Bacon, you'll find that everything related to the NDC belongs to me. Unless you feel like paying the $5,000,000 to Honk and clearing the debt? No? Didn't think so. Lincoln_Lawyer holds all the paperwork confirming it to be the case - he explained that to me at length earlier - which means the NDC will continue and we have our new champion, Honk."

Honk was still standing nearby, belt around his waist. Cuthbert assumed he had nowhere else to go and certainly nothing better to do. Could the man be the face of the organisation? He could do a fine job of being the spotty arseend of it, that much was obvious with a look like his, but the face? It would definitely take some work.

"To anyone still here savouring the corpse of my father, let me just make it clear that the NDC fully endorses Honk as the new dueling maestro. I've seen the man paid his full fee of $5,000,000 for his work. Now, Honk wears the crown. The man is unbeaten. Untested, it has to be said. He's never even faced a single shot in his direction. He's a marvel. Does he even know how good he is? Who can say? One thing we do know if that the bounty has begun and the first person who guns down Honk in a duel will earn themselves a tidy $2,500,000!"

"If anyone is interested, please make sure you don't see," he glanced towards Bacon, "the thieving riffraff. Come and see me. I'm usually in Licoln_Lawyer's/my office. Thanks."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

“Gerwyn_Price died. Who are you?” Bacon asked as he began to think that certainly some random stranger that has populated the streets for a brief time can’t just walk into the room and continue another’s journey on the streets. I’m not sure where you came from or how you fit into this competition. The founder recently died from a duel and there were no further instructions. Clearly, someone with zero reference or understanding of this discussion, as they had not immigrated to the shores yet, cannot arbitrarily force themselves into such activities.

Such an idea would defeat the purpose of the event and be an utter sham. “Don’t be naive,” Bacon said as he smoked on his cigar. “If that’s how you wish to be perceived, stranger, then I highly doubt you’ll see any further participation.” The pig began to chuckle at such recklessness displayed by the young thug.

Report Post Tip

The role of desperate nerd has already been capably filled by EMHP, so there is no need to apply for that one

Thats rude son - careful how you treat people

mafiatrivia is in his right to shoot you if this was the real mafia POP POP watch that smoke son

Report Post Tip

Cuthbert looked confused. He was sure Bacon was stood right there when Lincoln Lawyer had announced Gerwyn's wishes and legal declaration only yesterday wherein he gave his controlling interest, complete with the $5,000,000 debt, to his son, Cuthbert. "Naive? Perceptions? What are you talking about, man?"

Report Post Tip

ive just bene told you died - 

rest in piece son we will pour one out for you for sure

careful with this dueling business in future its a dangerous game son

Report Post Tip

Bacon walks away from the snake oil salesman and catches the first flight out of town.

Report Post Tip

Cuthbert looks on as the few remaining stragglers part to let the downcast Bacon depart the scene. A small rain cloud begins to form in the sky, almost seemingly to follow his fast retreating back. Cuthbert thinks he can hear the solemn notes of a violin being strummed somewhere in the distance, carried on the wind. 

"So, as I was saying, $2,500,000 to the first man to defeat old Honk here! Thanks!"

Report Post Tip

Let it be known that after my exceptional act of courage and fortitude as the only man to stand against a ceaseless Gerwyn tide and back the challenger Honk, I am now prepared to put a further 2 million dollars behind my man retaining his belt in the next challenge. I am on team Honk until Bacon's polishing kit is all out of oil. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: National Dueling Championship - $10,000,000 prize pool
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL