Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 16:03:02
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Hands and their character ages Started by: Silverlight on Jan 27, '22 18:09
So, in the top bar theres a help-section with some tutorials. Including what the requirements are per rank and what is being unlocked per rank.
I noticed that at 8 days (when being Wise Guy) the new feature is unlocked that you can become LHM, and RHM at 11 days (when being Made Man).

I know the topic is outdated. But please either update that post to remove those new features at those ranks, or make it so that you can't become a hand before then.

Because now after every war, when uppers die, they magically appear as uppers the day after in their friends crew or in another new crew in the city..

Why not back to the 8 days requirement? It forces the CL to be handless for a while or give someone new the chance to prove their worth.
It also creates a little more diversity in the game.
Report Post Tip

It won't do anything in terms of diversity. You'll seldom see right hands as someone a CL doesn't fully trust. The CL will either move LH to RH temporarily until their RH returns at 11 days, if it gets reverted. As for LH, you'll see the same principle most of the time, with maybe a few times being different.

I'd say update the text. Don't revert it back to what it was because it doesn't change much of anything, other than just a wait period. MR is a social game and a political game. There's not really much "let bygones be bygones" around here, which is why you'll see dead hands come back as a new account and back into being a hand, provided their CL didn't die.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Then maybe make things more interesting. Like a punishment for not having two hands? Meaning you have to put another person a chance instead of the old hand.
Like 10% less chance per missing hand on the chance of perking for the crew then. So if it's a 10% chance to perk, with 2 hands missing it's only 8% etc.

Minor difference, but it's there. Similar to KOH at Durden Raids. So Izzy already has a fair bit of coding to add % to a perk-chance. Same way he can deduct if certain conditions apply.
Report Post Tip

There is already a form of "punishment" for not having hands for a certain period of time. It affects the CL bonus we can obtain.

Report Post Tip

Like a punishment for not having two hands? Meaning you have to put another person a chance instead of the old hand.

Aye, currently if you dont have both hand positions filled, you lose quite a bit of your bonuses and are a lot more vulnerable.  (Exluding when a hand is killed and its been under X hours since) 

Report Post Tip
Havent been CL for far too long.. Ah well, idea still stands to either execute as the tutorial says or update the tutorial :p
Personally, I'd vote for the first option.
Report Post Tip

Another wrinkle in this, and another reason people only trust their absolute best mates that they fully trust as hands is the punishments. If a hand fucks up, the CL gets jailed or wacked. Why would I, as a CL, give a hand spot to a someone I don't fully trust, when they could script shots two days later and get me killed?

And why should I be handless because not enough people have earned my trust? Is it not better to have a select few you trust than to trust everyone and get killed?

Idk. This argument gets tiring, it crops up after every war. There's nothing inherently wrong with thugs as hands, considering the same person is going to be hand in 11 days anyway.

Meh.

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $160,000 Tip

This is the one reason I no longer complain about 2 minute old accounts getting hand: 

If a hand fucks up, the CL gets jailed or wacked. Why would I, as a CL, give a hand spot to a someone I don't fully trust, when they could script shots two days later and get me killed?

Report Post Tip

If a hand fucks up, the CL gets jailed or wacked. Why would I, as a CL, give a hand spot to a someone I don't fully trust, when they could script shots two days later and get me killed?

So basically the leading CL's have a found a way within the rules to not teach the next generation to hold these positions out of what ? 

Fear? Paranoia?

I guess those are good reasons to not let anybody but the people you "completely trust" to hold the position.

The "completely trust line" is an excuse, albeit provided by the game rules. This is a game people, not some real life business (unless you own the place). Relax a little and let other players have a bit of fun. Instead of authorizing the same people, and infant accounts. 

Really if you have been a crew leader as long as some have at this moment even with yesterdays war you should have some older player you can trust enough to put in the position. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It may be a game AliceLiddell but as soon as real life money became active it went beyond 'just a game'.

I personally do not purchase credits with RL money. I am not in a position to do so. I earn them through working hard in game.

But for those who invest hundreds or thousands of currency into their account then it isn't an excuse. It's absolutely valid. It's an investment for their enjoyment and being killed for giving someone a chance isn't up there as a priority for anyone. Unfortunate but true.

Report Post Tip

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand it if you want people up there you trust. Nothing against it. Just being OCD about the tutorial-info mismatching the game regarding age-requirement.

So just had the two options to adjust either. And in everyones posts above are also the pros/cons and opinions to chance or not to chance the way it works now.

Some people would want their old hands back, because they trust them, know what they do, and rather want it sooner then later: get that. Makes sense even! They wouldn't trust their lives in the hands of other people. (no pun intended)

Other people might care a little bit less and don't necessarily need the old hand back instantly after a war, wouldn't mind waiting a few days and in the meanwhile giving a new person a chance to shine (someone they trust as well ofcourse) because theyve been with them for so long, just not been a hand in that crew etc. 

It are two very personal views on how someone wants to play the game, and both are equally good. not saying one is better than the other. And sorry if the discussion was brought up before, only wanted to point out the difference between tutorial and "real gaming experience".

Report Post Tip

Why can’t it be both @Ralf_Ragnick? I agree with your points. Although, I lean more towards AliceLiddell view tbh.

As someone who’s put RL cash on the line that’s never stopped me from giving newer  players a chance at hand. I think that’s just a commonly used misdirect at the fact most are just selfish.

Report Post Tip

Dang, Ralf_Rangnick

Report Post Tip
Simply because I'm not willing to risk a mistake that may result in a complete loss of time and money.

You could train hands no doubt.

But when you have a hand you usually have them to death.

If they die but you survive it's a complete no argument to reappoint them.
Report Post Tip

Agreed, fair enough. Thank you for the response :)

Report Post Tip

But for those who invest hundreds or thousands of currency into their account then it isn't an excuse.

Now I have only been a CL once, turned  down many other opportunities through the years I been here.  I had no idea when I was a Cl what my hands backgrounds were, I didn't know them at all.  I keep it that way because I don't bloodline. In fact I lose respect for people who feel they need to tell me who their bloodline is.  I don't give anyone clout for  what their bloodline had done, only what they have currently done. 

Instead I had  asked my Cl who he felt would be good for the spot, again I didn't know my CL , but I had worked with him and so that trust you speak about was built. Yes it was new and didn't have years and years and years of influence.  But it was built between me and Cl and then was being built between me and my hands at the time. ( the way the game is supposed to be played).

I am an investor in the game , before that was stopped . And I spend thousands of dollars on the game a year. 

So the money you have invested being a reason to always use the same people over and over and over again no matter the work that everyone else  put into their current account/ or the game   is the excuse and it is a bad excuse. This one of the reasons people leave the game, and why some take long hiatuses from the game( sometimes never returning).  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip
It is not a bad excuse.

It's a very good reason.

You just choose not accept it
Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Can you please name all the people who have left the game/taken a long hiatus because a CL did not appoint someone they did not know as RHM?

Virtually all of your OOC posts peddle this same line about some sort of injustice to "new" people, of which there are not many anyway, when the reality is with the districts system, there are more opportunities than at any other point in the history of the game.  

As to this topic itself, I think if you choose not to trust the people around you with filling in even temporarily, they you should suffer the consequences of that and lose the bonuses. 8 days is unlikely to be too much of a hardship anyway. I'd say bring it back.

I accept it is choice that people make  Ralf_Ragnick.

I however do not have to accept that is the only way or just the way things are, obviously it is not if  like I explained have done it different and it worked perfectly fine for all those involved.

Report Post Tip
I never said it was the only way.

You said it was a bad excuse. It isn't.

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Hands and their character ages
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL