X

May 08 - 02:55:59
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Hands and their character ages Started by: Silverlight on Jan 27, '22 18:09
No he said it is not a bad excuse
Report Post Tip

Who the fuck are we kidding here? Even before the CL could be punished for the hands fuck up, the same hands would be put back in place. I get the trust issue. I really do. However, if we got say Jon Doe or Jane Doe who has displayed everything a Cl could dream about from their family member is total bullshit to ignore and not put them in a hand position. This is just an added excuse. In my opinion, any Cl past, present, or future who practices this ancient law is not really doing their crew any favors. It's a turn off too many who do qualify. Could it be the ones who go right back will not settle for less? 

Report Post Tip

Who the fuck are we kidding here? Even before the CL could be punished for the hands fuck up, the same hands would be put back in place. I get the trust issue. I really do. However, if we got say Jon Doe or Jane Doe who has displayed everything a Cl could dream about from their family member is total bullshit to ignore and not put them in a hand position. This is just an added excuse. In my opinion, any Cl past, present, or future who practices this ancient law is not really doing their crew any favors. It's a turn off too many who do qualify. Could it be the ones who go right back will not settle for less? 

Unfortunately that is not the case. As you can see from one of my ancestors here:

Mafia Returns - The Game

Before the changes were put in place I/people were much more open to it. Not so much anymore.

I would also say with crew numbers being small there is less chance to prove yourself. When they were 300 and only a RH there used to be sub crews within crews to prove yourselves in a position of leadership. Now, the only thing you can do is be good at helping people in chat. The issue there is how can a CL be absolutely sure that when the chips are down you have what it takes?

The people you know and have worked with have proven it before and are a lot less of a risk.

Report Post Tip

We all get that. But how about those players that are not new to the game, and you've encountered them left and right as being active, helpfull, really helping out etc. Are they still a no then and only previous hands/CLs make a chance to become a hand/CL again?

I never said that we should give hands positions to someone we don't know, just joined and when you have no idea if they have what it takes.

But how about that superfriendly active player, 100 days old, knows a lot, but wasn't a hand before the war? Still a no because you haven't played with before?

And might want to divert back to on-topic: Change it back to the 8/11 days requirement, or change the tutorial to match the current situation.

Report Post Tip

That was a smashing hit.  Mafia Returns - The Game

Report Post Tip

lol at you picking a 5 day old RHM though. 

(I love Heston, but this did make me laugh) 

Report Post Tip

Maxine just heard you and indeed LOL!! Nothing like a good old dollop of hypocrisy. I should image there must be some 'special' circumstances to explain this obvious breach of their own suggested rules though, surely? Maybe there are exceptions that need to be added? Something like except if you really like the person then it doesn't count? Perhaps a few more exceptions too just for good measure? Lmfao!

Report Post Tip

I mean its not really hypocrisy, their suggestion is to change the wording or how things are done. If anything they're doing what everyone else does. It tickled my funny bone a bit, but not enough to want to attack Silverlight 

Report Post Tip

Agreed - cake and eat it though it has to be one or the other...Hyprocrosy: the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case

So change the case ie current situation as it is or don't do it. Lol I have no beef here either I just think it is hilarious! I better get back to the HQ and give you a foot rub or something for over talking you now!

Starts warming up hands in prep

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Hands and their character ages
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL