Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 09:17:39
Page:  1 
One day'er becoming a hand Started by: SmokyTheBear on Jan 29, '22 17:59
A consistent cycle of events I have noticed after wars is the fact that those who have fallen that were of a higher position, tend to become hands right out the gate. It's concerning to me as I've seen it happen over and over.

If we go along the premise of new character, new background. Then how does a crew leader have the equated trust with this new blood that one would have with a long time partner in crime? I'll tell you. Cause the game is rigged. So that those formally in power will once again be positioned in power once their cronies are killed in the next takedown. (since there's no such thing as a war in most cases) Maybe this should be in game suggestions, maybe I'm whining. But there needs to be a change to the amount of time someone can be elevated to being a hand or much less a crew leader. This cycle is ridiculous and will cause the game to lose players as it persists.
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Maybe it is in suggestions already?

Mafia Returns - The Game

Report Post Tip

lol at rigged. The mechanics and code of the game have nothing to do with who is CL or Hand. Its the user base who decides. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
This cycle is ridiculous and will cause the game to lose players as it persists.

This cycle has made players leave the game, some come back, some don't.  I have spoken with people that said they were gone for years due to this and when they came back it was the same, so they were leaving again.

Its the user base who decides. 

This is partially correct. The user base that controls the gameplay (fashioned in example of a mafia council, but not similar to one). 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Smokey I do your that upset just go rouge and kill all the cl lol jk jk jk or make your self more trustworthy if your crew leader trust you just stay with them ask them how you can support Them I’m not a cl or a hand but my crew leaders and other crew leaders such as Dave and Roxie respect me this is a game about haveing fun being friendly it’s not a power grab we’re all trying to be friends except those. Who start war they are bored or aren’t friendly Earn respect be friendly and or wait but it might not happen but just have fun laugh a little have fun respect is better then being a hand or a cl because they trust you
Report Post Tip

I have spoken with people that said they were gone for years due to this and when they came back it was the same, so they were leaving again.

Who? 

Report Post Tip

Maxine

I never stated it was coding.  I'd say the player base is just as much part of the mechanics as is the overall currency in the game that is flowed out through the various clicks and votes. As you say, it's the user base who decides. Then wouldnt they be part if not fully the game. Since it is an RP based game firstly?  The allowing of players to decide to let the same friends overflow the ranks time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time and after time after time after time after time and after time again sounds more like a swan song than a system that will garner new players and hold a uptick in membership. I've played off and on for YEARS. This continuance of a cycle will hinder the enjoyment of the game for new players or even two plus year players. When ever someone first started playing I guarantee they had aspirations to be a crew leader. Hell when I first started playing on .org it was to be a made man. Now some fuck wit with a bank roll can push aside joey bag o donuts cause his buddy is a cl in the district at the time. It's moved past being unfair. It's moved towards the cenematics are dull. The people are the same people who are dull. The same circle jerking dull and boring people making up drama to give justice to a city wipe. I'm solely here to tick off achievements, dice, and laugh at the onslaught of originality. 

MafiaTrivia1

I understand you complete bruh bruh. Ya dig dog?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

One day Cuthbert, one day, She will answer that question.

This is a topic that has come to the table a million times. I do not view you as whining. However, a hand position will not happen taking this approach for anyone. I feel what you are saying here. I touched base on this very top elsewhere a few minutes ago. I can assure you there is a very, very small percent of the population who will give one that opportunity. 

As long as we are on the topic of hands. Why is it a problem for a RH to resume as CL when their Cl is killed?  

Report Post Tip

I think people will give new blood an opportunity as a hand. This takes a long amount of time to build the trust for it to happen though. 

The unfortunate thing with that is the turnover of hands through death/auth is fairly minimal. It means any relationship you form will likely come to fruition in the next life.

Also, regardless if what we say, if your hands next account signs up then you will naturally put them back in position as they as a person earnt it before. 

Perversely new blood is more likely to be auth'd than handed in my opinion. This is because their actions can allow removal without detriment to their original crew in most instances

Report Post Tip
As further thought on this subject has arrived in my mind, I must say since this is an RP game the very act of putting someone as a hand that is new is breaking RP. Why would a crew leader in RP state set a "new guy" as his left or right hand? He would be considered incompetent in the mob and subsequently shot. Not even the children of mob bosses are given that option. So since this game emulates the mafia, especially in the 20s-30s? Why would we let the crucial structure of the mafia be watered down because jimmy two shoes wants his buddy Sammy the snake be his hand? It's just a ridiculousness at this point. I've held every position besides gf in this game. So it's not a woe is me crap on my end.
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $720,000 Tip

I think the breaking RP thing falls by the wayside when the Gods can strike down three people for one person making a mistake? (The level of mistake/misdemeanour is well set out so not going too deep into that)

Report Post Tip

Ralf_Rangnick, I know you are being truthful here by laying out the facts of how shit is handled around here. It still does not make it right. I got to say quite frankly a first time auth without the experience of being a hand could potentially be a huge downside for the city as a whole. 

Report Post Tip

*I should have said RH not a hand.*

Report Post Tip
I mean I get why the admins do such things but that is comparing oranges to bananas. I feel that should be the option of the commission to kill the crew leader for the fuck up of the hands.not the option of the admins. If someone's doxxing, scamming, harassing, etc then the party that is being hindered should go through the proper channels. An investigation should be started to see if the crew leader was aware. If not then no death penalty. Any involvement with their hands idiocy then yes the admins should intervene. I've noticed a good handful of people being admin jailed throughout time without most it being stated why they are jailed. Either a witty headline or admin accusations being the headliners. Perhaps the admins should take a step back and let the players control more of the character side?

Sigh. Just so I am clear? This is place to come and be nice and hang out and be friendly to all and anyone that doesn't do that doesn't get it? Absolutely build relationships that is what the mafia relies on and you never know when you might need to pull a favour or 2. But some kind of kindergarden hang out for all to share their sweeties and be nice to each other is pathetic, this is the mafia. This isn't a war cry a simple observation. I understand some people need this place for their main form of interaction so having friends is like the first day at school. Respect totally all the way but not always gained by being someones friend and being nice and please no wars for the bored people. 

I completely agree about the new to shores being hands. It is frustrating (I have no desire to be one it is just my opinion / observation) - it is also not in line with the way the mafia work. Yes contacts know families etc understood but a newborn given the place of left or right hand makes no sense in the context of the true mafia- by all means hold it for once / if they get made which would make more sense. As previously said seems to be a pattern that isn't going away and it makes things boring really. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Victorious-secret what was the first half trying to say? I'm a bit confused on it lol
Report Post Tip
Smokeythebear she means you neeed to make friends and be friends for long time so u can pull some favors
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: One day'er becoming a hand
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL