Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 12:31:04
Page:  1 
Your Early Accounts and Looking Back Started by: Bellicose on Feb 23, '22 17:01

Do you remember your early accounts? Do you remember the first war you partook in? Do you remember that heart stop when you read that classic message: 

Dead message

Now that you are likely more experienced than you once were. What are some memories you have of playing your first account? 

Personally, I remember how I was intimated by this guy in the HQ bar. He was always throwing stools and drinks around. He was a character with a name and several numbers after, so likely not a skilled character, but being that it was my first character, I WAS SO NERVOUS that he would be in the bar at the same time as me. Then, one sunny day, it happened. He posted right after me and was throwing a stool threw a window and I was so nervous. 

I also remember the first time I was told to shoot someone. I had a whopping 75 kill count on my gun of MIAs. My CL gave me a guy who was inactive in a war for over 2 months. I left him whisper. "I am really sorry I'm doing this. RIP" Then I went to his funeral and posted a rip message admitting to killing him. 

I remember the first time I sold a credit on the market place. I felt like Jordan Belfort. lol

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My first character was many, many moons ago. He joined a crew run by Lia_Vazzi. One of 200 schlubs working for the man. There were no credits, there were no MIAs, there were still people throwing stools through windows in HQ bars. I made a friend. One of the other crew members tried to shake down my friend. So I stepped in and said if he didn't back off we would shoot him. He complained to Lia_Vazzi, who took the 3 of us into the desert for a dirt nap. So ended my first 7 day account, dead at the loft heights of Earner

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

My first account was Otter380's first CL run. We did an insanely well planned out RP with roles of a kidnapping or something and it was brilliant. I made it all the way to made, didn't know fuck all about anything just writing my little butt off and annoying tiggy on IRC until she'd threaten to call my mother. And then with the dumb fucking name of WickedYDork I realized that was a mistake so I wrote a thread demanding auth, not even knowing what the fuck that meant. But I knew demanding anything publically would get me killed and was far more entertaining for me... at the age of 17. Jesus fucking christ. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Mafiatrivia my fore father

Raised in New York he had only lived about 120 days but he had been in arround 12 crews
Gave credits out like they were pennies ended up dieing. After being harassed by some kid named breast milk and acedently clicked. Accept on a duel after clicking no over 100 times
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I joined a man called dmndirtyapes. He had a RHM called Mr_MFer and a LHM (Who didn't get any special perks in those days) called ZombieBob.

He lived for 9 months and was a Consigliere. He was shot by BrianArao despite the fact BA was his friend. BA was always a right bloodthristy bastard. It amused him greatly at my devastation. 

Before BA brought an end to the account I was granted my own subcrew of 20 people. I made them pay me $100k a week. Nobody else really did that then. I was a pro at filling the jails and was always sorting jail parties. 

I also fell out with a street sweeper named tiggy who took great pleasure in delting posts for the most minor of infractions. It was a good school to grow up in. 

I had no gun and it was not until mving under Toaly was I taught about the three window method and off I went from there under some of the best. 

I loved that version of .org. The rawness, anger and fights we had. It was a very different place to this. 

Report Post Tip

I joined a fledgling crew in Detroit led by AdmiralAckbar with no idea of what to expect. As the crew grew, so did I. In time I discovered I had a love for the RP aspect more than the rest. Built my first business, a dingy little speakeasy underneath a laundromat. Met some great writers who inspired and taught me much. My CL motivated me to find my own niche and I earned my button soon enough. Woke up one day to find that Disorder had wiped the city clean. 

I was aghast and in my naivety proceeded to hound the poor sod for answers, even made a long winded Marc Antony-esque speech in the streets. To his credit he offered me a reasonable explanation, but I was too emotionally invested in half-finished storylines to accept it. 

In time I grew to accept the reality of deaths and saw them as a challenge to incorporate. Went on to have a rather lengthy run some time later, writing to my heart's content before growing bored and finally dying over something laughably stupid. Came to realize the importance of character evolution and overarching story goals. But most importantly, I realized that most stories are good not just because they are well written or intersect with others' own stories often, but because they are finite and therefore retain attention.

Report Post Tip
My first few accounts where the best. The game was far more enjoyable and far less fucking dramatic. Made some long term friendships from those days.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Your Early Accounts and Looking Back
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL