Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 11:21:40
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Padding your rp points. Started by: Terrah on Mar 06, '22 15:09

So there is thing with the rp points I discovered with one of my accounts last year. I thought it was odd that my rp points were so much higher than everyone else's.  So I looked at it and tried to figure how my rp points were so much higher. 

I  developed a hypothesis that it was giving me points from my old rp posts that I posted in as that new character.  So I wrote in to ask a staff member  to see if this was the case and if it was supposed to count the points this way.

The staff person informed that no my old posts should not be giving me rp points. I tried to explain that they had given me points on that  current character.  I was again reassured that this could not happen.

But it is what happened . And I see it again currently with the top poster who has  outrageous rp point for their age and posting they have done. 

So I have seen this twice now with myself and another person. 

First is it legit points for the current account? 

Second is this not allowed like the staff person informed? 

Third it is not exactly fair to people who have put in legit work on their current rp  accounts for someone to come along and post one time in an old rp post of theirs and then skyrocket in points? 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
I don’t think you fully understand how the VIP point system works…
Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip
Just my hypothesis =)
Report Post Tip

You do realize you have like over 40 posts on this character, right? That's like a crazy amount, which is a good thing. It's not surprising that you are a top VIP poster with so many posts. 

Report Post Tip

The points listed are the district as whole, not the user. 

The points are for the entire district of Manhattan, with the top contributor to that total being TommyVercetti. 

#1 Manhattan, NY 632 
Top Poster: TommyVercetti

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

It's quite simple. You get VIP points based on a range of things. As Jen already pointed out above, the number that is displayed next to the top poster in that district is the overall VIP of the entire district. 

Some people get a lot more VIP per post than others based on how long the post is and a few other factors like views. Everyone is scored equally though from the get without a boost from past lives. The skyrocket effect you are seeing is more than likely due to their average post being scored higher and counting for more VIP points each time they post. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $290,000 Tip

I am aware how you get points.

I am also aware of the conversation I had with Jen last year when I saw my rp points were outrageous for the amount of writing I did. When we had this conversation she told me no one should  be getting points from our past characters works. 

I am  trying to point out that, that is what happening.  

But people hate me because  I am so outspoken so no one will look into this. 

Report Post Tip

I may be miscalculating so lets look at this

See The top poster Tommy has 34 posts. But when you go look at his activity. He has posted in a Bd and in outside forums.

Do outside forum give you rp points? I did not think they do or are supposed to because outside forum is not rp.

Then his BD posts one in one of his old rp threads on a dead character. It was when he posted in this one that his points skyrocketed.  With only post in it.

Then he has 1 other post in the BD. 

So it says he has 34 posts but when you look at his posting he 2 posts in how's your weather -outside does this get rp points

What are you doing right this minute- 1 post  outside  does this get rp points?

What did play vidoes games as kid  - 1 post - outside  does this get rp points?

TMs Subs 1 post - bd this post does get rp points I know for sure.

Legendary reliable airlines- 1 post which does get the points

added up this not 34 posts. it is 6 posts 

So where does the extra posts come from and the outrageous points? 

Report Post Tip

Terrah, the overwhelming bulk of their posts are in business districts.  You only see the ones in the business district you are in.  You are unable to see the other districts, which is why I think you are miscounting.

I'm also fairly certain you must still think the number next to his name is for his VIP points only. Even after Jen has told you that, that number represents everyone in Manhattan. It's not his number you are seeing 'skyrocket,' it's every post from people within the district being added on and making you assume he has been given an unfair advantage.

After two different people from the administration have weighed in on this and assured you that you are wrong, I don't see how you have a leg to stand on to still say otherwise. 

Just because you feel something doesn't make it true. People did look into this in fact two separate people from the staff have replied here. You just don't want to accept that your assumptions were wrong. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $290,000 Tip

Imagine how much fun you would have on this game if you stopped complaining and acting like a victim. Tbh people probably wouldn't care who you are if you stopped doing this shit. Must suck having the world against you. 

I was just giving you an out to play the ignorant card before you started accusing others of cheating. But meh, you know best. 

Thank you to those who took the time to answer my question I appreciate your time and input.

Aduros Unless I outright say so and so is cheating I am not accusing anyone of anything.  I was seeking an explanation that made sense to me. 

Report Post Tip

Eragon Imagine how much more fun my game would be if people quit assuming what my intentions are, and interpreting what I say only according to their closed minded thinking. 

Report Post Tip
I for one applaud,like, and support Terrah.

Let her run a crew, I say
Report Post Tip

Yeah you guys. Stop being mean to people. 

Clearly she was lied to about how it works because people don't like her. There is no other possible way of looking at this. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

Dr_KennethNoisewater  I already said I may have had it wrong and I thanked people for their input.

So why do you have to be  instigative? Does it make you feel better about yourself? 

Report Post Tip

Why don't you thank the people that told you the correct information the first time that you chose to ignore. 

Or apologize to the people that you claim lied to you because they don't like you. 

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $150,000 Tip

Thank you to those who took the time to answer my question I appreciate your time and input.

Aduros Unless I outright say so and so is cheating I am not accusing anyone of anything.  I was seeking an explanation that made sense to me. 

I did. you must have missed it Dr_KennethNoisewater

What is your issue with me? You climb down my throat every chance you get. 

And I am sorry if me acknowledging that I know not every one likes me  rubs you the wrong way.    You see the people  who don't like me  are very apparent with their energy of dislike, because they can't answer my questions with out saying something being outright be antagonistic. 

Dr_KennethNoisewater  I already said I may have had it wrong and I thanked people for their input.

So why do you have to be  instigative? Does it make you feel better about yourself? 

Report Post Tip

You really do keep missing the point. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $115,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Padding your rp points.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL