Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 02:01:48
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Las Vegas nobody does know! Started by: postman on Aug 15, '11 21:08

So today my father make a mistake! His mistake? He listens to Las Vegas family members in the cafe.

My father is wiseguy for many days and I asked to be mademan, LasVegas did say to become a mademan you need to show loyalty. I would do anything for my family I trust them.

So when I am told to goto Newyork and kill Godfather I ask why? The answer is because LasVegas think they have lost the honor. I did not ask the question I do as I am told, my reward is 40 credits when I come back and LHM job.

I shoot the Godfather, and die. When I come back I speak to the coffee shop and they says NO! and laugh you did not kill him so it is not count.!!!

There is no honor in this. They make fun of my bad english and new player.

I will leave this world. It is full of bad people.

Au Revoir.

reverand_Ds funeral
where whiskey makes fun of your father

Report Post Tip

That is actually quite funny.

Nice story.

Cruel waves the young man off

Report Post Tip

I know this guy. He's French and struggles with English. He gets his balls broken for it relentlessly in any crew I've ever been in with him. But he's a good guy, just hard to understand sometimes in text. Probably fares far better than most on here would in a French text game.

I wouldn't know if the folks in the crew he was just killed off from fucked with him about his English or not, but I've seen it happen plenty on here. Pretty lame.

Report Post Tip

He was killed off for shooting at Prem. That's why he was killed off. He even admitted it in his post. Go read his funeral. It had nothing to do with his ability to speak English and everything to do with breaking family trust, rules, and acting in a manner that is unacceptable. Instead of moving on with things he chose to come up with a ridiculous lie.

Report Post Tip

I've worked with him also in the past, and echo the sentiments of SexyBeast in regard to how he's been treated.

I don't know what happened to him in LV, nor is it any of my business. Quite frankly, I don't care.

It's a shame to see him go, as I've always enjoyed him. One of the truly nice people I've had the pleasure of working with here.

Report Post Tip

Yeah I know he wasn't killed for his English. I didnt claim he was. Regardless I've still witnessed the guy get fucked with and name-called about his English and think it's lame

Report Post Tip

Me looks at the story, looks at the funeral and pieces together a story.

Reverand_D was given auth to pro whack in the recent conflict with LA.  When he gets frustrated with the fact he is not progressing he decides to go out and damage LV in any way possible as he thinks will get made quicker somewhere else and why not give a kick in the nuts to the city that had sheltered, protected and brought him up.

So how do we get out of a crew, do we simply ask to leave.. no good that will not damage LV's reputation, how about we abuse the trust given instead and use the auth i still have to cause damage and hope someone gets killed out of it or at least damage the city if a compensation deal would be agreed(an idea he probably never had).  Wonders if he is getting warm now.

After seeing he has died and -Premeir and Las Vegas are alive, he tries to fuel the fire further with a thread, and see's people have seen through him and the shame he has brought on himself and the city.  He then suicides to hide in another family possibly as realises he has made an ass of himself.

Made Man you see is an honour and comes with the strictest trust and the worse part, after your recent loyalty to the city protecting those above you those books may have been opened; guess we are lucky they weren't.

Sad to see these threads more and more littering ooc or the streets which have tried linking players to underground groups, or going rogue to assist marston.   Very sad indeed to see baseless allegations.

Report Post Tip

I would like to make it clear, that his English was not made fun of.  Just like his other stories of "being a new player" and "took orders from LV to shoot Premier", it is simply a story, perhaps revenge for holding him back on his promotion.  Nonetheless, this event has shown that it was a wise decision in doing so.

Report Post Tip

If I may Speak on this briefly...I think that this is actually a good thing for LV in a sense b/c now they dont have to waste any time they now know what type of person they had in their organization.. I say that to say who knows what this guy could have stirred up if he would have actually got made.  I have tons of respect for LV so i must say congrats for finding a snake in the grass...

Report Post Tip

The people of Las Vegas may not have made fun of him and this story may in fact be complete bullshit. However, I was sat in the #divinelunacy coffeeshop on IRC and when this thread went up you did make fun of him Canucklehead.

[22:09] <~MafiaReturns> OOC: Las Vegas nobody does know!
02[22:09] * Gin (~superx@Jaundies-D90B0FF6.hsd1.fl.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[22:09] <~MafiaReturns> OBIT: PlayBoy21 (Goomba) - None
03[22:09] * Barney (Mibbit@Jaundies-D01A2658.know.cable.virginmedia.com) has joined #divinelunacy
[22:09] <Lorrie> omg
[22:10] <%tita> lolz
[22:10] <@tiggy> My brain hurts after reading that

No matter what spin you try to put on it, I think you were taking the piss out of his grammar. You could say that you were commenting on what was actually being said rather than the poor grammar but saying "My brain hurts after reading that" to me means you were incensed at the poor grammatical structure of it (I have asked around and I am not alone in thinking this way). Now... you may or may not have known that this guy is using English as a second language at the time, but as you've been around for almost as long as me and the fact that you are part of the admin team, you know that you should check before saying things like that.

I do believe that the person in question was in the room at the time and if I was that person, I would want an apology from you, whichever way you meant to express your opinion.

Report Post Tip

Kriminal, I never meant to imply that he was made fun of in your crew for his English, and to your point he's not a new player and knows that a WG isn't supposed to shoot at a GF from another city. I was speaking on times I was in a crew with the guy in the past and what I saw firsthand. Last time was about a year ago I think. I don't know you, so pardon me if I came off as finger-pointing in you or your crew's direction.

He made a mention of a time he was called a tard in a recent discussion (I forget which forum or thread) and I remembered it bummed him out because I was in the crew with him at the time. Saw it brought up again in this post and figured I'd chime in, much like I always have whenever everybody piles on a street speech that has typos or grammatical errors. I'm not saying it's some heinous crime that his English is ridiculed, I'm not suggesting anybody owes the guy an apology or should ever get in trouble for doing it. There's a lot of ultra-sensitivity on this game and I don't want to feed that fire. I'm just saying it's lame

Report Post Tip

I've saw the same things you speak of SexyBeast. On the last occasion I took the lad aside and congratulated him on his efforts. He does far better in English than I could in French, so for that I appluad him.

And to the overall discussion - I dont think anyone believes this person was wrongly killed, clearly he knew better than to shoot at the person he did. Any attempt to claim otherwise is pathetic.

Report Post Tip

Is anyone else thinking why would you allow a person to keep Perm auth when it is blatantly clear you don't trust him?

Report Post Tip

As I am the leader that reverand_D was sponsored by I will say my piece as I take blame for getting played like a fool of sorts and my trust abused, thus leading to the incidents mentioned in this OOC thread.

Reverand_D was given perm auth during the war in which he fought well, both killing bodyguards and pro wacking mafioso on both sides (Vs La and N.O). During his stay with our family he had done nothing to lead one to assume he was into this type of behavior (which from seeing this man had old friends all around the nation from his funeral from previous accounts it leads me to believe he once knew what he was doing and one played properly AND from seeing logs this kid plans to go rogue next time.. so do your best to keep him out your crew)

This man had high earnings and was very active within the family, leading to him to the final stages of the Made Man promotion process to which include perm auth for gun training etc once the Made Man rank is achieved (as this is how the game is coded.. if we want them to train on gangster etc when they have ranked). A little bit more info, he had over 30 units and had been being held back since he joined our family from EvilClown's upon his death to which is normal practice as like every other city, we attempt to do our best to only promote decent, hard working loyal mobsters, but in a system to which has a few cracks and ways to exploit the system.

This man spit in our faces at the end, using his perm auth from the war and his impending promotion to cause nothing but drama and paranoia across the streets in an attempt to see a lot of innocent people die. Tactics like this have worked before, and I am glad we have leadership across our country that recognizes the business sense over the kid tactics and we were able to fix the situation as move on about business, rebuilding our torn cities.

His english, old names, new names, county, age, race, sex, hair color, education had nothing to do with it, as far as how I treated him as a member in my family and what lead to his death and the drama of yesterday.

This man made up lies about why he did it, blaming the attack on people he never even spoke to - with promises of a credit amount not worth risking our city and our way of life (I think we could all agree 40 credits is not enough to hire a wise guy to try to kill a Godfather..and anyone who thinks otherwise is just not with it).

reverand_D we fought next to eachother during the war, for multiple hours and then you went and did this.. more of a slap in the face to me than anything and for that you make me think the world is filled with bad people like you said Las Vegas is.. when I only tried to help you kid.

Jimmy shakes his head..knowing only a few people actually know the details but he had tried to clear up a few points..hoping to not kill the discussion, but to clarify from a first person knowledge what happened and to make sure nothing gets out of hand

Report Post Tip

Hades, I think it IS in fact a case of poor timing on tiggy's part in that log.  Is there a small chance that she was referring to the lack of English fluidity in postman's post?  Absolutely.  Is there a small chance I can win Metro Fantasy Soccer?  You better believe it.  The problem is the logs weren't fully taken in context, and that does pose a problem.  You see what that small sample size does NOT show is annoyance extraordinaire, RichardKuklinski, posting yet another thread 8 minutes prior.  I guarantee people have said almost identical things in #divinelunacy when his threads go up as tiggy did when postman's thread popped up.

The intent of that comment may never be fully understood.  It COULD have been anger at the lack of English fluency, it COULD be her getting tired of the subject, it COULD have been directed at Kuklinski.  The only thing we know for sure is the timing was unfortunate, and if we're apologizing for bad timing then we all better start now to finish by 2018.

What I do know is that guy was a dick for abusing the trust of his family and for shooting at my dear Premeir.  A big, huge dick.  Hopefully that doesn't get lost in translation.

Report Post Tip

Indeed, it could have been Roman. Hence why I wrote "I think" before starting what I said and added "to me it seems like". It could all have been totally innocent, thats why I asked a couple of other people's opinions on the matter and granted, I didn't ask the whole site so other people may have a different interpretation of it. It could all simply be down to poor timing, but looking at it from the original poster's point of view, if I was the guy I would have assumed it was aimed at me.

If I had said that in the coffeeshop and didn't mean it in the way that I have interpreted it I would apologise to the guy, even if it was as simple as "If you took offence to what I said, I apologise, I didn't mean to aim it at the grammar of your thread, I was simply frustrated because Kuklinski had posted yet another thread just minutes previously".

What tiggy said may have been completely innocent, which is why I haven't made an official complaint about it or told the guy who made this thread to make a complaint, she needs a chance to defend herself, as we all do.

Report Post Tip

You making an 'official complaint' about it or suggesting he make one would be equally lame

Report Post Tip

And over-use of the word lame... is pretty lame. :)

Report Post Tip

Needless to say...you're a dick if you make fun of someone struggling to learn a new language while they're still trying to better it (there's a difference between cracking jokes with them and cracking jokes about them). A f u c k i n g dick. Not saying anyone in here did or didn't.

You can't fully confirm whether his English was made fun of or not. Only way would be seeing every mail he was ever sent and every response to him in IRC (if he ever joined). Irrelevant but fact. It honestly could have pushed him to a breaking point...who the fuck knows other than him?

Regardless, he obviously had something against Vegas and acted like a complete fool. Whether it be his idle position or the language barrier. There was no excuse for his actions other than trying to damage LV reputation. Pretty sure everyone can agree with that.

Report Post Tip

I agree with just about everything that was said by Roman except his defense of one certain person who i have witnessed time and time again bash men/women and even a 12 year old boy who was on the bad end of one of their bad moods.  All in DL of course!  One apple doesnt spoil the bunch in this case as the majority of everyone treats eachother with respect for the most part despite age/cultural/language barriers all around us. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Las Vegas nobody does know!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL