Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 18:31:16
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Pettiest Reason You Quit A Job/Shortest Time You Lasted Started by: Aislin on Mar 18, '22 15:46

Well this job was recent. I won’t give the name, because I signed a NDA 🤣 but, I lasted long enough to make 75.00 🤣 which was 1hr 10 mins. 

I did not like the color of my office 🤣 also, it had a smell 🤣 smelt like straight moth balls in the entire building and everybody was acting like it was something wrong with my nose. I was like, NO it smells old and here is my notice 🤣 not about to have me working under these conditions. Lol.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I was young and in school.   My first job other than babysitting.  A carhop at a local root beer stand.  It was the 4th of July and there was absolutely no business.  I worked with about 4 other girls that night and we were all bored stiff and the owner would not let any of us leave. So myself and 2 others thought , oh well, and we left anyway and went to watch the fireworks.  Of course we were fired.  My Dad was furious, and had just gotten me a car that I was paying him back for. Well, he sold the car, needless to say.  Lesson learned....  Lol

Wow, I've never gone out in a blaze of glory like that, but I did have one job where I lasted only one day. I was hired to work as a server at a restaurant, and after one day I got a call from a much better restaurant and ended up taking that job and calling the other one to tell them I wouldn't be back.  Not very exciting.  Another job I lasted a week, and that was because I couldn't get my ass up out of bed to be there by 6:00 a.m.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I worked at a *ahem* fruit stand selling electronics and I quit because my mom let some personal information slip that the manager used against me at every turn.  It was pretty sad but I also quit right before they released a new version of the newest device and it messed up the store, so win wins I guess? 

I took a swing at someone at work for throwing cardboard tubes at me, when i was dealing Nitric and Hydroflouric acids, when working at a TV recycling plant.   So the risk of cutting yourself on the screens etc, metal innards etc was quite big.    I of course was sacked, but was happy with it to be gone from there.  LG sucked to work at

I worked at a store as the store manager for 8 weeks.  I old store manager selected my two assistant mangers but refused to take them with him.  He told me he would take them if they worked for free.  So I ask why screw the knew guy and his answer was so they would quit.  They moved him to a new store and stuck me with his trash.  They told me I got three months to get the store to standard as I did the DM started sending me things I didnt need, or ordered to clean her other stores.  So two weeks left of my 90 days customers like that the store was stocked .  The DM was there and she said to my customers that he still has some work to do the stock room needed to be cleaned.  Now mind you we never talked about the profits and Loss statements or top 10 items that should be moving.   She set up a walk of my store.  When she arrived I smiled she walked in to do the walk and I told her give me five minutes and walked to my car and drove home keys on the desk.  She called me and I told her I quit.  She ask who is the closer I said call one of those two assistant managers that I wanted fired that can't open or close.  

I enjoyed one of my earliest jobs a lot, I was doing something I love and had a good background on. However there was a change in management and the new boss was an absolute prick and was just abrasive all around. Ended up quitting not more than 6 months after he got there, no new job waiting for me or anything. Just couldn't stand it anymore.

I've never actually quit a job. I'm a responsible human and I feel like a job is a contract where money changes hands, like consideration almost. 

I was landscaping (not knowing anything) for about 5 months. My boss was an absolute asshole and nothing I did would ever be good enough for him. I was laying like 8 yards of mulch down that day, sweating my ass off on the verge of a heat stroke and he says to me “if you don’t pick up the pace, I’m going to take your paycheck since I’m doing the work for you”. I acknowledged what he said to me and apologized that I wasn’t going fast enough. After I got home I instantly swore to myself that I wasn’t going to go back. We had a 4 man crew and after that day they were a 3 man crew for about a month because nobody wanted to work for him because he was notorious for being a dickhead.
I got sacked from McDonald's for a series of no-shows. I also got sacked from a bar job - it was alleged that I had been taking cocaine on duty, but there was no evidence left to support that.

Eventually, I realised that my antagonistic personality wasn't best suited to hospitality, despite the abundance of waitresses, and moved into a series of wellpaid middle and upper management jobs.

I worked at a friend's dad's print shop in my teens, because he was a bit overrun with an order. I spent my time there punching cardboard CDs out of printed cardboard sheets for the CD spools (if people still remember them). The workshop was way too hot, dark and my thumbs hurt SO MUCH...stupid holes in the middle. I did one day and never offered to return. Only good thing was its proximity to great lunch options.

When I got out of college I took a temp job while looking for one in my field since we were all told it would be hard for us to find one in the industry.  After a few months of working the weekend Graveyard shift and picking up every other shift that people wanted off.  I gave them a 6 week notice that I needed the weekend off as my good friend was going out of the country on a job and we were throwing a party for him.  2 weeks later they came back to me and said no one wants to cover you shift so you are going to have to work.  So I said to them since you think so little of everything I have been doing, I am going to give you my 2 week notice.   

I worked on the line in IBM. I was a dreadful employee. Some poor fucker somewhere most likely got a wrong cable in their box cos of me. I hated that job, and chucked it after 6 weeks. The reason I hated it? The hours. It was an early/back shift, so I’d do 14:00-22:00 one week, then the next week I’d do 06:00-14:00, and I just couldn’t deal with the change in sleep patterns. So I quit. Great money though, to be fair.

I worked at Apple and the launch of the iPhone 2 was coming up and after working there for Black Friday and Christmas I was not going to put up with that level of absolute bullshit. 

Report Post Tip

i was 19 at the time and my mates were going to a hot new club. i had to work so i just went clubbing and didn't show for my shift or ever again. 

Report Post Tip

I quit steak n shake because they transfered me from a store full of hot  girls to a ghetto ass ratchet store in a busier market. Money was good but the candy was not.

I got accused of throwing a dr pepper into the air. I was told to take a mop and clean that shit up. I left, mad as fuck I'd be talked to like that after years or loyalty and busting my ass.

Hindsight, should have talked it out. I was 18 years old and a hothead, but I got 80 hours a week there. Fantastic overtime pay.
Report Post Tip
I quick a job after 1 month, I just didn’t fit in the culture of the company

Looking back I only took the job as I was out of work for 3 months and had just purchased my first house

Lucky for my I left to join the company I am at now, been there for 8 years
Report Post Tip
I once worked in the worst factory you could imagine for a week and quit and I hated it that much I didn’t even bother going to get my pay check lol
Report Post Tip
I got hired in to a manufacturing facility through a temp agency. My first day I went out to go to work and my truck wouldn't start... Only transportation I had. So I called the temp agency and explained my situation and they were really nice and said I could start the next day.

Well the next came and I went in and they were having electrical problems... Kept losing power. Well I waited around for half the shift just standing there and decided it wasn't for me and left on lunch. Never went back.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Pettiest Reason You Quit A Job/Shortest Time You Lasted
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL