Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:33:37
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
My greatest honor, New Orleans bound Started by: Kimble on Aug 19, '11 17:25

No bodyguards followed Kimble this night.  He had no reason to fear these streets.  Chicago had always treated him well and he had tried to return all the favors given to him.  He had walked every street in the city in the last 8 months that he had worked for Godfather Roman.  Chicago is truly home.  As he walked away from the meeting with the Godfather to took his time working out his thoughts.  Roman had just asked him if he would takeover criminal operations in New Orleans.  The honor was immense and the decision was obvious to ambitious men.  He never really considered himself overly ambitious at least in the way of power.  He worked as hard as he could for the city that he loved but that was not for his own glory.  It meant that he would be writing his own history instead in the shadow of such a legendary figure.  Even though it meant huge amounts of responsibility, Kimble was up for the task.  He had had the best professor in the business.  He had good people going with him too.  More than anyone could have hoped for.  They were going to make a good go of this great opportunity. 

As he walked down Wacker Drive he found his destination.  The little hole in the wall bar was used many times by mobsters as a hangout and a place to talk business in peace.  Kimble opened the door and made his way to the back.  A crowd of Mafioso were eating and drinking as they exchanged money, gossip, threats, and loyalty.  He stood at the podium and looked over the procession of mobsters.  He took a deep breath.

Today is truly is the pinnacle of my long career here.  Godfather Roman has offered me the chance that comes very few times for a person.  He offered me the opportunity to stand alongside himself, Godfather –Premeir, and Godfather Alabama.  This is something that I cannot pass up.  It is with a heavy heart that I leave Chicago destined for New Orleans to run as my very own.  Since the day I took up employment in Chicago I had been treated with nothing but respect.  I have learned much from Roman and I hope to put my knowledge to work.  There is no way I can ever repay this honor to you Godfather.  I owe you so much.  I owe Chicago so much.  These have been the best of times my bloodlines has spent in this business and I cannot thank you all enough.  You will always have friends in New Orleans. 

Today my and SalvatoreMaranzano’s families will be transferring to our new home.  In his own time in Chicago Salvatore has proven himself a Leader of much skill, and I will need all the help I can get.  For me to make grand promises to you all here today would be foolish of me.  We are going to take this rebuilding one-day at a time and strive to be a little more excellent every day.  There is one glowing red mark on my resume as a leader though.  I have been what you could call a “mute”.  I have not given the streets the proper respect they deserve.  I am willing to admit my past shortcomings.  This red mark will be worked on and improved as long as I represent New Orleans. 

Even though we move today I will not be assuming the position of Godfather right away.  There are a few loose ends that I need to take care of before I am able to claim the title.  Even so, SalavatoreMaranzao will be taking up the title of Underboss in New Orleans.  He is a vital part of our structure and I trust my life in his ever-capable hands.  

I thank you all for taking the time to listen to me.  I hope to have New Orleans running up to its full potential in no time.  I have the greatest friends in the world.

After finishing his speech Kimble pats his trusty podium and descends from the stage into the throng of mobsters.  He sits down at a table and starts to pound some celebratory drinks with friends. 

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Kimble from your early years in New York under TheDean to your current time in chicago you have always served the cities well. I look forward to visiting New Orleans and seeing what you do to it

Report Post Tip

Whiskey takes a seat at Kimble's table and pours a drink for them both

My friend, I've waited such a long time to see this happen that I'm nearly at a loss for words. You worked so closely with some of my ancestors and have become one of my closest friends. I have waited for the day when I could see you take the reins of your own city and do it proud.

New Orleans is a great city and I am excited to see what you and SalvatoreMaranzano can do there. If it is any indication of how well you do business then you're going to be amazing. The one day I still look forward to is greeting you as Godfather Kimble. Congratulations my dear friend, this is well earned and I could not be happier for you!

Finishing his drink and filling it back to the top he raises his glass

To Kimble!

Report Post Tip

Monet is sitting at a table by himself, nursing a large glass of beer after a hard day.  His eyes swell with tears and he hears the news that Kimble was moving to New Orleans.  Kimble had always believed in his bloodline and had never given up on him, even when he was down. He had given his grandmother a shot in his family and he couldn't more grateful to him for that. 

He pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his eyes and blew his nose. Monet was saddened to see his old friend leave Chicago but was incredibly excited and happy for him. 

Kimble, mon cheri, I am so, so proud of you. I've worked with you the entire time my bloodline has been apart of Chicago and I hope that friendship won't leave now that you're part of New Orleans.  I am truly grateful for all that you have done for me and I know you and Salvatore and Aizlynn will be wonderful leaders and makes the Dirty South prosper. 

I look forward to see you all in New Orelans. 

Monet raises his beer glass in cheers to Kimble!

Report Post Tip

Sal watched as his Boss addressed the crowd, nodding along with a warm smile on his face. A tear crept out of his eye, quickly wiping it away Sal looked around and hoped no one had noticed

"All I've ever known is Chicago, from the first day I stepped onto these shores Chicago has been my home. It is with a heavy heart that I have to leave this great city today. Godfather Roman has been a great friend and Boss to me, and I am sure we will continue the relationship."

"It is with great honour that I accept the position of Underboss in New Orleans, I began my criminal lifestyle under Kimble and it seemed only right that I should stick by his side after everything he has done for me. I look forward to seeing what life brings to us here in New Orleans, it has been one of the great cities for as long as I can remember, I only hope we can do it justice"

Another tear crept out of Sal's eye, instead this time, he didn't wipe it away

"I must thank everything Chicago has done for me, everything it has given me, including the opportunities it presented me. My greatest gratitude goes to everyone that is apart of Chicago, they are a great group of people."

Sal steps down and joins Kimble with the drinks

Report Post Tip

Aizlynn had been sitting at a table with Salvatore as Kimble had been giving his speech. She listened intently and clapped along with the others as he finished. She listened to others giving their congratulations as she sipped her champagne, then it was Sal's turn. She could see the tears in his eyes and her heart almost broke. She knew that he was incredibly excited and honored to be Kimble's underboss. When he finished his congratulations, Aizlynn stood up and hugged him tightly, smiling.

There, there Sal, I know it's sad to be leaving the place we call home.. but exciting times lie ahead for us and I look forward to continuing our adventure together. Congratulations on Underboss dearest, you've truly earned it.

Kimble, I don't know where to start.. We met six months or so ago and if it wasn't for you taking me in I'd be six feet under right now.. Not only did you take me in when I needed a home but you showed me nothing but respect and gave me every opportunity to show not only Chicago but myself what I was capable of. From day one, without even a second thought you had faith in me and encouraged me in every endeavor, you stuck by my side and lifted me up when I was down... I always knew you were destined for greatness and it's my honor to work for you once again in the great city of New Orleans. Thank you Kimble, for everything!

And to those I will sadly be leaving behind in Chicago, thank you for all the love and support you've shown me over the past several months. I will not forget it.. and this is certainly not a goodbye.. more like a see you soon. New Orleans is only a short flight away, don't be strangers! I love you all!

She raised her glass, a huge grin on her face.

To new beginnings!

Report Post Tip

Kimble, my boss and my friend, its my great honor to accompany you on this new journey.  During your time in the Windy City, you took me and showed me how things where supposed to be done. I owe so very much to you, and I'm eternally thankful for everything youve done. I look forward to our adventures in the big easy!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations my friend. I myself learned a lot from you and i am sure that New Orleans will prosper under your ladership.
Good luck in your new ventures.

Report Post Tip

Simplicity shoved through over to the table that Kimble sat at. Smiling at her old friend she then pulled him up and out of his chair to make him stand once again. Giving him a giagantic huge and a kiss on both cheeks, Simplicity wiped away the few tears that had came up. He was her first family and always had a place in her heart. Kimble was a great friend and like a brother to her. After he took her in and gave her the protection she needed, Simplicity was allowed to blossom like a beautiful flower. To him she owed her thanks and everything.

Clearing her throat as it felt like she had a small frog caught in it she looked him in the eyes.

"Now don't go and get yourself killed, yah hear? I can't be losing you! You are a great leader and an even greater friend. You'll do great in New Orleans. Take care of Salvatore for me. I know Aizlynn does a good job at it, but sometimes it takes a man's backhand to straighten that fella out."

Looking at Salvatore she could feel a few more tears starting to poke up, but she blinked them away.

"I'll miss you both dearly and I wish you both the best of luck. Make sure you're keeping in touch or I'll get Mrs.Doubtfire to come smack you around for me! Got it!"

Shaking it off, Simplicity then moved over to the bar to get a couple glasses of wine that she started chugging down.

Report Post Tip

Favara moves slowly through the sea of drunken and disorderly mobsters celebrating the new fantastic opportunity presented to the future Godfather Kimble by Godfather Roman.

The young Sicilian mafiosi finally approaches Kimble where he is downing drink after drink with his numerous bodyguards and hangers on. He offers his hand to this prestigious member of "Our Thing".

Congratulations Kimble! Although we have never talked I have heard many stories of your own personal commitment and determination given so that our glorious empire could survive, and flourish.

I know that this is a very important moment in your life, and that of New Orleans. So I wish you the very best in your future endeavours to make The Big Easy a beacon of light for crime that is once was.

Favara grabs a drink and raises it in the air toward Kimble..

"Salut, and the best of luck!"

Report Post Tip

Draven can't help but get excited about the move. She knew that Don Kimble would do amazing things for the city that lay vacant, and rotting. Stepping forward she smiles as she speaks.

Congrats Don Kimble! I have the pleasure of being one of the lucky ones to be moving with you on this adventure, and I am truly pleased to be along for the journey. She looks up a bit and then realized she left her favorite pair of heels.

Damn I always lose something in a move. I guess I'm glad it's not my mind.

She shakes her head a moment then realizes she had just spoken her thoughts outloud and shrugs.

Congrats again!

Report Post Tip

Congratualations Kimble,This is a big step but for someone like you it will look easy.You have worked very hard for what you have best wishes my friend!

Report Post Tip

My father spoke very highly about you Detective Kimble. I look forward to watching you in your new city as you are one of the most deserving of this occasion.

Sam hands Kimble a box of his special blend cuban cigars.

A small gift from a friend, but do enjoy. Godspeed! Your gonna do great!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Kimble.  It's always healthy to see empty cities filled again.

I forward to working closely with you and Salvatore.

Report Post Tip

Kimble, you have worked immensely hard for the city of Chicago and this news comes as no surprise to me. A large part of what Chicago is now is made up from the persons formerly of your crew. It is great to see someone who has shown such loyalty and dedication be given the chance to rule a city of his own. I always knew you would get there and i am delighted the time has finally come for you to show everyone exactly what you can do. I don't need to wish you luck because i know you will do an amazing job with New Orleans. I eagerly await to see your new city prosper and grow, which it undoubtedly will. Well done old friend.

Report Post Tip

Kimble...oh Kimble...where to even begin. Our bloodlines have known each other for longer than I can remember. They've been brothers in arms, enemies, family. Each time it has been an honor. You are by far one of my closest friends in this life, and I owe you much. I hope that I can give back to you, what you've given to me.

It will be an honor to serve you in New Orleans, for as long as my heart beats. Congratulations my friend, my brother.

Report Post Tip

Seamus sat at a small table and listened to Kimble. He had intended to rush up and congratulate, but soon saw the vast numbers of people who also wished to so that. So, he simply sat back, had a sip of the whiskey he's been nursing, and wrote a quick note. He beckoned to the waiter to come over and handed him the note. With a few instructions the waiter went to deliver the note to Kimble.

The note read:

Congratulations. You now have a city to look after, and I'm sure everyone will be true servants to you  and New Orleans. Seamus.

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations Kimble, I know you will build New Orleans into a great city and I wish you all the best in your journey."

Barney walks away al suited up.

Report Post Tip

Coming out of retirement, stepping up as a leader again in Chicago, and now responsible for an entire city.  It has been a good two months for you :)

Congratulations on your new role as a city head.  This role recognizes your previous committment and achievements in Chicago while elavating you to a level of leadership that will tap your substantial abilities.

Report Post Tip

Hound hears the news, and remembers the stories of his grandfather and kimble "back in the days"...

Congratulations Kimble, your exactly what NO needs to be rebuilt and back on its feet.

Hound extends his hands and tips his hat.... SALUTE!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: My greatest honor, New Orleans bound
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL