Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 02:05:08
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
First Piece of Music you bought? Started by: John_Fareham on Apr 02, '22 10:44

Good question, while i do enjoy many styles and genres of music, the first one i bought personally would be the games documentary. and might i say what a fantastic album  it is. unfortunately my old man smashed it, i do however have it on i tunes. I listen to it from time to time, :D not really a music guy tho.

Report Post Tip
I think my first album I bought was actually the simpsom singing the blues or something like that. The second was Metallica Metallica.
Report Post Tip

First single I ever bought was Stand and Deliver by Adam and the Ants

First album was one of the Top of the Pops compilation albums, both around 1981

Report Post Tip

First single was Bittersweet Symphony. First album was Word Gets Around. Seems my taste in music hasn’t changed since I was 13, cos I still listen to Urban Hymns and Word Gets Around from time to time.

Report Post Tip
The first album I purchased was Jesus Jones Doubt. It was an album I played from front to back. Over and over. Trust me. I know what I’m doing.
Report Post Tip

If we're not counting stupid shit we bought at the age of eight (and we're not - my rules), then I bought Queen's "The Game" on cassette when I was about 12 years old.  After that I went bananas and starting buying a bunch of metal shit.

Report Post Tip

When I was a kid, I heard this song on the radio that went, "whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it.  I just want you back for good (want you back)."  It was a catchy tune and I had to have it on a CD to listen to on repeat, with my new anti-skip portable CD player.

Way back then, there was no Google, or any listening apps that will listen to a part of a song you want to know the title for and it finds it for you, but I remember there was some sort of device that you could scan the barcode on a CD and it would play you some samples of that CD through the headphones.  I started scanning a bunch of CDs until I scanned the first Backstreet Boys CD.  "This has to be the group that sings that song," I thought to myself.  So, I bought the CD.

When I listened to the CD, it was most definitely not the group that song the song I was thinking of, but I wasn't mad.  The Backstreet Boys had some great songs on their first CD.  

Later on down the road, I found out the song was called "Back for Good" by a group called "Take That" and it's a classic as well.  I don't know any other song by the group, so don't ask lol

Report Post Tip

Very much like a previous replier, I was also a fan of the very niche and underground group called The Backstreet Boys, or BSB for those of us truly in the know. I think their first album was the first CD I ever bought myself. The father of a girl in my class worked for the record company so was able to secure me a copy on the very cheap...at least that's what she told me. 

Report Post Tip

The first cd I bought was an Eminem cd, I had it for 2 days and my dad snapped it in half because he told me that we don't listen to that garbage in his house. I was pissed, I threw my cd player at him. 

Report Post Tip

The first CD I bought with my own money was Slipknot's Iowa. Didn't go over well with the family, but they couldn't do anything because I didn't use their money for it ha.

Report Post Tip

I don't quite remember the very 1st one. It was either a Celine Dion CD (Let's Talk about Love) or an Usher (Confessions) one. Loved both, think it was the Celine Dion one that was first.

Report Post Tip

I think I'm technically a millennial but I'll go ahead and answer anyway. The first album I ever bought was Dookie by Green Day on CD. The first LP I ever bought when I started my vinyl collection was Axe to Fall by Converge.

Report Post Tip
Earliest thing I can remember is my first album.. Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog flavoured water.. not sure what year that was o.o
All I know is I was damn young and knew nothing of what any of the songs were about.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I didn't buy it, but the first CD I got for my birthday back in the early 2000s was guns N roses greatest hits collection. It was the gateway into rock n roll for me, previously I listened to country because that's what my dad listened to, once I got this CD everything changed for me.

Report Post Tip
I convinced my father to buy me Enema of the State when I was in grade two. Once he heard a few of the songs he took it away though and I never got it back. Now that I am thinking about it I am not sure how the CD cover wasn’t a tip off for him at the store.
Report Post Tip

First stuff if ever brought concerning music was an old Bob Marley Vinyl, never regretted it.  

Report Post Tip
I’m fairly sure one of the first albums I bought for myself was one of Metallicas earliest ones. I can’t swear though as this was quite some time ago. I remember always getting one or two in my Easter egg as a child. Fun times
Report Post Tip

Hmmm. I am pretty sure the first CD I ever bought on my own was Celine Dion's. I loved her and well I still do. I thought her music was so epic back then. Oh, it was "A New Day Has Come". Then I bought the Usher Confessions album a couple years after that. Most people probably had that one too.

Report Post Tip

I can't really recall, especially due to my time working in a store that sold a lot of music in high variety. Like I want to say the first one I ever bought was an Earth Wind and Fire best hits for my parents or something but the first I can recall buying at least is High as Hope - Florence and The Machine. I only deeply recall it because I'd recently been told about them and as I was exploring the bands discography I noticed in the coming New Arrivals would be that album. 

Report Post Tip
First thing i bought was an lp of Michael Jackson. I was around 12 years old, before i allways taped everything from radio to tdk tape :)
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: First Piece of Music you bought?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL